Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Art Alexakis
Mar 27, 2008

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

I thought Aatrek was the only one that "stabbed" 12-year-olds?

Not sure if you're making a joke, but I believe the thing with Aatrek was that he repeatedly raped a child. If you have search or archives you can get the whole story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

The Brown Menace posted:

tryin to think of memes i'd stab people over

all of them tbh

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

Art Alexakis posted:

Not sure if you're making a joke, but I believe the thing with Aatrek was that he repeatedly raped a child. If you have search or archives you can get the whole story.

"stabbed" as in "stabbed" some "kids" with his "dick"

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

Instant Grat posted:

they found out about the slandy dandy through some creepypasta site so i guess that counts as horror now

nah the article clearly said it was SA

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Instant Grat posted:

all of them tbh

bel air man stabbed over 9000 times

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

PlantRobot posted:

nah the article clearly said it was SA

they said slenderman originates from SA, not that that's where the stabhappy 12yos found out about it:

USA Today article posted:

According to the criminal complaint, one girl held the victim down and the other stabbed her in the torso, legs and arms, intending to kill her to become "proxies" of a character on the site Creepypasta Wiki, which posts short stories "designed to unnerve and shock the reader."

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

While you read this thread, a bitter furry is training a pack of vicious shiba inus to sic on their hated oppressors.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

VanSandman posted:

i bet this isnt true
we only kill like half a person a year on average, they have to have at least six

Closer to 8 probably

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

Instant Grat posted:

they said slenderman originates from SA, not that that's where the stabhappy 12yos found out about it:

the article i read

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-wisconsin-stabbing-20140603,0,7542400.story

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dying for Lowtax's meme profits.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Chicago Tribune posted:

The Slender Man is a monster meme created in 2009 by a user of the website Something Awful, according to the website whatculture.com.

again, doesnt say they found out about it on SA. which is not surprising considering they are 12 years old and probably do not have something awful forums accounts

goatse.cx
Nov 21, 2013
I just don't get how slender man took off as a meme in the first place, it's not scary in the least or even original

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

no blood for meme

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

goatse.cx posted:

I just don't get how slender man took off as a meme in the first place, it's not scary in the least or even original

Why your scary original memes don't take off is a mystery to me too, goatse.cx.

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

Instant Grat posted:

again, doesnt say they found out about it on SA. which is not surprising considering they are 12 years old and probably do not have something awful forums accounts

Yes it's an incomplete article on that was on google news mentioning horror website and SA that was initially funny for about five seconds before being sperged about.

skeleton-w-dick.gif

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Instant Grat posted:

they didn't even manage to kill her which is (a) good and (b) p incredible seeing as they stabbed her 19 times

Maybe they miscounted.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They got caught walking the highway to get to the Slenderman's mansion? Why would he live anywheres he is some supernatural being, there is never any talk of slenderman living in a mansion. They didn't even get the killing right at the start, they dragged their feet into the woods, and they failed.

Laugh Till You Pee
Feb 8, 2014

Tell your mom to stop sending me nudes.

Instant Grat posted:

The found out about it creepypasta

http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/The_Slender_Man

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Guy sobbing is dad of one of the attackers (Morgon). Woman with huge grin is his lawyer. She knows she will be famous now. I hate her for being so happy about it.

Laugh Till You Pee
Feb 8, 2014

Tenzarin posted:

They got caught walking the highway to get to the Slenderman's mansion? Why would he live anywheres he is some supernatural being, there is never any talk of slenderman living in a mansion. They didn't even get the killing right at the start, they dragged their feet into the woods, and they failed.

They believed that killing the girl would please Slender Man and he would let them into his "cult" and allow them to live in his forest mansion. They even had bags packed to go.

These girls really aren't fully in touch with reality..

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Brown Menace posted:

many a nig nog hath resorted to foul play in their quest to get a handbeezy, of this i am certain

Laugh Till You Pee
Feb 8, 2014

Anissa Weier:

She also has quite a few posts on YouTube about Slender Man and seems to consider herself an expert...

Someone already got to her YouTube account and removed her video but her Google+ account and YouTube comments and Vine account are all still very public.

Why is a kid online seeking so much attention?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

LostInThread posted:

i'd be mad too if my first and last namews were anus and wiener :rolleyes:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

LostInThread posted:

Look at E/N and you'll find your answer.

Laugh Till You Pee
Feb 8, 2014

Morgan Geyser:

She looks more like the sweet little angel who got wrapped up with a bad kid but it's actually the other way around based on both girls statements to police. Morgan is definitely mentally ill and was the one to originally come up with the plan to kill their friend. She also indicated that she has no remorse for what she did although it was "probably wrong". She told police she was being watched and that her family was in danger so she had to do it.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

goatse.cx posted:

the gag is to trick someone's brain into believing there's a predator after them. abstract this a lil bit and kids be making GBS threads they are pants

edit: it all comes back to trek, huh

quakster fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 3, 2014

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

goatse.cx posted:

this can all be blamed on gbs 1.0

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
AP - 4chan, Reddit, Something Awful and Tumblr have all claimed responsibility for the Slender Man stabbings

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

ZenMaster posted:

Guy sobbing is dad of one of the attackers (Morgon). Woman with huge grin is his lawyer. She knows she will be famous now. I hate her for being so happy about it.

Somebody put slender man in the background

sesame_samuel_
Dec 24, 2012

Pork Pro

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
how many bonus internet points do you get when a meme you invented inspires (attempted) murder?

star trek is the free space on the "creepy weirdo" bingo card

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

ZenMaster posted:

Look at how that grin just falls off her face when she realizes she's on camera. What an awful person.

butplug accident posted:

AP - 4chan, Reddit, Something Awful and Tumblr have all claimed responsibility for the Slender Man stabbings

How can tumblr claim this one?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
The concept of slender mans may have been concieved here but the rest of the net's responsible for proliferating and popularizing slenders

Laugh Till You Pee
Feb 8, 2014

whatis posted:

star trek is the free space on the "creepy weirdo" bingo card

She also has lots of pictures of her and cats...

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Instant Grat posted:

Finding out a bunch of 12 year olds had forums accounts would explain a lot tbqh

LostInThread posted:

She also has quite a few posts on YouTube about Slender Man and seems to consider herself an expert...

I'm guessing she decided to ramp up to murder after white knighting Slenderman didn't get her into his palatial Wisconsin estate.

The Brown Menace posted:

Harlem Shake? Like once businesses started making their employees do it for videos.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

ball so hard online my memes got a body count

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Rita Repulsa posted:

The concept of slender mans may have been concieved here but the rest of the net's responsible for proliferating and popularizing slenders

We started the fire. Billy Joel is proud.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Harlem Shake? Like once businesses started making their employees do it for videos.
I think that question should have been rephrased so that it doesn't include "memes we would kill people over because they're so stupid" because that's most of them

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

a really good social media intern should give this quote to a really bad reporter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

LostInThread posted:

Morgan Geyser:

She looks more like the sweet little angel who got wrapped up with a bad kid but it's actually the other way around based on both girls statements to police. Morgan is definitely mentally ill and was the one to originally come up with the plan to kill their friend. She also indicated that she has no remorse for what she did although it was "probably wrong". She told police she was being watched and that her family was in danger so she had to do it.
Clearly Slenderman was stalking her and her actions were completely justified, alternately maybe her lack of remorse and hallucinations were the result of ...mental illness???

• Locked thread