Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rich thick and creamy
May 23, 2005

To whip it, Whip it good
Pillbug

nooneofconsequence posted:

If a pregnant woman is raptured does the baby go too.

Pregnant women can't get raptured. See, if a woman feels the rapture coming on her body has a way of shutting that down. Heard that from some guy on TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tofu Injection
Feb 10, 2006

No need to panic.

fullroundaction posted:

I got the impression that the lack of "policework" being done re: the dogs was maybe due to everyone just being pretty sure it was the Chief and not feeling the need to go through the motions of an investigation.

Except that its the goddamn police chief, and he was found on top of a pile of dead dogs.

Even allowing this, wouldn't the Chief want to insist on it, given that its his own story he would be corroborating and also because he's the Chief?

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
The writing still feels a tad trite but it's amazing how one performance can elevate a piece

Edit: Oh the all black clothing and all white clothing contrast I get it it's deep! It's nuts, half the time I think this show could be really interesting and the other half it's just this sort of in-your-face stuff. I'm not objecting to symbolism but take it easy Christ.

J33uk fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 14, 2014

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Oh poo poo the birds are going crazy too

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Eccleston's accent is horrible. Worse than Aiden Gilen in Game of Thrones

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Donna!

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Don't do this priest... It's going to end bad

stuart scott
Mar 9, 2007

This dude is a total shithead and I hope he loses everything and kills himself. This is also still incredibly boring

nopants
May 29, 2004
This honky priest be trippin.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

We all know how this ends.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Definitely going on black

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Women, they jinx everything
e:Wait, he's a psychic isn't he?

e2: Uhoh, time to die

e3: loving goooooo
drat, he's stupid

ChadSexington
Aug 12, 2004
I am so not competitive. In fact, I am the least non-competitive. So I win.
I saw him getting jacked a mile away...that's probably not a good sign for this show.

EDIT: Did not see that coming though :stare:

stuart scott
Mar 9, 2007

and the tone is a total mess

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Ahahaha whaaat?

nopants
May 29, 2004
This is pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

nopants posted:

This is pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Agreed.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Whoa, what the hell. Is this Left Behind: Groundhog Day?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

:catdrugs:

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

This is the weirdest episode of Doctor Who

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The TADRIS has malfunctioned.

nopants
May 29, 2004

SgtSteel91 posted:

This is the weirdest episode of Doctor Who

I wish Doctor Who had more cat drugs and less self important speeches.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I have no idea what's been going on the last 20 minutes

nopants
May 29, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

I have no idea what's been going on the last 20 minutes

That's how I like my media.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
And that is how you do a dream sequence people

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Ouch, done in by a coma
e:sorry for double post

ChadSexington
Aug 12, 2004
I am so not competitive. In fact, I am the least non-competitive. So I win.
The GR bought the church didn't they?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

MUTE CULTISTS :argh:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The mute white nihilists just made an enemy of God's chosen one

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

He should buy $160k worth of guns and ammo.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Hahaha awesome

The cultist lady at the end was the sameone in the dream sequence that welcomed him to the church right?

nopants
May 29, 2004
I hope the good priest ruins these loving cultists. What a bunch of dicks.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I'm surprised Father Who hasn't been asserted yet for manslaughter

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jul 14, 2014

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

yea with a murderous intent and a lot of money I think the priest is gonna become a terrorist lol

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

pahuyuth posted:

Hahaha awesome

The cultist lady at the end was the sameone in the dream sequence that welcomed him to the church right?

No, that was like, queen cult lady.
The one he gave the clothes to was the one in his dream sequence

Also, Holy poo poo that preview. Seriously, this is just 9/11 2.0, not end of the world. Only 2% of the population disappeared right? Why is everyone acting like the world is over? Just mass murder every day ya'll
(Also, can't wait for when guy puts a grenade in that lady's hand. That will be loving crazy.)

nopants
May 29, 2004

Postal Parcel posted:

No, that was like, queen cult lady.
The one he gave the clothes to was the one in his dream sequence

Also, Holy poo poo that preview. Seriously, this is just 9/11 2.0, not end of the world. Only 2% of the population disappeared right? Why is everyone acting like the world is over? Just mass murder every day ya'll
(Also, can't wait for when guy puts a grenade in that lady's hand. That will be loving crazy.)

Because people can vanish into loving air. God or something else equally hosed up does exist. You lose your bagel? Maybe God took it.

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

This was my favorite episode so far and I've really enjoyed this series so far. I wasnt sure I'd like a single character focused episode on a character we barely knew but wow that was great.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Holy poo poo, that season preview. Rad times.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Postal Parcel posted:

Seriously, this is just 9/11 2.0, not end of the world. Only 2% of the population disappeared right? Why is everyone acting like the world is over? Just mass murder every day ya'll

Well I mean approaching 3,000 people died in 9/11 but 2% of the world's population is still over 100 million people gone in a single instant (plus as we saw today whatever immediate fallout like accidents caused by everyone blinking out plus stuff like post-event suicides/rioting/insanity etc.)

Plus it is an unexplained incident that they can't figure out or predict if it might happen again or what it might say about the world they live in:

nopants posted:

Because people can vanish into loving air. God or something else equally hosed up does exist. You lose your bagel? Maybe God took it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

Yeah 2% of people dying worldwide would all its own be one of the biggest events in history, but the fact that they disappeared without explanation is what makes it the most significant event in all of history. Or it would be if it really happened.

• Locked thread