Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Yo I think that zz guy is hella scum

##challenge silver snakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Do you want to maybe make a case

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Opopanax posted:

Do you want to maybe make a case

What!!? Me? Case?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
TNL or YPM for me.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Your Personal Muse posted:

Yo I think that zz guy is hella scum

##challenge silver snakes

The Red Jaguar has Challenged the Silver Snakes!

Eligible lynches today are: Your Personal Muse, Zzyzx, The Ninth Layer

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Actually, nah.

##vote TNL

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

zzyzx posted:

Did you have the scum doc open by mistake?

Instead of investigating if the claim was real or anything he attempts to put light suspicion on me.

zzyzx posted:

I'd go for KFC or Ard. Not seeing it with aC.

Trying to protect ac. At this point, ard was the towniest fucker in the thread.

Other than that he had mostly sideline comments and hasn't tried to push anyone.

Also I feel it in my loins.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Oh I should probably ##vote zzyzx

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Um, okay.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

TNL doesn't strike me as the type to lurk just because he's scum, I buy that he has legit reasons for not being here regardless of alignment. Also that case was bullshit and I want to vote YPM

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
I've liked zzyzx' content since he started posting, his expansion on the hurt over TT vote is actually thoughtful, which given that TT was town leads me to think favorably of zzyzx. If he had been just voting hurt on "gut" or something I'd call it a play for town cred, but it tracks.

Given that I don't offhand think YPM would've done his stupid joke if both he and apostate were actually scum, at the moment I'm leaning TNL based on elimination, but I would love to see more there and it's not like ballsy d1 gambits that eventually lead to scum victories don't ever happen.

I'll write up the case on YPM and see how it feels against the chance of a gambit.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
For me the case on YPM comes down to
(1) How adamant he was that I was scum for going after him (follow on to Opop's gotcha, PJF'sa vote, along with a FOS from Chili)
(2) The overwritten summary post
-- a) you don't need to articulate why you'll vote anyone over you -- if you know you're town, of course you'll vote anyone but you for self preservation esp d1, but was nonetheless thorough enough to outline/justify each possible vote -- this is what I mean by overwritten
-- b) firmly worded but hedged defense of apostate
-- c) argues for a no lynch as 2nd choice, which, as I expanded on at his request, just renders the whole day a wash by denying information.
(3) interpreting this walkback as lead in to a reluctant bus, which can be supported by the fact that the vote doesn't come until later.
(4) weird meta-y defense of TT which could be a play for cred when TT flips town. TT's meltdown was just a gift for the scum.
(5) in his recent "case" on zyzzx, spins zyzzx' running with his joke as scummy, and then overlooks some insightful commentary in summarizing his play.

The problems with this are, a) how unlikely it is that he would call attention to a double scum team with his joke, b) WRT (3), the bus is a plausible circumstance, especially with AC being MIA but that post just... feels legitimately forlorn.

all told, I like it better than the case for zyzzyx, but it has problems and i would like more to judge TNL by before I vote it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I dislike this.

##vote YPM

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
anyone else have anything about anyone?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Guess who actually had really lovely access to internet while in Montreal? It's me. I did. Catching up on the thread now. I am really sorry about this guys. The one time I had reliable internet/wasn't busy was when the forums were down.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."

Dr. Hurt posted:

Guess who actually had really lovely access to internet while in Montreal? It's me. I did. Catching up on the thread now. I am really sorry about this guys. The one time I had reliable internet/wasn't busy was when the forums were down.

Crazyeyes posted:

Dr. Hurt hasn't said a thing in days and it's starting to creep everyone out. Just then, at the dawn of the first day, you wake to find he had mysteriously wandered off.

And someone else is sleeping in his place! Nothing weird about that, you suppose. Surely there must be other expeditions traipsing through this place seeking the temple. And this guy looks pretty sturdy. You have little doubt he will serve the group better than that Dr fellow.

Tearshed replaces Dr.Hurt at the dawn of Day 3! Praise the sun!
You may want to get this sorted out between you two and the mod.

I talked with KFC earlier and I'm by far most suspicious of zzyzx at this point since all of his content reads as fake and overly cautious. ##Vote zzyzx

I'd vote TNL since lurker lynching doesn't hurt us as much without a night kill, but if there's a possibility of him coming back or being replaced ASAP then it might be a waste. I don't expect Scum to completely disappear for 5 days like he did (at least not as a reaction to being Scum) and I think Scum would have been pushing for him to be replaced before Dr. Hurt if he wasn't talking with them in their thread.

YPM isn't really giving me a Scummy vibe at this point so he'd be my last pick for lynching.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Replacing me is better. Sorry about not reading the thread first before posting.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

I am not willing to vote YPM. I went back through is posts concerning aC and I see his interactions as truly oblivious to his alignment. He sticks on the fading KFC lynch and continuously defends aC while admitting he's done some scummy things. If I'm scum in that situation I absolutely jump ship earlier instead of being one of the last votes on aC.

Looking at zzyzx and TNL again. I honestly don't remember any of TNL's posts so this should be interesting.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

The Ninth Layer posted:

Okay after reading all of these wonderful posts I think I would vote for anybody that isn't Ard. KFC jumping on what looked like an early joke was stupid and something I would see scum doing; at the same time I dislike YPM's joke to begin with since it is basically inviting someone to challenge his team and vote up aC. Apostate himself was pretty happy to point out that the joke was all YPM's idea, basically passing the buck back onto YPM. So yeah I think they're all scummy, I'll save my vote until I've talked to my buddy about it.

