Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tithin

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Vladimir Poutine posted:

Haven't the LNP been distancing themselves from a DD a bit though?

the arsetralian posted:

TONY Abbott has backtracked from suggestions of a double-dissolution election, saying he expects the next election to be held in 2016 as planned.

The Prime Minister today said he was confident the minor parties and Senate independents would “understand” the harsh measures in his government’s first budget and accept his mandate to govern.

“Whenever the next election comes, the people will judge us on what we’ve done and before the election we said we’d stop the boats, we’d scrap the carbon tax, we’d build the roads of the twenty-first century, we’d get the budget back under control,” he said in an appearance on ABC’s Insiders program.

“This is precisely what we are doing and I believe we will be able to say to the people at the next election whenever it is — and I expect it in the middle of 2016 — we’ll be able to say to the people ‘We said this is what we’d do, we’ve carefully, purposefully, methodically done it, now it’s in your hands.’”

Mr Abbott last week warned that some of the incoming Senate crossbenchers — including Palmer United Party, Family First, the Liberal Democratic Party and the Australian Motoring Enthusiasts Party — would be unlikely to keep their seats if there was a new election.

His comments were widely interpreted as a threat of a double dissolution election to the crossbenchers who might be contemplating voting against some of the budget’s major measures.

“I am promising a strong and decisive government, that’s what I’m promising,” Mr Abbott said today. “I’m confident that the minor parties and the independents in the Senate will understand that we could not go on living the way we were, we could not go one mortgaging the future.

“Now if they don’t like what we’re putting up, what are they going to put up as an alternative.

“We’re not doing this because we are somehow political sadomasochists, we are doing this because it is absolutely necessary for the long term welfare of our country.

“Obviously we’re happy to talk about different details with minor parties and independents in the Senate, but they’ve got to accept that we are the government, we were elected to run the country, we’ve got to make tough decisions as well as easy decisions.”

Mr Abbott said he would not propose any changes to the GST and calls for discussions on lifting the GST rate or broadening its application were based on a mistaken sense of panic from the states.

“Let’s wait and see what happens here,” he said. “We’ve got three years and this idea that there is some kind of an emergency because things are going to have to be adjusted in three years’ time is not right, but I’m looking forward to having lots of discussions with the states over coming months and years.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet

They won't go for a DD they'll just go ho hum labor, greens, pup screwed us, give us a majority in the senate in 2016 and Australia, being loving dumb and somewhat forgiving of first terms govts, will.

hambeet

Wait this is gbs.

gently caress arse

cat doter

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Romeo Charlie posted:

An update to the spreadsheet.

It's funny how they keep adding to the spreadsheet while in the same thread keep pointing out how unreliable the steam numbers are.

Whoah this is really weird, i never expected to open this thread today and find someone's dissected my steam habits

$2000 spent over 10 years and I only play ~200 hours a year? I would have guessed more

Anyway, sass is weird as hell, what the hell is the point of what they're doing? "Haha those posters sure are worse than us, let's pour over every post they've made and make fun of them but we aren't the creepy obsessive weirdos, no way!"

I'd prefer to spend my time on steam games.

plumpy hole lever

♥ Anime is real ♥
oops just rememberd xylo said ignore the creepy weirdoes, move along nothing to see here

cat doter

i apologise for engaging with the psychopaths

Bargearse

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Amethyst posted:

yeah

commercial mexican food is always a dissappointment

I know this is from a few pages back but if you ever find yourself in Melbourne's eastern suburbs around Boronia, you have my deepest condolences but should probably check out Carlos' Cantina while you're there

hambeet

Yeah I'll have a poo poo load of dim sims and a bucket of soya sauce

G-Spot Run

Bargearse posted:

check out Carlos' Cantina while you're there

Yes.

RC Bandit

Hanson: It's Time

I also apologize for engaging with the psychopaths, please don't probate me.

hambeet

i don't think he cares enough to do that. it was funny for a bit then it just got sad.

now we're talking about mexican.

Bargearse

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

beetloJW posted:

usually a good choice

thatbastardken

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
gently caress, i want some dim sims now.

Bifauxnen

Curses! Foiled again!

With all the constant talk about it, I'm almost caving in and wanting to try those cheesy nugs.

webmeister

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

thatbastardken posted:

gently caress, i want some dim sims now.

Guess who had pork & prawn dumplings for dinner? This guy :smuggo:

I find the biggest issue with tapas restaurants in Sydney/Australia is that with tapas in Spain, the idea is that you get 30% of the food for 30% of the price. So you can pick 3-4 main dishes, have a good sample of everything on the menu and not have to take out a mortgage.

