Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

serious gaylord posted:

What is it about Guardiola that makes good players flee the clubs he manages?

That wasn't Pep, just a power struggle between the club and Kroos' agent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Quiet times for City. Nastasic and/or Garcia could easily be sold, with only Mangala (or Benatia if something goes wrong) coming in.

Few people musing as to why we'd sell Nastasic, it's quite simple really, the club are desperate to fast track Karim Rekik who is viewed as not only a City defender for 10 plus years but also a future club captain. He was really good in the Eredivisie and got vital Champions League experience last season and narrowly missed out on being in the Dutch World Cup squad.

Nastasic was really good in his first season but was crocked for the majority of the last and didn't demonstrate his form of the previous season when he did play.

It'd be a shame to see him go, but if it gets Rekik into the team I have no issue with it. Kompany, Mangala/Benatia, Demi and Rekik is a strong selection of CB's in my opinion.

On Garcia, whilst he was MASSIVELY improved for the 2nd half of last season and pushed Fernandinho onto the bench, ultimately Fernando seems a better option, so he's kind of surplus to requirements I guess, but i'd be happy if he stuck around another season.

Then there's the obvious departures which are pretty much just Guidetti, Richards, Rodwell and Sinclair at this point.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
If Kroos honestly thought he deserves 12 million per year, he can gently caress right off.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Wouldn't shipping out those leave you more or less without homegrown players?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
No homegrown players doesn't matter if they were never going to use them in the first place.

No one else will pay Javi Garcia's wages.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

MrBling posted:

Wouldn't shipping out those leave you more or less without homegrown players?

Hart, Milner, Clichy supposedly counts, as does Rekik, and Boyata is still about, we only need 5 for the Champs League, was scaled back from 8.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

TheGoatFeeder posted:

as does Rekik

A player bought from abroad who's only spent 3 years in England counts as homegrown? :stare:

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

Jose posted:

Lacazette who wants a champions league team and Aubameyang who Dortmund only signed last year

The Aubameyang rumour was just someone who looked like him and ended up being Riviere’s mate.

I'd love if Remy just stayed though.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Thirteenth Step posted:

A player bought from abroad who's only spent 3 years in England counts as homegrown? :stare:

This is what people are saying, i'll have to check, same for Marcos Lopes but he's out on loan. Isn't that why Clichy counts?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Filthee Fingas posted:

The Aubameyang rumour was just someone who looked like him and ended up being Riviere’s mate.

I'd love if Remy just stayed though.

Think there is a decent chance that might happen

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Pobrecito posted:

Arsenal fans seem to have a habit of vilifying specific players in the face of more fundamental problems with the entire team (I remember it was Ramsey a few years ago lmao) and Arteta seems to be the most recent in line. I love the guy, he came into a team in crisis and has been a standout leader in the locker room from the day he arrived and has put in a really solid few years at what is certainly not his best position. He's also still an amazing passer of the ball, he's been the guy making our midfield tick for a few years now. He's also handsome AF and looks like the lego man.

That said he's 32 and his legs are rapidly falling off as he continues to play a very labor-intensive position that is not natural for him, I'd be hugely disappointed if we didn't keep him on as a valuable squad player but if we're actually looking to challenge for the title it's definitely a position where we should be looking to bring in some quality. Khedira from what I've watched seems a bit more box-to-box than someone who will sit in front of the defense, which I would prefer, but it's increasingly looking like the rumors about him are largely fan fiction so who tf knows

You read reddit too much.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Thirteenth Step posted:

If those 3 years were before he turned 21 then yeah he counts as home grown.

ChrisXP
Nov 25, 2004

"In football, time and space are the same thing."

Thirteenth Step posted:

36 months between the age of 15 and 21

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Thirteenth Step posted:

Not even that, he spent last season on loan at PSV. The homegrown rule is about as meaningful and influential as FFP.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm sure this will be a breakout season for Emyr Huws so don't worry about the homegrown quotas.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

ChrisXP posted:

36 months between the age of 15 and 21

christ

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Rio Ferdinand is undergoing his medical exam with QPR and will sign today.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

i don't think he'd be classed as a homegrown player

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England's mountains green

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

A little hymn based joke there for everyone

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
According to Lil' Jack, Enner Valencia has completed his move to West Ham although there's nothing on the official site yet

EDIT: Official Facebook group has confirmed the signing pending a work permit hearing

Ziggy Tzardust fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jul 17, 2014

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Raffles posted:

And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England's mountains green

Probably not.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Edmund Honda posted:

Not even that, he spent last season on loan at PSV. The homegrown rule is about as meaningful and influential as FFP.

