Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Jargon posted:

PvP servers are just like PvE servers except with more opportunities for trolling and gooning around, that's literally the only difference.

This conversation didn't go well the last three times it came up, you drat goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

:cawg: See, even Warlocke knows better than to go down that route. Pick the server you enjoy and shut up.

RiffRoff posted:

Am I the only one who thinks it looks like a Geocities page from 1997? Between the color scheme and how mashed together everything feels, I get the late 90s web design vibe from it.
If you think this one is bad, you should have seen the Enjin forum. I would link it except then some dumbo would inevitably go there and be all "why does nothing work boy this guild sure is empty"

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
The enjin forum looked like the wildstar ui from alpha

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

wtfmoses posted:

You will likely need to dump your cache and stuff since the DNS has changed.

Weird, its working on my phone but not my Surface even after I dumped my cache

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

CrashCat posted:

:cawg: See, even Warlocke knows better than to go down that route. Pick the server you enjoy and shut up.
Given that I can't pick between Medic and Spellslinger I've decided to just split the difference and play Medic on the PvP server and Spellslinger on the PvE-RP server :v:

Bad Moon posted:

Weird, its working on my phone but not my Surface even after I dumped my cache
Are they both on Wi-Fi or are you using 3G/4G on your phone? 3G/4G will be using different DNS servers and may well work. I think that if you give it another day or so all the problems will be sorted out.

For wtfmoses: nslookup via my work DNS servers resolves nothing (even after flushing the cache) while it works fine via my home connection (using my normal ISP and without dumping the cache) so I'm pretty sure it's not really client side DNS caching that's the issue at this point.

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 27, 2014

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

So a sort of crafting question: Pretty sure I'm going to go Architect on my main dude, and since it takes junk from every gathering profession, which one (gathering profession) has the most interesting event things (like, I remember it being said that sometimes when you try to pick a flower it'll turn out to be the tip of a mega flower monster or something)?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

WarLocke posted:

So a sort of crafting question: Pretty sure I'm going to go Architect on my main dude, and since it takes junk from every gathering profession, which one (gathering profession) has the most interesting event things (like, I remember it being said that sometimes when you try to pick a flower it'll turn out to be the tip of a mega flower monster or something)?

Mining was the most impressive for me, since sometimes it let me zone into an underground cave instance, FILLED with mining nodes, and big rock creatures to fight.

Kresher
Sep 11, 2001
Permanent Patient

FallenSystm posted:

Making a second post. I feel like all the Aurin anger is being taken out on me! Goon site worked fine before this so called "fix" and now I have tried everything to my knowledge and cannot get the website to load. I can access it on my phone but let's be serious... what's the point of having two monitors if I can't be reading all the petty man child arguments, I mean fantastic posts and ideas about the servers we should play on and our goals to dominate both PvE and PvP.

Error: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Dumped cache, then dumped all internet history, rebooted router. I am at a loss, I have never seen this issue before.

Please wtfmoses, let me into the club. I promise to bring man child arguments, and support them with Everquest logic!

I'm also having a connection issue to the wildstargoons.com website since the server change.

Tried flushing DNS, reset my internet modem, yet nothing works.

My phone can access it just fine, same as FallenSystm.

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012

Got you bro

I'm also not having any issues connecting to the site with my pc (fios) and my phone (verizon :v:).

edit: have either of you tried it with IE?

Kresher
Sep 11, 2001
Permanent Patient
Welp, I can access the site again! Dunno what happened there.

edit: Now that I can access the forum, I can't access the auth site. :bang:

edit2: Tried flushing DNS again, and that let me access the auth site. But in turn, I can't access the forum! :suicide:

Kresher fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 27, 2014

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
WIP:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zVENrQvN_0Li6hrU7Kbxycdp75Io3mW6ekLaO0yeuLE/edit?usp=sharing

This spreadsheet is going to detail the stats of crafted Weaponsmith gear based on its rarity (Vendor Power Cores are green - Technologist-crafted Power Cores are blue) for the purpose of reference and comparison with quest gear. So far as I've seen, crafted weapons of similar level and rarity are distinctly better than quest weapons, plus you have more control, plus you get to upgrade sooner.

