Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skystream92
Jul 1, 2007

Third World Reggin posted:

We own salt harbor. Our guild HQ is there.

You still enter the HQ the same way via cities.

We will have repeatable quests for unbound some time in the future.

EDIT: chat log, oh boy

http://i.imgur.com/S0fIP8Y.jpg

LemonKush is a special one..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

We own salt harbor. Our guild HQ is there.

You still enter the HQ the same way via cities.

We will have repeatable quests for unbound some time in the future.

EDIT: chat log, oh boy

http://i.imgur.com/S0fIP8Y.jpg

What a wanker. He does realise this is a game, right?

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007

Insensative_Asshole fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jul 14, 2014

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler

Tell him the only threat we recognize is a dead fish wrapped in a newspaper delivered to guild. Poetry war sounded fun, wish there were revenge npc in this game to keep it going for weeks.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I said it from the beginning that all ZD wants is for everyone to lick their butts. Let's just go ally with united at least they don't have hunTTer.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Aleth posted:

What a wanker. He does realise this is a game, right?

My guess...gold sellers. It wouldn't just be a game then. :tinfoil:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

randombattle posted:

I said it from the beginning that all ZD wants is for everyone to lick their butts. Let's just go ally with united at least they don't have hunTTer.

I am changing red pheonix to be the goons who liked delebux and putting you in charge of it.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I am changing red pheonix to be the goons who liked delebux and putting you in charge of it.

So I'm in charge of no one then?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Ill just be a simple farmer from now on then...

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Insensative_Asshole posted:

Can you point me toward a guide for shaolin? Downloading the game now and I want to read up a bit on what I should be aiming for build-wise as I level.

There are basically no guides in English for this game.

Just experiment with builds. The only thing you can't really gently caress up and easily fix is masteries. Once you know how the school works, you can look at videos and spectate matches of better players to see what they do, or just come up with your own way of fighting.

Man, the Dele/Delamore confusion has gotten out of hand.

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
So it looks like this game has the same player-vendor set up as Wushu 1.0 but I forget how to search for what items people are selling.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I don't even know what the gently caress those are. This is going to end terribly.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
So...

Infinity heal:

2.5s cast, 3s cooldown.

Upgraded Infinity heal:

1.25s cast, 2.25s cooldown.

Those things are a lot better than I expected.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

BERGfu posted:

I don't even know what the gently caress those are. This is going to end terribly.

If you give me rare items and cash shop items I will give you delabux that you can cash in for rewards!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

We got a new branch. The Qin Soul Branch.

EDIT: we need people to do a culling again. Start removing alts or people who have been gone for awhile. They can just reapply.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jul 14, 2014

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

The infinity heal is really quite good.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

randombattle posted:

If you give me rare items and cash shop items I will give you delabux that you can cash in for rewards!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aqf_irqq-M

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
GirthcockTM playing yet another BAD MMO. :getin:

How much worse than Wushu is this? Are there a million Viets/Thais playing? What is the GPC (Grief Potential Coefficient) of this game?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

For your particular brand of mmo I don't think you will like it.

The arena system you may like and you do that just for fun. We do fight clubs pretty much every night.

The rest of it is as stated earlier in thread, age of wushu is everquest, swordsman online is world of warcraft.

It is on rails, opens up when the grind hits at 40+ and that is when open world pvp really starts.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Also the maturity of the opposing guilds in this game are equivalent to a three year old so expect tantrums for doing regular pvp stuff.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

For your particular brand of mmo I don't think you will like it.

The arena system you may like and you do that just for fun. We do fight clubs pretty much every night.

The rest of it is as stated earlier in thread, age of wushu is everquest, swordsman online is world of warcraft.

It is on rails, opens up when the grind hits at 40+ and that is when open world pvp really starts.

So it's a bit more focused on the gameplay and game systems. That's not too bad. Might check it out none the less. Haven't played a MMO since TESO any way so that itch is there.

BERGfu posted:

Also the maturity of the opposing guilds in this game are equivalent to a three year old so expect tantrums for doing regular pvp stuff.

So basically WUSHU: A game that makes you click a warning dialogue that amounts to OPEN PVP, poo poo HAPPENS, DEAL WITH IT.

The amount of crying that happened in Wushu when all we did was PVP is legendary second only to the stories I hear about EVE.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

BERGfu posted:

I actually consider this a bonus. Screwing with civil and mature adults just doesn't have quite the punch to it.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Stanley Pain posted:

So it's a bit more focused on the gameplay and game systems. That's not too bad. Might check it out none the less. Haven't played a MMO since TESO any way so that itch is there.

So basically WUSHU: A game that makes you click a warning dialogue that amounts to OPEN PVP, poo poo HAPPENS, DEAL WITH IT.

The amount of crying that happened in Wushu when all we did was PVP is legendary second only to the stories I hear about EVE.

Level cap from what we know is 89. The highest level guy in the server two weeks in is 62 with each level getting slower to gain. Getting to max level is going to take a long time.

Wushu was all about the idea that "Everything you do involves PvP" where this game doesn't appear to have that design concept. PvP altercations are either pointless slaughter in open world field zones, guild war that essentally only rewards the winner with the ability to spraypaint a dick on the defender's guild base, brawling in a open world dungeon for control of your xp pissing ground farm and stealing sheep from another server.

