Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

joshtothemaxx posted:

San Jose's strategy appears to be "let's wait for wando to appear"

not a bad strat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
OH MY GOD WE DID A THING

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

joshtothemaxx posted:

San Jose's strategy appears to be "let's wait for wando to appear"

It's a pretty good one.

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

poor lenhart, thats how they got neymar

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

how come eddie johnson is such a lovely baby

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

Gin Soaked Ape posted:

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
Bosworth is trying to shatter some vertebrae and EJ continues to be a petulant little poo poo.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Gin Soaked Ape posted:

He's such a terrible bastard and lol yellow card

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

How did San Jose not score there?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
haha, what a sequence, can't believe that San Jose didn't score

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

King of False Promises posted:

How did San Jose not score there?

that kind of garbage goal used to be their bread and butter. what i am saying is san jose literally eats out of the garbage can

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
I just kicked my coffee table and yelled after we didn't score there and my neighbor told me to shut the gently caress up. Cool.

Edit: Full time. I am in hell.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Bill hamid is a god

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

joshtothemaxx posted:

Bill hamid is a god

Truth. He had some killer saves tonight.

Wish he didn't though. :(

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

a bunch of people are all like why didn't san jose win and then you had to actually describe west coast bullshit and.....

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Super pumped to debut my "AIDs is not a gay disease" tifo during the SEA/POR Darby.

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

Super pumped to debut my "AIDs is not a gay disease" tifo during the SEA/POR Darby.

ah ok

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

SEA/POR Darby.

The ol' Darby, eh? Darby... DARBY. Derby?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

A lone man holding up a two-pole from the Hereford MLS Fan Zone, tragically forgetting he lives in England, the world's most troll-free nation. "Being an ultra is not a crime," he shouts as the red dot hovers over his chest

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

El Jebus posted:

Thrill show and destruction darby.

The Kentucky darby

Roller darby

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

STOP loving LOSING TO DC UNITED. WHY IS DC #2 IN THE LEAGUE RIGHT NOW.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Great Lakes Log posted:

without checking, games in hand

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Azerban posted:

without checking, games in hand

This is true but less true than you think.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Great Lakes Log posted:

MLS bad

How else can a failure team like DC be the best

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Revs without Nguyen should be interesting. Kind of a shame that I'm going to miss my favorite player to probably the only Revs game I'll get to go to for years

e: Parking is free at Gillette for Revs games :toot:

barnold fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jul 12, 2014

Eelface
Jul 23, 2002

El Jebus posted:

Darby is my dog gonna be cool in like 20 years when cascadia can have a clasico

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

bradley didn't even make the bench, the USMNT ruined him

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

goals a fuckin plenty over here

two bad teams havin a go

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Revs stink

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat there were 10 goals in the collective first halves of the three games that started at 7. I haven't seen em all but my guess is comically inept defenses rather than the MLS suddenly turning up their offensive output.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
Wil Trapp/Eric Gehrig Columbus game plan: give Henry/Wright-Phillips as much room and the least amount of defensive pressure than they've ever seen.

e - ^^^^^ yes (terrible defense)

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
Comments so far on Rapids at Union:

-Shane O'Neil is obviously still growing into his position. He got out positioned twice and that was a stupid tackle on Cruz but yeah, he earned that card. I just hope he doesn't get suspended for the Portland game. That was nasty.
-Why the hell did the Rapids listen to OP when he said "oh let's get rid of Connor Casey and bring in Edson Buddle"? There's probably something I'm missing but I'm not really sure what.
-Nick LaBrocca needs to calm the gently caress down. It was a foul! Suck it up and move on...don't get carded for dissent.
-Good work by Clint Irwin so far.

Edit: I forgot, Deshorn Brown needs to take his time just a little more and go for the soft touch, not the big hammer in front of net.

I think that's it. 2-1 Union at the half. I'm hoping for a draw.

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jul 13, 2014

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Great Lakes Log posted:

comically inept defenses

ring a ding ding

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What abominable coverage by Columbus, Sam couldn't have asked for an easier goal. I'm glad everybody else is stepping up in the East to be real awful so NY can continue to coast in such an awful conference.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

down 0-2, now it's 3-2 fuckin hell

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

Azerban posted:

ring a ding ding

To add salt to this, Columbus Crew captain Michael Parkhurst was just pulled in what I presume is the least subtle "what the goddamned gently caress" that Gregg Berhalter has given all season.

This is after another NYRB goal, mind.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Kamani Hill subbed out for Carlos Alvarez for Colorado. No surprises...Hill hasn't looked good all night. The Rapids really need to shift to 2 up front...Brown by himself isn't working since Brown forgot how to handle the ball like a goal scorer.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
Collin killed Bernier

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Crap. Jared Watts gets left to clean up a mess headed back towards his own goal, Watts coughs up the ball en route, and Irwin can't clean up the mess. 3-1 Union...and given the Rapids offense this game, that's probably it.

And Jared Watts then takes a boot to the face on a high clearance kick by Lahoud (sp?) in the box, draws a penalty, and a straight red to Lahoud not more than two minutes later at 76'. The penalty's earned but the red? Hmm...not sure

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jul 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Danger
Mar 18, 2012
A Franchise Low: Shep Messing calling your team "impotent"

• Locked thread