Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
This is the year the Chels probably takes the league and football truly dies but City finally goes somewhere in the CL, resurrecting football. They were one dumb Demichelis tackle away from a good result against Barca (pronounced with a lisp) and he's actually a solid PL defender now.

Also Dzeko is out for blood after Bosnia's unjust early exit from the FIFA WC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

straight up brolic posted:

the above is a bad opinion. he was hurt from April on with a hamstring injury and still scored 36 goals. he's quality.

How many goals would he needed to have scored to make you feel that he was good 50? 70? 69?

His injury saga doesn't make him a better prospect, I'm just afraid he's gonna suffer from severe chelsea striker syndrome. If he would have stayed at madrid it would have been a different story altogether.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

As a Costa watcher, I can say that's he's not as good as you'd think. He scored a ton of goals with his head because La Liga defenders can't defend against that

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Hegay posted:

As a Costa watcher, I can say that's he's not as good as you'd think. He scored a ton of goals with his head because La Liga defenders can't defend against that

so 18 goals against arsenal?

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Abu Dave posted:

Do Arsenal fans feel betrayed by Cesc?

I'm not happy with him tbh. Arsenal don't need him anymore because there's no point in him fighting with Ozil for a starting spot, so Wenger made the right call in passing on him. Despite that, he chose to go play for Mourinho at Chelsea, a combination no Arsenal fan likes. He's going to get a lot of well-deserved hate when he visits the Emirates this season (assuming he's not benched at that point for not defending enough).

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I'm just now remembering two years ago when Liverpool asked Adidas for £20m a year and Adidas laughed at them and called them a mid-table fail club

If only Ewar Woowar could sign an actual player he'd actually be good at his job

oilcheck my ass
Mar 8, 2006

Well, hello ladies.
I have no idea if Alexis Sanchez is the missing piece that Arsenal needs but it's going to be fun as f*ck to watch in this poster's opinion.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

City atm

code:
COMPLETED INS	FROM	FEE

Willy Caballero	Malaga	 Undisclosed
Fernando	FC Porto	 Undisclosed
Bacary Sagna	Arsenal	 Free

COMPLETED OUTS	TO	FEE

Mohammed Abu	Stromsgodset	 Free
Gareth Barry	Everton	 Free
Godsway Donyoh	Falkenberg	 Loan
Alex Henshall	Ipswich Town	 Loan
Joleon Lescott	West Bromwich Albion	 Free
Marcos Lopes	Lille	 Loan
Alex Nimely	Unassigned Players	 Released
Costel Pantilimon	Sunderland	 Free
Ellis Plummer	St Mirren	 Loan
Abdul Razak	Unassigned Players	 Released
Reece Wabara	Unassigned Players	 Released
Toure might be replaced by Paul Pogba

quote:

With Toure reportedly unhappy with the club over their failure to properly acknowledge his birthday, there is speculation that he might leave City this summer, leaving a large hole to fill in Manuel Pellegrini's midfield.

:wtc:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I didn't know City let Pantilimon go. Who's the guy that's way better than Joe Hart but sits on the bench anyway now?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

they also sent Toure to Dubai to do a match of something at the end of the season instead of letting him spend time with his brother who was literally dying so that might be a bigger problem

Gigi Galli posted:

I didn't know City let Pantilimon go. Who's the guy that's way better than Joe Hart but sits on the bench anyway now?

Willy Caballero from Malaga has been brought in as competition

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

Gigi Galli posted:

Willy Caballero

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

actionjackson posted:

City atm

code:
COMPLETED INS	FROM	FEE

Willy Caballero	Malaga	 Undisclosed
Fernando	FC Porto	 Undisclosed
Bacary Sagna	Arsenal	 Free

COMPLETED OUTS	TO	FEE

Mohammed Abu	Stromsgodset	 Free
Gareth Barry	Everton	 Free
Godsway Donyoh	Falkenberg	 Loan
Alex Henshall	Ipswich Town	 Loan
Joleon Lescott	West Bromwich Albion	 Free
Marcos Lopes	Lille	 Loan
Alex Nimely	Unassigned Players	 Released
Costel Pantilimon	Sunderland	 Free
Ellis Plummer	St Mirren	 Loan
Abdul Razak	Unassigned Players	 Released
Reece Wabara	Unassigned Players	 Released

You're a City fan and don't even know the full true story of the Toure incident? Lmao you're a joke. Nice code tags nerd

oilcheck my ass
Mar 8, 2006

Well, hello ladies.

straight up brolic posted:

Willy Caballero from Malaga has been brought in as competition

Didn't Man City spend like 18m or something on this guy?

