Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

he killed owen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cardboard Box posted:

he's a cool dude, except for all those parts where he's a gigantic loving scumbag creep

And his reported love of the N word.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

that ties into being a scumbag pretty well

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Get rid of Russo, Dixie (the rest of the Carters if they refuse), Aries, Kenny King, Low Ki, Davey Richards, Rampage, King Mo, Lashley, maybe the Menagerie (if not the entire group, either some members or just their bad gimmick), and maybe Lagana

If you can still call the remnants TNA, that's what it'd take for me.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cardboard Box posted:

that ties into being a scumbag pretty well

I originally meant to reply to coco but Russo wasn't worth hitting back or thinking of a new post.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Why does everyone hate Aries so much? I mean, I get the idea that he's a jerk, but it's not like that's anything new in the wrasslin' business is it? The guy can work and make his opponents look great. Is there some horrendous behind the scenes stuff I missed?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Apple Craft posted:

Why does everyone hate Aries so much? I mean, I get the idea that he's a jerk, but it's not like that's anything new in the wrasslin' business is it? The guy can work and make his opponents look great. Is there some horrendous behind the scenes stuff I missed?
Among other things:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j1fHjW-I0s

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Apple Craft posted:

he's a crazy conspiracy nut in the worst possible way like he goes beyond being just a jerk

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Hitler Russo is a pretty cool guy if you ignore his work, his opinion on women, non whites, non white women especially, politics, religion, charity, morality, homosexuality or anything he's previously done in his work.

Other than that he's a swell dude.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Apple Craft posted:

Aries was kind of likable to sociopaths like myself because he was such a loving douche in real life that it was kind of endearing. (Like Jamie Varner.) Then he got into the Boston Bombing conspiracy tweets, the sexually harassing Christy Hemme and other idiocy and it was just dumb.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
The only reasonable thing he's done lately is complain about switching back to the 6 sided ring being a bad idea for the sake of the wrestlers' health but his previous behavior just made people want to vote for its reinstatement to spite him.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Aries searches for his name on twitter and possibly forums, so it's fun to hate on him.

Chris James 2 posted:

and maybe Lagana
Dave "When did we say it was round robin?" Lagana?
Fire him into the sun.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
He is an entertaining wrestle man. Most wrestlers are nuts or scummy. I think Aries exploits are pretty tame on the scale of wrestler lunacy. He just has twitter to use as a mouthpiece so it seems worse than it actually is. Vince McMahon literally books himself to sexually assault women. Steve Austin beat the poo poo out of his wife. Hulk Hogan had a hand in turning a man into a vegetable and then said that the guy probably had a beef with god. Aries is probably a solid five or six on the scummy wrestler. If a wrestler being a terrible person really bothers you, you probably shouldn't watch wrestling. WWE's color commentator once raped a man in a shower with a shampoo bottle. It's a lovely, scummy, carny industry full of weirdos.

Zack_Gochuck fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Jul 22, 2014

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I dislike Aries because the company did their usual "UH UH gently caress LONG TERM BOOKING, gently caress PUTTING OVER OUR GUYS" poo poo they always do, this time keeping my (at the time) favorite wrestler in the world James Storm from winning the TNA Title at Bound For Glory, to put over "Man From ROH", probably because he was buddies with the booker. Aries got to be in the main event of Bound For Glory, Storm finally going over Roode after a year of build was in the first hour. gently caress TNA.

Then it turned out that this guy whose booking and promos I was unhappy with was a total shithead whose response to the Boston Bombings was #AskQuestions, so I have no reason at all to like him.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

Great White Hope posted:

I dislike Aries because the company did their usual "UH UH gently caress LONG TERM BOOKING, gently caress PUTTING OVER OUR GUYS" poo poo they always do, this time keeping my (at the time) favorite wrestler in the world James Storm from winning the TNA Title at Bound For Glory, to put over "Man From ROH", probably because he was buddies with the booker. Aries got to be in the main event of Bound For Glory, Storm finally going over Roode after a year of build was in the first hour. gently caress TNA.

Oh yeah, that was hosed. That was really the beginning of the end of that good run in 2012. They threw like a year of booking out the window to hotshot the title.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gonzo McFee posted:

Hitler Russo is a pretty cool guy if you ignore his work, his opinion on women, non whites, non white women especially, politics, religion, charity, morality, homosexuality or anything he's previously done in his work.

Other than that he's a swell dude.

But he sells a T-Shirt that says Fire Russo

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I think it's telling that in a business where most people with massive egos who become born-again Christians (HBK) gain a personal revelation about themselves and work to make amends and sort themselves out, Russo seems to be one of the cases who found god and somehow became even more of a scumbag than he was before. "Oh, all you people hate me, that's OK, I don't need your forgiveness or love, I have God's. :smug:"

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
There's probably a 0-1% chance of TNA ever making the old weekly PPVs available for purchase in any format, right? There's not even any chance of WWE buying them and adding their archive to the network? I've had an urge to watch them lately. I never actually saw them on TV ever since I lived in Nashville and went to every stupid weekly PPV except one or two. I thought it would be cool to see myself in the front row as a kid.

