Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Silver Alicorn posted:

thatch is pretty cheap, probably

probably but u rly want to get someone who knows what their doing. a thatch roof done by an expert, properly, will last longer than the fanciest standinging seam metal roof installed by an idiot. a bunch of mexicans working for a subcontractor did mine and they did an awesome job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
the expensive part is that half of what those guys get paid the employer pays in workers comp insurance and they have to have that if theyre licensed insured bonded.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Silver Alicorn posted:

thatch is pretty cheap, probably

nope

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
just do it yourself, duh!!

veilo
Jul 17, 2010

Never posts
Hey OP,

What kind of loose women could you pick up at the microsoft store that opened near you ?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I just sniffed a bottle of menthol crystals and one had got stick I'm throat

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

poo poo mate that sucks

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it just felt like i had airwaves gum stuck in my throat

menthol owns

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

added bonus to cheating death

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
success

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

They don't sell graphics cards or any sort of PC upgrades. I can't buy proper mice there or non-poo poo keyboards. No internal or external hard drives can be purchased, I can't buy routers or LAN devices. They don't sell PC games either.

I can buy a shitload of crappy laptops, tablets, and refurbished and new Xbox ones though.

I asked about the 360 and they didn't even offer that.

What is this store good for if I can't help me get my PC game on? Seriously Microsoft used to be all about PC gaming, what happened?
http://youtu.be/KN0K58EfJSg?t=42s

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i want a big loving metal door

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

why does that dog have hooves

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

echinopsis posted:

I just sniffed a bottle of menthol crystals and one had got stick I'm throat

i would like to do this

fisherman's friend just isnt strong enough

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

bobbilljim posted:

i would like to do this

fisherman's friend just isnt strong enough

cepocal is your next step up, your cough drops always needed to be laced with benzocaine

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
im not sick or anything, i just like mints

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
why the gently caress would you paint your roof jus get different colored shingles, goddamn.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Squinty Applebottom posted:

lol if you don't have hand made artisanal doors for ike 5 or 6k a piece

every single door in my house is a different size, and they're all solid wood and are heavy as heck

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

also to stay on topic, the mall of america has a microsoft store directly across from the apple store. hmm.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Elder Postsman posted:

also to stay on topic, the mall of america has a microsoft store directly across from the apple store. hmm.

well, osmosis is the best idea they have had yet since trying to interpret and copy hasn't shown successful.

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
Holding out for monster truck madness 3

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

French Canadian posted:

Holding out for monster truck madness 3

speaking of which i still love their unevenly branded poo poo

like, i googled for microsoft games EVEN THINKING ABOUT a 1990s esque looking page that may have referenced it (monster truck madness)

the real page is this:

http://www.microsoft.com/games/

which apparently was last updated for windows 8 release and makes no mention of xbox one

and uses their "dummy template" sort of web ui and nothing to bring it into their whole site

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
lammo i clicked thru to some of their webpage

and clicked on a 200 dollar netbook

this is their image of their answer to the genius bar i guess

Support from Answer Desk

Enjoy worry-free technical support and protection. Our friendly Answer Techs can answer your questions, resolve your problems, and help safeguard your new device.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

lol forever

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

theadder posted:

lol forever

look how smug that guy is

"suck it apple store! you wouldn't hire me well guess who did!! haha! and im right across from you now! eat my pants!"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
they look fun

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Smythe posted:

they look fun

with no traffic through the store you gotta get used to partying it up instead of working

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
lucky them.

'i love being swamped at my retail job' -said nbody ever

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

seems like u want some middle ground where u have something to do maybe they can use their iphones idk

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Smythe posted:

lucky them.

'i love my minions being swamped at ... hold on i need to finish stacking this cash money' -said people making lots of money off how many people love how great apple products are and their service/stores

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sniep posted:

'i love my minions being swamped at ... hold on i need to finish stacking this cash money' -said people making lots of money off how many people love how great apple products are and their service/stores

i dont think the ppl in the fun colors are the corporate retail store bosses. i think theyre the retail workers, which they are. whcih is why they dont like being swamped. face it dude, you really blew it on this one.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
in your blind zeal to lampoon those poor ppl u impaled urself on ur own pike. RIP

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
oh i understand how you misread my statements, no, i was not referring to the retail employees but the corporate ones who were stacking all that cash money.

the retail employees understand they are in a retail job, usually in college at the same time from what i've found in my trips to apple stores. they don't expect to stack bills however they do seem happy to have the chance to work with a big name in their upcoming hopeful career path

working at a microsoft store must be like that plus that element je ne sais quoi such like running a lemonade stand that nobody visits

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

lucky them.

almost everyone else i know loves being busy in retail because it makes the day go quickly

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

lol

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
can you imagine if something actually did become popular at a microsoft store? holy hell

do they even have contingency plans in place for that?

if an apple store becomes too busy to manage, they form lines within a mall to the nearest exit and have people queue up outside it, so that things can work smoothly taking in new customers one by one as they are able to

they have people willingly stand in lines which can extend out of the mall into the parking lot to get into their store

i dont think wearing similar retail outfits and name badges is going to confuse anyone and if it does they are going to ask if they can get a new iphone or whatever and be pointed to the line

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
just epic cargo culting

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

echinopsis posted:

almost everyone else i know loves being busy in retail because it makes the day go quickly

when i worked retail i didnt like when ppl came into the store, just a report from my corner of the internet

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sniep posted:

oh i understand how you misread my statements, no, i was not referring to the retail employees but the corporate ones who were stacking all that cash money.

ur statements were not relevent to the discussion, the discussion about the retail workers. they were total non sequiturs and not like 'the farside' comic but more l;ike a brain addled by adderall or methamphetamine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol

• Locked thread