Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

DBZFIGHTERS posted:

Jesus, Everth Cabrera gets a single literally right after I dropped him.

How is this possible.

Because even he has to mix a 1/5 day into all the 0fers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Jay Bruce is starting to piss me off. The one day, THE ONE DAY where I say ok I'll bench my stud he hits a loving dinger.

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

Dee Gordon is back to being Dee Gordon. It was fun while it lasted.

In his defense, he's hurt but he won't get it back even when healthy.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I witnessed a few pretty gross trades involving him during Mr. Dee's wild ride.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Doltos posted:

I'll bench my stud

Dolt

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
is Andrew Heaney worth a stash in a 12-team mixed keeper league? The tea leaves seem to say he'll be called up early next week for the Marlins and he's been absolutely abusing AAA hitting.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It sure sounds like it.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

It is time to give some love to Todd Frazier. I got him for $1 in one goon league and off waivers in another and all he's done is hit .272/.348/.511. He ranks second among 3B in HR with 14, 4th in runs scored, 8th in RBI, and is tied for the lead in steals (with just 6, but still).

DBZFIGHTERS
May 23, 2008

The Piper posted:

is Andrew Heaney worth a stash in a 12-team mixed keeper league? The tea leaves seem to say he'll be called up early next week for the Marlins and he's been absolutely abusing AAA hitting.

Heaney should not be available in any league with more than 10-teams. Pick him up.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Doltos posted:

Jay Bruce is starting to piss me off. The one day, THE ONE DAY where I say ok I'll bench my stud he hits a loving dinger.

Any particular reason you benched him? He's been ok since coming off the DL. Nothing great, but not bad.

11/43 6 2 7 2 .256 .327 .465 .792

The Pussy Boss posted:

It is time to give some love to Todd Frazier. I got him for $1 in one goon league and off waivers in another and all he's done is hit .272/.348/.511. He ranks second among 3B in HR with 14, 4th in runs scored, 8th in RBI, and is tied for the lead in steals (with just 6, but still).

I've been pretty happy with him as well. Another dinger today! :3:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
In a vacuum: Charlie Blackmon or Matt Latos? I was offered his Blackmon for my Latos and my gut immediately said "reject", but then I started researching Charlie Blackmon and now I'm not really sure what I think about him. I tend to avoid people I had never heard of who have ridiculous months (like Collabello or Bonafacio), but Blackmon actually seems like he might good so I wanted a second opinion.

FantasyPros Expert Consensus (which I like to use to make sure my trades are ballpark fair/in my favor) has Blackmon at 106 and Latos at 111, which super surprises me.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Any particular reason you benched him? He's been ok since coming off the DL. Nothing great, but not bad.

11/43 6 2 7 2 .256 .327 .465 .792

The short answer is I'm a stupid moron but the long answer is I had a real good feeling for the matchups for Willingham, Brantley, and Polanco yesterday. I actually benched him for Willingham which worked out but was stupid in hindsight.

RaoulDuke12
Nov 9, 2004

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but to those who see it coming and jump aside.

Murmur Twin posted:

In a vacuum: Charlie Blackmon or Matt Latos? I was offered his Blackmon for my Latos and my gut immediately said "reject", but then I started researching Charlie Blackmon and now I'm not really sure what I think about him. I tend to avoid people I had never heard of who have ridiculous months (like Collabello or Bonafacio), but Blackmon actually seems like he might good so I wanted a second opinion.

FantasyPros Expert Consensus (which I like to use to make sure my trades are ballpark fair/in my favor) has Blackmon at 106 and Latos at 111, which super surprises me.

Blackmon has regressed quite a bit over the past month, he's hitting around 200, but he's still putting up numbers and his hits are productive. 13 RBIs in 19 hits.

Latos is a wild card because you don't know how he's going to do coming off the DL. His rehab game looked good but you never know.

It's hard to say "in a vacuum" when you're trading hitting for pitching. Which do you need more?

edit: of course the second I say that, Blackmon hits another jack...

RaoulDuke12 fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jun 12, 2014

DeltaAttack2go
Feb 6, 2003

what the christ

The Pussy Boss posted:

He's been a pleasant surprise. I picked him and Juan Francisco up off waivers to fill in for Sandoval. Panda's been living on my bench most of the year.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Frazier will probably go o for August to make up for this hot streak.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
I dropped Bonifacio for Singleton the other day.
I dropped Trevor Plouffe for Andrew Heaney just now. I chose Plouffe as a throw-in to a trade instead of Frieri and regretted it the next day.
I've almost given up on Aoki, too.

God I hate dropping guys who were good but aren't now. 'Cause I know someone else is going to pick them up and they'll be good again. I JUST KNOW IT.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DannoMack posted:

God I hate dropping guys who were good but aren't now. 'Cause I know someone else is going to pick them up and they'll be good again. I JUST KNOW IT.

I bet for every single one of these you name we can come up with two counter examples.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Heaney scratched from his start tonight...

:siren:

RaoulDuke12
Nov 9, 2004

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but to those who see it coming and jump aside.

euphronius posted:

Frazier will probably go o for August to make up for this hot streak.

