Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I watched this at my local. I would say they were weirded out by my random laughter, but they are used to me by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

Aurora posted:

I hope Rockmeats eventually learns the virtue of rolling actual dice for stealth.

That's fixed in... I think the episode after this one?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

cobalt impurity posted:

Audio levels are poifikt. :toot:

I appreciate the Bionic Commando and Kirby remixes as a soundtrack.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Rockmeats is the best mediator.

I'm imagining Palla trying to be evil. She stomps on a flowerbed, tears well in her eyes and she whispers "This is not justice..."

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
[4:32:31 PM] Gharbad!: Will someone draw me a picture of Rockmeats on a clocktower while the guards try to get him down and Palla runs interference? tia

edit: removed chat log

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

General Ironicus posted:

Well if you're looking for something a little less mountainous that has the advantages of greater experience and being ongoing there's this too.

wokow6 posted:

I'll check that out sometime, but I think I'm gonna continue with the 4e crew for now. I've already become invested in this group of adventurers.

Solution: listen to both at once and discover the hidden Satanic messages encoded within.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Syrg is Dead

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Aurora posted:

Syrg is Dead

Is this a joke or is he actually dead?

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
He quit drinking and lost the ability to improvise

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

All I'm sayin' is that he's barefoot on the album cover.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

A burrito too far.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I think Rockmeats is my favorite, so far. Him and the tiny, deep-voiced bunny.

Honorific!
Jul 5, 2007

Well played, Goonsire!

Aurora posted:

Syrg is Dead

Long Live the Syrg

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Night10194 posted:

I think Rockmeats is my favorite, so far. Him and the tiny, deep-voiced bunny.
All bunny princesses should be voiced by Ikks.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Why is Plasmaman called Ikks now? Unless they are different people that just happen to have the same voice.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
People sometimes change the names they go by. It happens. Don't worry about it.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Mighty Dicktron posted:

People sometimes change the names they go by. It happens. Don't worry about it.

True.

For example, I am the Cumburglar. People grow up, and change their childhood names.

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

Pretty pretty pony pony pretty pony pon pon

Thesaya posted:

I watched this at my local. I would say they were weirded out by my random laughter, but they are used to me by now.

I constantly listen to comedy podcasts with headphones on. Laughing randomly in public is terrible. You'd think people would see the headphones and just assume "Oh he's listening to a funny thing" but you still feel like a crazy person.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

Syrg decided to make an LP of that one Family Guy game with time travel or whatever. No one's heard from him since.

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

Guys, guys. Syrg is fine. He's just working long hours at a job where he failed to notice a coworker beside him being robbed at gun point, okay so maybe not FINE but alive.

Now that's enough of that back to arguing about wizards vs. martial characters.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
The important thing is that martial characters are literally useless.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Honestly they both seem to be good in 5e.

Also I just played and died in my first session of D&D 5e. I was playing a fighter with his main flaw being a massive fear of bugbears. The first boss of the starter set happens to be a Bugbear so I made very stupid in character decisions when we fought him. After two goblins got some lucky shots and put me at 1 hp from their arrows and the rest of the party and me were in front of the Bugbear I decided that the best plan on my turn was to run away like a bitch and also not bother with the disengage action to save off the AoO reasoning that my character would be too scared to think things through like that. Bugbear hit me and did max damage. Having only 1 hit point left I was quite dead. Despite this I had a lot of fun.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
See? Fighters suck, Q.E.D. Thanks for proving my point MonsterEnvy

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Gharbad the Weak posted:

See? Fighters suck, Q.E.D. Thanks for proving my point MonsterEnvy

Well I took the arrow shots for one of the Wizards. (As he would have shot the Wizard had I not been in the way.) Along with the fact I died purely to stupidity on my end.

I don't even know why I am justifying my fighter to you I know you are at least partly joking.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

WolfShirt posted:

This is what's bothering me about the system currently. In 4e, even before the metric fuckload of add-on material was released, you could mix and match feats with classes and powers and magic armor effects to produce something pretty unique and cool.

