Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me
I think we would all have a lot to learn from these segments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

ScienceAndMusic posted:

I think I'm gonna do it in segments. Its simply an information overload to do it all at once. I will do it in 15 minute segments.

Start a fresh thread, let's do it together! :buddy::hf::buddy:

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
Edit: Made a new thread. See here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3652570

ScienceAndMusic fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jul 22, 2014

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Ripoff posted:

Also, holy poo poo I am never touching a motorcycle anywhere near some of those places. :stare: Especially some of the drunken scooter rampages you see where they straight-up head on collide with another scooter and everyone is laying around unconscious (or dead). Then you watch as the uncaring public just rides on by like "whatever, not my problem".

That's a big problem up in northern Thailand - traffic is already unpredictable but the hill tribes people love to get shitfaced and drive. I still plan on riding but...

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Ola posted:

Most of the helpful tips will be "don't Russia".

Russian Motorcycling choose your own adventure

As you ride your motorcycle through the streets of a metropolitan section of Russia, you see heavy traffic ahead. There is just enough room between the cars for you to lane split should you choose to do so (you do because this is Russia and there is no other option). You think briefly on this choice you and then:

A) Nothing can defeat me! WoT!!!!

You speed between the cars, your favorite Russian rap tune blasting in your ears. Before long you approach 150 kph in the narrow 3 ft corridor of cars when you realize the two cars ahead are not spaced so far apart as the others. It is too late to brake, and you know this. However, it is ok, because like a true Russian you didn't wear anything resembling proper gear. So instead of becoming a cripple you died.

B) Pop a wheelie!

As you approach the cars and begin to navigate between them when, for no discernible reason besides your own insanity, you decide to pop a wheelie. As your adrenaline surges and the wind roars past your face you feel a sense of freedom you have never sensed before. It is then you realize your motorcycle is in fact 15 ft behind you next to the car you collided with. Your flight through the air, though thrilling, is brief and ends with your face sliding across the ground and a concussion from slamming into another car. You bleed out and die.

C) Slow and steady.

You slow your motorcycle to a prudent speed and begin navigating through the cars. As you pass next to a semi truck a car suddenly pulls out from in front of the semi making an illegal left hand turn in the middle of the road. It's too late to not hit the car, but your prudent driving means the hit isn't so bad, and merely knocks you off the motorcycle onto your back. Seeing the accident the man in the semi decides he doesn't want to wait around for the car to clear our, and backs his truck up to go around. Unfortunately when you landed your head was just behind the wheels of said semi. Your head got squished and you died.

D) Use the oncoming lanes!

Being the smart person that you are you notice there is much less traffic in the oncoming lanes. You gun the throttle and wave bye-bye to the idiots and their stupid traffic. You run head long into a truck and die instantly.

E) Make a right turn.

"gently caress if I'm driving through that," you think. Instead you take the first right turn available as fast as you can. Mid-way through the turn you accidentally run over an old woman. You look around briefly to make sure there are no cameras and then speed off before anyone can report you to the police.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I pick E)

Turns out, the old lady was wearing a camera. I am tracked down and beaten to death by drunk cops.

Lesson: don't Russia at all.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

In russia death by misadventure literally makes up 25% of male fatalities under 55. Its a loving insane country.

edit: Add it up with alcohol related deaths:

wiki posted:

A recent study blamed alcohol for more than half the deaths (52%) among Russians aged 15 to 54 from 1990 to 2001.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

ScienceAndMusic posted:

In russia death by misadventure literally makes up 25% of male fatalities under 55. Its a loving insane country.

What in the world else are you supposed to die of under 55? Anything higher on the pareto probably should be a lot more preventable.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

ScienceAndMusic posted:

edit: Add it up with alcohol related deaths:

Yeah but I'm pretty sure "Stepping outside" counts as misadventure, if not attempted suicide, in Russia.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

Snowdens Secret posted:

What in the world else are you supposed to die of under 55? Anything higher on the pareto probably should be a lot more preventable.

Bear in mind misadventure does not actually contain car collisions generally, the number one killer of young people in most every other country. Furthermore cancer, auto collisions, and overdosing/alcohol poisoning are generally the leading cause of death for most young adults. In russia its mostly idiots getting drunk and jumping off things and what not. I also think running in traffic counts since they are not in a car.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

This looks awesome. Thanks!

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

ScienceAndMusic posted:

In russia its mostly idiots getting drunk and jumping off things and what not.

This sentence seems so much like hyperbole and yet it's not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZKA0iNvePc

(the guy lived, Darwin snaps his fingers angrily)

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Furthermore cancer, auto collisions, and overdosing/alcohol poisoning are generally the leading cause of death for most young adults.

Exactly. Those should be curable / preventable. Apparently glorious Russia has the West beat there, perhaps????

