Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Oh god it's that time of year. They are coming out.
"I need this tire swapped."
"Okay, we've got several ahead of you, but it should be done in a couple of hours."
:byodood: "WHAT I WANT IT DONE NOW I AM GOING ON A RIDE IN TWO HOURS THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! THE SEASON IS ONLY SO LONG!!!"

:downs: "I need a tire"
"Okay, what kind of bike do you ride?"
:downs: "......................uh..............a sport bike............."
"Um, alright. What kind of sport bike? Are you looking to do track days? Distance riding? Around town? A little bit of everything?"
:downs: "I don't know just give me the best tire!!"
"Well, the Michelin Pilot Road 4 is a great tire. It's very popular, and has great tread life. The Pilot Road series is a great set of tires all around."
:downs: "That's way too expensive oh my god I want something cheaper!!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hermand
Oct 3, 2004

V-Dubbin
Can I do a reverse rant here - my brother just picked up a ZX9 which means the band is back together for summer! We've done a few rides with my best man since my bro moved back to our home town, but I've had to borrow my dads GSXR and lend him my (his old) Bandit or one of us has just had to sit it out.

So now I'm really looking forward to getting out - can hopefully get my dad onboard now, too.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Pope Mobile posted:

Oh god it's that time of year. They are coming out.
"I need this tire swapped."
"Okay, we've got several ahead of you, but it should be done in a couple of hours."
:byodood: "WHAT I WANT IT DONE NOW I AM GOING ON A RIDE IN TWO HOURS THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! THE SEASON IS ONLY SO LONG!!!"

:downs: "I need a tire"
"Okay, what kind of bike do you ride?"
:downs: "......................uh..............a sport bike............."
"Um, alright. What kind of sport bike? Are you looking to do track days? Distance riding? Around town? A little bit of everything?"
:downs: "I don't know just give me the best tire!!"
"Well, the Michelin Pilot Road 4 is a great tire. It's very popular, and has great tread life. The Pilot Road series is a great set of tires all around."
:downs: "That's way too expensive oh my god I want something cheaper!!!"

Agreed on the Pilot Road 4. Just buy the 3's. Save :10bux:

Oh I guess I should rant about something.... uh... cars! drat traffic.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
You know what, I've never ever come across anyone who did the whole "you're not riding a real bike" that wasn't friendly ribbing. Not even one.

The only stereotypical group of people I meet are the ones that go "man that's wayy dangerous! Be safe! :ohdear:".

Akion posted:

:( I ride the poo poo out of my Harley. But it's a Sportster, so it's not *really* a Harley.

Should've bought a bike out of the limited man-approved man bike list that was drawn up in the seventies. :(

adary
Feb 9, 2014

meh
So we have this weekly meet here in Israel, every friday, at a very nice place in Tel Aviv, where a lot of bikers, classic car enthusiasts and sports car enthusiasts like to hang around. Starting two weeks ago we (bikers/sport cars) are pretty much evicted from the place by the police, new signs restricting bike traffic are up. Last friday cops placed roadblocks at every possible approach to the area, and on the way there I got pulled over.

Conversation started with: "license/registration/insurance please" which I provided and of course they are fine. Then the cop starts checking my bike. Headlights, tail light, break lights, and we come to turn signals which my harley very obviously doesn't have. Cop yells at me, and i keep telling him calmly to check his little book of laws to see why my 1993 harley doesn't have turn signals (law in Israel states that bikes manufactured in 1995 and later have to have turn signals).

In the end he starts going about my mirrors, how small they are and not functional, and about my air intake (pretty standard screamin' eagle open filter kit).

Ironically, he never mentioned the only thing that is not exactly legal on my bike which are the exhaust pipes ...

25 minutes of hassle just to tell me to go away ...

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

KARMA! posted:

You know what, I've never ever come across anyone who did the whole "you're not riding a real bike" that wasn't friendly ribbing. Not even one.

The only stereotypical group of people I meet are the ones that go "man that's wayy dangerous! Be safe! :ohdear:".

