Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Absurd Revolver posted:

I haven't had any issues with Hox, but every time I try to use Goonhud and pause, the game crashes.

Any ideas?

edit: All I want is to litter the streets with the bodies of the fallen :(

No idea, but I ran into a diffrent bug: when I go into Options --> Goonhud, and touch the "amount of bodies" slider in any direction, it does 2 things:
-goes back to the default position in the middle
-changes the number of bodies to 1

But it works. I left it at default values and it works like a charm in game. It's just that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
Hey uhh, Election day 1 Deathwish.

Red omni,
Red hefty,
Green avalon,
Green avalon,
Yellow kranich,
Blue kranich.

Which van is it?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Forer posted:

Red omni,
Red hefty,
Green avalon,
Green avalon,
Yellow kranich,
Blue kranich.

Which van is it?

Either Omni or Hefty.

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
50% Entertainment By Volume. Guaranteed!
Pillbug

Wilko posted:

I started working a custom mod yesterday since HoxHud keeps randomly breaking on me and wont work half the time I play for no reason. But I added in a corpse limit changer after seeing all this, so you can climb over a mountain of bodies in every heist if you so desire. :getin:
It works alongside HoxHud, so you can install both too (although there's no actual HUD modding done yet).

https://github.com/JamesWilko/GoonHUD
https://github.com/JamesWilko/GoonHUD/archive/master.zip (Direct Download)

The default changed limit is 256 bodies, just so the game doesn't crash on huge heists, but you can change it in GoonHUD/options.lua to whatever you want.
If anybody uses it and has any crashes let me know what happened so I can try and fix it!

I too, want to be knee deep in the dead, but my Payday 2 folder already has a IPHLPAPI.dll file in the directory, should I just leave it as the existing file? Or will overwriting break hoxhud? They both have different file sizes.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Forer posted:

Red omni,
Red hefty,
Green avalon,
Green avalon,
Yellow kranich,
Blue kranich.

Which van is it?

I was going to say either yellow or blue, but I suppose it could be either of the reds as well. Or, plot twist, it's one of the green avalons because reasons.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

I know it's starting to sound like a broken record, but pubbies are absolute shitheaps. How can anyone enjoy speedrunning rats and restarting whenever you gently caress up stealth even on heists like jewellery store.

Poor Overkill, half of the content they make will probably never be seen by most of the playerbase.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I find most of the time SA's complaints about pubbies are exaggeration or hyperbole, but jesus god the pubbies of this game really are awful.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

I wonder what the correlation is between people who complain how boring this game is and people who play it like that?

I still remember that guy complaining Deathwish wasn't hard enough and every video he did to prove it was him stealthing it after restarting over and over to get the optimum layout for the map.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I find most of the time SA's complaints about pubbies are exaggeration or hyperbole, but jesus god the pubbies of this game really are awful.

GUYS STOP MESSING UP THE STEALTH. Says the guy with full armor that sprints around.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

-Zydeco- posted:

I love you man.
I set the kill limit to 512 and that's probably ~300 bodies with the AI kills and no slowdown.

No problem, glad you like it!

Travic posted:

I love this mod, but whenever I press escape to pause the game it crashes. Windows 7 x64-bit. Geforce 570Ti. Playing offline or online. Missions seem to load slower too. Does Payday produce a crash log I can get you?

Absurd Revolver posted:

I haven't had any issues with Hox, but every time I try to use Goonhud and pause, the game crashes.

Any ideas?

edit: All I want is to litter the streets with the bodies of the fallen :(

I can't reproduce the crashes on my computer, but if you can email me your crash dump, PD2Hook.log (if they exist), and your computer specs that'd be awesome.
Crash dumps should look like payday2_win32_release_crash_dump_blablabla.mdmp or something similar in the Payday 2 folder. PD2Hook.log should be in the same folder, if not don't worry about that one.
I'll also look into the slower loading when I get home from work as that shouldn't be happening.
jw (at) jameswilko (dot) com

Syves posted:

I too, want to be knee deep in the dead, but my Payday 2 folder already has a IPHLPAPI.dll file in the directory, should I just leave it as the existing file? Or will overwriting break hoxhud? They both have different file sizes.

Both mods should work with either DLL, so it shouldn't matter which one you use. If one doesn't work though let me know and I'll clarify this stuff better in the future!