Still to be done: Add Attachments for Journeyman+, finalize ratios on odd weapon sets, and otherwise prepare for plugging in tons of numbers when the game goes live.

Lionguild
Sep 5, 2013
Amazing work

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Mining was the most impressive for me, since sometimes it let me zone into an underground cave instance, FILLED with mining nodes, and big rock creatures to fight.
I didn't play during open beta but that sounds really cool.

Lionguild fucked around with this message at 05:41 on May 27, 2014

Beauaz
Mar 15, 2006

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Arch nodes sometimes turn into little probes that fight back and poo poo out extra goodies. Survivalists get nothing.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

Ad by Khad posted:

I played healer-medic during beta and I don't recommend it. The only times the class felt unique to me were the times where it pissed me off. That said, some goons in this thread really enjoyed medic dps.

Out of my friends who tried the game, the one who liked it picked Esper, so maybe that?

Why did it piss you off? Genuinely curious, I didn't get to play beyond fiddling around with the char gen. I usually play the healer to my friend's tank and medic seemed the most appealing. I got the impression spellslingers will be a dime a dozen and espers stand in place a lot.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Beauaz posted:

Survivalists get nothing.

Survivalists obviously need trees to spring to life and carry them away to some mountain ledge where they sit and remark on how little they are.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

folgore posted:

Why did it piss you off? Genuinely curious, I didn't get to play beyond fiddling around with the char gen. I usually play the healer to my friend's tank and medic seemed the most appealing. I got the impression spellslingers will be a dime a dozen and espers stand in place a lot.

At a guess, it's because the medic's heals are mostly short-ranged and positional. That means a Medic requires much more cooperation from their group than an Esper or Spellslinger. Healing pubbies on a Medic is going to be literally herding cats.

Tupper
Sep 1, 2007

Fun will now commence.
Starting to seriously reconsider my launch choice of Engineer since we're gonna be on a PVP server. Its been a long time since I've been on a PVP enabled MMO server, and I always wanted to roll a rogue in WoW. Might go Stalker.

Anyone that's played both Engi and Stalker willing to give me their opinion? Also still kind of tossing up between Settler, Explorer, and Scientist. Ugh. THIS GAME.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Tupper posted:

Starting to seriously reconsider my launch choice of Engineer since we're gonna be on a PVP server. Its been a long time since I've been on a PVP enabled MMO server, and I always wanted to roll a rogue in WoW. Might go Stalker.

Anyone that's played both Engi and Stalker willing to give me their opinion? Also still kind of tossing up between Settler, Explorer, and Scientist. Ugh. THIS GAME.

Engineers good at killing people. Stalkers worse at killing people, but better at trying to kill people, failing, and then escaping alive.

Tupper
Sep 1, 2007

Fun will now commence.

THE PWNER posted:

Engineers good at killing people. Stalkers worse at killing people, but better at trying to kill people, failing, and then escaping alive.

Really? Huh. Maybe I'll stick with Engi on headstart and just see how it goes. I felt like Stalker was a lot more potent during beta but maybe i was just a poo poo engineer in PvP.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Tupper posted:

Remember if you go Scientist you get a group summon, so that makes it just that much easier to grab some help if people are being dicks. Engineer may not be good at surprise, but you're in heavy armor so it's not going to be as easy to just pop you dead. Plus your bots can keep doing things even when you're stunned. Gankers also like to wait for a weakened target, so if you let your bots do the tanking you have all your own health to spare. Of course that will be slower, so you may want to save it for when you think you're in a hot zone. Either way though by the time you hit a level where it's even a consideration, you will be high enough to queue for Adventures if poo poo is getting in your way on the ground.

Tupper
Sep 1, 2007

Fun will now commence.

