Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
My heart can't take much more of this so let's just get both of the betrayals over with.

The Quark game over branch doesn't have a line between the boxes. I can't ignore it now that I've seen it, so please fix it. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkuttyB
Nov 5, 2010

I hope youre all satisfied now, ya heartless bastards!

I had actually forgotten about all the rest of the stuff that happened there, the only thing that stuck out was the terrible feeling that comes with being a monster.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

tiistai posted:

The Quark game over branch doesn't have a line between the boxes. I can't ignore it now that I've seen it, so please fix it. :v:

I really don't know why that didn't render that first time. draw.io sucks rear end, why am I still using this. Oh right because there's no way I'm transferring all this to anything else.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

You think you could add lines from where we learn information that breaks through a plot lock, to the plot lock it breaks?

Blinus
Dec 20, 2008

Color Printer posted:

I really don't know why that didn't render that first time. draw.io sucks rear end, why am I still using this. Oh right because there's no way I'm transferring all this to anything else.

The lines still aren't there. :(

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
hahahahaha, that's amazing. So, obviously everyone else has to be prevented from getting 9. Well, Clover might stay for Alice, and if Luna's on the level, she would stay, too. But K, Phi, Quark, Alice, Dio, and Tenmyougi cannot get 9.
Also, analyzing the paths, if we're betraying Alice initially, it sets up a likely death situation for three people, assuming the others vote as they did when we Allied. Luna, Alice, and Tenmyougi would all be in danger.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

Spatula City posted:

hahahahaha, that's amazing. So, obviously everyone else has to be prevented from getting 9. Well, Clover might stay for Alice, and if Luna's on the level, she would stay, too. But K, Phi, Quark, Alice, Dio, and Tenmyougi cannot get 9.
Also, analyzing the paths, if we're betraying Alice initially, it sets up a likely death situation for three people, assuming the others vote as they did when we Allied. Luna, Alice, and Tenmyougi would all be in danger.

Quark also got 9 in the timeline where we allied with Luna, but it looks like Tenmyougi's actions changed as a result of our betrayal. And that was what got us a bad end.

Of course, all that death stuff happened on the route where we did ally, so...

EDIT: Oh, yeah, and K got 9 that one time, but he immediately left after Dio smashed the Axelavir, whereas it isn't necessarily the case in the timeline where we allied with Dio. And Phi was going to leave, but we managed to get her to stop. So it looks like whether they'll leave immediately or stay might depend on circumstances.

Kaja Rainbow fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jun 1, 2014

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
To win, you likely need to hit at least some bad ends to get through locks on other paths. Letting some of the ruthless dudes escape and doom everyone else is probably the shortest route to do so.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Presumably most pathways are necessary to get the true ending. Maybe even all of them.
Anyway, tbh, I'm sort of frustrated we're not going back to the Alice branch, because I think one of the paths not taken there might have got us the identity of the bomber. but a bunch of people are just so eager to make Luna cry. :smith:

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
I think the game works well enough no matter what order you play it in. The game's going to raise more questions than answers until the very end anyway.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Blinus posted:

The lines still aren't there. :(

LPix is really weird and uploaded it over the old one, ctrl+F5 to clear your cache or whatever.

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

You think you could add lines from where we learn information that breaks through a plot lock, to the plot lock it breaks?

I can do it if you really want but I can guarantee it would get real messy real fast.

Blinus
Dec 20, 2008

Color Printer posted:

LPix is really weird and uploaded it over the old one, ctrl+F5 to clear your cache or whatever.

I did, still not showing up. It's no big deal, just frustrated now why it isn't showing up.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010
Cause once is never enough, betraying Luna twice will be the right choice.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Walterion posted:

Cause once is never enough, betraying Luna twice will be the right choice.

You know what they say, two wrongs make a right.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Color Printer posted:

As far as I know, Lpix only "uploads over" a file if it's identical to a file you've already uploaded. I think you just uploaded the wrong file, or maybe your re-export didn't fix the line and produced an identical output to before.

FishOnAPiano
Oct 9, 2012

Color Printer posted:

The "corrected" version was uploaded before I got around to catching up on the thread so I never bothered opening the old one, and the new one is still showing up without the Quark lines on my end.

Blinus
Dec 20, 2008

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

As far as I know, Lpix only "uploads over" a file if it's identical to a file you've already uploaded. I think you just uploaded the wrong file, or maybe your re-export didn't fix the line and produced an identical output to before.

FishOnAPiano posted:

The "corrected" version was uploaded before I got around to catching up on the thread so I never bothered opening the old one, and the new one is still showing up without the Quark lines on my end.

Good God, you mean a problem that isn't just me being stupid on my end? Hell hath frozen over.

Color Printer posted:

I can do it if you really want but I can guarantee it would get real messy real fast.

Even if it gets messy, that might fit perfectly.

Alexey
Feb 15, 2012

Spatula City posted:

Tenmyougi probably wouldn't leave Quark.

Blinus
Dec 20, 2008

A whole lotta people posted:

Tenmyougi

There are no soft Gs in Japanese, it's always a J. Tenmyouji is the proper spelling. Again, not a big deal, but it's spelled wrong enough that I figured people would wanna know their mistake. Plus it's right there in the images. Sorry if this was too anal-retentive or :spergin:.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Blinus posted:

There are no soft Gs in Japanese, it's always a J. Tenmyouji is the proper spelling. Again, not a big deal, but it's spelled wrong enough that I figured people would wanna know their mistake. Plus it's right there in the images. Sorry if this was too anal-retentive or :spergin:.

But he's smarter than the average garbage collector.

Ain't that right, Quark-Quark?

Gee I dunno Tenmyougi. Ranger Zero will be awful mad if he catches us!

