Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

Nerdrock posted:

We're picking servers by reading the OP.

Yea, hey, I figured that out.

But if there aren't official servers then how is the OP info correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴘ

Maxmaps posted:

Is there a way to put the remaining people who keyboardturn into a wildlife preserve so humanity never forgets the fact that one day they did roam the earth before the vast majority of them stood in fire and took too long to get out of it?

That wildlife preserve is named Everquest

Tholias
Jun 8, 2012

Eschatos posted:

Does anyone else think the platforming in this game is janky as hell? I was planning on going explorer on my first character until I tried out the tutorial explorer missions and had to try each "puzzle" half a dozen times because of the impreciseness of the controls.
On a related note, is there any setting for changing keyboard turn speed? The default rate is horrendously slow and I prefer to not have to use mouse for turns other than reversing.

Here's an addon that might help:
https://www.everquest.com/register

Annnd...beaten to the punch

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Tenasscity posted:

But if there aren't official servers then how is the OP info correct.

...because the OP googled some crazy thing like "wildstar official servers launch" , clicked on the first result, scanned the page, and saw the post by a "Community Leader" claiming that these forums represent what will be available at launch.

Or, a magical fairy told them.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Anyone else had problems getting the Mumble overlay to play nice with WildStar?

Nerdrock posted:

...because the OP googled some crazy thing like "wildstar official servers launch" , clicked on the first result, scanned the page, and saw the post by a "Community Leader" claiming that these forums represent what will be available at launch.

Or, a magical fairy told them.

... Except an unknown number of those forums are going to be rename to as-yet-unknown names before the headstart because of some dumb poo poo about bug reports confusing the tech team, and they have yet to say what the new server names will be.

So yeah, basically goons can't read.

VVV: Why would you turn it off? It's useful being able to tell who is talking in a busy/full channel.

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 26, 2014

Lionguild
Sep 5, 2013
You mean some people don't just turn the overlay off?

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
You mean some people don't just put the Mumble window on their second monitor so they can just see who is talking that way?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

a cat on an apple posted:

You mean some people don't just put the Mumble window on their second monitor so they can just see who is talking that way?

Listen my second monitor is reserved for my 24/7 midget poop sex stream, I can't be covering up that poo poo with mumble.

God it needs to be Saturday already.

Beauaz
Mar 15, 2006

wtfmoses posted:

To combat the potentially low body count of people in the goon guilds we set the sponsoree limit to 10 people per goon. If you have friends you want to play with then BRING THEM ALL.

Thanks!

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

WarLocke posted:

Listen my second monitor is reserved for my 24/7 midget poop sex stream, I can't be covering up that poo poo with mumble.

God it needs to be Saturday already.

That's just silly, that's what your third monitor is for.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

a cat on an apple posted:

If there's anything I've learned the past few weeks, it's that goons can't read.

Why read when you can just make a poll?

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Ugh I wish they would have at least left a server or two up over the holiday weekend so some of us could decide on a class before launch.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

WarLocke posted:

Anyone else had problems getting the Mumble overlay to play nice with WildStar?
I assume Wildstar is DX11, and the mumble overlay doesn't work with DX11 apps, only DX9.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

You can easily test that by starting the game in dx9 mode (add -dx9 as a parameter in your shortcut.). Not that I'd want to run it in dx9 mode, but still...

Edit: vvvv
Must've been by a second at most. Your post showed up when the page reloaded after I'd pressed post. :)

Inepta Lacerta fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 26, 2014

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Collateral Damage posted:

I assume Wildstar is DX11, and the mumble overlay doesn't work with DX11 apps, only DX9.

IIRC it can run in both DX9 and DX11.

EFB :argh:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Either way the mumble overlay doesn't work with DX11.

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.

wtfmoses posted:

Keyboard turning you say...

As much as we might want to lambast keyboard turners for their backwards ways, it really doesn't help that in many modern MMOs, Wildstar included, keyboard turning on the A and D keys are set as the default.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I keyboard turn when im mounted in town because it lets me immerse myself in the role of a warpig rider.

