Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Fat Lowtax posted:

Cross-checking innocent angel Derek Dorsett, who is great with kids

Probably won't have to worry about him in Game 6 after that headbutt.

No Dorsett, no Carcillo - the Rangers can probably cancel the shortbus rental for Thursday afternoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
If I was a little boy in New York, my new hero would definitely be Derek Dorsett. He's a straight shooter, and knows how to instill life lessons. That kid skating around the rink thinks he's having the time of his life, sharing the ice with his idols. By spraying snow in his face, Dorsett gave him a reality check: "Don't reach for the stars kid, you'll never be one of us".

But he didn't stop there. He also showed everyone that when players get out of line, the solution is to headbutt them. Zinedine Zidane gave him a "glowing puck seal of approval" for that display of sportsmanship.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
Zidane owns though?

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
Just heard the ESPN New York radio announcers losing their poo poo over the Moore hit.

:allears:

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
Nice little rant by the Rags' colour commentator about the Moore major penalty, if you can find it.

Nope, no difference at all between an actual malicious head shot and a missed interference minor that everyone shat their pants about.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
My favourite thing watching the game was all the times they cut to Lundqvist sitting alone on his stool looking sad.

Also this was the first game I watched and I switched to Jeopardy after it was 3-1, then came back and it was 4-4, and only the Habs scored after, so I swear I will watch every minute of every single Habs game the rest of the playoffs.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
Derek Dorsett snowed the Canadiens flag kid

(Luckily teammate and cool guy Zuccarello negates his shittery)

Willful ignorance can also make it look kinda like Bouillon knocks the kid over, so he should probably be removed from the lineup

e: for ever

Pancakes by Mail fucked around with this message at 05:17 on May 28, 2014

Lumius
Nov 24, 2004
Superior Awesome Sucks
i wish zucarello was a hab , give all the reject Scandinavian hockey guys a chance

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013

Pancakes by Mail posted:

(Luckily teammate and cool guy Zuccarello negates his shittery)

Little dudes gotta help out other little dudes, right?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Lumius posted:

i wish zucarello was a hab , give all the reject Scandinavian hockey guys a chance

gently caress off he's ours.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

St. Dogbert posted:

Nice little rant by the Rags' colour commentator about the Moore major penalty, if you can find it.

Nope, no difference at all between an actual malicious head shot and a missed interference minor that everyone shat their pants about.

Protip: Maloney is a massive homer and should be pretty much ignored on issues like this.

Hope that helps!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

If Prust got 2, Moore should get 3+ (5+ imo but I don't believe in the NHL system). I'd also look at Dorsett's potential headbutt but I think that's a much much tougher call to make as he moved his shoulder as well (aka it was not Zidane Heatbutt blatant)

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

This just in: Derek Dorsett cancels Christmas

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Pancakes by Mail posted:

What an rear end in a top hat. That's the kinda thing that really messes a kid up. Instead of being his big awesome moment being on ice with the pros he'll remember falling down on national television.

I still fondly remember getting to play a quick game during the intermission at a Canucks game as a little kid. Got an assist on the only goal, felt like I was on top of the world. :3: Takes a special kind of douchebag to ruin something like that for a little kid.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wasn't the kid Ovie snowed a few years ago in Montreal too?

I'm just saying, maybe we should take a look at what these kids are doing to the players.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Wasn't the kid Ovie snowed a few years ago in Montreal too?

Yes, and the Habs came back from being down 3-1 to win the series.
:getin:

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.

neoaxd posted:

Yes, and the Habs came back from being down 3-1 to win the series.
:getin:

WOAH THERE

I'm moving HAS to :siren: OPTCON 3 :siren: - Elevated optimism above that required for normal posting.

Pessimism posters are being instructed to increase readiness and be ready to mobilize in fifteen minutes, including those aboard submarines carrying Therrien II pathos payloads.

Let's all keep a cool head here and remember that our team sucks and is poo poo and is also piss

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Pancakes by Mail posted:

WOAH THERE

I'm moving HAS to :siren: OPTCON 3 :siren: - Elevated optimism above that required for normal posting.

Pessimism posters are being instructed to increase readiness and be ready to mobilize in fifteen minutes, including those aboard submarines carrying Therrien II pathos payloads.

Let's all keep a cool head here and remember that our team sucks and is poo poo and is also piss

Habs only delayed the inevitable. Last time they lost in the East agains Philly in 5. This year it's gonna be against the rangers in 6. In a few more years against another team in 7. After that we're all gonna be dead due to some cataclysm and Habs won't ever go to the finals again.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Pancakes by Mail posted:

WOAH THERE

Vomit status: ready to fire

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Duro posted:

Honestly, the Rangers should count their loving lucky stars that they are up 3-2 in this series, because the Habs easily could have won games 2 and 4. And to think, they allowed the Canadiens to win 2 loving games with an AHL goalie in net, after purposefully injuring the greatest goalie in the world. gently caress, if Price was in nets the entire series the Habs would have probably been in the finals by now but history will only look at the stupid scoreboards.