But of course, Sydney tapas usually means you get 30% of the food for 80% of the price, completely defeating the point of the exercise.

And to clarify for those still wondering: Mad Mex burritos > Guzman y Gomez burritos, but the reverse is true for nachos. But both are generally inferior to non-chain Mexican places.

hiddenmovement

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

webmeister posted:

But of course, Sydney tapas usually means you get 30% of the food for 80% of the price, completely defeating the point of the exercise.

I should read whole comments.

Melbourne is equally bullshit with it's tapas places. It's really just an entree only restaurant.

Bargearse

webmeister posted:

Guess who had pork & prawn dumplings for dinner? This guy :smuggo:

Chicken and prawn dumplings are good stuff, ~*MY ASIAN GIRLFRIEND*~ made some for lunch

Zenithe

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I thought the whole point of tapas was that you buy a drink and get a bonus plate of small bits to nibble on? Originally though, before capitalism ruined it.

hambeet

i thought tapas is what you do to shawty?

hambeet

you know, after they get down.

Murodese

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
i've yet to find nibble-esque food as good as laneway lounge in perth

pork belly doughnuts in maple/bourbon glaze
black truffle and cheese toasties
arancini balls with truffle/parmesan and bearnaise
popcorn prawn with peri peri mayo
etc

plumpy hole lever

♥ Anime is real ♥

beetloJW posted:

i thought tapas is what you do to shawty?

You Am I

Me @ your poasting

Bargearse posted:

I know this is from a few pages back but if you ever find yourself in Melbourne's eastern suburbs around Boronia, you have my deepest condolences but should probably check out Carlos' Cantina while you're there
ok, never heard of that place. then again I don't trust much in Boronia, except for Gomi's.

beetloJW posted:

That's a lot, even for a fat bastard like you

You Am I

Me @ your poasting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUsNE4hW0fQ

Bargearse

You Am I posted:

ok, never heard of that place. then again I don't trust much in Boronia, except for Gomi's.

sweet, I'll have to check it out. There's also a good Chinese noodle and dumpling place on the bottom floor of that new apartment building across the street from the Mitcham train station

hambeet

There’ll be no pizzas where your goin’ Skase!

Bargearse

Maybe it wasn't a dream...

You Am I

Me @ your poasting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74UCPA-4ThE

Love the "Guest Stars" and "Introducing" in this Bargarse intro

Doctor Spaceman

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I just realised there are kids growing up in this country who probably don't know about Bargearse, and it made me sad

simmyb

Which episode does he try to eat the horse in?

Doctor Spaceman

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

simmyb posted:

Which episode does he try to eat the horse in?

anti-magic

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.
Ann Burke as Ann Bourke.

Bargearse

You Am I posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74UCPA-4ThE

Love the "Guest Stars" and "Introducing" in this Bargarse intro

and Special Guest
SUPER MARIO BARGEARSE

cat doter

i saw godzilla tonight dudes, it was ok but kinda boring in spots

after it was over i asked my friend that i was with if he wanted to see the grand budapest hotel since it was starting as we were leaving the theatre and he said no

loving oval office refuses to watch stuff that isn't blockbuster crap

put both hands in

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Grand Budapest Hotel is a great movie, if Wes Anderson as gently caress. You should try and convince your friend to see it.

ewe2

Bargearse posted:

and Special Guest
SUPER MARIO BARGEARSE

So many great things in bargearse. I wish they'd been able to do the doctors series they were originally after but it more than makes up for it. I'm still wondering who mr pixellated was.

bell jar

cat doter posted:

i saw godzilla tonight dudes, it was ok but kinda boring in spots

after it was over i asked my friend that i was with if he wanted to see the grand budapest hotel since it was starting as we were leaving the theatre and he said no

loving oval office refuses to watch stuff that isn't blockbuster crap

someone doesnt want to watch two movies in a row wow stop the presses

cat doter

bell jar posted:

someone doesnt want to watch two movies in a row wow stop the presses

i go to movies with him a bunch, but he always refuses to see smaller stuff

he thought gravity was boring and hated american hustle, dude just doesn't like anything that isn't full of action and explosions and poo poo, which to be fair he fully admits

its just...literally nobody i know likes or wants to see smaller/stranger/art films and it makes me saaaaaad

Divorced And Curious

democracy depends on sausage sizzles
find new friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negligent

Its just lovely here this time of year.
whats the story behind the thread title

• Locked thread