Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
<---- all of those men are probably armed btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

psyopmonkey posted:

Im missing 12hours out of my memory/life in Fayettenam, NC due to that poo poo.

That liquid is brain cleanser...

happened to me the first few times i had it but once you learn to portion it out instead of having three shots in an hour you're in for some good times

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

comes along bort posted:

lovely food knows no geographic boundaries

I don't know what that is, but I want to get hungover just so I can enjoy that

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
^ i think its a trash plate

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
gotta know the code

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

I.C. posted:

I like Denny's, but this is about Waffle House.

My friend told me something bad happens if you played the Waffle House song on the jukebox. Like everyone working there will hate you...
denny's runs the most bizarre tumblr. I can't hate it.

I've never been to a waffle house, so i can't judge.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Obligatory Toast posted:

denny's runs the most bizarre tumblr. I can't hate it.

I've never been to a waffle house, so i can't judge.

my opinion of Denny's has raised exponentially since you mentioned this

I guess this is how marketing works

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

deadwing posted:

my opinion of Denny's has raised exponentially since you mentioned this

I guess this is how marketing works

Youtube search "Denny's fight".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnWlTyZLQhQ A classic from oakland.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Truly, the best catfights are the ones with no pants

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Wafflehouse may have a shitton of oil in their food, but at least it's not the rubberized plastic that you get at dennys or ihop.

That and wafflehouse is one of the few joints that will actually cook your food in front of you so at least you know what kind of body fluids your getting with your meal

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
hmm

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Alexzandvar posted:

burn the south to the ground, sherman was right

psyopmonkey posted:

Glass sheet the entire south.

Sorry but the American Southeast, for better or for worse, is both the cultural epicenter of the United States, and a priceless American treasure. No matter how bad some parts of it may be, one cannot destroy it entirely without losing something both precious and irreplaceable.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Sorry but the American Southeast, for better or for worse, is both the cultural epicenter of the United States, and a priceless American treasure. No matter how bad some parts of it may be, one cannot destroy it entirely without losing something both precious and irreplaceable.

pretty sure they got waffle houses in other parts of the us now

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
double quarter cheese plate scattered smothered covered

I haven't been to waffle house in 6 years and I still know the shorthand for my order. Also got the best advice in my life in a waffle house at 4am: "gently caress ho's and count money". Waffle house owns.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
their normal menu is literally a picture menu so drunkards who shamefully don't know the shorthand way to order things can just point

I've... seen things, in waffle houses that I'll always treasure. You don't always get to talk with a dude who is celebrating his last hours before he has report back to prison for 2 years assuming good behavior.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
one of the things i've noticed when searching youtube for videos titled "waffle house beatdown" is how half the videos seem to include the staff in addition to customers

uma
Jun 27, 2005

and this, this is my book collection...

I.C. posted:

I like Denny's, but this is about Waffle House.

My friend told me something bad happens if you played the Waffle House song on the jukebox. Like everyone working there will hate you...

Dennys is only okay where there is no Wafflehouse overlap (read: New England). In that case, it serves as the very comparable substitute.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
sometimes just employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqCbgZJtBQI

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
imagine how many awesome stories long time waffle house employees have

SexyPatTO
Jul 1, 2014
I love me a mom & pop diner. Jimmy T's in Washington DC? The best. Especially the waffles.

Waffle House gives you the mom & pop experience, except pop is dead and mom is very sick and poor. I was at WH at the Richmond Airport in 2004 and one of the waitresses let out an ungodly yowl--she had put her hand in the deep-fryer, or splashed the frying oil on her face, or something, and there was some brief discussion among her and the others about whether or not they were going to call 911, and then they decided not to, and she went "into the back" somewhere to nurse her wound. While she was gone, two of those who remained gossiped about how bad the hurt one's luck was, and noted that EXACTLY ONE YEAR PRIOR she had dropped a huge cutting board on her foot, or nearly cut off her pinky with a knife (can't remember which).