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider
For that guy or anyone else trying to Auth with an account created through the Steam portal:

You didn't receive a password because this method does not associate a password for the forums upon creation. Before trying to auth go to your User Control Panel on the wildstargoons forum, while logged in via the Steam portal, and there should be a link called 'Change or Generate Password.' Click that and your random password will actually be generated and mailed to you, then use that to actually run the auth. Confused me a few days ago too.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Can you eventually rename engineer bots like you can with the scientist scanbot once you hit a certain level?

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

anticake posted:

For that guy or anyone else trying to Auth with an account created through the Steam portal:

You didn't receive a password because this method does not associate a password for the forums upon creation. Before trying to auth go to your User Control Panel on the wildstargoons forum, while logged in via the Steam portal, and there should be a link called 'Change or Generate Password.' Click that and your random password will actually be generated and mailed to you, then use that to actually run the auth. Confused me a few days ago too.

The problem was that I wasn't getting the random password emailed to me. Then they moved site hosts and the site said I had a temp password and wouldn't send me a lost password email.

It was fixed by deleting my username and having me set it up again, so no big loss really. Probably just a fluke that it happened the way it did.

--

Also guys, if you have some playfire/GMG credit and you're still on the fence about buying Wildstar, you can use ZMMIEX-EW1476-0PNL11 AND your credit to get some money off. The 25% off code didn't let you use credit with it, but this 20% one does -- so I managed to snag the game after the credit I had for about $29.

Tensokuu fucked around with this message at 23:52 on May 26, 2014

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

So now that name reservation is over what names did everyone manage to snag? I was thinking of going with PinkNightmare which is my competitive name (long story, scarring childhood, you understand) whereas my general social interaction name is Onikitsune (again, a long-story). I feel that this might have been started by the PS2 game //.hack, wherein everybody was looking for something, whether it be to be the best at pvp, pve, or to collect rare items.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

dreffen posted:

So now that name reservation is over what names did everyone manage to snag? I was thinking of going with PinkNightmare which is my competitive name (long story, scarring childhood, you understand) whereas my general social interaction name is Onikitsune (again, a long-story). I feel that this might have been started by the PS2 game //.hack, wherein everybody was looking for something, whether it be to be the best at pvp, pve, or to collect rare items.

I honestly can't tell whether this is a serious post or not. Something about the word choice...

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

hit button posted:

/eval Apollo.SetConsoleVariable("player.turningSpeedKeyboard", 1)
That sets turning speed to default, try increasing the number at the end to 1.5 or 2 or whatever.

Thanks.

Minsky posted:

In the nicest way I can put it in an MMO thread, I think that if you take some time to get used to it, you may find that using your mouse for turning around and keyboard for moving will give you much better control over your character.

Oh I understand that the mouse gives better control, but with faster turn speed either would be viable and I could stick to keyboard turning except in the situations that demand particularly precise control, like PVP or raiding. I really don't care enough to argue about it so I'll leave it at that.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Tensokuu posted:

The problem was that I wasn't getting the random password emailed to me. Then they moved site hosts and the site said I had a temp password and wouldn't send me a lost password email.

It was fixed by deleting my username and having me set it up again, so no big loss really. Probably just a fluke that it happened the way it did.

--

Also guys, if you have some playfire/GMG credit and you're still on the fence about buying Wildstar, you can use ZMMIEX-EW1476-0PNL11 AND your credit to get some money off. The 25% off code didn't let you use credit with it, but this 20% one does -- so I managed to snag the game after the credit I had for about $29.

Thanks for this, the code in the OP wasn't validating for me.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
If you preordered and reserved your name, please pay a visit to http://auth.wildstargoons.com/ and add that name as your main character

This will make launch a lot easier for you and my sanity

if you didn't get a name reserve for the love of god don't do this

Tokaii
Mar 8, 2004

Oldest Goon
July 29, 1942

Maxmaps posted:

Is there a way to put the remaining people who keyboardturn into a wildlife preserve so humanity never forgets the fact that one day they did roam the earth before the vast majority of them stood in fire and took too long to get out of it?

