Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Is it weird that I literally don't give a poo poo about my rank?

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Not weird, admirable even, but its definitely unusual.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Yes, you should care way more about video games.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

Thom P. Tiers posted:

What are you some sort of loving casual?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I just care if I win or lose and if I play well or not :(

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Shadowlz posted:

Just hook up a 2nd computer with another csgo alt and queue with it.

Yeah but then I'd have to own multiple accounts with CS GO on them and I'm not nerdy enough to do that thanks.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Not at all, I dont give a gently caress either, most of the time I just want to shootmans and have some good times without having everbody get all angry and try-hard about it.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I just care if I win or lose and if I play well or not :(

lovely Analogy Alert.

Rank is to skill as IQ is to intelligence. Noone really cares about the former but we'd all like more of the latter.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Yeah but then I'd have to own multiple accounts with CS GO on them and I'm not nerdy enough to do that thanks.

Pretend that I posted a screenshot of my steam friends list here

<steam alias: xp>
<steam alias: xp alt 1>
<steam alias: xp alt 2>
<steam alias: xp alt 99999>

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Just crazy to me how many people in matchmaking games constantly talk about rank and ask what rank players are throughout the game. Annoying as poo poo, just play, and if you suck, then you suck.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Are the steam servers down?

What perfect timing, at least it isn't my lovely internet freaking out

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 28, 2014

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Goofballs posted:

Yes.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Just crazy to me how many people in matchmaking games constantly talk about rank and ask what rank players are throughout the game. Annoying as poo poo, just play, and if you suck, then you suck.

You dont even necessarily have to suck completely even, you could just suck comparatively to everybody else. A lot of people play this game, there is always going to be someone better than you. Or maybe just having a better day than you.

Much as I hate assholes that just cant grasp this concept, dudes with twitch.tv names that are like this are by far the worst.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Ghosting the poo poo out of streamers owns.

Sii
Apr 8, 2009

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Thank God, I thought I was the only one.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
If you don't care about your rank then why are you even playing?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Goofballs posted:

What perfect timing, at least it isn't my lovely internet freaking out

It's back up. I didn't get any credit for my MM 16-2 win and now have to get 9 more wins on a map I can't stand.

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!
Streamer the Deag League beat last night:

http://www.twitch.tv/callmehhawke/b/552015114

Deagin' starts at 52:45. The guys with japanese (?) characters in their names had just played us the previous match, that's why one of them asks the other if they should abandon or not.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Hahaha they are really mad (about videogames (and deags))

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

"These deagles are stupidly OP" :lol:

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Just start every match with "good luck my fellow single aks" in mm2 and instill the fear of having the worst player on their team.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

You guys are going to laugh at my casual rear end but ... "fun"?

I dont know maybe I probably wouldve given a poo poo about rank if they'd had it in 1.6 when I was like 15.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Wrong game, I think. If you want fun, play dota.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

When solo queueing at nova 4 I find that level of backbiting and back seat gaming is not exactly uncommon the moment it gets rough at all. Its like they all know for a fact bitching your teammates out when you are dead makes them play better and respond to communication in the future

yup, 2 back to back losses mostly caused by super edgy teenagers having hissy fits. A pleasant time was not achieved. Maybe a goon man will kick off with decent humans in it and I can get shot in the head at 150ms

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jul 29, 2014

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

CancerStick posted:

Over 2000 hours and I'm still only a loving DMG.

Same. I'm trash.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Play like a badge you're gonna stay a badge. You can aim your way into DMG.

mcvey fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jul 29, 2014

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Wrong game, I think. If you want fun, play dota.

jesus, I'd rather play multiplayer bad rats thanks

and I mostly have fun when I play. Granted I play a lot on a chill gungame server and with a few other good-vibes people I met in playing casual. I just want to relax and shoot dudes I guess \/:shobon:\/

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
I'm still doing my placements, but the couple of games I've had on Dust2 so far had me top fragging by quite a wide margin. I'm thinking it might be better for my play in the long run to take Dust2 out of my competitive queue altogether until I get my next few wins at least, since I'm so used to it. Seems like if I keep it in my rotation it will probably pop first almost every time and I imagine doing all of my initial matches there is probably a bad idea.

I'm thinking of queuing just for Inferno, Mirage, Nuke, and Cache. Also I don't really care where I end up ranked either, since the lower I am the easier it should be to climb out if I make the effort to improve.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

augustob posted:

Deagin' starts at 52:45. The guys with japanese (?) characters in their names had just played us the previous match, that's why one of them asks the other if they should abandon or not.

this is hilarious and I hope one day that I queue up for a pug MM and see the entire other team is Deag:Le

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

augustob posted:

:laffo: "I don't understand this! :saddowns:"

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Abisteen posted:

I'm still doing my placements, but the couple of games I've had on Dust2 so far had me top fragging by quite a wide margin. I'm thinking it might be better for my play in the long run to take Dust2 out of my competitive queue altogether until I get my next few wins at least, since I'm so used to it. Seems like if I keep it in my rotation it will probably pop first almost every time and I imagine doing all of my initial matches there is probably a bad idea.

I'm thinking of queuing just for Inferno, Mirage, Nuke, and Cache. Also I don't really care where I end up ranked either, since the lower I am the easier it should be to climb out if I make the effort to improve.

Yeah, you're on the right track. Play solo for those first 10 wins and see where you get placed.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

augustob posted:

this is amazing because the entire team melts down along with it

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Someone make a Deagle League comp video to the beat of Jungle. I'm too lazy to do it.

sct
Mar 15, 2006

I don't want to go.

augustob posted:

This was so much fun. Probably the most fun I have ever had in MM.

Also everyone should join Deag:Le. Our first game I got a grand total of 4 kills but by the last game I was top fraggin. Deag:Le made me a better player. Video Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYCt_Ocem2I

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
The one positive the deagle does to your overall gameplay is it teaches you patience before firing. It's fun as hell, but it also does that.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I you haven't picked up multikills with a fast-as-you-can-fire cycling of a deagle clip, I don't know what to tell you

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Someone invite my smurf into the Deag Group thanks

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

augustob posted:

drat you guys broke him.

1:23:10 Round 22 aka the meltdown round was my favourite

Daeno fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jul 29, 2014

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Deag me!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197999230719

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad 2 Da Bone
Feb 13, 2012

Daeno posted:

drat you guys broke him.

1:23:10 Round 22 aka the meltdown round was my favourite

This is wonderful, that voice squeaking at 1:24:15. Deagles are OP.

• Locked thread