Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

double sulk posted:

Can someone put together an la-is-the-lesser-evil.gif? :barf:

I would but I don't want to be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

double sulk posted:

Can someone put together an la-is-the-lesser-evil.gif? :barf:

No, because they're not.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
For you guys arguing last page over the Carcillo ban reduction, please actually read WHY it happened before you start crying,"WHY EVEN HAVE RULES!?!?"

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/11026231/2014-stanley-cup-finals-new-york-rangers-daniel-carcillo-ban-cut-six-games

espn posted:

After reviewing the incident, Bettman determined that Carcillo should have been punished for a violation of Rule 40.4, for deliberately applying "physical force to an official for the sole purpose of getting free of such official during or immediately following an altercation." (which is a 6 game ban-Nitramster)

Carcillo was originally cited as an offender of Rule 40.3 -- deliberately applying physical force to an official, which carries an automatic 10-game suspension.

1 hour away finally, can't wait for this series. (because I'm a Kings fan and after 21 games of up and down I just want this to be over with!)

Nitramster fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jun 5, 2014

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
The reason Carcillo's suspension was reduced was pretty much because the official that he hit described it as being deserving of the lower category of offense.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
Heading over to Big Wangs to watch the big game :dong:

Before you all talk about how gay that sounds, this is in North Hollywood, not West Hollywood. And their chicken tenders are drat tasty.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

The Casualty posted:

Before you all talk about how gay that sounds, this is in North Hollywood, not West Hollywood. And their chicken tenders are drat tasty.

drat good cocks

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby
They call the hot sauce "Wang Sauce" too. I like to think they're trolling the homophobic UFC crowd that piles in on fight nights.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's only trolling if mayonnaise is an option for dipping sauce.

Otherwise it's just a funny coincidence!

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby
What do you think this is, Canadia? We bust some ranch all over the place. Oddly enough they do serve poutine. Maybe it's a front for the Maple Syrup Mafia

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Buane posted:

I'm not sure I really want my name on the cup if I'm a self-respecting professional hockey player who sits on a team's bench for 1 or 2 games in June.

I think that this hypothetical player would be okay with it. in fact, im pretty sure if there were a guy on the rangers who never dressed or played, but was just responsible for tonguing hank's rear end in a top hat clean after every poo poo he took and during particularly sweaty intermissions, he would be overwhelmingly happy to have ”The Human Toilet Paper, John Moore” engraved in size 2000 font on the cup

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIRE IN ME

Aye Doc posted:

I think that this hypothetical player would be okay with it. in fact, im pretty sure if there were a guy on the rangers who never dressed or played, but was just responsible for tonguing hank's rear end in a top hat clean after every poo poo he took and during particularly sweaty intermissions, he would be overwhelmingly happy to have ”The Human Toilet Paper, John Moore” engraved in size 2000 font on the cup

You mean Justin Falk

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Last chance for y'all to get into the pick em thread. You have till the first goal.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3625761&pagenumber=12#lastpost

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Random question but if a Canadian team were to end up winning the Stanley Cup or say the NBA title do they still get invited to the white house?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

soggybagel posted:

Random question but if a Canadian team were to end up winning the Stanley Cup or say the NBA title do they still get invited to the white house?

No, they get invited to the whatever they call it in Canada.

Parliament I guess.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

No, they get invited to the whatever they call it in Canada.

Parliament I guess.

24 Sussex, Parliament Hill, Harper's House of Horrors. Take your pick.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

soggybagel posted:

We have a really long time to figure this one out

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Kegger @ Rob Ford's house, iirc

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

soggybagel posted:

I honestly think they would rather go see Obama than Harpo.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

soggybagel posted:

The Blue Jays did when they won the World Series in 92 and 93

The Canadiens did not when they won the Stanley Cup in 93

Take that for what you will. I think it's on kind of a "play it by ear" basis.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

soggybagel posted:

We'll probably never know.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Have American hockey champions paid their respects to the PM?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Kings 2-0 when I'm playing :darksouls: during the game.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
dan girardi with the ol Campoli Special there

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.
I've been red xed?!?!?

imbossibru

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Seriously though, the Kings are going to sweep.