CrashCat posted:

Remember if you go Scientist you get a group summon, so that makes it just that much easier to grab some help if people are being dicks. Engineer may not be good at surprise, but you're in heavy armor so it's not going to be as easy to just pop you dead. Plus your bots can keep doing things even when you're stunned. Gankers also like to wait for a weakened target, so if you let your bots do the tanking you have all your own health to spare. Of course that will be slower, so you may want to save it for when you think you're in a hot zone. Either way though by the time you hit a level where it's even a consideration, you will be high enough to queue for Adventures if poo poo is getting in your way on the ground.

I'm not overly concerned about getting ground into the dirt to the point where I can't level. I suppose I'm just concerned about the drop-of-the-hat PVP viability of Engineer. Rogue-types are usually seen as kings of that particular field, but I guess Wildstar isn't really the kind of game to play to MMO stereotypes a lot of the time.

My highest character during Beta was Settler and while the bonuses were neat, I didn't feel very engaged with it. The "gather taxes to build a huge building" tasks weren't fun either, because even though I did my part, I never saw the building go up. I played to 15ish with a Soldier and Explorer, and only about 5ish with Scientist. Which is weird because I thought it'd be my first choice.

Oh well, no harm in trying poo poo and rerolling later if I get bored. I'm not a super-hardcore-edgy raider so I suspect I won't be worrying about racing to cap.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Tupper posted:

Really? Huh. Maybe I'll stick with Engi on headstart and just see how it goes. I felt like Stalker was a lot more potent during beta but maybe i was just a poo poo engineer in PvP.

Stalkers get a lot of their tools fairly early on, but level off pretty quickly. Engineers bloom later but are pretty drat strong once they do. I'm probably gonna roll warrior instead of stalker for similar reasons.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Tupper posted:

My highest character during Beta was Settler and while the bonuses were neat, I didn't feel very engaged with it. The "gather taxes to build a huge building" tasks weren't fun either, because even though I did my part, I never saw the building go up. I played to 15ish with a Soldier and Explorer, and only about 5ish with Scientist. Which is weird because I thought it'd be my first choice.
Yeah, Settler is tedious but also an easy choice for anyone who doesn't really want to do Paths and still reap benefits. Though really you only need enough other people to be Settler for you. So I should probably be pushing more people that way. Anyway getting the Bluepine Tears sold me on Scientist, though I was pretty sure I liked them as soon as I read some of the extra lore bits and stuff Scanbot writes in them.

That said, anyone who plans to quest as a duo should consider pairing an Explorer with a Scientist for maximum area-unlocking potential. I'd even say take a Soldier as third party member since everyone can do the events and they scale all the way up to raid level. The Settlers can actually unlock some content with a completed Project, but not being able to even help out a partied Settler fill the thing up really makes them far more trouble than is worthwhile.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

CrashCat posted:

Yeah, Settler is tedious but..

Just walking around Bloodfire Village. Hey look, a spear I can erect. Cool. Hey look. Another one. Alright, I'll just put this up and- Oh what a surprise, more. (Circle the building once, and get back to the start) HEY SWEET, MORE SPEARS TO ERECT.

ARE YOU HAPPY BLOODFIRE VILLAGE? I PUT ALL YOUR SPEARS UP. I didn't build you anything of value, but your loving spears are up. For the next 3 minutes. Sorry though, I gotta go...

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

It's an easy way to grind rep though.

(insert juvenile pun about erecting your spear here)

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

New features trailer released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGSqb-pNZK0

Nothing anyone here haven't seen before, but might be good for convincing friends to get the game.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

Another question about paths, are the missions and such dependant on a certain path level? Lets say I start in Deradune and completely ignore my path until level 20, can I suddenly start doing path poo poo in whatever zone is appropriate at level 20, or is it going to tell me to go back and kill/collect/scan/explore poo poo in Deradune?