Should've bought a bike out of the limited man-approved man bike list that was drawn up in the seventies. :(

Oh they're out there. I've met them, and they're exactly like you'd imagine.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

adary posted:

So we have this weekly meet here in Israel, every friday, at a very nice place in Tel Aviv, where a lot of bikers, classic car enthusiasts and sports car enthusiasts like to hang around. Starting two weeks ago we (bikers/sport cars) are pretty much evicted from the place by the police, new signs restricting bike traffic are up. Last friday cops placed roadblocks at every possible approach to the area, and on the way there I got pulled over.

Conversation started with: "license/registration/insurance please" which I provided and of course they are fine. Then the cop starts checking my bike. Headlights, tail light, break lights, and we come to turn signals which my harley very obviously doesn't have. Cop yells at me, and i keep telling him calmly to check his little book of laws to see why my 1993 harley doesn't have turn signals (law in Israel states that bikes manufactured in 1995 and later have to have turn signals).

In the end he starts going about my mirrors, how small they are and not functional, and about my air intake (pretty standard screamin' eagle open filter kit).

Ironically, he never mentioned the only thing that is not exactly legal on my bike which are the exhaust pipes ...

25 minutes of hassle just to tell me to go away ...

Man that's rough to be treated like that...and they moved in on your land? drat.

adary
Feb 9, 2014

meh

nsaP posted:

Man that's rough to be treated like that...and they moved in on your land? drat.

Well, considering that in the last 3 years that we did gather there there wasn't a single incident of any kind, the only loss is to the local businesses (mostly food/coffee places) that will lose a few hundred customers every friday

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Pope Mobile posted:

I actually get this from my girlfriend's sister, whose husband rides a sportbike. Apparently a DRZ isn't a real bike and why would I wear boots they just fall off in a crash anyway.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

nsaP posted:

:drum:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Pope Mobile posted:

I've met far, far too many of them and the overwhelming majority have either never ridden anything other than a Harley or simply don't own a bike. None of them can ride for poo poo.

nsaP posted:

Be nice.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
nsaP: 1
International Zionist Conspiracy: 0

dictionar.com
Jul 17, 2005

VERISIGN IS A BAD COMPANY
Join your local ZHOG to meet up with people like you who ride harleys too.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Slavvy posted:

I have a honda dealership who are exactly like this near my work, are you sure you don't live in NZ?

I once rode to the shops with my girlfriend on her bike following me. We stop and hop off and some random guy nearby goes:

"I could smell the rice burning a mile away!"

And my witty retort was:

"Shut the gently caress up."

And he just walked off :shrug:

Just rev the engine every time they open their mouth to speak.

"Come again?"

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
Holy cow bikebandit.com is slow as poo poo. Ordered basic stuff last Saturday and it has still yet to ship. Every vendor I have ever dealt with gets it done in the same day if ordered soon enough, or next day if not. I bet loving Yoshimura will get my order here faster and I didn't order that until Monday.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I have the worst luck with both bikebandit and ronayers :(

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

astrollinthepork posted:

Holy cow bikebandit.com is slow as poo poo. Ordered basic stuff last Saturday and it has still yet to ship. Every vendor I have ever dealt with gets it done in the same day if ordered soon enough, or next day if not. I bet loving Yoshimura will get my order here faster and I didn't order that until Monday.

Replied in the other thread, but if you're just looking at the online status, I've had BB orders literally arrive at my house while they're still "pending" I think that whole company has like, 5 employees.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Depending on the part, BB does take a really long time sometimes though. BB is usually a last resort for me, if I have to order from BB I know I'm not getting anything done quickly or easily.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
I've spoken to customer service twice about it now. They told me it was in the "shipping department" now, but it's nearly 5P pacific and I've got nothing in my inbox. So maybe tomorrow? I ordered basic poo poo that should be in stock, no bike specific parts or anything. Bars, grips, generic turn signals, and bar ends. All stated "usually ships within 24 hours" Guess I should have went with revzilla.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Yeah I've always had super slow shipping from BikeBandit as well. Slow enough that I sometimes would wonder if they even had a warehouse at all or if they were just dropshippers.

I ordered something on Monday night though and got notice that it shipped today (supposedly, tracking isn't up yet) though so that's pretty good I guess?

