Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite Shane Douglas Promotion
This poll is closed.
XPW 11 18.97%
Hardcore Homecoming 1 1.72%
Extreme Reunion/Rising 2 3.45%
This New One (because it won't happen) 44 75.86%
Total: 58 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I've seen pictures from other angles, and now I'm honestly not sure if that's a bald cap or he's actually shaved his head.

(e): Wait, no, bald cap.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jun 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

It was a bald cap. I could very easily have picked up that bane mask it just lay on the floor by us all match.

Great show. Zack sabre vs Shinsuke was awesome, the swords of Essex match was really good, and Devitt cole was great with the bullet club +steen reunion at the end.

One of the best moments for me though was when they announced motherfucking Okada for the York hall show in October

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Duncan Sperguson posted:

Okada for the York hall show in October

AUGhhgj

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Duncan Sperguson posted:

It was a bald cap. I could very easily have picked up that bane mask it just lay on the floor by us all match.

Great show. Zack sabre vs Shinsuke was awesome, the swords of Essex match was really good, and Devitt cole was great with the bullet club +steen reunion at the end.

One of the best moments for me though was when they announced motherfucking Okada for the York hall show in October

gently caress can I justify going to London 3 times in 2 months?

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

njsykora posted:

gently caress can I justify going to London 3 times in 2 months?

Rainmaker is always a justification.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Genuinely kinda tempted to come down all the way from Glasgow for Rainmakaaaaah.

Volcano Style
May 2, 2006

THERE IS ONLY ONE
If today has taught me anything, it's that Nakamura being twitchy as gently caress is not a gimmick.

Also, during the meet and greet, my Japanese friend overheard Fale saying 'Devitt sure is popular here, isn't he?' to one of Nakamura's translators in Japanese. Seconds afterwards, my friend tells him hello and it's a pleasure to meet him, and Fale immediately replies 'I don't speak Japanese.' I burst out laughing and made Fale laugh too. Best meet and greet.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah tonight was great. Think I preferred the last event because I had better seats and it was a Saturday, but top notch.

Tickets for Okada on 18th October (I think) go on sale tomorrow at 1pm EST/6pm Brit time, I think well be buying 10 front rows.

Too Cool reunion!

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

EL BROMANCE posted:

Tickets for Okada on 18th October (I think) go on sale tomorrow at 1pm EST/6pm Brit time, I think well be buying 10 front rows.

Are all the tickets you're going to buy spoken for? I'd like to go to the next one but can't afford to spend on it right now (especially after taking the hit for the tickets I bought for this show), and it's too early to think about booking travel or anything. If you have any spare of the ones you're going to buy I'd like to reserve one if that's cool.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I've seen pictures from other angles, and now I'm honestly not sure if that's a bald cap or he's actually shaved his head.

(e): Wait, no, bald cap.

gently caress, I wish we could've seen this in NJPW :cry:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Sweet mother of God Devitt's entrance: http://instagram.com/p/pS9k2JOV8q/

Then his departure:
http://instagram.com/p/pS-SHdOV9N/

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Does Revpro do DVDs of their shows?

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

Bard Maddox posted:

Does Revpro do DVDs of their shows?
yee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2nBEj2kGLc

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

masato tatanka posted:

Are all the tickets you're going to buy spoken for? I'd like to go to the next one but can't afford to spend on it right now (especially after taking the hit for the tickets I bought for this show), and it's too early to think about booking travel or anything. If you have any spare of the ones you're going to buy I'd like to reserve one if that's cool.

Sorry man, I had a similar message in PM and just presumed it was the same guy. In the end we plumped for 7 tickets, 2nd row (£40) as it was £10 cheaper a ticket and just as good a view. 6 are spoken for, we bought one as a spare because I'm sure at short notice we weren't able to include everyone, but I've said if we don't find someone who wants it in around 10 days (when the payment goes through), then it'll be up for sale. I'll let you know if this is the case.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

ISW returns to Danbury on Saturday October 25th. Mark your calendars and make a note to get a cold grinder like a civilized person.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

ISW returns to Danbury on Saturday October 25th. Mark your calendars and make a note to get a cold grinder like a civilized person.

