Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

what a pussy, i'd have suplexed that friend of the family into a dumpster and then put on my sunglasses and said 'my name's not chad'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax
You know who calls people narcs?

Shitheads that dont want regular people to report the poo poo they do.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

My dad's best friend once killed a man in Japan in the 70s when he kicked him for trying to save a girl on the street who was being attacked by a larger man and screaming to let go, he was a karate instructor and kicked him and he went over and hit his head hard and died

Turned out the girl was absolutely shitfaced drunk and spewing everywhere and it was her brother trying to get her to go home, he got cleared of all charges but it ruined his life

makes u think OP

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Pawn 17 posted:

Not really. If she wants to press charges he is in jail because of that.

Congrats on not being a terrible human being.

Not quite. Assault doesn't require victim consent for prosecution.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

should have hosed him right there on the spot while she watched

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Clamps McGraw posted:

My dad's best friend once killed a man in Japan in the 70s when he kicked him for trying to save a girl on the street who was being attacked by a larger man and screaming to let go

wat

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
now's your chance to cuck him!

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010
yeah because doing nothing would make you feel so much better if doing something someone already made you feel bad

so obviously this is a thinly veiled "I did a good thing praise me" thread

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

therattle posted:

I think you did the right thing, OP. gently caress the haters.

Any big sleazebag pushing some girl around like that deserves it. I just hope she has enough sense to get away from him. (probably not)

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Who cares if you did right or not

what difference does it make

do you really give a poo poo about this random poo poo dude

G.I. Jaw
Mar 26, 2003

More cake, Mrs. Tuffington?

Nap Ghost

Should be sleeping posted:

I went to get a beer tonight at the store and saw a couple fighting as I left. I called 911 when I saw a 6 foot man pushing his small girlfriend who was trying to leave. She wanted to leave the area, and he was physically pushing her back and forcing her to stay. All I could think about was my own sister getting slapped around and how mad it made me that the people who saw it did nothing. The fight was getting more violent so it was either me intervening and telling him to stop or call the cops. Because I am chronically incapable of minding my own business.

It seemed like the right thing to do, but I don't feel good about it. That man is going to jail tonight because of a phone call I made. That's really heavy. It doesn't excuse his behavior, but I really question if I made the right decision. I wanted him stopped but I don't know if he deserved jail.

Thoughts? Opinions?

You did the right thing but the best thing would have been to shoot him in the head Rodger style (akimbo dual berettas)

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
called the cops on the OP for being gay

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
That's not narcing. Narcs only wish to get themselves out of trouble for committing a crime. Did you commit a crime?

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Clamps McGraw posted:

My dad's best friend once killed a man in Japan in the 70s when he kicked him for trying to save a girl on the street who was being attacked by a larger man and screaming to let go, he was a karate instructor and kicked him and he went over and hit his head hard and died

Turned out the girl was absolutely shitfaced drunk and spewing everywhere and it was her brother trying to get her to go home, he got cleared of all charges but it ruined his life

makes u think OP

uh I'm pretty sure that's Karate Kid 2

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Robokomodo posted:

That's not narcing. Narcs only wish to get themselves out of trouble for committing a crime. Did you commit a crime?

Isn't Narc an abbreviation for Narcotics Officer?

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

You should only walk away if the woman is actually being raped

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i woke up one night and was convinced that my neighbours were having a horrible domestic like there was so much screaming and poo poo and it was a tuesday and I was literally on the phone to the cops thinking someone was getting murdered and then halfway through had to be like wait... wait I think they might just be singing along to smashmouth :cop::phoneline::phone: :sotw: :dealwithit: :whoptc: :smithmouth:

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
if you aren't narcing 24/7, OP, then theres no way there will be enough prison labor to 'go green' in america. You did a good thing

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
You probably distracted the cops from doing something meaningful like harass kids at the mall or poo poo all over some guy selling weed. You're why society's crumbling apart, op.

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
its not narcing when some human being is beating his girlfriend. its narcing when your you call the cops on your pot dealer becuase he didnt let you borrow his copy of super smash bros

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
op if you ar eblack then you done hosed up

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

uG posted:

op if you ar eblack then you done hosed up

if OP was black he wouldn't be able to figure out the internet

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

I went to get a beer tonight at the store and saw a couple fighting as I left. I called 911 when I saw a 6 foot man pushing his small girlfriend who was trying to leave. She wanted to leave the area, and he was physically pushing her back and forcing her to stay. All I could think about was my own sister getting slapped around and how mad it made me that the people who saw it did nothing. The fight was getting more violent so it was either me intervening and telling him to stop or call the cops. Because I am chronically incapable of minding my own business.

It seemed like the right thing to do, but I don't feel good about it. That man is going to jail tonight because of a phone call I made. That's really heavy. It doesn't excuse his behavior, but I really question if I made the right decision. I wanted him stopped but I don't know if he deserved jail.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Normally I'd tell you to kill yourself but in this case I think you would have been better off if you grew a pair of balls and punched that man out yourself.

Still your method is also acceptable, if you're a big walking vagina.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Waltzing Along posted:

Shoulda joined in. It was probably foreplay for some heavy DP action.

Exactly. Don't kink shame you cockblocking rear end in a top hat.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
good job OP now the guy will have a criminal record which will make it even harder for him to find employment and probably lead to a downward spiral

you ruined someone's life just cuz you wanted to gently caress his girlfriend.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I once hit a man with a brick because he was beating the living poo poo out of his girlfriend in front of a convenience store.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I call the police on literally everything that annoys me, so good job. I literally called the cops on someone who gave me a dirty look in traffic.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

demonachizer posted:

I once hit a man with a brick because he was beating the living poo poo out of his girlfriend in front of a convenience store.

I knew a man who got hit with a brick so hard he looked like your avatar. Didn't slow him down none.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Theparker posted:

snitches get stitches op

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Men the attack women deserve to be in jail. You did the right thing. You didn't get him arrested, he did.

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

ooh, i've been a bad little poster!

All I could think about was my own sister getting slapped around
next time imagine cops coming and shootings your sister for resisting and then wondering why you are mad

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

He said: "Chad!! Tell them I didn't do anything, man!"

My name is not Chad. I do not know that man. So there's that.

chad

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Lotish posted:

I knew a man who got hit with a brick so hard he looked like your avatar. Didn't slow him down none.

I had a guy complain to me while waiting for the el train a few weeks ago about being thrown in jail for a few days because he hit his Ex's new boyfriend in the back of the head with a brick. Because he didn't like the guy being with his ex.

That was an interesting conversation.

E: Who the gently caress did you piss off to get that avatar MySchlong? I know Ularg had it too for a while I mean holy poo poo its awful.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Al Borland posted:

I had a guy complain to me while waiting for the el train a few weeks ago about being thrown in jail for a few days because he hit his Ex's new boyfriend in the back of the head with a brick. Because he didn't like the guy being with his ex.
its not like hes a danger to others though

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

gary oldmans diary posted:

its not like hes a danger to others though

as long as you're not anywhere near his ex.

He did then throw a bottle of booze drunkenly onto the tracks.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

therattle posted:

I think you did the right thing, OP. gently caress the haters.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Should've offered to cuck him, op

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

a hole-y ghost posted:

or big quantities of semen like what do I do with this 50 gallon drum of senior citizen semen???

start a maternity ward

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
also legit gj OP on getting an abusive shithead put in jail where he belongs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CountButtula
Jan 5, 2014
You probably did the right thing in this instance but enjoy 5 pages of gbs calling you a fag

• Locked thread