Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
panda clue
May 23, 2014

Ridinspinnaz posted:

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Screenshots?select=Screenshot+2014-06-01+23.50.47.png

This is what comes up when I try to jump through the linking hoops. No idea

Consider linking something like this with your original request maybe so you don't come off as a moron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

Ridinspinnaz posted:

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Screenshots?select=Screenshot+2014-06-01+23.50.47.png

This is what comes up when I try to jump through the linking hoops. No idea

You are never getting an invite now I hope you realize. This is some legendary idiocy.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I managed to break the game and summon two bruiser bots at once. I don't know how I did it. I would love to get two artillery bots though!

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is there a leveling guide for engineers that shows me the best abilities to use at certain levels - I;m using flak cannon and the electrical discharge thing like 99% of the time, and hittting my 2 bots when i can, but I imagine there are better volatility dumps at this point (level 15)

Makeup Vanity Set
Nov 13, 2012

Sour D's got me touchin' the moon, rollin' up blunts the size of a fuckin' cocoon. Wolves roll together like some family raccoons, tellin' you to eat an ass like a fuckin' baboon.

Velveteen posted:

I managed to break the game and summon two bruiser bots at once. I don't know how I did it. I would love to get two artillery bots though!

If you mount, wait a second, and summon another bot, it should give you a second bot of the same type. I'm not sure if both cast their respective abilities each click, but it sure is nice. It's a known bug that has been around since closed beta.

A Yolo Wizard posted:

Is there a leveling guide for engineers that shows me the best abilities to use at certain levels - I;m using flak cannon and the electrical discharge thing like 99% of the time, and hittting my 2 bots when i can, but I imagine there are better volatility dumps at this point (level 15)

Energy Auger becomes really useful after you unlock Bio Shell, since it gives just the right amount of volatility gain and filler between Energy Auger cooldowns. Basically, you open with Bio Shell > Auger > Electrocute and slam Quick Burst every time it comes up, and repeat. Quick Burst doesn't interrupt Electrocute casts when you press it. Once you get T4 Bio Shell, the build starts to really open up, since it turns Bio Shell into an instant cast, allowing for more Electrocute spam. Bruiser & Zap are excellent for survivability. You will have enough DPS and tanking ability that you will be able to solo 3+ group quests, I switched to it at level 20 and wished I had done it sooner.

Makeup Vanity Set fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jun 2, 2014

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009

wtfmoses posted:

You are never getting an invite now I hope you realize. This is some legendary idiocy.

Care to explain? I registered for forums, then clicked on the link accounts button prompted. I updated my profile on my SA account, then clicked the link button, then that comes up.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Ridinspinnaz posted:

Care to explain? I registered for forums, then clicked on the link accounts button prompted. I updated my profile on my SA account, then clicked the link button, then that comes up.

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009
Thanks for clearing that up, thought I had just pasted in the shared link like when I'm sending stuff @ work, but It's pretty late here on a Sunday guess I'm not quite that awake.

http://imgur.com/jTAxkh4

That's what comes up when I tried to link accounts.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Try regging now. Something threw up.

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009
Yeah, worked like a charm now :)

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Bauxite posted:

I had better luck with pubs than with goons during open beta for that adventure. I think a lot of it is not realizing that now it's your biggest job to not die instead of letting the healer hold your hand through instances in wow. If everyone in your group isn't trying to get out of telegraphs, you're going to wipe a lot.

I played it twice with pubs, got a gold the second time but the first time was a nightmare. People don't QUITE get how adventures work yet I think and they were just running around sort of randomly.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Is rebinding q to something other than strafe going to screw me when the game wants me to hold q to get out of a stun?

Minsky
May 23, 2001

After doing a tour of people's housing plots, this game seems like it has an absolute shitton of random side content.

slev posted:

Is rebinding q to something other than strafe going to screw me when the game wants me to hold q to get out of a stun?

No, the stun prompt looks at whatever your current forward, backward and strafe keys are.

Minsky fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jun 2, 2014

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Well poo poo. Something in the last few hotfixes since the headstart began has hosed up the game so bad that I can't really play at all. I crash every zero to fifteen minutes with a Wildstar 6710 error about memory not being able to be read. I've done every drat troubleshooting thing I can think of but nothing helps. This blows.

Can't even printscreen that poo poo because the key doesn't work when the error comes up since Wildstar hijacks that key for screenshots.

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jun 2, 2014

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009

CrashCat posted:

Well poo poo. Something in the last few hotfixes since the headstart began has hosed up the game so bad that I can't really play at all. I crash every zero to fifteen minutes with a Wildstar 6710 error about memory not being able to be read. I've done every drat troubleshooting thing I can think of but nothing helps. This blows.