He's still only 19 though, so if what TGF said is true and he'll be in the first team this coming season then he will count as homegrown by the time he turns 21 and actually has to be registered.

ChrisXP
Nov 25, 2004

"In football, time and space are the same thing."
I wonder if/when foreign teams will start registering young players with an english team (and loaning them back) for three years so if they turn out pretty good, City will pay even more for them.

Bit like setting your company up to pay VAT in some tin-pot country with 5% tax rate.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

I'd honestly rather have him as a physio.

Who knows, with Christ himself holding the magic sponge even Diaby might play 10 games a season.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

According to Lil' Jack, Enner Valencia has completed his move to West Ham although there's nothing on the official site yet

EDIT: Official Facebook group has confirmed the signing pending a work permit hearing

12 million pounds apparently, and I reckon it's a safe bet he'll be played on the wing where he's been poo poo his entire career. Lovely stuff.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

In news that will shock no Newcastle supporter, Ben Arfa returned overweight and was fined £1.5k, allegedly.

Other reports are the club is trying to unload him but nobody will meet his personal terms.

oilcheck my ass
Mar 8, 2006

Well, hello ladies.

Bovril Delight posted:

In news that will shock no Newcastle supporter, Ben Arfa returned overweight and was fined £1.5k, allegedly.

Other reports are the club is trying to unload him but nobody will meet his personal terms.

He's amazing when he gives a poo poo. It's a total waste of talent op.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I think he's Brazilian at heart. Brilliantly talented but can't give a poo poo and prone to bring fat. He's going to balloon up Ronaldo style when he retires.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

Bovril Delight posted:

its 1k per 1kg over the limit...

I'd love to know what he's been eating.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Bovril Delight posted:

It doesn't seem that long ago that he had that brilliant spell at Newcastle and Arsenal and other top clubs were supposedly looking at him again, the guy just seems to constantly self destruct every time he gets somewhere.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

TheGoatFeeder posted:

It doesn't seem that long ago that he had that brilliant spell at Newcastle and Arsenal and other top clubs were supposedly looking at him again, the guy just seems to constantly self destruct every time he gets somewhere.

Too good for the championship, not good enough for the prem. Won't take a pay cut to go to other leagues. He's an unfortunate case of thinking he's better than he actually is.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

He's one of the laziest players defensively I think I've seen. Marveaux is somehow even worse and unsurprisingly we're also trying to sell him

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

serious gaylord posted:

Too good for the championship, not good enough for the prem. Won't take a pay cut to go to other leagues. He's an unfortunate case of thinking he's better than he actually is.
he's definitely "good enough" he just has no work ethic whatsoever. he's beaten Villa single handedly more than once.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

actually three years living in a country is more than enough to be classed as being from there and if you disagree you're a literal racist

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

I remember when Rooney was kicking the poo poo out of Coloccini and Ben Arfa got up in his face and it owned

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Jose posted:

He's one of the laziest players defensively I think I've seen. Marveaux is somehow even worse and unsurprisingly we're also trying to sell him

How long has Marveaux been fit for you guys? From what I read, Liverpool gave him a medical and then cancelled the transfer.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Brony Car posted:

How long has Marveaux been fit for you guys? From what I read, Liverpool gave him a medical and then cancelled the transfer.

He denies that he failed the medical and said he couldn't agree terms, but who knows. He's been injured a lot, and never impressed when he was fit.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Brony Car posted:

Supposedly he's really lazy in training which is why he hardly ever even made the bench. He's been out injured a bit but not as much as you'd think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Quiet times for City. Nastasic and/or Garcia could easily be sold, with only Mangala (or Benatia if something goes wrong) coming in.

Few people musing as to why we'd sell Nastasic, it's quite simple really, the club are desperate to fast track Karim Rekik who is viewed as not only a City defender for 10 plus years but also a future club captain. He was really good in the Eredivisie and got vital Champions League experience last season and narrowly missed out on being in the Dutch World Cup squad.

Nastasic was really good in his first season but was crocked for the majority of the last and didn't demonstrate his form of the previous season when he did play.

It'd be a shame to see him go, but if it gets Rekik into the team I have no issue with it. Kompany, Mangala/Benatia, Demi and Rekik is a strong selection of CB's in my opinion.

On Garcia, whilst he was MASSIVELY improved for the 2nd half of last season and pushed Fernandinho onto the bench, ultimately Fernando seems a better option, so he's kind of surplus to requirements I guess, but i'd be happy if he stuck around another season.

Then there's the obvious departures which are pretty much just Guidetti, Richards, Rodwell and Sinclair at this point.

Taking this with a big grain of salt and pepper because if I recall you said Dzeko is for sure going and also that he sucks, and then he only went and single handedly won the league for you.

• Locked thread