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

flipoff posted:

Another question about paths, are the missions and such dependant on a certain path level? Lets say I start in Deradune and completely ignore my path until level 20, can I suddenly start doing path poo poo in whatever zone is appropriate at level 20, or is it going to tell me to go back and kill/collect/scan/explore poo poo in Deradune?

The latter I'd imagine, seeing as how path missions aren't really dependent on path experience, but rather your actual level in most cases. I think you'd still get proper path experience by going back too, however.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Tupper posted:

That's probably true from what you saw, but Stalker later on is a lot more suited to hit and running rather bursting people down, while Engineer becomes a ranged class that shits out consistently high damage (you don't need to use a builder) with amazing kiting ability.

If you like finesse classes, Stalker's still a pretty fair choice. Engineer is pretty brute force in comparison.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

flipoff posted:

The missions are completely zone dependent, class level does not matter at all and your path level only matters for level up rewards, titles, and path abilities

Before the level cap was raised in beta, I actually went through the alternate starting and 7-14 zones to complete the missions to gain some extra path XP.
I'm think the path mission XP is constant throughout the game, regardless of the zone, because they gave way more path XP than I expected

Once you hit the Path cap (30) the XP earned from the missions starts to funnel into your normal XP instead.

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe

Inepta Lacerta posted:

New features trailer released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGSqb-pNZK0

Nothing anyone here haven't seen before, but might be good for convincing friends to get the game.

Holy poo poo that purple tentacle squidboard at 2:47! I'm a grown man dammit and waiting for headstart is like being ten years old and waiting for christmas.

EDIT: sorted, never mind! All hail wtfmoses etc etc

occluded fucked around with this message at 15:21 on May 27, 2014

Chonchon
Dec 16, 2013

occluded posted:

Holy poo poo that purple tentacle squidboard at 2:47! I'm a grown man dammit and waiting for headstart is like being ten years old and waiting for christmas.

In other news, is the email confirmation stuff for wsgoons still broken? I'm trying to sponsor a terrible person in and they haven't received an email yet.

I was having the same issue, but changing my email and resending the confirmation fixed it somehow.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
http://tankingnexus.wordpress.com/tank-comparison-guide/

Yet another Tank guide.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Chonchon posted:

I was having the same issue, but changing my email and resending the confirmation fixed it somehow.

In semi-related news to email, registrations and confirmations (but Carbine/NCSoft this time), this was posted on the forums earlier:

CRB_Anlath posted:

Hi all,
NCSOFT's account system is going down for maintenance at 20.00 PDT (05/27/14) / 21.00 EDT (05/27/14) / 03.00 UTC (28/05/14).

During this time, you will be unable to log in and access these following services:

• Account Management
• WildStar Support Site
• WildStar Forums

This downtime is scheduled to last 14 hours, however may be longer. Please monitor this thread for any update!

Regards,
Team WildStar

Just in case anyone planned to do account stuff during that time.

Jfizzoid
Feb 8, 2005
sproing

Inepta Lacerta posted:

Just in case anyone planned to do account stuff during that time.

Well, looks like I won't be adding those hyphens to my phone number this morning after all. :colbert:

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

I've changed my mind on what race, class, and server I want to play on about 7 times this past week, this game just needs to come out so I can make up my drat mind :psyduck:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Where is the druid class that lets me Tank/Heal/Ranged DPS/Melee DPS all with one class :(

Also did they ever fix tank abilities being pointless because even with the threat modifiers they still generated less threat than regular assault abilities?

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 16:33 on May 27, 2014

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009

flipoff posted:

I've changed my mind on what race, class, and server I want to play on about 7 times this past week, this game just needs to come out so I can make up my drat mind :psyduck:

I've been pretty indecisive about what class I want to play. Still flip flopping between esper and spellslinger.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

BadLlama posted:

Where is the druid class that lets me Tank/Heal/Ranged DPS/Melee DPS all with one class :(

Guild Wars 2 is thataway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

WarLocke posted:

Guild Wars 2 is thataway.

Guild Wars doesn't have Druids.

• Locked thread