Thanks to everybody for trying it out though, and I'll try to get it fixed for everybody ASAP.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Man, and you haven't even seen TRIBE yet. I think Alpine has a bunch of videos of him saved.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Forer posted:

Red omni,
Red hefty,
Green avalon,
Green avalon,
Yellow kranich,
Blue kranich.

Which van is it?

Bedpan is correct, it's either Omni or Hefty. There will never be more than one of the correct company's trucks.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
Is ace spotter worth getting if I'm my crew's designated mastermind and we like at least attempting to stealth those maps? And does it just intermittently spot random dudes or is it pretty reliable?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
The Spotter is location-based so any highlightable guards/cops in the area he covers will always be highlighted and there's no maximum number of highlightable people.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
If you're going for stealth, the Spotter asset is very handy. Given the skill's relatively low cost, there's really no drawback to taking it. Spotter works better on some maps than others (it's not particularly effective on Shadow Raid), but even then it will sometimes save your bacon.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
Alright cool, I was just making sure it's not a worthless trap skill like some of them.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Most games, even shooter games, are relatively simple. Very few games have you do more than 2 of the following: Shoot man, stand on point, carry bomb to objective, carry flag home. Even the newest player will pick up what to do quickly just based off of their time on the playground. Compared to Payday 2's "Shout civilians down, get drill, deploy drill, protect/restart drill, bag loot, maybe open deposit boxes, carry bags to van, oh and shoot mans". And that's just on a rather simple Bank job loud. Even loud on Payday 2 can get fairly complex and confusing for people who don't communicate or know the game.

And then there's the madness that is stealth.

In short, if you want to play with pubbies, make sure you always host to cut down on the stupidity. Being the guy who controls the server-kicks means never being kicked moments from completing a mission and being able to boot the worst of the idiots.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Discendo Vox posted:

If you're going for stealth, the Spotter asset is very handy. Given the skill's relatively low cost, there's really no drawback to taking it. Spotter works better on some maps than others (it's not particularly effective on Shadow Raid), but even then it will sometimes save your bacon.

The real problem with the spotter asset isn't the skill cost or the cash cwt but the pretty high rate of it not actually working at all. Shadow Raid ends up breaking a lot.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I don't suppose anyone got a extra payday 2 key from the sale? I got it myself but my steam brother didn't

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:
To the people who were having crashes with GoonHUD, I pushed an update to the github repo which should fix the crashing on the ingame menu, as well as enabling the logging properly (whoops). I think I also found the problem of loading taking longer than normal, but I wont be able to take a proper look at that until tonight.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Alan Smithee posted:

I don't suppose anyone got a extra payday 2 key from the sale? I got it myself but my steam brother didn't

I do! Me.

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
50% Entertainment By Volume. Guaranteed!
Pillbug

Wilko posted:

Both mods should work with either DLL, so it shouldn't matter which one you use. If one doesn't work though let me know and I'll clarify this stuff better in the future!

Thanks to everybody for trying it out though, and I'll try to get it fixed for everybody ASAP.

It works out pretty sweet. PILES of Swat when I took an easy bank job to test it out. No crashing for me either.

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

Corn Dogs- Deep Fried Proof Of A Loving God
What is a good concealment rating to shoot for? I can get it down to 14 with my partially-modded CAR-4, which I'm leaving unsilenced for when a stealth attempt fails, but will be able to increase it from there (with an increase of +5 concealment total if the Short Barrel and Fold-Out Stock ever drop; though I'm a bit ambivalent about losing the extra ammo with the Vintage Mag, I could increase it by an additional +2 if I use that). When it's silenced weapons only, I am stuck at 14 again with my Commando .553 (configured as a single-shot combat rifle with good damage (28), medium accuracy (10), and decent concealment (23); it basically has stock-stats with a slight improvement in concealment, but outfitted with a silencer). Is this good enough for maps like Shadow Raid?

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
Does going infamous keep your access to deathwish missions, or do you need to get back to 80 before you can host them again? this could end up being a little bit of a dealbreaker for me.

Reith
Jul 23, 2007

The Easy Rider posted:

What is a good concealment rating to shoot for? I can get it down to 14 with my partially-modded CAR-4, which I'm leaving unsilenced for when a stealth attempt fails, but will be able to increase it from there (with an increase of +5 concealment total if the Short Barrel and Fold-Out Stock ever drop; though I'm a bit ambivalent about losing the extra ammo with the Vintage Mag, I could increase it by an additional +2 if I use that). When it's silenced weapons only, I am stuck at 14 again with my Commando .553 (configured as a single-shot combat rifle with good damage (28), medium accuracy (10), and decent concealment (23); it basically has stock-stats with a slight improvement in concealment, but outfitted with a silencer). Is this good enough for maps like Shadow Raid?