For a back-up keeper?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Willy Caballero is good. Also someone should remind Man City of FFP

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

oilcheck my rear end posted:

Didn't Man City spend like 18m or something on this guy?

For a back-up keeper?

Was only £3m

ma i married a tuna
Apr 24, 2005

Numbers add up to nothing
Pillbug
Eventually even Chelsea is going to sign a star striker who is going to be good. Advanced stats and all that, they're like 1 for 8 in the last decade.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Shitshow posted:

With Manchester United only having to focus on domestic duties while Liverpool are in Europe - and without the services of Suarez - it would not surprise me if ManU finished in the top 4 again while Liverpool slipped to a Europa League spot.

Liverpool is going to win the Champion's League.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

actionjackson posted:

You're just now finding out about the Toure-birthday incident? :lol:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Is Porto's Fernando any good at all? At some point all these functional Brazilian central midfielders just blend into a blur for me.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Lol Pogba going to City would send me into unbelievable fits of rage.

Would be cool to see him in the Prem tho now that he's good.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Apparently both Sky Sports and the official Aston Villa website posted a picture of some lad from Hollyoaks when reporting that Kieran Richardson had signed for Villa.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

corn in the fridge posted:

Lol Pogba going to City would send me into unbelievable fits of rage.

Would be cool to see him in the Prem tho now that he's good.

It won't be happening this summer if it does, city have a £49mil transfer cap and Juventus would be mental to ask for anything less than £60mil.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Eau de MacGowan posted:

It won't be happening this summer if it does, city have a £49mil transfer cap and Juventus would be mental to ask for anything less than £60mil.

PSG already offered that much and they rejected it so it'll have to be more or with a player.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah I can't even really imagine how much someone would have to offer to buy Pogba right now, he's amazing and cool and handsome and into football manager so he's pretty much the perfect player.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Gigi Galli posted:

PSG already offered that much and they rejected it so it'll have to be more or with a player.

You do have to admire the balls on PSG, they get hit with a financial cap and a massive fine they just dont give a solitary gently caress

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I would be extremely leery about heavily investing in a player who plays for a side known to be involved in match fixing. Isn't this how United ended up with a couple of coke addled eastern european wasters

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
FFP is less of a concern than the almost total lack of homegrown players for the various quotas imho

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

FFP is a joke after than Man Utd kit deal imo

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Is there an updated "Which team should I follow" flow chart?

I need a team this season. Solicitations will be appreciated and reviewed.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Tortilla Maker posted:

Watch all of the football all of it start at 12:30pm on a Saturday (or whatever time that is in your country) and keep going until 10:45pm on a Thursday.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Tortilla Maker posted:

Follow Stoke and talk nonstop about how good Bojan was in football manager 2007 & how you can't wait to see him.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Tortilla Maker posted:

If you are not English you obviously should "follow" the only not-English team in the BPL, Swansea City.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Whoever is negotiating these sponsorships for United is either a genius or a con man.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Hegay posted:

Willy Caballero is good. Also someone should remind Man City of FFP

lol Willy

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Proper football is back, get in. I for one can't wait to be attending games again

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
Chelsea will win the league. United will get back in the CL places. Liverpool will drop out and RAWK will be hilarious to read.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

not not luvd posted:

Chelsea will win the league. United will get back in the CL places. Liverpool will drop out and RAWK will be hilarious to read.

I don't like you.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Newcastle will have a good run but then come in 12th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bovril Delight posted:

Newcastle will have a good run but then come in 12th.

I'd just settle for no massive period of being proper poo poo

• Locked thread