For a game that almost requires mouse turning I don't know how can they not have a mouse sensitivity setting? I can't believe they overlooked this.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

dreffen posted:

I got "Kawaii" so I can be the chibi-est, kawaii-est Aurin bishi that ever glomped =^.^=

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I totally wasted my reservation and should have instead taken MODOC (Metallic Organism Designed Only for Crafting) the Mechari Engineer/Settler/Architect (and bonus comic book joke) :roboluv:

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Doublestep posted:

If you preordered and reserved your name, please pay a visit to http://auth.wildstargoons.com/ and add that name as your main character

If I understand a wildstar-online forum post right, because I ordered today, which is still preordering, but I didn't preorder before May 16th, I'm not able to 'reserve a name.' Or I guess get a few preorder unlockables. I'm not terribly put out by this but I imagine they're going to generate quite a bit of bitching over the next few days from folks late to the hypewagon but still early for launch.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Doublestep posted:

Seems to be working for me. Nice work on the site guys, this is so much better than Enjin. It looks really nice on smartphones as well.

5er posted:

If I understand a wildstar-online forum post right, because I ordered today, which is still preordering, but I didn't preorder before May 16th, I'm not able to 'reserve a name.' Or I guess get a few preorder unlockables. I'm not terribly put out by this but I imagine they're going to generate quite a bit of bitching over the next few days from folks late to the hypewagon but still early for launch.
You'll get all the pre-order bonuses and headstart access. The only thing you missed is the name reservation.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
I signed up for the goon site a few hours ago but still haven't received my authentication email. Did I do something wrong or does it take a while? My forum name is the same as here.

screech on the beach fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 27, 2014

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Tokaii posted:

For a game that almost requires mouse turning I don't know how can they not have a mouse sensitivity setting? I can't believe they overlooked this.

/eval Apollo.SetConsoleVariable("player.turningSpeedMouse", 1)

This is a thing you could try playing with too.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...
Just found out about this game today and it looks interesting. Anyone have any input on whether the Deluxe edition is actually worth the price jump? With the GMG gaming code you can get the deluxe for $60 and the base for $48.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Kizurue posted:

Just found out about this game today and it looks interesting. Anyone have any input on whether the Deluxe edition is actually worth the price jump? With the GMG gaming code you can get the deluxe for $60 and the base for $48.

The only bonuses from the Deluxe are an outfit set (like a cyborg weird thing), a gold hoverboard(saves you in-game gold since you don't have to buy one), a rocket house(again, saves in-game gold you'd spend on a house), and a neon green dye for costume stuff.

It's basically all cosmetics. The only time-saver that matters is the hoverboard, and honestly that saves you maybe like 2 or 3 hours of running quests to buy one if you're at zero gold for whatever reason.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...
According to GMG even ordering the standard right now would give me the rocket house also. So it seems to boil down to if I want to be a pretty pretty princess with a hoverboard for $12.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Here's the outfit and hoverboard:

Looks pretty cool honestly. Those bits on the front, back, and sides of the hoverboard are all attachments you could theoretically use on any hoverboard also, if they introduce a better one later or something. And the outfit is split into head/gloves/torso/legs/boots so you can wear just some of it or all of it.

And I'm assuming the green dye color is what they used on the glowy parts.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Gameko posted:

With the Esper you'll lead off with a builder, add a 2nd builder as the mob aggros and closes in, then finish it with a builder or spender as the mob charges its telegraph attack. You might take a hit if the mob auto-attacks, or you might get fancy and dodge at the last second. This is how the Esper is going to feel at all levels of play. You'll stick and move and look for a window, then use that window to cast something necessarily. You'll have mobile skills, but you'll use these as your setting up your big turret skills.
I guess I was playing wrong then. What I did was set up two Psyblades and one or two Bolsters, then I would kick into the twirly thing. By the time that was over I had a full slate of PP to throw a spender out and I was mobile the whole time. I could dodge around or stun a telegraph then until I got my cooldowns back.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
The real question is at what level do we get these fancy free hoverboards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Rhymenoserous posted:

The real question is at what level do we get these fancy free hoverboards.

25 is when you get the ability to use them, at least for the normal ones on vendors. Don't know if this'll be any different.

• Locked thread