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I just gotta say, I love how the game calls you out on being an absolutely horrible person for betraying Luna. :allears:

LET'S DO IT AGAIN

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Blinus posted:

:ssh: You're supposed to wait until the big reveal that Dio has dyslexia before you ruin the thread's in-joke.

Blinus
Dec 20, 2008

Nidoking posted:

:ssh: You're supposed to wait until the big reveal that Dio has dyslexia before you ruin the thread's in-joke.

Is nobody else confused as to why under the bracelet points it says these words? 'I RAP'? No I loving don't! 'OSLO'? I'm not from there!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
So is he hitting Betray because he thinks it says "bye rat" and he's trying to get rid of Zero III?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Clarste posted:

So is he hitting Betray because he thinks it says "bye rat" and he's trying to get rid of Zero III?

He's a rabbit...

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Blinus posted:

Is nobody else confused as to why under the bracelet points it says these words? 'I RAP'? No I loving don't! 'OSLO'? I'm not from there!

Actually, Dio, Oslo doesn't necessarily refer to the city in Norway. It could very well refer to a series of accords between Israeli and Palestinian representatives signed in 1993, or-

Shut your hole.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Blinus posted:

Is nobody else confused as to why under the bracelet points it says these words? 'I RAP'? No I loving don't!

Requesting fanart of Dio's horrifying drunken karaoke night rendition of "Bust a Move"

vancho1
Oct 6, 2013

Blinus posted:

Except... that's not exactly right. The voiced mark, or dakuten, will change the sound of a consonant from an unvoiced one to a voiced one. For example, the sound Ka(か) will become Ga(が), Ki(き) turns into Gi(ぎ), etc. Now, in this case, you are right in correcting people because Tenmyouji is totally with a ji which is definitely not gi.

And that's as far as my knowledge of Japanese goes, so don't quote me on anything I say.

As to not be completely tangential to the subject, this is a great LP, and I'm really interested in seeing how different each decision can make the final outcome.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Alright, I'm calling the poll, with the landslide winner being ~/magenta/betray 42% (126). Looks like we're firmly embracing the "Good People Die" half of the title.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Fedule posted:

Alright, I'm calling the poll, with the landslide winner being ~/magenta/betray 42% (126). Looks like we're firmly embracing the "Good People Die" half of the title.
Half of the reason I'm voting to betray Luna is because I want to get it out of the way.

The other half is because this thread has turned me into a horrible person and I want to see just how much the game yells at Sigma for doing the same poo poo everyone else has been doing in the other paths when we try to be nice.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*

vancho1 posted:

Except... that's not exactly right. The voiced mark, or dakuten, will change the sound of a consonant from an unvoiced one to a voiced one. For example, the sound Ka(か) will become Ga(が), Ki(き) turns into Gi(ぎ), etc. Now, in this case, you are right in correcting people because Tenmyouji is totally with a ji which is definitely not gi.

And that's as far as my knowledge of Japanese goes, so don't quote me on anything I say.

As to not be completely tangential to the subject, this is a great LP, and I'm really interested in seeing how different each decision can make the final outcome.

I think he meant by 'soft g' that people were writing 'Tenmyougi' as in "ten-me-oh-gee". But you're both right, and that's why there's that great Yogi Bear joke above!

Blinus
Dec 20, 2008

Heartbroken 2Twice posted:

I think he meant by 'soft g' that people were writing 'Tenmyougi' as in "ten-me-oh-gee". But you're both right, and that's why there's that great Yogi Bear joke above!

That's what I was getting at. If his name was written with a G, it was be Ten-mee-... Yogi.

As for the ka to ga and ki to gi, I believe those would still be considered hard Gs. My Japanese is fairly limited as well, but I think this is the case. Anybody fluent wanna help?

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Shei-kun posted:

Half of the reason I'm voting to betray Luna is because I want to get it out of the way.

The other half is because this thread has turned me into a horrible person and I want to see just how much the game yells at Sigma for doing the same poo poo everyone else has been doing in the other paths when we try to be nice.

I don't like betraying Luna, but I like voting for it because the thread just seems so upset at the idea.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Blinus posted:

As for the ka to ga and ki to gi, I believe those would still be considered hard Gs. My Japanese is fairly limited as well, but I think this is the case. Anybody fluent wanna help?

がぎぐげご (ga gi gu ge go) are all "hard Gs". Japanese phonology is very straightforward, with only a few irregularities. Tenmyouji's name is pronounced something like "ten-myooh-jee", as you can no doubt hear in some of the Japanese voiceovers.

Blinus
Dec 20, 2008

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

がぎぐげご (ga gi gu ge go) are all "hard Gs". Japanese phonology is very straightforward, with only a few irregularities. Tenmyouji's name is pronounced something like "ten-myooh-jee", as you can no doubt hear in some of the Japanese voiceovers.

Thanx! :) So that's cleared up. You're a gentleman and a scholaru.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Shei-kun posted:

Schadenfreude: The Game.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Araenna posted:

Schadenfreude: The Game.

Considering how much Zero III seems to enjoy being a dick to everyone, this probably holds true in-universe as well.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Ga gi gu ge go?

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Waffleman_ posted:

Ga gi gu ge go?

Let's just say it ain't a coincidence those particular vowels were used. Japanese trivia time: The sounds that are used in Japanese are basically just permutations of those five vowel sounds and a consonant, with a few irregular exceptions, and are generally laid out in that order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinus
Dec 20, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Ga gi gu ge go?

Like La Li Lu Le Lo? And there's a ZERO! And there was a SNAKE! It's a crossover! No wonder there's a lot of parrot exposition. :P

• Locked thread