Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

They will tell stories about what we do here! Show some gusto if you want to go in. Strut in there half naked, swinging one of the prisoners like a club, and demand the king withdraws his army or he will suffer a calamity.

Sounds good. Plan Fatal Turkey Hoagie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
Changing my vote to Plan Tomn Let the prisoners tell the king and worry the camp.

Imperialist Dog fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 7, 2014

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

That isn't fulfilling our pledge. Don't try to bend the rules a Melachim placed on us. It hasn't worked well for us in the past. :colbert:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Enkidel would never live down the shame of sending a bunch of peasant conscripts in his place, much less whatever reaction the melachim would have.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Woah, hey, my plan is absolutely not to let the prisoners tell the king for us. My plan is to let the prisoners spread fear around the camp to back us up while we talk to the king himself, as a way of making use of the prisoners while getting rid of them at the same time in a more or less merciful manner. Still gotta man up and talk to the king personally. The plan is purely a matter of "What do we do with the prisoners?"

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I'd support that plan if it had us also intimidating them into confessing at the Tadmor temple afterwards. They probably think we can talk to melachim at this point, they wouldn't dare go back on their word if we swore them to it.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Diogines posted:

We don't usually allow time-buggery in votes, but if you want to have done something to prepare, i.e. talk to the captives, or do something with them and having done it after you left, but before you got here, that is an option.

I've been meaning to put this out here, but I want to pray to El between the time we leave and before we approach for the strength to carry out his will, knowing we may be leading ourselves into certain death..

As for our message to the king, I think short and sweet is the point of the matter, but we could preface it with "I come here, O king, knowing I walk into certain death by your hands, but know that my trek to Mt. Har is unhindered, unlike yours and your seed. Heed these words, they come from my mouth but were issued by El:

The men of Harmath have feuded with the men of Tadmor for generations. Tadmor is besieged and will not survive the coming battle. Now the men of Harmath, on the eve of their triumph have slaughtered El's favored creation wantonly and desecrated His shrine. This is why I walked willingly to your seige camp, King Zoah. For this desecration, your victory is forfeit. You and your allies will break your siege, gather their armies and return to your homes. If you do not do this by the setting of the sun upon them hence, great calamity shall befall upon you."

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Tomn posted:

We need to act like it is unthinkable that our words can be dismissed as anything less than the whole and absolute truth, and that to strike at us is to strike at El. Not only will this better ensure that our message is heard and understood, it will protect us more than any attempt to plead mercy, which will only be interpreted as weakness and a sign that we lack the divine backing we claim to have. In this situation, calm in the face of death will serve better than prudence, if anything can serve at all.

I'm all for this. Our abilities seem to operate on faith, even unconscious things like making Snarls more than a dog.

In fact, I know it is unthinkable for Zobah to disbelieve or strike us. We're sent by El, after all.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I've been meaning to put this out here, but I want to pray to El between the time we leave and before we approach for the strength to carry out his will, knowing we may be leading ourselves into certain death..

Voting for this.

A Terrible Person fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jun 7, 2014

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

One nice thing about going in alone is if poo poo hits the fan, it'd be way less catastrophic to overdo it and lose all reason.

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

Question: How scary/impressive are we to the prisoners? Is our victory seen as, "That guy must have had divine intervention!" or is it closer to "That guy is really blooded"?

On earth, it'd be unheard of for 30 dudes win a victory like that without casualties. In that case, the witnesses would make it more credible that we had divine backing.

But, I kind of suspect that, here, it's just sort of expected that a really-blooded dude will flatten any number of farmers. So, the witnesses don't do much besides adding a risk if we bring them in the camp.

Unless they're super-impressed, I'd suggest that we just turn them over. Or, we could say that we need to speak to the King about events that happened in the town, and would like to give him prisoners in exchange for save-passage in and out. (And then turn them over)

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

HiHo ChiRho posted:

As for our message to the king, I think short and sweet is the point of the matter, but we could preface it with "I come here, O king, knowing I walk into certain death by your hands, but know that my trek to Mt. Har is unhindered, unlike yours and your seed. Heed these words, they come from my mouth but were issued by El:

The men of Harmath have feuded with the men of Tadmor for generations. Tadmor is besieged and will not survive the coming battle. Now the men of Harmath, on the eve of their triumph have slaughtered El's favored creation wantonly and desecrated His shrine. This is why I walked willingly to your seige camp, King Zoah. For this desecration, your victory is forfeit. You and your allies will break your siege, gather their armies and return to your homes. If you do not do this by the setting of the sun upon them hence, great calamity shall befall upon you."