Can't wait for UFC to announce Big Rigg vs Lawler/Brown for that night.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Curt Hawkins will face AR Fox this Sunday in Providence. Chris Hero doesn't have a match announced. It should be a rematch with JT Dunn but might be a tag.

quote:

Brian Cage vs. Chris Dickinson

Officer Colt Cabana & Supercop Dick Justice vs. Team TREMENDOUS (Dan Barry & Bill Carr)

Fans Bring The Weapons: Biff Busick vs. Matt Tremont

Anthony Stone vs. Dave Cole

SEX+CANDY (Sugar D & Pinkie Sanchez) vs. The Contingent (Nicholas Kaye & Myke Quest)

Ryan Rush, Francis Kip Stevens, Milk Chocolate (Brandon Watts & Randy Summers) vs. Stockade, Blake Morris, Rex Lawless, Jesse Vane
I'm indifferent unless they confirm the rematch. Americanrana should be a stronger card next month. Bucks vs. Juicy Product and Elgin vs. Dickinson are already announced.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Cool. I might have to buy the DVD and ship it to someone in the UK so they can upload it. I really want to see Devitt vs. Cole.

Also Smash Wrestling an indie in Canada put up their most recent show for free and it's really good. It has two standout matches in Elgin vs. ACH and Kyle O'Reilly vs. Josh Alexander. The Super Smash Bros are also in a tag tables match which is good and also Chris Hero is on the card. Really fun show and you should check it out if you have the time.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm gonna go to IWA-MS's King of the Deathmatches and tick off a bucketlist item.

KING OF THE DEATHMATCHES ROUND 1!

*Hot Coals, Panes of Glass*
Mitch Page VS Suicide Kid Jacob Boyer
*Fans Bring the Weapons*
MASADA VS Freakshow
*Barefoot BLT Match- Bulbs, Legos, Tacks*
Christian Skyfire VS Josh Crane
*You've Got Nailed!- Bed of Nails, Boards of Nails on Ropes*
John Wayne Murdoch VS Bull Bronson
*World Series of Glass- Best 7 Log Cabins of Glass*
Matt Tremont VS Jesse Amato
*Death From Above- Scaffolds, Ladders, Barbwire Tables, Barbwire Nets*
Devon Moore VS Ron Mathis

QUEEN OF THE DEATHMATCHES ROUND 1!

*BAREFOOT FOUR CORNERS OF PAIN-TACKS, TUBES, MOUSTRAPS, RUBBING ALCOHOL*
The Walking Episode of Cops, Mickie Knuckles VS The Cemetery Baby Kiki Rose!
*TLC- TACKS, LADDERS, AND CANES*
The Punk Rock Ragdoll Heidi Lovelace VS Hudson Envy!
*HARDCORE BONDAGE DEATHMATCH- BARBED WIRE DOG COLLAR CAT OF NINETAILS ON A POLE*
Ludark Shaitan VS Thunderkitty!
*YOUR rear end IS GLASS DEATHMATCH- PANES OF GLASS, BUNDLES OF TUBES, PITS OF GLASS*
Randi West VS Rebecca Pain!

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
BLT match - why not include upturned plugs?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I've heard of like three of the male wrestlers in that.

I wonder if Jesse Amato's related to SDR?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Thauros posted:

I've heard of like three of the male wrestlers in that.

I wonder if Jesse Amato's related to SDR?

I'm more interested in the Queens show honestly. But its like $25 and held in a strip club so I'll probably stay for the men's show anyway.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

coconono posted:

I'm gonna go to IWA-MS's King of the Deathmatches and tick off a bucketlist item.

*HARDCORE BONDAGE DEATHMATCH- BARBED WIRE DOG COLLAR CAT OF NINETAILS ON A POLE*
Ludark Shaitan VS Thunderkitty!

this is like the grossest thing i've ever read

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Please tell me it's taking place in a bowling alley parking lot again.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cromulent posted:

Please tell me it's taking place in a bowling alley parking lot again.

Rustic Frog Gentleman's Club.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I went to see Mad Man Pondo's Masters of Pain tournament, you've gotta go to at least one garbage deathmatch wrestling show in your life, they're amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwJvCjV-3kg

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

While we're talking deathmatches, CZW's Tournament of Death was last Friday and featured a Fans Bring The Dildos Match

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

oatgan posted:

While we're talking deathmatches, CZW's Tournament of Death was last Friday and featured a Fans Bring The Dildos Match

I know Lucky was really hoping to get a dildo ladder.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

weekly font posted:

this is like the grossest thing i've ever read

I don't understand it. What's a bar wire, dog collar, pole match? If the ropes are barb wire how do you climb up to the pole? Is the chain connecting the collars barb wire? That's insane. I'm curious to see it solely to figure out what it is. Then hopefully call the proper authority to stop it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

oatgan posted:

Were there Saints Row Dildo bats?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Just in case any of you were looking to get into AIW, they're running a $10 DVD sale right now. They've had some solid shows the last two years.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

STAC Goat posted:

I don't understand it. What's a bar wire, dog collar, pole match? If the ropes are barb wire how do you climb up to the pole? Is the chain connecting the collars barb wire? That's insane. I'm curious to see it solely to figure out what it is. Then hopefully call the proper authority to stop it.

