Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

tarantino is overrated but still pretty good
Well the thing about Tarantino is that everyone knows what to expect in a Tarantino film, and he always delivers. I don't go into a Spielberg movie and expect him to make a gritty nihilistic noir film and get pissed off when he doesn't. Of course this limits Tarantino as an artist and keeps him from the heights of say, Kubrick or Ridley Scott, but being awesome is acceptable compared to being god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pickle dicker
May 25, 2014

by XyloJW
Foodfight!

quote:

Credited cast: Charlie Sheen, Hilary Duff, Christopher Lloyd...
In December 2002, while the film was still in development, the hard drives holding the animation were stolen. The filmmakers had to start over.
The film was originally set for release in December 2003 then it was set for release in fall 2005 and finally spring 2009 which it never was released on.
In September 2011, with the film still unreleased, bondholders forced the sale of the movie at auction - opening bid was set at $2.5 million.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uROQ9nplxIY
Budget: $65,000,000 :catstare:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

holy gently caress

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
winning

JustCait
May 28, 2014

Iggy Koopa posted:

yeah i felt the same way and dont know why people laud it as a fantastic film

I definitely don't get it

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lol did they use 3d movie maker for windows 95

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Negative Entropy posted:

Well the thing about Tarantino is that everyone knows what to expect in a Tarantino film, and he always delivers. I don't go into a Spielberg movie and expect him to make a gritty nihilistic noir film and get pissed off when he doesn't. Of course this limits Tarantino as an artist and keeps him from the heights of say, Kubrick or Ridley Scott, but being awesome is acceptable compared to being god.

yeah he has a cool gimmick and he does it well. theres just a lot of people who would tell you hes the best director ever omg tarantino have you SEEN pulp fiction

the coens are the best of the last 20 years and i hope they never die and keep on making movies because they cant make bad ones

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

yeah he has a cool gimmick and he does it well. theres just a lot of people who would tell you hes the best director ever omg tarantino have you SEEN pulp fiction

Yes I have. It was a good movie.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

no waste of talent here try again pickle

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

David Copperfield posted:

Wes anderson is about 4000x worse
Wes is much like Tarantino in that he's a gimmick but a good gimmick.
To each their own

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

mookface posted:

Lol did they use 3d movie maker for windows 95

hahaha loving 2002 CGI from an unfinished movie

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

Artificial Intelligence. Kubrick was looking to make a magnum opus before he died, Spielberg tried to make a great homage to a dear friend, and he failed miserably
Napoleon hopefully won't turn out to be the exact same thing:
http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/stanley-kubricks-napoleon-a-lot-of-work-very-little-actual-movie

America Inc. fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jul 20, 2014

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
AI was supposed to be an homage to Kubrick? Hahahahahahhahaha

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

Might as well have peed on Kubrick's grave, waste less time and money

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Negative Entropy posted:

Artificial Intelligence. Kubrick was looking to make a magnum opus before he died, Spielberg tried to make a great homage to a dear friend, and he failed miserably
Napoleon hopefully won't turn out to be the exact same thing:
http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/stanley-kubricks-napoleon-a-lot-of-work-very-little-actual-movie

spielbergs doing napoleon? drat i hope its good

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

oh wait fukc

http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/baz-luhrmann-napoleon-miniseries-steven-spielberg-hbo/

Baz Luhrmann May Direct Napoleon Miniseries For HBO

NOOOOOOO

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

There are other people who more more about this flick, but I think that at some point they lost the movie and had to remake it in a short amount of time after it was in development for decades.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Doomsday Jesus posted:

hahaha loving 2002 CGI from an unfinished movie

I've been watching food fight for the last 20 minutes because the whole thing is on YouTube and its really loving bad. Like worse than you can imagine on every level

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

Here's a video chock full of relevant material:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RmpfaGzAbM

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

baz luhrmann deserves the firing squad for what he did to the great gatsby

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Virtually all of the Star Trek films were a massive wastes of talent and potential. Sure about half of them were fun to not bad, but considering the casts at their disposal, special effects, and money spent none of the films were that great.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
I hate threads like this, because they act as enablers and echo chambers for the knuckle-dragging mouth breathers and philistines.

Still, The Matrix sequels. Star Wars prequels.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

baz luhrmann deserves the firing squad for every movie he's done

ftfy

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

It's ok, Wolf of Wall Street tackled the same material and nailed it.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Why they decided that he was the guy who should make that movie is beyond me. I couldn't even finish watching it

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

mookface posted:

I've been watching food fight for the last 20 minutes because the whole thing is on YouTube and its really loving bad. Like worse than you can imagine on every level

It gets better at the end when the whole reality just sort of breaks down and MUSICAL NUMBERS!

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

Doc Block posted:

I hate forums, because they act as enablers and echo chambers for the knuckle-dragging mouth breathers and philistines.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Brothers Grimm, a Terry Gilliam film with an actual budget.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

It gets better at the end when the whole reality just sort of breaks down and MUSICAL NUMBERS!

I could see that coming

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
AI is Spielberg trying to let us know that the Jews did 9/11.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Pick posted:

Brothers Grimm, a Terry Gilliam film with an actual budget.

Where's the talent though?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Don Tacorleone posted:

Where's the talent though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUa5oHgYV2k

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
lol so Tarantino movies aren't good because the Coen brothers make movies too lol

goony goon goon: Only the single solitary neckbeard favorite isn't lovely please give me approval

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
holy poo poo I wasn't expecting too much out of monument men but it was just so aggressively boring

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
The entire Food Fight movie is on youtube. this movie is wicked cool every1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30OqgrF_Rts

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Munsun posted:

The entire Food Fight movie is on youtube. this movie is wicked cool every1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30OqgrF_Rts

haha oh man the part where the california raisins sing an R&B battle song

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
if you watch all of FoodFight you will come out the other side either a broken man or a man who has gained a strong new appreciation for everything that is not FoodFight

watch at ur own risk

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
swap.avi

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

What does the soccer ball thing you have mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

that chipmunk character is super fuckin racist

• Locked thread