Can't even printscreen that poo poo because the key doesn't work when the error comes up since Wildstar hijacks that key for screenshots.

I found that I couldn't take screenshots if it was running fullscreen, but for some reason swapping it to borderless windowed made it possible \o/

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Man, a lot of these challenges are real knife edge stuff...that I'd be perfectly fine with if it wasn't due to the slow repopulation of the mobs. Gah.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Cassian Medic casting animations are hilarious. I call this one 'I LOVE MY JOB':

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003
I really hope they plan on improving the commodities exchange. Right now it seems pretty buggy and it doesn't appear many people are using it due to lack of any kind of detailed information. For instance, when you go to "Buy Now", the price the game tells you is incorrect. It's telling me that 10 split leather at under 2s each is going to cost me over a gold to buy. Not to mention, since I'm unable to see how many are available at each specific price half the time when I go to buy them it tells me there aren't any available at that price. Just tell me how much it's going to cost me for 10 of them at the cheapest price.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ridinspinnaz posted:

I found that I couldn't take screenshots if it was running fullscreen, but for some reason swapping it to borderless windowed made it possible \o/
Yeah, I have no problem with taking shots in game. Just can't snap that error box, because it shows up when things have broken down. I'm sure i could get some screenshot utility if I gave a poo poo but I don't really. I put in an actual support ticket along with the usual bug reports and poo poo because this has gotten bad enough to actually keep me out of the game, aside from maybe hitting up the auction house.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
So I played a dominion stalker to cap (3.5 days /played) in beta and it was the most soul sucking experience I've ever had in an mmo. I was so relieved to uninstall the game after hitting cap. Stalker had the fastest ttk per mob so I can't fathom what this drudgery would have been like for engineer. I think the copy paste of the same 5 quests every single zone did me in. That and the utter lack of group dungeons or group content of any kind until cap. I was able to solo most everything with stalker. To anyone who finds this game remotely challenging, you could cheese most stuff solo with stalker unless they got nurfred.

That said, I'll admit at the time I promised myself I'd try medic in retail.

Has anything changed? Should I suck it up and play?

sinewave fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jun 2, 2014

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

SuicideSnowman posted:

I really hope they plan on improving the commodities exchange. Right now it seems pretty buggy and it doesn't appear many people are using it due to lack of any kind of detailed information. For instance, when you go to "Buy Now", the price the game tells you is incorrect. It's telling me that 10 split leather at under 2s each is going to cost me over a gold to buy. Not to mention, since I'm unable to see how many are available at each specific price half the time when I go to buy them it tells me there aren't any available at that price. Just tell me how much it's going to cost me for 10 of them at the cheapest price.
http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/220593-supernova

This might help with that. I haven't tried it yet. I've been using CommodityStats instead so far which doesn't simplify instant buying any really but does have options to auto-undercut/overcut when placing orders.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Killed a world boss, it was p. cool.

Also, apparently I broke my neck:

Kresher
Sep 11, 2001
Permanent Patient
This bug with boomboxes is annoying me.

I can't claim the darn thing because it crashes the addon: AccountInventory.

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003

CrashCat posted:

http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/220593-supernova

This might help with that. I haven't tried it yet. I've been using CommodityStats instead so far which doesn't simplify instant buying any really but does have options to auto-undercut/overcut when placing orders.

I'll take a look at it. I think what's going on is the game is looking at however many of the item are available and using that as the cost of the price instead of the number that you want to buy. Also, I really wish they'd just make it more like GW2 where you can buy and sell from anywhere but you have to stop at a station to pick up the item. There just doesn't seem to be a whole lot of movement in the exchange from what I can tell but the GW2 trading post was flooded very early especially with low level crafting items.

And to the guy above, you can only open one every 20 hours or something. It tells you right next to the item in your inventory, you have 11 hours left.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

sinewave posted:

That and the utter lack of group dungeons or group content of any kind until cap.
:confused: You get the first shiphand mission at 13 and the first adventure at 15. The shiphand can be soloed but the rewards scale up the more you are so it's better to do it in a group. The adventure (Riot in the Void) is a 5 man instance.

Also you get bonuses for questing in a group so I can't fathom why you'd want to play the game solo in the first place.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
i dont know if you played the closed beta in like, november or something, but stalker does not have the lowest TTK of any class by any stretch of the imagination

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Network Error: Unable to connect.

Swell game.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Mr Scumbag posted:

Swell game.