This sounds good.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Slaan posted:

Sounds good. Plan Fatal Turkey Hoagie

This, but naked and dual wielding a prisoner and a raging hard on.

This pilgrimage has been the best. We came tantalizingly close to insulting a king who flat out said he'd kill Og, some people really wanted to go sightseeing in the middle of a battle while outnumbered 7-1, and now we're taking 30 hostile POWs to their thousands of buddies and really hoping they don't tell those friends that the brown dude is a cannibal.

Also, the king is going to squish Og like a grape because people really wanted to cast cure PTSD on some extremely minor NPC.

We need to embrace Asherah before it's too late.

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Boo to votes to leave our friends outside of the camp. We already voted to bring them. Well, I originally voted to go alone, but in this CYOA democracy, there are no take-back votes.

If you really want to avoid harm, just send the prisoners with the message, then let's get the gently caress outta here.

I'd suggest something in the spirit of the initial vote:

Keep Uriah with us. If I remember correctly, he's blooded enough that he'll stand out. And it'd be good for us to have a blooded, native retainer.

Meanwhile, send Jobe to talk to the camp's priests. He can take Snarls and Danal as a bodyguard. Maybe he'll make headway with the priests. More importantly, it's a way to get him into the camp and separated from us. Then, when something goes horribly wrong, we can call for their help via Snarls and they can get us unshackled/whatever.

---

And the question about 'divine or just blooded?' made me realize we've got a huge tactical advantage that we haven't considered. The king doesn't know how strong we are. He'll have to guess based on height. And we're massive.

This matters because it gives him a strong disincentive to pick a fight. We know he'd win. But for all he knows, we're on par with Tudiya. And Tudiya could probably level this city's army. Their guard-captain is just 7'3". That's like a good-sized farmer in Zepath.

Snarls might be able to help with making us seem blooded, too. We know we can't read minds. But they don't know that. We could fake it using information from out hyper-intelligent, telepathic spy-dog.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Bularin posted:

This, but naked and dual wielding a prisoner and a raging hard on.

This pilgrimage has been the best. We came tantalizingly close to insulting a king who flat out said he'd kill Og, some people really wanted to go sightseeing in the middle of a battle while outnumbered 7-1, and now we're taking 30 hostile POWs to their thousands of buddies and really hoping they don't tell those friends that the brown dude is a cannibal.

Also, the king is going to squish Og like a grape because people really wanted to cast cure PTSD on some extremely minor NPC.

We need to embrace Asherah before it's too late.

Do you think we can eat the entire enemy army? I bet we can. One bite at a time.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

hollylolly posted:

Do you think we can eat the entire enemy army? I bet we can. One bite at a time.

Cut out the middle man and just eat their souls as they die.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

falcon2424 posted:

On earth, it'd be unheard of for 30 dudes win a victory like that without casualties. In that case, the witnesses would make it more credible that we had divine backing.

Eh, not necessarily. On Earth, a well-trained, well-equipped, well-organized force with a distinct morale advantage could probably pull off a similar feat against a larger but qualitatively worse force, especially if making use of surprise and shock. Since the soldiers at the village were chaff fit only for raiding undefended villages or making up numbers in a battle line, the king probably isn't going to be too surprised to hear that they got their rear end handed to them by a smaller but more professional force. The surprising bit is more "Where the hell did they come from?"

Also, as you note (and a good point it is), we're huge. He might very well think us capable of taking out Saul's force alone, no help required. Again, the main question in his mind would be "Where did they come from and why are they loving with me?"

Though, now that I think about it, I kinda wish we did come alone if only for the following conversation:

"You...you say you killed my son? And the soldiers with him? Did you do this alone?"

"No. My Balls helped."

*Cue diplomatic incident*

Tomn fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jun 7, 2014

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

Yo dawg, do you know what time it is?

It's time I put out my next survey.

So click that junk and make some :words:

Remember that time I said I'd analyze people's vote history and see what can be seen?
Yeah I'm still gonna do that.
Not everyone though.
I'd go crazy if I tried that.

