Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

SniperWoreConverse posted:

how strange that slenderman was "created" six years, six months, and six days after the death of Frederick "Fred" McFeely Rogers

In a youthful indescresion Freddy Rogers gets drunk and accidentally summons the devil, thinking Ouija boards were fake toys. But when some dude shows up he gets talked into selling his soul in exchange for a cigarette. The next day he was so scared he dedicated his life to righteous living and helping his fellow man. But it wasn't enough. Satan's contract was sealed and Minister Fred Rogers was damned to wander the earth eternally---

MR ROGERS IS SLENDERMAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
The more I see the name, the more it looks like a Jewish surname. Mr. Slenderman. The kindly owner of the delicatessen on the corner, who always says hi to me when I stop in for a pastrami on rye.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

good ol' Murray Slenderman

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

quote:

Deeply disturbing: The woman said her daughter has been struggling with mental problems and had a fascination with demons and death[/url]

I wonder if even daily mail readers will notice they're being told how to feel when looking at that goofy rear end teenage drawing labeled 'deeply disturbing'

quote:

'She even crated[sic] a world for Slender Man in the game MineCraft,' the woman revealed.

I look forward to a new satanic kidcults news media craze

notlupus
May 16, 2008

Dude, I was able to perform an appendectomy at age 14. I think I can handle a couple of shrooms.

Rodatose posted:

I look forward to a new satanic kidcults news media craze

It's like the late 80s and early 90s all over again. :allears:

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

YellerBill posted:

If Slenderman becomes the next Big Deal That Old People Obsess Over I'm gonna laugh so loving hard

Does Slendeman encourage children to play the Knockout game? Find out more at 11.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

gromdul posted:

The more I see the name, the more it looks like a Jewish surname. Mr. Slenderman. The kindly owner of the delicatessen on the corner, who always says hi to me when I stop in for a pastrami on rye.
I've started reading it in my head that way, like with the same emphasis as the word Zimmerman, and it makes reading about these idiot preteens much funnier imo

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

notlupus posted:

Slenderman = Magic: The Gathering

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Hazo posted:

I've started reading it in my head that way, like with the same emphasis as the word Zimmerman, and it makes reading about these idiot preteens much funnier imo

That's how the surname "Batman" is pronounced.

Batman is just as dumb as slenderman so it's relevant.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

gromdul posted:

I'm picturing the old guy on Sesame Street who died that one time.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

gromdul posted:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Republican Vampire posted:

That's how the surname "Batman" is pronounced.

Batman is just as dumb as slenderman so it's relevant.

I dunno at least Batman's mansion is in an exciting big city and not some fuckin' woods in northern Wisconsin

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

tacodaemon posted:

I dunno at least Batman's mansion is in an exciting big city and not some fuckin' woods in northern Wisconsin

Gotham is a crime-ridden, dystopian hell-hole and its biggest claim to fame is a psychotic billionaire playboy who would rather play dress up and beat up the lower class than use his vast wealth to try to fix anything.

The worst that would probably happen at Slendy's mansion would be boredom and some tall dude hangin around bein kinda weird all day.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Pvt.Scott posted:

The worst that would probably happen at Slendy's mansion would be boredom and some tall dude hangin around bein kinda weird all day.

so it would be like living at brian posehn's house if you don't smoke weed

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

gromdul posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtkrf1oKGwI&t=312s

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

tacodaemon posted:

Gotham is basically New York mixed with Chicago for poo poo-rear end motherfuckers.

These girls were some poo poo-rear end motherfuckers.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Gotham is basically New York mixed with Chicago for poo poo-rear end motherfuckers.

These girls were some poo poo-rear end motherfuckers.

Hell, that basically describes Detroit. And that's right next to Wisconsin...