Rangers only chance to get back in it will be game 3. Kings are going to brutally stifle NY in game 2.

E: other than the 1st goal giveaway Doughty is playing out of his mind. A better young D than Subban in my mind, without a doubt.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I guess that could be the takeaway if you only watched one period, sure.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Rangers only chance to get back in it will be game 3. Kings are going to brutally stifle NY in game 2.

E: other than the 1st goal giveaway Doughty is playing out of his mind. A better young D than Subban in my mind, without a doubt.

There is no way Lundqvist doesnt steal at least one game for them.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

a false posted:

gently caress DAN GIRARDI

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

a false posted:

Gotta feel bad for him, I'm sure he had a moment of "oh bloody hell what the gently caress do I do now?" And then promptly did what he's been programmed to do, and it all went to poo poo.

I guess chip it behind the net and hope reinforcements can do something? He did have some help looping back into the zone. I guess I don't know what the NHL player's view of putting the puck into an area like that with absolutely no support, but giving to an opponent standing on the blue line was never going to work out well.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
I'd feel bad for him if it were the first time he did that exact same thing in the game.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
I'M A TURTLE AND I'M SURFING, THAT'S CRAZY!
He had no support and tried to make an extra move. He should have just tried to clear it high off the glass right away instead of trying to stick handle and falling.

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
"Giradi" is now trending in NY. :lol:

edit: ah, they fixed it

Laderhan fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 5, 2014

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Los Angeles/New York Game 1

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

So.. Did you just not watch the game or only watch the third period. The rangers played a drat good game even though the offense turned into poo poo in the third. If it's not for Girardi being an idiot with the puck the Rangers could have just as easily won that game.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby
That game could have gone either way. If every game is like that I'm going to be happy, until I die of cardiac arrest.

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

I too wish to someday compete for the Horizontal Cup In The Sky

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Laderhan posted:

"Giradi" is now trending in NY. :lol:

edit: ah, they fixed it

to be fair that's exactly how a majority of ranger fans pronounce his name anyway

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

The Casualty posted:

I live about a mile from there, their wings are garbage, go to Ye Rustic Inn on Hillhurst. Best drat wings anywhere and they play the game audio throughout the whole bar.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
At least Zuccarello still owns

Steve Serby and Mats Zuccarello posted:

Q: How many times in your life growing up have you been told youre too small?

A: How much time do you have here (laugh)?

Q: Well, how did you feel about that?

A: I would say its just like nice for me and my family whove been told this since I was 10, and its nice to see that [it] doesnt matter [your] size, its hard work and dedication. Like I said in the Norwegian media, none of those guys who told me that I was too little are sitting here in this locker room today, so thats pretty special. Everyone can achieve everything if they want to.

Q: Compared to Marty St. Louis, youre a giant.

A: Yup, I am. You said it right (laugh).

Q: Do you tease him about that?

A: Yeah, it was a funny story, I was talking to his wife in the green room, I met her for the first time [after Game 6 against Montreal] and Marty comes in and joking said, Are you hitting on my wife? and I said, No, Im too tall for her.
http://nypost.com/2014/06/03/serby-qa-with-mats-zuccarello/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby

MaoistBanker posted:

I live about a mile from there, their wings are garbage, go to Ye Rustic Inn on Hillhurst. Best drat wings anywhere and they play the game audio throughout the whole bar.

You're thinking of the wrong Big Wangs. That's the original, and it looks like a crusty dive bar inside. The one I go to is in Noho; it's much newer, has like 75 TVs, pipes in the game audio loud and clear, and IMO has a better staff.

I used to go to a place called Champs because I live close by it (As seen on Bar Rescue!). It still kinda sucks. Really though, my favorite sports bar ever is this place owned by former pitcher Jeff Suppan.

• Locked thread