My philosophy is the lower the better. I usually get it down to 3 so I have as much margin for error as possible, but that can be difficult with some setups if you don't have the ghost tier bonus that increases your concealment. If you're bringing a saw, the lowest you can get it is 10.

AndroidHub posted:

Does going infamous keep your access to deathwish missions, or do you need to get back to 80 before you can host them again? this could end up being a little bit of a dealbreaker for me.

Gotta get back to 80 again.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The Easy Rider posted:

20 is kind of a bare bones threshold for concealability on a weapon, above 25 is a reasonable goal to shoot for if you are really stealthing it out and it's sort of the point where you really start committing and sacrificing stuff like damage and stability, and 30+ is "stealth over literally everything else" territory because you're sacrificing a lot of utility across the board. This is per weapon and is not the blue/red detection figure that's usually 75 when you are rolling loud.

30+ on each weapon with just the suit is what you want the goal to be, generally giving zero fucks about neutering the primary and not having to care much about the secondary either since in most cases you're not shooting at anyone with armor. However, the Swedish K is the most concealable secondary and isn't awful.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

FAUXTON posted:

However, the Swedish K is the most concealable secondary and isn't awful.

Is it really more concealable than the Gruber Kurz with the smallest silencer? I find that a little hard to believe, but I don't have all the Swedish K parts yet.

Also, do not bother kitting out a primary for stealth. Just go for high concealment and do everything with your secondary.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
With how risky hardcore stealth can sometimes be (desync, clumsiness, error correction), a full stealth loadout should always shoot for 3 detection risk. A big thing that helps is hitting tier 4 in Ghost. That bonus +5 concealment goes a long way. That said, 10 to about 15 at most is still generally safe enough.

For maps like Trustee banks where you maybe just want to try stealth but not dedicate to it, you can hover around 30-40 and pretty much be fine. Though a lot of those maps are stealthable in full loud gear anyway.

Reith
Jul 23, 2007

SilentW posted:

Is it really more concealable than the Gruber Kurz with the smallest silencer? I find that a little hard to believe, but I don't have all the Swedish K parts yet.

Yep. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but that's how it is.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SilentW posted:

Also, do not bother kitting out a primary for stealth. Just go for high concealment and do everything with your secondary.

The gruber is 30 with the size doesn't matter, the SK beats that by a few points at 33 fully modded out.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jul 10, 2014

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Reith posted:

Yep. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but that's how it is.

SWEDEN BIAS

But seriously, that's a bit silly. Then again if this were an Ubisoft game, the FAMAS would have 30 concealment, 50 damage and 30 stability/accuracy by default...

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Plan Z posted:

Man, and you haven't even seen TRIBE yet. I think Alpine has a bunch of videos of him saved.

Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtnHdjdihq0

I can't find the other one.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

The Easy Rider posted:

For stuff that can go loud and you don't mind the fight (banks and stuff) I tend to go for about 40, for stuff that you really want to stealth no matter what (Shadow Raid etc) I go for 15 ish. For my stuff it's the same weapons for both, just suit or light armour. Crosskill with a silencer and either car4 with a couple of stealth mods or the commando with pretty much nothing is enough.

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

Does concealment on your weapon correspond directly to your overall concealment rating? If I manage to wrangle up those three drops to bring its concealment from its current rating of 23 to 30, my CAR-4 would still be a decent 'Oh poo poo, I guess we're going hot' option, but I'd be bringing it along with a Gruber Kurz standing at 28 concealment. I have an extra laser grip; should I get another GK to outfit with the highest concealment silencer? It would take a substantial damage hit, obviously, but then I would have a decent unsilenced primary at 30 along with a low-damage but otherwise alright silenced secondary at 30. I have no clue what the formula for stealth ratings are, but would that do the trick in terms of functionality?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

So, what's the deal with the Ghost Dodging thing? Every time I see it brought up, someone says it's bugged and/or only works if you're sprinting. Coupled with the fact that everyone I see running it gets their poo poo wrecked constantly, I really don't think it works. I prefer to just be my team's equivalent of the Bulldozer, and it works fine for me. What's the final word on it?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

SilentW posted:

I find it way easier to meet 3 concealment with a stealthed primary and a completely barebones Kurz for a secondary, so I wouldn't say "do not bother". :colbert:

Plan Z posted:

So, what's the deal with the Ghost Dodging thing? Every time I see it brought up, someone says it's bugged and/or only works if you're sprinting. Coupled with the fact that everyone I see running it gets their poo poo wrecked constantly, I really don't think it works. I prefer to just be my team's equivalent of the Bulldozer, and it works fine for me. What's the final word on it?