That's one of my favourite things about 4e. Between class features, feats, equipment and whatnot you can create some pretty magical things. By the time my rogue reached Paragon tier, he was adding 8+2d6 damage to every attack he made and it was wonderful.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Wizards have a mechanic where they can cast certain utility spells without expending spell slots because obviously they don't have enough spells per day, right?

Seriously considering making a wizard who just doesn't use spell slots and instead relies solely on Cantrips and Rituals. Might make for a fun gimmick for a session or two, and it'll make the fighter feel useful.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Nihilarian posted:

Seriously considering making a wizard who just doesn't use spell slots and instead relies solely on Cantrips and Rituals. Might make for a fun gimmick for a session or two, and it'll make the fighter feel useful.

So basically you wanna make Tuxedo Mask in D&D Next.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nihilarian posted:

Wizards have a mechanic where they can cast certain utility spells without expending spell slots because obviously they don't have enough spells per day, right?

There are currently only 3 rituals in the game the Wizard can use. They are Detect Magic, Identify and Comprehend Languages. Clearly not being forced to waste one of at max 4 level 1 spell slots they get will break the game.

Seriously I have done a lot of research in this game. The Wizard will almost never make the Fighter feel useless.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

WolfShirt posted:

Guys, guys. Syrg is fine. He's just working long hours at a job where he failed to notice a coworker beside him being robbed at gun point, okay so maybe not FINE but alive.

I suppose this is payback for the time he got jumped by a tramp on railroad tracks because he was wearing a dress and walking home at like 2 AM or something, and the tramp failed to notice his beard.

Wolfshirt, you should play Joey in every single RPG campaign you ever do. Even if it makes no sense whatsoever for a minotaur to be there. You should even play him in like Call of Cthulhu.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Syrg will never die. The universe loves making GBS threads on him too much to let him.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
These pictures of Palla just make me think of Traci Rearden from Comedy Bang Bang.

I'm so sorry

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Casually dropping by to say I'm glad to see another D&D thing happening. I can't wait for a podcast version to be made available, I just finished catching up with the Paragon podcasts and am now catching up with 13a. I would love to have another (hopefully unedited??) podcast in rotation!!!

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

Hey guys, this is a LET'S play after all so how about we get some "let's" in here. Joey's going to be level 3 soon and that means he earns one more 1st level spell and a 2nd level spell.

Everybody has access to the D&D Next Basic spell list, so we're going to expand Joey's repertoire by popular vote.

What should be Joey's next two spells be? He currently has Healing Word, Cure Wounds and Cause Fear, so since the healing basics are covered you can give him something crappy and it's fine.

Hankosha
Apr 1, 2008

SISTAS ARE DOIN' IT FOR THEMSELVES
His new spells should be:
1st Level - Detect Magic
2nd Level - Hold Person

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Joey's new spells:
1st: Sanctuary
2nd: Warding Bond

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

1st: Command
2nd: Spiritual Weapon

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

1st: Command, 2nd: Hold Person.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Without bothering to look at what these spells actually do, Joey should Hold Persons in his big strong arms while screaming Commands.
Also according the level up chart he should be getting two 2nd level spells at level 3, not just one?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

WolfShirt posted:

Hey guys, this is a LET'S play after all so how about we get some "let's" in here. Joey's going to be level 3 soon and that means he earns one more 1st level spell and a 2nd level spell.

Everybody has access to the D&D Next Basic spell list, so we're going to expand Joey's repertoire by popular vote.

What should be Joey's next two spells be? He currently has Healing Word, Cure Wounds and Cause Fear, so since the healing basics are covered you can give him something crappy and it's fine.

Oh my gently caress, you even warned me ahead of time and I still can't believe how bad this is. What on EARTH would make you think it's a good idea to have the spell list be A) shoved all the way in the back and B) Sorted Alphabetically rather than by class, and C) NOT EVEN TELL YOU WHAT CLASS THEY'RE FOR???

Anyway I guess I vote Command and Aid cause they're Funny and Helpful in that order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013
Command would fit well with Joey's personality, I think, and neatly foreshadow Future Joey's role. Hold Person, as mentioned by others, is just a funny mental image.

• Locked thread