So, yeah.
Do that thing.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Tomn posted:

So why bring us in? A few possibilities spring to mind:

You need to be a certain level of blooded to see them. And most kings can't?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
You guys are babies all day long. Just go in there, tell him the message, and if he tries to mess with us we use some [???] and pound him hard. Guess this is the price you pay for praying that El saves some handichap.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Tsyni posted:

You guys are babies all day long. Just go in there, tell him the message, and if he tries to mess with us we use some [???] and pound him hard. Guess this is the price you pay for praying that El saves some handichap.

I agree, but I want to leave our buddies outside. Outside something. Tent, camp.. whatevs.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

DCBomB posted:

Yo dawg, do you know what time it is?

It's time I put out my next survey.

So click that junk and make some :words:

Remember that time I said I'd analyze people's vote history and see what can be seen?
Yeah I'm still gonna do that.
Not everyone though.
I'd go crazy if I tried that.

So, yeah.
Do that thing.

Apologies in case I submitted that more than once. I was doing it on my phone, and my signal has been bouncing in and out.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Tsyni posted:

An excellent plan! But your forgot the parts about doing this naked with a raging hard on, swinging our prisoners around like maces and javelins, while screaming CHAWARMA.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
If only we could mysteriously disappear after turning a corner, then we could trick him into thinking Enkidel is a Melachim. He's never attack us then!

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

UppaTree posted:

Also, question for the captives while we're on the road.

I know that the villagers were not telling me the whole truth about the battle. Would you like to tell me how the Shrine of El came to be burned?

Ask this in a tone that implies we already *know* the truth, but it would be a good idea to come clean willingly.

We look King-level Blooded, and it is known that people of our stature can read minds, so they will not lie to us.

Did we do this? We oughta do this!

And yeah, leave most of our boys here, a ways away from the camp, but still close enough that a Blooded man's eyesight can see us. We tower over even the tallest of these mooks, and we're black, so it shouldn't be hard for Uriah to keep an eye on us if we really need the cavalry.

Go in with Jobe alone.

If it didn't feel so wrong, I'd have Uriah deliver the message, and cover him from here with our mad bow skillz, but that's just not how we roll.

P.S: didja miss the part where this guy has SEVERAL Kings on his side, in his camp, right now? Yeah, if he decides we need killin', we're going to get a Bareen beatdown no matter how much backup we've got.

UppaTree fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jun 7, 2014

Daned
Jan 14, 2008

1. J Its far more believable for the Acolyte to bring the message with us as a giant guardian

2. Free them into the hands of the high priest of EL and tell him what they were part burning a temple to EL

edit: if the king gets murderous, expend all our ??? and let us be the damned calamity promised by the angels.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
If the king gives us a choice of how to die we need to vote for death by holding our breath.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Voting is closed. Is anyone man enough to count this ridiculous monster of a vote?

Here is the last one, but it is not up to date:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjGhkGMc8GAwdGVvSFE4RWxsQTJWaVdxX1dvczljd2c#gid=0

Diogines fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jun 7, 2014

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Interesting thought: What if the Melachim knowingly put us in this position just to see if we would break down and become the calamity they're forecasting? There's no reason to believe that *all* of them are guiding us in our best interest after all.

Why they might do this? It's probably better for the world if we lose it and turn into a demon-like creature before we're truly an unstoppable force of nature.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

There Bias Two posted:

Why they might do this? It's probably better for the world if we lose it and turn into a demon-like creature before we're truly an unstoppable force of nature.

According to Ishamal, at least, it'd be better for the world if we were dead instead of demonic. He's advised us more than once that if it comes down to a choice between experimenting with powers we don't understand and dying in the face of some great threat, we should choose death. I don't think becoming a hunger monster is in any way a positive outcome for anyone affiliated with El. It's not even the lesser of two evils, since we can always just die. If there are Melachim who are genuinely worried about what we'll become in the future, better to just kill us now...or send us into a suicidal situation. Like telling a king his son is dead and that he must give up his generations-long war on the very moment of his triumph!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tomn posted:

According to Ishamal, at least, it'd be better for the world if we were dead instead of demonic. He's advised us more than once that if it comes down to a choice between experimenting with powers we don't understand and dying in the face of some great threat, we should choose death. I don't think becoming a hunger monster is in any way a positive outcome for anyone affiliated with El. It's not even the lesser of two evils, since we can always just die. If there are Melachim who are genuinely worried about what we'll become in the future, better to just kill us now...or send us into a suicidal situation. Like telling a king his son is dead and that he must give up his generations-long war on the very moment of his triumph!