I feel like once the "hot streak" exceeds 3 months it needs a different name. like "good first half" maybe.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DannoMack posted:

I dropped Bonifacio for Singleton the other day.
I dropped Trevor Plouffe for Andrew Heaney just now. I chose Plouffe as a throw-in to a trade instead of Frieri and regretted it the next day.
I've almost given up on Aoki, too.

dropping bonifacio for singleton was smart. bonifacio is so flavor of the month with his bullshit streaks it's amazing.

markerstore
Dec 5, 2003
Canny!

MinibarMatchman posted:

even though I already have seager, sandoval, and chisenhall, still dumped arcia for brock "steve" holt because I ain't gonna lose out on another Dickerson/Santana monster sitting on the waivers, plus he's getting OF availability soon. Look into this beast if you haven't already.

I hope this is a fakepost because Holt will be in Pawtucket in a week.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

markerstore posted:

I hope this is a fakepost because Holt will be in Pawtucket in a week.

yeah I'm sure the team will drop the hottest hitting guy in the lineup right now for will middlebrooks, stephen drew, or grady sizemore

DeltaAttack2go
Feb 6, 2003

what the christ
Holt is having a hell of a streak but that BABIP. Riding streaks is cool and all, but luck does not a monster make.

Jdubs
May 1, 2007

Scrapez posted:

Dee Gordon is back to being Dee Gordon. It was fun while it lasted.

In his defense, he's hurt but he won't get it back even when healthy.

Just traded him to the team in cellar for Chris Archer :getin:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
This fantastic team has 3RBIs this week. :smith:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Trading Verlander for Fister makes me happier and happier

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Going into the season, boy was I thinking that my Braun/Choo/Werth/Hamilton/Polanco outfield was going to rake.

save me gregory :(

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Why is Yahoo showing Jose Abreu on the DL again? :ohdear:

e: and it's showing Stroman and Singleton as NA and Cliff Lee not on the DL, have I gone back in time?

e2: OK it's fixed, that was weird. Carry on

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jun 13, 2014

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Chris Sale ruined my ERA last night. It's at 0.25 now instead of 0.00.

e: 1ER in 35.1 innings.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
I hope I can hold out for a win this week, because next week I'm going to get a 2-start week from 6 of my 8 starting pitchers :getin:.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
This is such a weird feeling. I'm in first place by 9.5 games with no real strong weakness on my team. Pretty much all of my guys, both pitchers and batters, are players I like and want to root for, in general. And yet I just can't stop thinking about what trades I could make to make my team even better.

In completely unrelated news, I just wanted to run another "this guy's completely droppable, now, right?" by y'all. Jonathan Villar. I've pretty much been punting stolen bases all season anyway and this seems like the only area he has any perceived value. He's been riding the pine for me most of the year, but I thought maybe I could trade him to somebody with a speed team if he rattled off a hot streak. Even in the Astros improving offense, I feel like he's replacement level and should be the first guy off my team if there's somebody I want to take a flyer on. Everybody agree with this?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I dropped Villar a month ago in my 14 team league and nobody's touched him. I think you're safe there.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

ZenVulgarity posted:

Trading Verlander for Fister makes me happier and happier

That's some balls. Did you try for anything better than Fister and just no takers?

DBZFIGHTERS
May 23, 2008
Traded Devin Mesoraco for Tyler Clippard.

Value wise, it might seem like I got ripped off.

But my bats are waking up and Devin is slumping hard, so I would have benched him most of the time anyway (I am starting Lucroy).

I am leading in Holds, but the #2 guy is catching up fast with Clippard, so this trade effectively crippled his main source of holds.

Pretty happy I got this trade through.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
if you're in a holds league, you want to pick up Shae Simmons if he's available:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.cgi?id=simmosh01&t=p&year=

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Is there any reason to think Jesus Montero might have some use in a deep league?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

That's some balls. Did you try for anything better than Fister and just no takers?

I would gladly trade my Verlander for Fister...

I dunno what to do with Verlander at this point. His numbers are so bad that he looks almost droppable, but I can't bring myself to do that. And I really doubt I could get anything of value in a trade.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I would gladly trade my Verlander for Fister...

I dunno what to do with Verlander at this point. His numbers are so bad that he looks almost droppable, but I can't bring myself to do that. And I really doubt I could get anything of value in a trade.

Well now you would. But I'm assuming he did that earlier in the season, before we had a larger sample size of Verlander struggling.

e: Ah, trading keeper rounds make more sense.
vvvv

SouthShoreSamurai fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 14, 2014

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Also got ellsbury for agon

Fister 15th round
Ellsbury 7th round

Verlander 2nd
Agon 4th

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

coronaball posted:

Is there any reason to think Jesus Montero might have some use in a deep league?

Maybe if you have like 5 NA slots or a farm system. I wouldn't waste a bench slot on him. He raked in the minors before his callup, but has been well below average since joining the Mariners. I haven't even heard talk of bringing him back up.

• Locked thread