Everyone's scummy, I'd vote everyone. I'll put a vote down later once I talk to my buddy (why wait for that?)

Never places a vote and was totally absent day 2.

The Ninth Layer posted:

10 hr meeting turned into an 8 hr bar night where I didn't pay for anything XD Hit me up later let's hash some game out.

I'd have to reread things but seeing the aC's flip doesn't really change my reading of yesterday except now I think that YPM is a lot less scummy for his joke. I have trouble thinking scum would want to make a joke about their buddy scumclaiming in a setup like this.

I think KFC's challenge looks scummier in retrospect and I could see it being a quick-draw reaction to get a jump on YPM before the scumclaim joke picked up any traction.

So are you voting zzyzx then?

TNL is my pick for lynch today so far. I'm not putting down a vote yet though cause I really want more content out of the snakes first.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Heads up, I'm going to a music festival starting tomorrow through Sunday. I'll have limited phone access only.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Philip J. Fry posted:

TNL is my pick for lynch today so far. I'm not putting down a vote yet though cause I really want more content out of the snakes first.

I don't really want to vote Ninth today, which limits my options a bit. Will look over KFC's post on Muse and have another look there.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

zzyzx posted:

I don't really want to vote Ninth today, which limits my options a bit. Will look over KFC's post on Muse and have another look there.

I definitely want to but mainly as a lesser-of-evils options. I have no interest in lynch you, right now you're an earner. And I really don't see YPM as scum.

TNL is lurking his balls off and he may even be scum.

He's the best option by a comfortable mile.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Chili posted:

He's the best option by a comfortable mile.

It's a lurker lynch but not much else. Ninth's a very experienced player I know and I like, so best-case scenario, he pops in and we're able to bounce ideas around some more (and there's value in doing that regardless of his alignment). Worst-case, could ask for a new mason friend.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I'm fine with either TNL or zzyzx to be honest, although I have a stronger gut on zz. It's just something about his content that sends alarms off in my mind that I can't put to words.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

I'm fine with either TNL or zzyzx to be honest, although I have a stronger gut on zz. It's just something about his content that sends alarms off in my mind that I can't put to words.

I'm glad I'm not the only one getting that feeling.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
Hour and a half til deadline. No one else likes YPM over zzyzx and without nightkills I'd rather lynch a nonentity than someone contributing and so ##vote TNL.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah, this game is stagnant enough that i'm down with a lurker lynch ##vote TNL

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Philip J. Fry posted:

I am not willing to vote YPM. I went back through is posts concerning aC and I see his interactions as truly oblivious to his alignment. He sticks on the fading KFC lynch and continuously defends aC while admitting he's done some scummy things. If I'm scum in that situation I absolutely jump ship earlier instead of being one of the last votes on aC.

Looking at zzyzx and TNL again. I honestly don't remember any of TNL's posts so this should be interesting.

While I agree with you that switching to the bus earlier would be the ruthless, more town looking play, especially in a game with no NKs though, i can see reluctance to turn on a buddy d1 steering YPM to go as he did.

To boot, technically, voting AC at that point was superfluous, since the lynch didn't need a majority to go at deadline. Why bother switching his vote at all? Answer: to be on record as having eventually voted for the lynch for cred.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Opopanax posted:

Yeah, this game is stagnant enough that i'm down with a lurker lynch ##vote TNL

Oh Hey, you're around! I'd rather YPM than the lurker, if you're down for that still.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
##vote ypm

Doing dishes, will switch back to TNL if we can't make this happen.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

YPM is in the boat of people actually doing stuff. I don't want us to wind up in LYLO with a bunch of a people who have no content and have to roll the dice at the end

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

While I agree with you that switching to the bus earlier would be the ruthless, more town looking play, especially in a game with no NKs though, i can see reluctance to turn on a buddy d1 steering YPM to go as he did.

To boot, technically, voting AC at that point was superfluous, since the lynch didn't need a majority to go at deadline. Why bother switching his vote at all? Answer: to be on record as having eventually voted for the lynch for cred.

I didn't realize it was majority lynch.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

I didn't realize it was majority lynch.

And by that I mean plurality

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Opopanax posted:

YPM is in the boat of people actually doing stuff. I don't want us to wind up in LYLO with a bunch of a people who have no content and have to roll the dice at the end

Yeah, you're right.

##vote TNL

This game blows.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

And by that I mean plurality

even when this post came RIGHT AFTER you brought up no lynching?

Crazyeyes posted:

I see some chatter in here and what to clarify something:

No lynching is not an option in this game.

If deadline hits and there is no majority, the person with the highest vote count among the duelists gets the ax.

If two or more people are tied for highest vote count, the day continues until the tie is broken.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

even when this post came RIGHT AFTER you brought up no lynching?

Yes? I don't know I only really read the bolded part.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I think ninth is the wrong choice.

Also I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that my purple parrot buddy may be scum.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

CapitalistPig posted:

I think that's a really loving scummy thing to say.

Just got outta the gym, hoping the shower, I'll be back if anything exciting is happening.

:ssh: nothing will be happening.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Chili posted:

I think that's a really loving scummy thing to say.

:shrug: think whatever you want but ill laugh when I'm right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

CapitalistPig posted:

Also I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that my purple parrot buddy may be scum.
I've been getting that same vibe, so I'm glad to hear that you're getting that feeling from mason chat.

Also, did Crazy say if the deadline would be floating?

• Locked thread