God drat, Slenderman lives in downtown Detroit and goes on road trips. This explains so much

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Also if you wanna lol Coast to Coast AM is about to do an hour on SLENDERMAN and how scary he is with a telepathic lawyer.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

frajaq posted:

hopefully Fox News can use Lowtax's interview now

they won't.

the goons INSULTED THEM. :11tea:

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

Also if you wanna lol Coast to Coast AM is about to do an hour on SLENDERMAN and how scary he is with a telepathic lawyer.

a nerd just called in and pointed out to n00bz that 'creepypasta' is pronounced "creepy-PASTE-uh because it comes from copy-paste" and i cringed a little irl.

now the host is pronouncing it creepy-paste-uh.

for the record i have never said the words 'copypasta' or 'creepypasta' out loud but they will always sound in my head more like the italian noodles than the word processing function.

kindermord fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jun 9, 2014

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

lol

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

kindermord posted:

a nerd just called in and pointed out to n00bz that 'creepypasta' is pronounced "creepy-PASTE-uh because it comes from copy-paste" and i cringed a little irl.

for the record i have never said the word 'creepypasta' out loud but it will always sound in my head more like the italian noodles than the word processing function.

nerds are the worst. if you're going to touch the poo poo, at least do something loving funny.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

notlupus posted:

My rear end stinks like poo poo.

usbombshell
Oct 29, 2004

Boom!
Some white supremacists (?) shot some cops in Vegas. Why I am mentioning this?

quote:

Krista Koch, who lives near the apartment that was searched, told Action News the apartment was occupied by the couple who is accused of shooting two Las Vegas police officers and another person on Sunday morning.

According to Koch, the couple would often talk about killing police officers and were very anti-government.

The neighbor also told Action News the man would often dress up as the "Joker" and "Slender Man" and the woman would dress up as "Harley Quinn."

http://www.jrn.com/ktnv/news/Las-Vegas-police-serve-search-warrant-near-Bruce-and-Fremont-streets-262330321.html

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

slenderman shooting cops and being lovey-dovey with harley quinn is even less canonical than him living in wisconsin

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm a little disturbed young teen boys aren't stabbing people in the name of Slenderman.

Truly, the patriarchy crumbles around us.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

kindermord posted:

for the record i have never said the words 'copypasta' or 'creepypasta' out loud but they will always sound in my head more like the italian noodles than the word processing function.

Goddamnit, I didn't want to have to become a subscriber again, I feel like I need to hear this.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

redshirt posted:

I'm a little disturbed young teen boys aren't stabbing people in the name of Slenderman.

slenderman is more of a female oriented father figure, for example i could never imagine going fishing or learning to shave with him

also, get ready for S.A.R.E. interventions, S.A.R.E officers and zero tolerance zones for dark suits, gonna be awesome watching the insanity safely from across the pond :dance:

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

I was just going to post this. This Slenderman crime wave is really getting out of hand.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

sleepingbuddha posted:

I was just going to post this. This Slenderman crime wave is really getting out of hand.

2 attempted murders, then a murder-suicide in a Wal-mart. Ol' Slendy is upping his game :ohdear:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ban 12 year old girls.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

redshirt posted:

Ban 12 year old girls.

this is quite easy, just make every kid repeat year 11.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

redshirt posted:

the adolescent boy murder m.o. is the mass public shooting whereas girls murder as some kind of bizarre multi-girl conspiracy to lure someone somewhere and stab/bludgeon them to death. that "I don't like mondays" girl from the 70s is the only exception I can think of

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

tacodaemon posted:

the adolescent boy murder m.o. is the mass public shooting whereas girls murder as some kind of bizarre multi-girl conspiracy to lure someone somewhere and stab/bludgeon them to death. that "I don't like mondays" girl from the 70s is the only exception I can think of

I'm gonna write a song about the slenderman incident and call it "I don't like reddit".

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Haha I just saw that and was going to post something. Prediction: Goons will be responsible for every mass shooting from here on out, and it will be retroactively proved that goons were responsible for all the ones that happened in the past.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

tacodaemon posted:

:biotruths: society values individual heroism in men and cooperation and teamwork in women.

That's my hypothesis anyway.

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

gromdul posted:

Jewish surname.

Slenderman is finally scary

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

A misanthrope posted:

Haha I just saw that and was going to post something. Prediction: Goons will be responsible for every mass shooting from here on out, and it will be retroactively proved that goons were responsible for all the ones that happened in the past.

Good thing the murder forum is not publicly accessible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Good thing the murder forum is not publicly accessible

Shhhhh! Ixnay on the urder orumfay

• Locked thread