EU servers (at least) are down for maintenance, ETA 1½-2hrs.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Mr Scumbag posted:

Swell game.
:dogout:
Are all gamers this stupid, or just goons?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Kresher posted:

You can only claim one per twenty four hours (per character?). The addon crash is because there's supposed to be a warning or something that tells you this, and whoops. :downs:

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax

Kresher posted:

You can't claim it because it's still on cooldown. The crash is a bug, but it only happens(at least from what I've seen so far) if you try to claim one before time's up. It seems like there are a ton of little interface bugs like that, one being that a lot of your chat options are reset every time you reload the ui, but I guess things still in better shape than most mmos are at launch.

sinewave posted:

So I played a dominion stalker to cap (3.5 days /played) in beta and it was the most soul sucking experience I've ever had in an mmo. I was so relieved to uninstall the game after hitting cap. Stalker had the fastest ttk per mob so I can't fathom what this drudgery would have been like for engineer. I think the copy paste of the same 5 quests every single zone did me in. That and the utter lack of group dungeons or group content of any kind until cap. I was able to solo most everything with stalker. To anyone who finds this game remotely challenging, you could cheese most stuff solo with stalker unless they got nurfred.

That said, I'll admit at the time I promised myself I'd try medic in retail.

Has anything changed? Should I suck it up and play?

Did you do anything besides quest because there is a ton of other entertaining poo poo to do, and there are group dungeons and group adventures every 5 levels until cap so you're just flat out wrong there. There are also fun world bosses that require a raid in every zone.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

panda clue posted:

To be fair, the launcher states "REALMS ONLINE" perfectly clearly, with a green checkmark. No downtime announcement post you could click yourself to, either.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Ihki posted:

To be fair, the launcher states "REALMS ONLINE" perfectly clearly, with a green checkmark. No downtime announcement post you could click yourself to, either.

Or any information available in-game when you try to connect to said REALM ONLINE. :effort:

Kresher
Sep 11, 2001
Permanent Patient

Asimo posted:

You can only claim one per twenty four hours (per character?). The addon crash is because there's supposed to be a warning or something that tells you this, and whoops. :downs:

Cool Blue Reason posted:

You can't claim it because it's still on cooldown. The crash is a bug, but it only happens(at least from what I've seen so far) if you try to claim one before time's up. It seems like there are a ton of little interface bugs like that, one being that a lot of your chat options are reset every time you reload the ui, but I guess things still in better shape than most mmos are at launch.

Welp, it would have been nice of Carbine to let me know of that little fact.

I feel dumb now.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

panda clue posted:

This:

Ihki posted:

And also, my apologies for being unable to psychically divine downtime when the official forums are down, but if it makes you feel any better you can carry on being a smug poo poo some more.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

All y'all should bookmark wsstatus.com. Maybe even put that poo poo in the OP.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Ihki posted:

This is fair, my bad on that front, but

Mr Scumbag posted:

And also, my apologies for being unable to psychically divine downtime when the official forums are down, but if it makes you feel any better you can carry on being a smug poo poo some more.

I don't think anyone would be a 'smug poo poo' if your first reaction was to check somewhere else or to ask to see if there was a downtime rather than vomiting in the thread.

Merope
Apr 19, 2010

Smurf it up

Pound_Coin posted:

When I either right click and run as admin, or go into properties and set the file to run as admin, it gives me the same message "Windows could not find the desired device path or file, you may not have permissions to access it." I've run windows integrity tool, checked my registry for any wildstar entries and cleared it from the system using CCleaner running ATRIB from comand line says I should have access, But I run it from there I just get "access is denied"

If you still have this problem and you didn't reinstall Windows yet, try this tool or the all in one repair tool mentioned on the left side menu:

http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/reset_registry_permissions.html

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

The forums are working fine for me :shrug:

You can check what's happening with the servers in their Server Status forum and get a detailed overview of exactly which servers are up and running at wsstatus as CrashCat said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face

Collateral Damage posted:

:confused: You get the first shiphand mission at 13 and the first adventure at 15. The shiphand can be soloed but the rewards scale up the more you are so it's better to do it in a group. The adventure (Riot in the Void) is a 5 man instance.

Also you get bonuses for questing in a group so I can't fathom why you'd want to play the game solo in the first place.

There are a total of four 5 man dungeons in the game.

Ship hand and overland adventures are easily soloable. What's the point of getting a group together in the time it would take you to complete it yourself. My biggest issue about this kind of content is that during beta people bitched about it being too difficult when you could easily cheese it on several classes.

• Locked thread