I'm not saying becoming a hunger monster would be a positive outcome for anyone, just that becoming a hunger monster now *might* be less dangerous or more manageable than becoming a hunger monster in 50 years at the peak of our Might. We don't have any way of knowing if we'd be any more or less dangerous as a monster later in life though. I'm sure they also realize that we would never just let ourselves die even if its the best option for the world at that moment.

gnarl
Jul 28, 2010
Soiled Meat

falcon2424 posted:

I'd suggest something in the spirit of the initial vote:

Keep Uriah with us. If I remember correctly, he's blooded enough that he'll stand out. And it'd be good for us to have a blooded, native retainer.

Meanwhile, send Jobe to talk to the camp's priests. He can take Snarls and Danal as a bodyguard. Maybe he'll make headway with the priests. More importantly, it's a way to get him into the camp and separated from us. Then, when something goes horribly wrong, we can call for their help via Snarls and they can get us unshackled/whatever.

---

And the question about 'divine or just blooded?' made me realize we've got a huge tactical advantage that we haven't considered. The king doesn't know how strong we are. He'll have to guess based on height. And we're massive.

This matters because it gives him a strong disincentive to pick a fight. We know he'd win. But for all he knows, we're on par with Tudiya. And Tudiya could probably level this city's army. Their guard-captain is just 7'3". That's like a good-sized farmer in Zepath.

Snarls might be able to help with making us seem blooded, too. We know we can't read minds. But they don't know that. We could fake it using information from out hyper-intelligent, telepathic spy-dog.

I like this plan. Voting for plan Flacon2424

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Diog are you mending?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I am fine now and we will update, but if anyone will count, it would be a bit help. People changed their votes 2-3 times each this round and some, like 5+ times?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Notes:

Sogol Votes are K, SerSpook L, A Terrible Person R and Hot Dog Day 80 S.

I got a lot on my plate this morning, but this is the link for what people had up to last afternoon. If someone wants to update this, that would help.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I got a lot on my plate this morning, but this is the link for what people had up to last afternoon. If someone wants to update this, that would help.

Double posting for attention.

First, I hate you all.

Second, Count is updated.

Third, Double check on the link that your flipfloppiness is correct. Some switched, most were new bandwagons in addition to other modified plans and oh god it's 11:30 in the morning and you're driving me to drink

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

the_steve posted:

Apologies in case I submitted that more than once. I was doing it on my phone, and my signal has been bouncing in and out.

Only got one. Thanks!

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

HiHo ChiRho posted:

First, I hate you all.

Third, Double check on the link that your flipfloppiness is correct. Some switched, most were new bandwagons in addition to other modified plans and oh god it's 11:30 in the morning and you're driving me to drink

As long as we didn't drive you to HUNGER

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

HiHo ChiRho posted:

First, I hate you all.

You are my hero.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

The captain of the soldiers is about 7'3. You sense a Presence from the man. The quality of his armor indicates he is probably a Mighty Man, if not for Harmath, than for one of it's allies. He looks to the giant dog, the acolyte of El, you and Danal in armor of the finest quality and then looks... up and down at the tallest man he has ever seen. Who is also a different color than everyone else. The captain says in a tone expressing... concern "Who... who are you and what is your business here?"

You say to him "We have been sent by El with a message for your king." You look to your captives and says "These are your countrymen. Go." then motion them. The Captain looks over them briefly and says to the former-captives. "Return to camp, now." The captives don't need to be told twice, they move from behind you and run towards the siege camp. The Captain looks back to you and says to you "Very well. Hand me your spear, your shield and any other weapons."

1. You...
A. Refuse.
B. Refuse and say to him "I am on El's business and only he will take my spear."
C. Refuse and says "By my hand the village of Ashkalon was freed and Prince Saul slain. If you think to claim my spear, come and take it." Look threatening as you say this.
D. Rally your Balls and attack the men in front of you!

E. Agree.

F. Hand your spear, shield and bow to your Balls, who will wait here.

G. Something else. Fill in.

We will probably update again in an hour or two.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Though D is appealing.