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Last time I ordered from Bike Bandit, I paid extra for two day shipping. Three days after the order,I got an email saying they were canceling my two day shipping and refunding me because, according to therm, I'm in California and ground shipping would only take two days from their facility. Then, they didn't ship the brake pads for a week and a half after that email.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

That's weird, I've never has any problem with BB. Ron Ayers on the other hand took forever and screwed up my order.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Thanks a lot goons :colbert:

lol

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

You're part of the IRL cool dudes club now, you can't be running around with that pansy comic book bullshit for an AV.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Slavvy posted:

You're part of the IRL cool dudes club now, you can't be running around with that pansy comic book bullshit for an AV.

I've got my avatar for a :toxx:, but in a few months when it runs out I'll probably Photoshop a Harley onto the hat in Kap's hand.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Slavvy posted:

Yes sir.
:japan:

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Slavvy posted:

:smith:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

My first avatar (on this account, anyway) was some anime bullshit with the word POUTINE below it and I still have no clue what it was, who bought it or why.

http://esarahpalinonline.com/soap/?username=Sagebrush

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Slavvy posted:

I got gaming/comic/anime bullshit stickers on my REX :colbert:

Sagebrush posted:

My first avatar (on this account, anyway) was some anime bullshit with the word POUTINE below it and I still have no clue what it was, who bought it or why.

Sometimes its better to stay ignorant

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Slavvy posted:

Don't listen to this bamma, comic books rule.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

I like the theme you've got going on, besides that one

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

I remember that one!

ElMaligno posted:

I got gaming/comic/anime bullshit stickers on my REX :colbert:

's cool, you're exempt.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Anti-rant time : Commuting to work today, I'm sitting at a red light and the left turn arrow goes green. The car in front of me is just sitting there, so I'm thinking typical distracted driver. Then after a few seconds of green arrow some utter douchebag runs the red light. I don't know if the guy in front of me saw the red light runner or was distracted, but thanks anyway car driver.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Some dude has started riding around my neighborhood on a street-legal ATV (registered as a car, so no speed limiter) at breakneck speeds with a completely unmuffled engine, it sounds like it's got a straight pipe on it and nothing else.

Goddamn it ATV dude, stop making people hate you, you're ruining it for the rest of us :(

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Flag him down and give him the 'there's a time and a place' talk.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

KozmoNaut posted:

a street-legal ATV (registered as a car

What? :psyduck:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Europe. Can't own a handgun, but have fun zipping around in your four n wheeled death conveyance.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Safety Dance posted:

Europe. Can't own a handgun, but have fun zipping around in your four n wheeled death conveyance.

I'll take that trade. :getin:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

There is an EU directive which states that "quadricycles" can be street legal as long as they adhere to the rules set forth in the directive. For instance, it has to have a headlight, indicators, license plates, a catalytic converter and whatnot, but unlike cars, there are no requirements for seatbelts, ABS, ESP or any other safety equipment. So despite not actually adhering to the various safety requirements set for cars, you're welcome to register your ATV as a fully-fledged automobile.

You also have to pay the full registration tax, just like with a street-legal car or motorcycle. That means you can drive your four-wheeled death machine anywhere you like, including on the motorways, and it's not illegal to ride it without a helmet. Most dudes I see on street-legal ATVs wear shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops.

There are special rules for registering ATVs as tractors or mobility scooters, but that requires a 30kph limiter and there are limitations on where you can ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

KozmoNaut posted:

There is an EU directive which states that "quadricycles" can be street legal as long as they adhere to the rules set forth in the directive. For instance, it has to have a headlight, indicators, license plates, a catalytic converter and whatnot, but unlike cars, there are no requirements for seatbelts, ABS, ESP or any other safety equipment. So despite not actually adhering to the various safety requirements set for cars, you're welcome to register your ATV as a fully-fledged automobile.

You also have to pay the full registration tax, just like with a street-legal car or motorcycle. That means you can drive your four-wheeled death machine anywhere you like, including on the motorways, and it's not illegal to ride it without a helmet. Most dudes I see on street-legal ATVs wear shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops.

There are special rules for registering ATVs as tractors or mobility scooters, but that requires a 30kph limiter and there are limitations on where you can ride.

You're not allowed to ride them on motorways in the UK but TBH I've never seen them anywhere but tearing up local housing estates with blinging rims and low-profile car tyres on. They seem to be filling a hole in the biker ecosystem normally occupies by the gixxerbrah in the US.

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 30, 2014