Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

But Bo, ergo buys.

Bo knows buys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Strawberry Panda posted:

I'll see how tired I am and when I run out of beer tickets I guess. I got here early and saw Speedy Ortiz, Perfect Pussy, Deafheaven, and Earl Sweatshirt all in a row so I'm pretty pooped. Plus for PPVs my friend John and I get together, order pizza and get tanked so it's something I look forward to every month. He might take work off tomorrow so we can start it later, then I can have my cake and eat it too!

cool

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Le Saboteur posted:

I feel like they're going to at least try to go all out with this PPV as this is the re subscription month for tons of people using the WWE Network.

Why do that when Summerslam is next month? :effort:

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

Aurain posted:

It's Box Office.

gently caress that, then.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Adam Rose? Adam Rules more like

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Call Me Charlie posted:

Why do that when Summerslam is next month? :effort:

I hate how true this probably will be. Why worry about keeping people when you can just lure them back?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

More Sandow, not less

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Anime Device posted:

More Sandow, not less

Someone burn this on Vince's lawn already.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Anime Device posted:

More Sandow, not less

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I hate how true this probably will be. Why worry about keeping people when you can just lure them back?

It's ten loving dollars a month and if anyone can sit there and tell me that between stuff like Countdown, WrestleMania Rewind, a metric assload of VOD, and a PPV every month isn't good value for $10, well then I guess I just don't understand the value of a dollar. Like, people being frustrated with WWE's booking is totally understandable, but there's this undertone that the Network is a terrible ripoff or something, which is baffling to me.

Anyway, not super hyped for this PPV, but predicting Rollins/Ambrose alone will be worth my :10bux: and there's a bunch of other stuff that could be good too so let's do this!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Strawberry Panda posted:

Hipster dilemma: Stay at Pitchfork fest to watch Grimes and Hudson Mohawk or leave after Real Estate and catch Battleground when it starts?

hudson puts on a good show stick around and catch a replay of the ppv if its good

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's ten loving dollars a month and if anyone can sit there and tell me that between stuff like Countdown, WrestleMania Rewind, a metric assload of VOD, and a PPV every month isn't good value for $10, well then I guess I just don't understand the value of a dollar. Like, people being frustrated with WWE's booking is totally understandable, but there's this undertone that the Network is a terrible ripoff or something, which is baffling to me.

Anyway, not super hyped for this PPV, but predicting Rollins/Ambrose alone will be worth my :10bux: and there's a bunch of other stuff that could be good too so let's do this!

the same reason you wouldn't buy a PPV if you weren't satisfied with the product?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

the same reason you wouldn't buy a PPV if you weren't satisfied with the product?

Yeah I guess my point is it's a difference of $35-$45 a month based on the traditional model and with the archives and everything it's a little disingenuous to suggest that spending ten bucks a month on the Network is the same thing as buying PPVs in the traditional model.

Voting with your wallet is totally cool, but I find it silly to act like WWE is bilking people out of money.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sandow's back in the battle royal according to the site. 21-man battle royal? Weird.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Sandow's back in the battle royal according to the site. 21-man battle royal? Weird.

Thank you.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

my predictions :negative:

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
He'll be in a silly costume and get eliminated in the first 30 seconds, I'm just glad he's on the show.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

i forget, was it at battleground '13 where big show came out and laid out both DB and Orton to end the show?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Really? This is happening? Another one?

Rally?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Asmodai_00 posted:

i forget, was it at battleground '13 where big show came out and laid out both DB and Orton to end the show?

Yes, and I've been secretly hoping for tonight's main event ending to be a callback with a weeping Brock Lesnar F-5'ing everyone in the ring.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Asmodai_00 posted:

We don't talk about Battleground 2013

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
I'm just glad that BNB will have a presence at the show, even if it is to just hand over the belt. I was legit afraid they were going to keep him out of shows and everyone forgets about him. They gotta keep doing it though, bring back the podium or whatever, remind everyone that when he comes back he's coming back for his belt or something.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Jackie D posted:

It's on the Network right now!!! :smithicide:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Stealthed Zombie posted:

I'm just glad that BNB will have a presence at the show, even if it is to just hand over the belt. I was legit afraid they were going to keep him out of shows and everyone forgets about him. They gotta keep doing it though, bring back the podium or whatever, remind everyone that when he comes back he's coming back for his belt or something.

Interactions between Bo and BNB would be amazing if Bo wins it.

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

unfortunately hideous and irreverislbe

Just think how nice that IC title's gonna look on Bo, it'll match all his ring gear and everything :allears:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah I guess my point is it's a difference of $35-$45 a month based on the traditional model and with the archives and everything it's a little disingenuous to suggest that spending ten bucks a month on the Network is the same thing as buying PPVs in the traditional model.

Voting with your wallet is totally cool, but I find it silly to act like WWE is bilking people out of money.

i want it to be a success too and i generally like WWE but nobody should feel obligated to reward mediocre booking because it doesn't encourage WWE to change anything. We have a specific thread for discussing this sort of thing so lets get back on topic and talk about what food people are eating and misspelling john cena's name (john sena)

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

guys as much as we want Bo to be the IC champ, it's going to the Miz so Sheamus can unite the belts at summerslam

and then Sheamus can unite the US/IC championship with the WWEWHC belt by beating Bork Lesnar at WM31

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Professor Funk posted:

It's on the Network right now!!! :smithicide:

Guys remember when we were all so unhappy with the direction of the Daniel Bryan booking and the clusterfuck endings and that they wouldn't put the belt on him, but at least there was a healthy DB putting on good matches in the main event at PPVs :smith:

(Edit): also Brad Maddox wasn't chained up in a cave somewhere

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Asmodai_00 posted:

and then Sheamus can unite the US/IC championship with the WWEWHC belt by beating Bork Lesnar at WM31

I would legit mark for this, Sheamus rules.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I've never actually seen last year's Battleground ending...

Seriously?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Well, I got boneless Buffalo wings, onion rings a coke. I'm ready.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Asmodai_00 posted:

guys as much as we want Bo to be the IC champ, it's going to the Miz so Sheamus can unite the belts at summerslam

also the Tag Team Titles

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i like how hot the crowd initially is for Big Show knocking out Randy Orton before they just totally deflate and realize how the show is ending with him staring down brad loving maddox

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Seriously?

It's soooo bad, worst non ending to a PPV ever.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Sandow's probably replacing Fandangoo, which is fine with me. Sandow = :10bux:

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Asmodai_00 posted:

also the Tag Team Titles

and then John Cena beats Sheamus at Summerlam '15 for the WWEWHTTDUSICC belt(s)

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Jackie D posted:

It had its moments!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Maggleground

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Seriously?

Same. This is how it ended? Awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

• Locked thread