And wow, what a coincidence that poor poor Stepan was in the lineup tonight. After the devastating surgery he had to go through, what a brave brave little man he is to fight through the pain of such surgery and play in the series so soon. It's not like he and the Rangers have been cheating their asses off throughout the series, trying to gain whatever stupid edge they can gain. It's almost as if they made his surgery look much worse than it was so that Prust could get a bigger suspension.

Hopefully the assistant coaches can get a nice comfy seat at the next Habs practice in New York. I wouldn't want them to miss any coaching decisions Therrien makes.

If you toned it down a bit, it might be a believable that this is an opinion that someone has.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i am not sure what i watched tonight but it was maybe kabbadi or jai alai, or maybe that southeast asian sport where people are only allowed to use their feet. possibly pesäpallo? i don't know but it was not a hockey game and that was a big bummer because what i really wanted to watch was a game of hockey

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
So let's say by chance LA/CHI goes to game 7, and then the obvious cup final of CHI/MTL goes to 7, what day would that game 7 probably be? Are there any arena conflicts?

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

I like this Bork kid. He's got moxie.

Zybl0re
Aug 10, 2002

I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS SHIT!

a false posted:

i am not sure what i watched tonight but it was maybe kabbadi or jai alai, or maybe that southeast asian sport where people are only allowed to use their feet. possibly pesäpallo? i don't know but it was not a hockey game and that was a big bummer because what i really wanted to watch was a game of hockey

It looked a lot more like hockey than what the cup finals will hahahahah. Am I right people? Dang ol' turkey shoot incoming.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman

Cropped: the outstretched, near-touching hand of God.

JayMax fucked around with this message at 09:43 on May 28, 2014

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

All I see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlSv818d1Rk

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rotten Cookies posted:

If you toned it down a bit, it might be a believable that this is an opinion that someone has.

There's 5 people like him on my Facebook right now.

The rest haven't sobered up enough to type, I assume.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

When I checked my phone this morning, I don't know what I was expecting, but it certainly wasn't a Bourque hat trick.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Well the Rangers did a whole lot of dumb, stupid, crappy, miserable poo poo things last night and looked loving stupid so I sure hope they don't do the same thing on Thursday and Diaz will probably have to be playing anyways.

On the plus side you can probably write off Bourque as a threat for the next couple of games since he blew his "usefulness load" all in one game.

Man it's one thing to lose a game it's another to look like a bunch of loving fools doing it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Dustin Tokarski story is sounding a whole lot like the Marc Andre Fleury story right now.

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

That game was pretty much what I expected would happen, except I didn't think there'd be so many dumb goals. Facing elimination at home, down 3-1, seemed like a foregone conclusion that the habs were going to play with some gumption and take that one down by a decent margin. I also expect the rangers to win game 6, so we'll see I guess. What I don't expect is for the habs to come back and win in 7, but who knows after the mess we saw last night.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Aphrodite posted:

The Dustin Tokarski story is sounding a whole lot like the Marc Andre Fleury story right now.

I know I kind of live in a bubble or whatever but nobody I know has any delusions about Tokarski actually being good. If they make the Finals, that may change, of course.

Last night's game was garbage but I was wildly entertained. Great job by the Habs to blow a 4-1 lead.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
I want to believe, but I just don't see the Rangers not being able to take advantage of their much better coaching and the crazy lopsided goaltending matchup of Olympic Hank to AHL Dustin over two games, especially with a chance at home.

Still, Montreal far exceeded what I could have expected with an AHL goalie going in cold, and Tokarski deserves a heck of a lot of credit for being competent (if the faint praise fits, wear it) beyond what we could have expected from his body of work to date.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

I'd expect Lundqvist and the Rangers to bounce back hard on Thursday but I mean you never know, I'm used to disappointment in sports and could see them blow it

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I know I kind of live in a bubble or whatever but nobody I know has any delusions about Tokarski actually being good. If they make the Finals, that may change, of course.

Last night's game was garbage but I was wildly entertained. Great job by the Habs to blow a 4-1 lead.

Cherry literally used the Fleury defense last night. It was pretty funny.

Ignore the save percentage, the blown lead, ignore the miracle on ice that had to happen, look at how pretty some of the saves he made were!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Rangers had a bad game. Oh well, moving on.

Stepan was p great last night as was Klein, again.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Levitate posted:

Man it's one thing to lose a game it's another to look like a bunch of loving fools doing it.

Game 1 Habs :q:

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

I hope the Rangers contract dysentery and literally poo poo themselves to death.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

LmaoTheKid posted:

Rangers had a bad game. Oh well, moving on.

Stepan was p great last night as was Klein, again.

Kreider had a 4 point night, Stepan 2 goals, Nash a goal and assist, and they still loving lost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:
Devils beat writer: Indications as of right now are that Dorsett (headbutt), Bourque (crosscheck major) will not receive any form of supplemental discipline.

John Moore has a hearing later today :wotwot:

• Locked thread