Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Afraid of Audio posted:

stop obsessing over a video game you loving nerd

At least it's not an anime video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Afraid of Audio posted:

stop obsessing over a video game webcomics you loving nerds

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
you wanna fight!!!!!!!

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Also no capitalization posts aren't humorous but humonous.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

MelvinBison posted:

Part 2 of the latest Dota story arc.

It's bad.

:vomarine: Viper Strike!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
You are so lovely, Nerf Now. Words cannot describe how incredibly lovely you are.

Robohobobro
Apr 26, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

You are so lovely, Nerf Now. Words cannot describe how incredibly lovely you are.

Yes they can, in fact you only need one word, here:

"webcomics".

You're welcome.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online

Randler posted:

Also no capitalization posts aren't humorous but humonous.

XD

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Randler posted:

At least it's not an anime video game.

At least one of the DotA heroes is literally an anime character.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

:xd:

Humon posted:

Border Control

Made this comic last year for Comic Party http://comicparty.dk/ which is why you get two comics about German/Danish relations in a row.

Anyway, when Denmark briefly got a bit of it's border control back last year (stopped 1 in 100 cars or something like that) the Germans didn't just complain that it was against European agreements, but also took it as a very personal attack on them, probably because Germany is the only country connected to Denmark by land. :xd:

:xd:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Post 9-11 User posted:

:vomarine: Viper Strike!

Well that is pretty much what Viper does.

I still have no loving clue what I'm supposed to care about here though. Okay so Viper is trying to gank Tiny...so??? That's not inhernetly funny or interesting, the dialogue sure as hell isn't making it better, and if you're supposed to enjoy the art then :lol:

This is very bad.

Mehuyael posted:

At least one of the DotA heroes is literally an anime character.

She has the exact name of an anime character but doesn't really look like one at least. Dota 2 has very low amounts of anime compared to, say, LoL.

Given how much the NerfNow guy loves stupid fanservice I'm not sure why he doesn't play LoL actually.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jul 2, 2014

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Trapezium Dave posted:

Electric Six - Dance Commander: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of2WzZx9AhA

He's great; later on he gets a fair bit of time killing orcs in flashbacks and he's always having a blast doing so.

He's the only character who seems to be genuinely happy.

Internet Kraken posted:

Well that is pretty much what Viper does.

I still have no loving clue what I'm supposed to care about here though. Okay so Viper is trying to gank Tiny...so??? That's not inhernetly funny or interesting, the dialogue sure as hell isn't making it better, and if you're supposed to enjoy the art then :lol:

This is very bad.

It's a Game of Thrones reference.

Are you laughing yet?

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Raising awareness about the aftermath of Viper Strikes

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

steinrokkan posted:

Whatever happened to the Nerdgirl McGrossface from QC? I don't recall seeing her for a long time, I hope she has committed suicide over body issues.

She went back into QC purgatory after having sex, talking about having sex, whining about having sex, and then talking about having sex some more.

He doesn't post diatribes about feminism with these, but it's OK because he makes up for that by actively getting worse at art.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

BloodWulfe posted:

She went back into QC purgatory after having sex, talking about having sex, whining about having sex, and then talking about having sex some more.

He doesn't post diatribes about feminism with these, but it's OK because he makes up for that by actively getting worse at art.

Dobson making cartoons about how he (or his inexplicably female self-insert) is a bad artist is at least a step forward from Dobson making cartoons about how he is a good artist everyone else should strive to emulate in these easy steps.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

mooncity
Feb 15, 2014

You're so wet Cyntia. I cannot possibly describe how wet you are.

BloodWulfe posted:

His new "style" wouldn't be so bad if he didn't have parts of the line "art" in black.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

*stop

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Man, Lex Luthor really started slacking off with his evil plans after the The New 52 reboot.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

That's funny.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

loquacius posted:

Dobson making cartoons about how he (or his inexplicably female self-insert) is a bad artist is at least a step forward from Dobson making cartoons about how he is a good artist everyone else should strive to emulate in these easy steps.

It's odd, it's almost like Dobson's comic got immediately better by removing the blatent Dobson.

I'll give distaff counterpart Dobson a chance, although I can see the dobson already oozing from her pores.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

BloodWulfe posted:

hmm so either the kid was sketching his self insert's naked back or dobson doesn't understand that the point of the life drawing classes that made him blush was to make those (and therefore thinks people pull those from imagination or something?)

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Grow up Sohmer

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

mooncity posted:

His new "style" wouldn't be so bad if he didn't have parts of the line "art" in black.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The author/artist of Manly Guys Doing Manly Things has another webcomic out and it's kinda different so far. http://platinumblackcomic.com/ (warning contains nips)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

thats a pretty interesting take on perspective

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

MelvinBison posted:

It's bad.

The rest of the Dire Team:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

agreed

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

That's a pretty interesting take on hahuidbjcnjvkdjnfb :unsmigghh:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

You're my favorite burned genital :)

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

i love you

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Mordja posted:

thats a pretty interesting take on perspective

you have seen Least I Could Do, right

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

BloodWulfe posted:

ahahaha how did this guy not get thrown out of art college

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

His tuition payments never bounced.

Besides, he's been busy with other projects. It's not fair to criticize him because his schedule is crazy!!

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

The only time you can really get thrown out is Junior Reviews, when it's more like they don't let you keep your major if you haven't shown any improvement. From what I've seen of his work (like that art timeline meme he did), he was actually improving (slightly) until AFTER he graduated, when it went downhill pretty quick, since no one was lighting a fire under his rear end to actually try.

e: also yeah it's a private college, they're not actually going to kick anyone out if they're paying tuition money.

Loot
Apr 3, 2013

119-242 Text Count
+59 Contribution Score
+5.9% Cold Resistance

6.7% chance of shitposting
Fires rockets instead of bullets!

Afraid of Audio posted:

it is pretty old

Only thing not getting old here is Darth :dance:

MelvinBison posted:

It's bad.

Ah-ha, this is really loving bad. Look at how he draws Viper flapping his wings. Also the eyes, which look so lovely, especially because there's supposed to be four. Yes I am a lonely nerd that played Dota, why do you ask?

The site quote is the best.

quote:

The story moves on...

:allears: Is it moving, now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Ague Proof posted:

He's the only character who seems to be genuinely happy.

It's a Game of Thrones reference.

Are you laughing yet?

I guess that explains why Nerfnow has never made any sense to me - it's entirely based on references to things I absolutely don't care about and am barely aware of. I had to check the Wikipedia page on DotA to find out what the hell it actually is, for instance.

• Locked thread