There is also Arenas that have two modes. One is everyone has scaled stats so its supposed to be skill based. The other is gear dickwaving and stats count. Some of the Arena events such as auto matching and the monthly best pvper tournament are currently disabled.

On the bright side you can make a guild of 200 players cry and nerd rage with the single press of a button which I am quite sure I proved in spades.

I think the PvP aspect of the game is going to be based on when the arena poo poo gets activated and what we are able to do at the level cap as well as how many of us will still be playing the long to make it there.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Anyone up for grinding the poo poo out of instances to get some set gear?

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Do it with me drinky you know you can't pass up the bonus Xp and karma

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

BERGfu posted:

Anyone up for grinding the poo poo out of instances to get some set gear?

I'm down when I'm available to do the 55+ stuff.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

BERGfu posted:

Do it with me drinky you know you can't pass up the bonus Xp and karma

In this game Ill suck dick for Xp at level 55+. When we all hit 60 we have to gather the Justice League up with 60 Hero Order gear and try to wreck that Scorp on Alliance Leader.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Drinkfist posted:

PvP altercations are either pointless slaughter in open world field zones, guild war that essentally only rewards the winner with the ability to spraypaint a dick on the defender's guild base, brawling in a open world dungeon for control of your xp pissing ground farm and stealing sheep from another server.
To be fair, this by itself is more than Wushu provided as far as having "a point" to pvp unless you were going for super inners. What was it we got for holding a base in Wushu again? An extra set of teleport points away from everywhere?

Also, you left out treasure stealing and zone xp bonuses. We have guild treasures to fight over which give stat bonuses.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Drinkfist posted:

I think the PvP aspect of the game is going to be based on when the arena poo poo gets activated and what we are able to do at the level cap as well as how many of us will still be playing the long to make it there.

I don't know about you, but I've already quit :v:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Kylra posted:

To be fair, this by itself is more than Wushu provided as far as having "a point" to pvp unless you were going for super inners. What was it we got for holding a base in Wushu again? An extra set of teleport points away from everywhere?

Also, you left out treasure stealing and zone xp bonuses. We have guild treasures to fight over which give stat bonuses.

Treasure Stealing is a myth.

There is no zone xp bonuses. The Bonus thing in the zone domination is talking about bonus guild quest distribution that are currently not open.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

There is no zone xp bonuses. The Bonus thing in the zone domination is talking about bonus guild quest distribution that are currently not open.

Drinkfist we discovered another way to gently caress over people last night.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Drinkfist posted:

Stuff we'll get it eventually then.

Bored Grunt
Nov 8, 2009

It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain
How effective is the bot grinding for leveling at 45+ ? I'm tempted to purchase some funbucks and go crazy in an effort to play catch-up.

Curious if it's worth the hassle to babysit it.. I'll likely hit 50 by this weekend through normal play anyways.

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007

Bored Grunt posted:

How effective is the bot grinding for leveling at 45+ ? I'm tempted to purchase some funbucks and go crazy in an effort to play catch-up.

Curious if it's worth the hassle to babysit it.. I'll likely hit 50 by this weekend through normal play anyways.

Bot grinding is pretty effective, and the bot is relatively smart. I pretty much have it going every night.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Why would you need to babysit it?

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
Because of world energy, you can't just leave your bot on for the weekend and expect to become Goku. Once it reaches zero, you can no longer gain XP from killing mobs in world zones. Ideally (if your bot is strong enough) you want to be grinding "elite" mobs with 2x health bars, as they're more experience per energy - areas with these mobs are marked on zone maps. Some schools can bot in dungeons for even higher efficiency. For a rough estimate, at 58 I get 3.5 million experience by botting through the 100 energy that recharges daily, so at 45, you might expect something like two levels for emptying a full pool of 200.

Even without the XP you really want to be botting, as it's the only really efficient way to upgrade your gear, your bot can automatically upgrade your poo poo with the green loot it collects. Same goes for getting base crafting ingredients, you get them by botting.

But yeah, with a good setup you shouldn't need to babysit anything. My Wutang can bot a solid 900k experience per hour with 1x XP and no consumables. If you have a healing skill, get a chi regenerating companion and build a setup that can be sustained through that. You can go catch a drillmaster in the pokemon taming zone right now, you should go do that. Or just craft/buy a buttload of potions/food, slot some skills and go to sleep.

Ihki fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jul 14, 2014

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011
I just started out and hit level 21 last night; the beginning parts seem very handholdy at the moment, but they're going by quickly enough and the game seems to have the potential to do some neat stuff later on (or at the very least it's wonky enough to be entertaining).

I've also just sent in an application to the guild using the very creative in-game name of 'Seeric'.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
All this bot talk just took away any want and or need to play this game :negative:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Stanley Pain posted:

All this bot talk just took away any want and or need to play this game :negative:

Why, it's an in-game bot, it's a tool they give you to use. It mostly helps with crafting, as it can kill things and pick up the mats you need to make potions and food. Also greens to upgrade your equipment. The experience isn't terrible, but you can make the same amount in a single guild event. Of which we always have one, every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Boogaleeboo posted:

Why, it's an in-game bot, it's a tool they give you to use. It mostly helps with crafting, as it can kill things and pick up the mats you need to make potions and food. Also greens to upgrade your equipment. The experience isn't terrible, but you can make the same amount in a single guild event. Of which we always have one, every day.

Oh it's in game, yeah that kinda changes things :)

• Locked thread