Flameingblack probably remembers it better than I do but there was a promotion that got the cops called on them during a deathmatch tournament.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

coconono posted:

Flameingblack probably remembers it better than I do but there was a promotion that got the cops called on them during a deathmatch tournament.

It was the IWA Deep South King of the Deathmatch in 2005. A wrestler named Diehard suffered a deep cut after a light tube shot in the first match, and they rushed him to the hospital. After the cops found out how he got injured, they went to the tournament and shut it down before the first round was over.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

STAC Goat posted:

I'd assume it's a dog collar match, where the connecting rope is wrapped in barbed wire. Meanwhile, a cat of nine tails is on a pole in the area and will be used lamely.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

coconono posted:

The cops have also been called on CZW in the most hilarious case when they were looking for a fan who wasn't paying child support.

Wazzu posted:

I'd assume it's a dog collar match, where the connecting rope is wrapped in barbed wire. Meanwhile, a cat of nine tails is on a pole in the area and will be used lamely.
That sounds about right. See if you can decipher this match:
Black Hawk Down Match
There were spinning light-tubes in the corners. The spinning was very slow in one corner and wasn't even working in the other. They were supposed to spin at a really fast speed and look brutal but they basically took apart fans and attempted to put light tubes on the propellers. They became so heavy that they wouldn't spin properly

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Flameingblack posted:

Black Hawk Down Match
There were spinning light-tubes in the corners. The spinning was very slow in one corner and wasn't even working in the other. They were supposed to spin at a really fast speed and look brutal but they basically took apart fans and attempted to put light tubes on the propellers. They became so heavy that they wouldn't spin properly

I think it was LUCKY it didn't work right. A crowded building with shards of glass being thrown around by centrifugal force sounds like a recipe for a whole loving lot of lawsuits.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I think it was LUCKY it didn't work right. A crowded building with shards of glass being thrown around by centrifugal force sounds like a recipe for a whole loving lot of lawsuits.
Lots people ended up getting cut with glass shards, but nobody had any significant injuries. My friend had shards of light tube in his shoe which cut his foot up a little bit, a father got hit in the face and it cut his head a little bit, just about everyone had thumbtacks stuck in the bottom of their shoes. Nothing awful though, but when they're advertising this kind of poo poo you kind of know what you're getting into.

I've only seen one promotion do it before, but I think putting up the hockey barriers around a ring and letting fans beat on the glass and get closer than they usually would, would be an awesome gimmick for a deathmatch promotion. Imagining wrestlers scraping each other's bloody heads across the glass in front of bloodthirsty fans and the more goofy deathmatch wrestlers drawing dicks on the glass.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Flameingblack posted:

I went to see Mad Man Pondo's Masters of Pain tournament, you've gotta go to at least one garbage deathmatch wrestling show in your life, they're amazing

Or just wait for Pondo to come to your local area so you can listen to him and his show-me-on-the-doll-where-your-uncle-touched-you fiance spend fifteen minutes cutting a promo on a ten-year-old in the audience about how he's a gay homo with a tiny dick.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Flameingblack posted:

Lots people ended up getting cut with glass shards, but nobody had any significant injuries. My friend had shards of light tube in his shoe which cut his foot up a little bit, a father got hit in the face and it cut his head a little bit, just about everyone had thumbtacks stuck in the bottom of their shoes. Nothing awful though, but when they're advertising this kind of poo poo you kind of know what you're getting into.

I've only seen one promotion do it before, but I think putting up the hockey barriers around a ring and letting fans beat on the glass and get closer than they usually would, would be an awesome gimmick for a deathmatch promotion. Imagining wrestlers scraping each other's bloody heads across the glass in front of bloodthirsty fans and the more goofy deathmatch wrestlers drawing dicks on the glass.

Using their opponents blood to draw, naturally.

Deathmatch wrestling is so loving weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mob posted:

Or just wait for Pondo to come to your local area so you can listen to him and his show-me-on-the-doll-where-your-uncle-touched-you fiance spend fifteen minutes cutting a promo on a ten-year-old in the audience about how he's a gay homo with a tiny dick.

As opposed to those straight homos you see wanderin' around...

For a guy who grew up idolizing Terry Funk, Pondo sure did learn the wrong lessons from him.

• Locked thread