Lots of people and a lot of hearsay not based on evidence mostly.

Here's how it works on paper: If you have ghost perks, you take less damage while running. Also you gain a natural dodge chance, which is greater if you're wearing less armor. That's separate from running, although they stack.

In theory, if you have ghost perks, wearing less armor means you have more effective hit points due to dodge. However; even on paper these are health points which don't regenerate, as opposed to shield points which constantly regenerate, so I'm not sure its a great idea.

Now that's all on paper. How does it really work? Hard to say. Lots of people are going to argue this way or that, but have they really done statistical tests? Nah.

The Easy Rider posted:

Does concealment on your weapon correspond directly to your overall concealment rating? If I manage to wrangle up those three drops to bring its concealment from its current rating of 23 to 30, my CAR-4 would still be a decent 'Oh poo poo, I guess we're going hot' option, but I'd be bringing it along with a Gruber Kurz standing at 28 concealment. I have an extra laser grip; should I get another GK to outfit with the highest concealment silencer? It would take a substantial damage hit, obviously, but then I would have a decent unsilenced primary at 30 along with a low-damage but otherwise alright silenced secondary at 30. I have no clue what the formula for stealth ratings are, but would that do the trick in terms of functionality?

Yeah, your concealment is the combination of your weapons concealment, your armor, and your perks. Weapons are the main thing. My gold AK puts me in 75 even wearing a suit, while a silenced folded stock car-4 lets me get down to 3 in suit, or I can still manage like 18 with decent armor.

AndroidHub posted:

Reith posted:

Gotta get back to 80 again 40.

Infamy gets to Death Wish much sooner.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jul 10, 2014

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Plan Z posted:

It used to be comically broken with ghosts dodging like 4 out of 5 shots in a suit, giving them insane survivability. Overkill cut it down to size though and now the best option is to take a middle range outfit that doesn't sacrifice too much armor (not the concealable vest it sucks numerically).

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

The Easy Rider posted:

Does concealment on your weapon correspond directly to your overall concealment rating?

If you mean how concealment translates to detection risk, somebody tried to figure out the numbers upthread somewhere and failed. When talking about stealth loadouts, it's infinitely easier to talk detection risk rather than concealment.

Plan Z posted:

Aced Sprinter: Your sprint speed is increased by 25% and you have a 25% better chance dodging enemy fire while moving. Ghost also gets additional base dodge bonuses from tiers 1 and 3, and if I'm understanding PD2skills correctly, the base dodge chance is 10%.

Dodge is tricky to use because it's random. So on the one hand, 25% dodge should mean on average you'll take 25% less damage. But at the same time any given shot could still hit and kill you. And after a certain point most players won't see it kick in at all because CTV (and ICTV) zeroes it out completely.

My general rule of thumb is to stick with full armor on maps with huge, uncontrolled swarms of enemies and ones that mostly involve hunkering down for extended periods (Rats being the exemplar for both) and the Flak Jacket for maps that are more mobile and less hectic, especially if someone else is full Enforcer spec and is going to be drawing tons of aggro anyway. Though I have Bulletproof, so I have a bit more wiggle room when it comes to bringing lower-tier armor.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jul 10, 2014

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

Last question on stealth that I'll both you guys with; would the combination of a 30 concealment primary/30 concealment secondary/suit be enough to drop me to 4? I have basic Chameleon, if that makes any difference. I just want to make sure that I'm not spending all of my money on weapons that are ultimately useless for their intended purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

The Easy Rider posted:

Last question on stealth that I'll both you guys with; would the combination of a 30 concealment primary/30 concealment secondary/suit be enough to drop me to 4? I have basic Chameleon, if that makes any difference. I just want to make sure that I'm not spending all of my money on weapons that are ultimately useless for their intended purpose.

Basic Chameleon only applies while in casing mode. It's a nice bonus now that you can also mark stuff without putting your mask on, but it doesn't really factor into getting stealth done.

FWIW, my stealth loadout is a 26 concealment CAR-4 + a 28 Compact-5 + 5 bonus concealment from Ghost and with the suit I'm down to 3. So I think you should be okay.

• Locked thread