Also, there's never really been any... big history of TNA in Nashville sort of article or book or anywhere, right? I've been weirdly interested in trying to pull together something like that possibly when I move back to Nashville. There was so much weird, hilarious, gross poo poo going on on camera and off pretty much at all times. I really wish I had kept a journal / had a smartphone back then to still have all the pictures.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Pet Rock Band posted:

Also, there's never really been any... big history of TNA in Nashville sort of article or book or anywhere, right?

Alvarez is re-releasing the Death of WCW book with a few chapters on TNA I think? Doubt it would go into things in any great depth though.

Edit: I can't picture WWE airing TNA on the Network. So much of it is just so awful, misogynous, racist, etc. All they need is some reporter to skim the Network and say "WWE airs midget masturbating in a trashcan: what is this teaching our children???"

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jul 22, 2014

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Pet Rock Band posted:

There's not even any chance of WWE buying them and adding their archive to the network?

If WWE buys TNA, it's possible the weeklies end up on the Network, but I'd expect them to put up Impact first, since it's much, much higher quality video than the weeklies.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Some of those weeklies have content that I could see WWE not wanting to touch with a ten-foot-pole. The stuff about Russo killing Owen? Like gently caress WWE would put that on the Network. And if you take that out, what's the point of keeping the rest?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Yeah TNA doesn't really have the following to justify putting all it's back content on the network like an ECW would, nor the nostalgia factor of the territorial stuff. If WWE got the rights it would likely only be to cherry pick matches for DVDs and out of what seems to be a desire for the complete back catalogues of all televised wrestling.

Here's hoping for blunders countdown: TNA edition one day

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Great White Hope posted:

If WWE buys TNA, it's possible the weeklies end up on the Network, but I'd expect them to put up Impact first, since it's much, much higher quality video than the weeklies.

There is so much racism, sexism and homophobia on the weeklies that WWE might not want that stuff on the Network. It makes the Attitude era look PC.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

There is so much racism, sexism and homophobia on the weeklies that WWE might not want that stuff on the Network. It makes the Attitude era look PC.

Yes, but the weeklies have the Dupps, which is a point in favor of Vince going "We need to promote this now, dammit!"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WWE will never purchase TNA. Not even post-bankruptcy.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Great White Hope posted:

Yes, but the weeklies have the Dupps, which is a point in favor of Vince going "We need to promote this now, dammit!"

You didn't specify how many points they were with regards to Dupp Cup standings.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I'd like to see someone like Cornette buy the TNA library and just burn it all.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Pet Rock Band posted:

There's probably a 0-1% chance of TNA ever making the old weekly PPVs available for purchase in any format, right? There's not even any chance of WWE buying them and adding their archive to the network? I've had an urge to watch them lately. I never actually saw them on TV ever since I lived in Nashville and went to every stupid weekly PPV except one or two. I thought it would be cool to see myself in the front row as a kid.

Also, there's never really been any... big history of TNA in Nashville sort of article or book or anywhere, right? I've been weirdly interested in trying to pull together something like that possibly when I move back to Nashville. There was so much weird, hilarious, gross poo poo going on on camera and off pretty much at all times. I really wish I had kept a journal / had a smartphone back then to still have all the pictures.

every single one of them is on youtube #KeepThisAlive

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Why wouldn't WWE want to feature the time AJ Styles burst into the S.E.X. locker room with a chainsaw and then proceeded to call Glen Gilberti a human being?!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

A top 10 TNA matches DVD that's just ten different Joe/Daniels/Styles triple-threats.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

A top 10 TNA matches DVD that's just ten different Joe/Daniels/Styles triple-threats.

They only had 2 or 3. Maybe if they use different angles, they could get to 10 with them.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Put Jenna/Sharmell on it

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Buy the TNA library to get all of Scott Steiner talking into a microphone and burn the rest.

Lotus Brony
Feb 21, 2012

by Cowcaster
A "Worst-Of" TNA compilation would take a while to get through though. So maybe if you can't be known for doing something great, get remembered for producing bad stuff? :confused:

RagingHematoma
Apr 19, 2004

Goiters can be beautiful too!
http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/329565/Bobby-Lashley-and-MVP-Comment-on-WWEs-New-Group.htm

Kenny King and Bobby Lashley comment on the WWEs new group.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Lotus Brony posted:

A "Worst-Of" TNA compilation would take a while to get through though. So maybe if you can't be known for doing something great, get remembered for producing bad stuff? :confused:

"Worst of TNA" is a good idea for a thread.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

We already have that thread. It's every TNA thread.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Best case scenario the WWE treats their group similarly to how Zeb works it.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Chris James 2 posted:

They only had 2 or 3. Maybe if they use different angles, they could get to 10 with them.

That "Top 50 Moments in TNA History" they put out close to a decade ago showed Toby Keith suplexing Jarrett(from the very first weekly PPV) in three different spots on the list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Pet Rock Band posted:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1412028787?pc_redir=1404706158&robot_redir=1

• Locked thread