So, WH is real life and I always try to get a slice of it when I'm driving alone. Family trips nowadays to the in-laws in NJ mean that we must stop at higher class places, like Perkins, which my kid likes because they give him a balloon. On a recent Xmas trip we enjoyed hearing a waitress talking about buying her husband a camouflage tie, in hopes that he could be encouraged occasionally to dress up when they went out for dinner.

When I lived in CA, Denny's was the main stop if there was no mom & pop in sight. I will still go to Denny's if WH is not in the immediate vicinity (above all I'm really cheap when I'm driving alone, and WH gives you a lot for under $10), but I've been a bit freaked out by Denny's in recent years because their coffee got so good all of a sudden. Really weirdly good.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
There's no waffle houses in Idaho and it makes me disappointed.

I think somewhere in Mississippi there's a Waffle House sign with no actual building cause of hurricane Katrina. Probably the only thing I miss about that place was waffle house

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

edit

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Largest order of hashbrowns with cheese and Gravy, slap 3 sunny-side up eggs on top. If only they had scrapple...

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

one of the finest ways to attempt dodging a major hangover by forcing down some greasy food...this completely saved me once from what was due to become a top 5 worst of all time hangover from drinking at least a fifth of Wild Turkey 101 and later passing out w/o drinking any water. in fact as soon as it arrived at the table the smell made me have to run to the bathroom and projectile vomit all over the toilet, i knew my only salvation was to load that poo poo into me as quickly as possible and thats what i did and it worked absolute wonders.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
guys I think I might have to go to waffle house now.

not sure if that merits a "thank you" or a "gently caress you"

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I believe it was Sash! in a TFF thread who once said "Denny's isn't a place you go to; it's a place you end up at."

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

gently caress waffle house. sobered me up because I was aghast that I paid any money for their lovely food.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

Eight-Six posted:

gently caress waffle house. sobered me up because I was aghast that I paid any money for their lovely food.
the food is, well I guess tolerable is a polite way to put it, but you are really going there for the people

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Now I want to get into a fight at Waffle House.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

Alberto Basalm posted:

LOL "home of the garbage plate" is that for real

Quick, someone change the Garbage Day gif into Garbage Plate

Odoyle
Sep 9, 2003
Odoyle Rules!
I love Waffle House

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Once I ate at a Waffle House and a little girl at the next table was talking all excitedly about the "cops" in the restaurant - cops are great, I'm going to be a cop when I grow up, I drew a picture of a cop - and her dad was like "yeah, whatever." When she grows up she's going to realize what a piece of poo poo her dad is and take it out on black people

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

okay destroy the entire south except Florida cause I guess that has Disney and some good colleges. but for sure glass the rest tho

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Alexzandvar posted:

okay destroy the entire south except Florida cause I guess that has Disney and some good colleges. but for sure glass the rest tho

Florida is worse than the south.

Let a hurricane go through and then completely road block Florida.
Let those worthless sacks of poo poo drown and die in their own poo poo.

Miami first.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
central and south florida are actually pretty good and not massively racist, the lovely part of florida is north florida.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
Florida is the reverse of the rest of the region. it gets more diverse and less racist as you head south.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Bishop posted:

Florida is just as bad as the rest of the region. It gets more racist and worthless the farther you go south. Miami is the epicenter of racism, bigotry, and absolute hate in florida. There are detention centers for local nationals that dont belong there in the swamps. There are hills made entirely of garbage not 2 miles away from 500K homes. Florida is the most disgusting state in the union. Arizona is a good second.

I fixed that for you.

Florida is a worthless cesspool.

Glass sheet + plague + hurricane(the south)= Best fix

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Alexzandvar posted:

central and south florida are actually pretty good and not massively racist, the lovely part of florida is north florida.

central florida is where they nearly lynched jackie robinson and home to george zimmerman

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

comes along bort posted:

central florida is where they nearly lynched jackie robinson and home to george zimmerman

the racist part of central Florida is either the suburbs out the middle of the state sticks. Orlando has a huge gay scene and most of the beach areas are pretty friendly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
Growing up in alabama we referred to florida as "misplaced yankees" and didn't like them much.

no reason really

just didn't like them

• Locked thread