Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I don't actively hate the product, I just have apathy for most of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TheJoker138 posted:

The amount of stuff I think is cool is way, way, way smaller than the stuff that I am either not at all interested in or actively dislike.

And that's totally cool and if you cancel more power to you, I just find it tiresome that people feel the need to super-dramatically post about it. Actually IIRC you were pretty levelheaded so no problem. Also I know those people find me equally tiresome so I'm gonna shut up about this now like I said I would several posts ago. Rage on. :)

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Also, are people really not bored out of their minds with Reigns' ring work?

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
What happened to RVD?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Pariah Rex posted:

i.e The Battle Royal was bad because Miz won!!!!
The Battle Royal was bad because people are mad at Vince instead of The Miz. The fan favorite will never get his revenge.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

What happened to RVD?

He's old and lovely and awful and who cares

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

What happened to RVD?

Hopefully he finally retired so I can stop seeing him wrestle now and getting really sad.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Professor Funk posted:

I thought he hung in there with the other three pretty well. you're asking if people are bored of Reigns in a match with Cena, Orton and Kane. He held his own.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

Professor Funk posted:

The vibe I was getting from the match was that the crowd slowly realized how limited Reigns was.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Supreme Allah posted:

I thought he hung in there with the other three pretty well. you're asking if people are bored of Reigns in a match with Cena, Orton and Kane. He held his own.

That's fair, but I'd also like to see him do, like, a suplex or something.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Honestly people saying they are cancelling and people expressing their abject disapproval of those people are both pretty much equally tiresome.

Almost as much as the WWE Product itself ohohohoho

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

TheJoker138 posted:

The amount of stuff I think is cool is way, way, way smaller than the stuff that I am either not at all interested in or actively dislike.

If I see you at a party I'm gonna push you into the pool.

Meepo
Jul 30, 2004

So I wasn't really planning on watching this PPV to begin with, but why does the WWE think that sending me notifications spoiling the matches is going to make me want to watch it later?

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The battle royal match was quite good, I'm just sad that miz won since he's not very good at wrestling. Also, because his last reign didn't produce a single good match.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

Meepo posted:

So I wasn't really planning on watching this PPV to begin with, but why does the WWE think that sending me notifications spoiling the matches is going to make me want to watch it later?

So you can see it in action on the WWE Network!!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
as a noted horrible poster, i feel qualified to say that there are some really bad posts in this thread

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The title unification should be a triple threat and Dolph should win.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

RacistGuidingLight posted:

You can try.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

LAN parties dont have pools and i dont think emilie autumn concerts do either

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

well the wrestling itself was really good tonight

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.

Professor Funk posted:

It is boring but I hope he keeps slowly improving, Also I refuse to boo him or do anything that may be perceived as negative towards him because he is the closest we've come to anyone replacing Cena and I don't care how hard they try to shove a new guy down our throat the prospect of a WWE with a new top guy is too good to ruin.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I was planning on skipping Battleground because what a boring loving card, and the WWE deciding to send me spoilers didn't exactly help. Any worthwhile matches at all?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

CapnAndy posted:

I was planning on skipping Battleground because what a boring loving card, and the WWE deciding to send me spoilers didn't exactly help. Any worthwhile matches at all?

Tag match, Battle Royale

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Like you'd be invited to a party.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

CapnAndy posted:

wyatts usos

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

nothing to go out of your way for

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

CapnAndy posted:

Usos/Wyatts

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

Usos/Wyatts was a legit MOTYC.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I think the people who hate the dramatic "not auto-renewing" posts would have more leg to stand on if the commentators weren't dramatically saying "PLEASE RENEW" as often (if not moreso) than the posts are being made

Daniel Bryan posted:

I don't actively hate the product, I just have apathy for most of it.

There's great things just like there are bad things, but there's not really reason to care about either. Everybody who you could care about is either hurt (Bryan, Barrett), didn't wrestle (Ambrose, Rollins), seem like they don't care (Cena's looked bored at the end of both this and last PPV in addition to his post-show interview), or isn't back yet (Brock)

ed: nthing the Wyatt/Usos recommendation

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

CapnAndy posted:

The tag match was incredible.

(beaten like 20 times)

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Professor Funk posted:

Usos/Wyatts was a legit MOTYC.

lol

have you never seen a match outside of the WWE or seen that match already like 4 times this year with the exact same spots

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The vibe I was getting from the match was that the crowd slowly realized how limited Reigns was.

The vibe I got was the crowd went crazier and crazier until they realized he wasn't winning and how bad Kane took those spears.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

That DICK! posted:

It would be cool if someone had both titles and lost them like Eurocontinental match with Angle.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

That DICK! posted:

Why would you have a popular person unify the belts when it could be a perennial disappointment who hasn't been hot in months?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Zyla posted:

well the wrestling itself was really good tonight

Funny enough and it may have been the finishes, but I thought there were a lot of dangerous botches. The Sheamus/Ziggler botch was between two amazing workers, and Ziggler almost landed flat on the top of his head. AJ/Paige had a few bad botches.

Overall, I almost got the impression of the talent phoning it in.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

I think the people who hate the dramatic "not auto-renewing" posts would have more leg to stand on if the commentators weren't dramatically saying "PLEASE RENEW" as often (if not moreso) than the posts are being made

you mean to tell me that a business is going to promote their business

holy gently caress

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

Professor Funk posted:

I've never liked Reigns, or at least had nothing more but indifference towards him. So far his moveset basically consists of a punch, a spear, a spear THROUGH A BARRICADE, and that leg drop boot thing. For all the "Five Moves of Dooooooom" poo poo Cena unjustly gets, Reigns is a much much worse offender.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I just think some people are being way overdramatic in the wake of a wet fart of a B-Show PPV.

I'm legit confused over the rage over it. WWE has made it VERY clear through recent years that some PPV are filler between big shows. It was crystal clear to me this would be one of those filler shows, and I'm not sure why anyone had anything but extremely low expectations.

The Summerslam poster leaked. Cena is facing Brock. If you follow wresting online and did not know Cena would retain tonight, I don't know what to tell you.

Plenty of annoying details that sucked, but by and large folks should have known nothing big was happening tonight.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Yuriy posted:

lol

have you never seen a match outside of the WWE or seen that match already like 4 times this year with the exact same spots

Rowan not double-homiciding the Usos bumps it up a star

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Yuriy posted:

lol

It was a very good match with some great nearfalls and one super believeable false finish. I must've forgotten those other 4 matches they did this year that featured a fighting spirit spot. I don't know if I'd call it a MOTYC but when it requires thought to figure it out it was a great match.

• Locked thread