(I know they don't)

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

That backwards endo was mindblowing, holy poo poo.

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not

M42 posted:

It's that time of year again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxjtv6PCSVQ

be warned, there are a number of quite a few clips from fatal accidents :nms:

The Aussie guy at 2:00ish makes me so happy. Faaaaaaaaack.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Seriously, how the gently caress is that even possible?

e: I mean the original, backwards endo one

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I must go now, my planet needs me

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Yeah but I'm pretty sure "Stepping outside" counts as misadventure, if not attempted suicide, in Russia.

Having lived in Russia, it is just as much of a mad-max style hellhole as the internet would lead you to believe. In some areas you can get alcohol in lieu of part of your pay. Mainly for tax dodging purposes and the workers go along with it because it they're just going to spend the cash on booze anyway.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpuuBtZaxyk

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, maybe he just has narcolepsy :shrug:

Though I bet that's one of the conditions that they don't let you drive if you have it.

Though I know enough old farts who absolutely shouldn't be driving because they're half blind or entirely deaf or have reflexes measured in minutes and they just do their best to never let the DMV find out, so

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
Looks more like a case of a very important (tm) text that just absolutely could not wait until he got to the office because he'll be goddamned if Robertson steals the Magnate account!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

HotCanadianChick posted:

Looks more like a case of a very important (tm) text that just absolutely could not wait until he got to the office because he'll be goddamned if Robertson steals the Magnate account!

You can see his head back on the headrest, and that lady says "somethings wrong with him looks like". Dude was clearly snoozin or passed out or something

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

You can see his head back on the headrest, and that lady says "somethings wrong with him looks like". Dude was clearly snoozin or passed out or something

Oh well poo poo, nevermind then. I watched it originally on my phone with the sound down, at that size I couldn't make out much but it looked like his head was tilted down like he was looking in his lap or something.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Overserious armchair engineer critique about the handlebar ergonomics and fork.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Maybe its just the angle of the picture, but that bike looks like it has about a 15" wheelbase.

Also lol at the front suspension pulling down on the leafspring, and also at a leafspring on a bike

Tanbo
Nov 19, 2013

It looks like a Bigwheel, just needs some pedals on the front forks.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
I didn't know motorcycles could suffer from fetal alcohol syndrome.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

M42 posted:

It's that time of year again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxjtv6PCSVQ

be warned, there are a number of quite a few clips from fatal accidents :nms:

A lot of those clips involve people low-siding at low speeds and in parking lots. I can't imagine that it's all down to oil spills or gravel, are people really that lovely at bikes that they just low-side randomly?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:mootmoot:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

clutchpuck posted:

Overserious armchair engineer critique about the handlebar ergonomics and fork.

What's that tube with a red top sticking out from the gas tank supposed to be?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Collateral Damage posted:

What's that tube with a red top sticking out from the gas tank supposed to be?

fuel level

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Speaking of, has anyone identified the infamous :mootmoot: crash in any of the no prisoner vids? He just lost it for no apparent reason on an off ramp or something wasn't it?

Motsew
Dec 31, 2004

Test rode a GSXR-750 and CB1000R the other day. As much as I enjoyed the Suzuki and would love to have one, I just can't. It's way too loving fast for the road, I'd lose my license. The CB thou was immense fun though and a proper bike I could hoon about. The dealer asked me what I got out of it and I just told him there were no more chicken strips on it :)

http://imgur.com/a/b2HUH

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Motsew posted:

Test rode a GSXR-750 and CB1000R the other day. As much as I enjoyed the Suzuki and would love to have one, I just can't. It's way too loving fast for the road, I'd lose my license. The CB thou was immense fun though and a proper bike I could hoon about. The dealer asked me what I got out of it and I just told him there were no more chicken strips on it :)

http://imgur.com/a/b2HUH

I didn't know there was a repsol cb1000r, that's pretty sexy.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

slidebite posted:

Speaking of, has anyone identified the infamous :mootmoot: crash in any of the no prisoner vids? He just lost it for no apparent reason on an off ramp or something wasn't it?

He was approaching an offramp and entirely failed to turn, went dead straight into the gravel runoff, and hit the brakes and fell over.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Sagebrush posted:

He was approaching an offramp and entirely failed to turn, went dead straight into the gravel runoff, and hit the brakes and fell over.

Sounds like a cartoon.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Bored at work, took a picture of these gloves

Hnasty bought them in 2003 and here they are still getting used every day. I don't think I will ever be able to replace them with something as comfortable and/or with as much protection as these have

Motsew
Dec 31, 2004

Schroeder91 posted:

I didn't know there was a repsol cb1000r, that's pretty sexy.

There isn't, it's a custom job.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

captainOrbital posted:

Sounds like a cartoon.

Not a cartoon, a legend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010