Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

dialhforhero posted:

Sadly, I haven't bought the network for these reason:

1.) Hulu plays every televised show. Sure, the day after, but everything. They are also only 90 minute RAWs on Hulu and I'm PERFECTLY fine with that. I also have no desire to watch any of that other schlock content they have exclusive to the network. I can live without watching old PPV's just fine, also.
2.) I can't usually watch RAW live, and when I do, I can watch it streamed for free on the internet. I'm fine with that.
3.) I like to watch pay-per-views, sure, but I also like to watch them with other people as I am not socially retarded. I have a friend who has the network who invites people over to his house to watch ppv's, thus eliminating any further value to having the network when considering the previous two reasons.

Strictly speaking, if the WWE found a way to get rid of the first two reasons--I'd probably get the network.

The annotated RAW cuts the best parts. From this week's RAW, my favorite three parts are the Bo Dallas match, the Stardust promo, and the Damien Sandow match. Guess which three things got cut?

I wish they'd cut the other poo poo, honestly. Oh wow, Roman Reigns is facing the DEMON KANE?! I CAN'T MISS THIS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

That DICK! posted:

The annotated RAW cuts the best parts. From this week's RAW, my favorite three parts are the Bo Dallas match, the Stardust promo, and the Damien Sandow match. Guess which three things got cut?

I wish they'd cut the other poo poo, honestly. Oh wow, Roman Reigns is facing the DEMON KANE?! I CAN'T MISS THIS!

I usually can catch a RAW about 1 hour into the show (via streaming), so I actually got to see all three of these things. I missed Jericho coming out to set up his Rollins match, so I used Hulu to watch that on Tuesday.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
If they edited Raw to be nothing but three hours of Sandow, Bo, and The Dusts, I wouldn't miss a single one on Hulu.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

D Lambent posted:

Okay, that makes more sense. I'm not familiar with the Network's layout or it's operation whatsoever so I had no clue that they placed bookmarks on the shows with wrestlers names. I can see why they did that more than I can anything else. I thought they were cutting him out of any pre-match segments and things like that. Just misunderstood what exactly was being said, my bad.

They have edited the presentation re: Benoit in the past. I seem to remember some DVDs where they muted any commentary mention of him. And they used to cut his matches and segments on the old On Demand service. I was watching a Nitro where Gene is going "Ladies and gentlemen, Steve McMichael, Arn Anderson, (conspicuous silence) and Ric Flair, the Four Horsemen!"

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010
I really want to see Sandow (As Sandowngo maybe?) vs. Fandango, since it appears that neither man is allowed to win a match right now and at this rate, they're bound to run into each other on the undercard. And then have Bo Dallas be Damien Sandow's life coach and tag partner, just for the hilariously awkward segments those guys could make.

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.
I pay for the network, and I don't really use it. I've just watched so much WWE online, it's a way to give back that I don't have to think about!

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think you underestimate how popular Roman was, and still is honestly.

Reigns really needs to keep improving between now and this hypothetical Rumble return for Bryan. If he's firing on all cylinders as a performer by then, both in ring and on the mic, then he has a much better chance of not dealing with a crowd turning on him thanks to the WWE superface booking that tends to do more harm than good. On the other hand, the second he is perceived as overpushed and taking up that top spot that should belong to Daniel Bryan, it could turn into a Batista level mess.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I didn't know they keep casting Randy Orton as the lead in each of the Marine movies they produce until the Marines complain about Orton having a bad conduct discharge.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
batista spends more time putting people over in guardians of the galaxy than he did with daniel bryan

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Rodney the Piper posted:

batista spends more time putting people over in guardians of the galaxy than he did with daniel bryan

He got pretty gassed in his first fight against Lee Pace.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Rodney the Piper posted:

shame daniel bryan's dangerous work style put him into the hospital before batista could put him over a second time after the main event of wrestlemania

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Batista is arguably the best part of Guardians of the Galaxy (which is goddamn fantastic) now I like him. I wanna see him be world champion and not understand metaphors.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Guardians of the Galaxy was so good and Batista's portrayal of Drax is like this generation's Fezzik from Princess Bride. He's that fun.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gavok posted:

Guardians of the Galaxy was so good and Batista's portrayal of Drax is like this generation's Fezzik from Princess Bride. He's that fun.

I came here to post this. I was SHOCKED by how great he is in it. He keeps up with everyone else and has amazing comic timing. I still don't ever want him to come back to the WWE, but now it's less because I think he is a bad wrestler and more because I think he is a good actor and want him to keep doing that.

E: But I'd want them to put all the titles on him if he came back doing a Drax gimmick.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

TheJoker138 posted:

E: But I'd want them to put all the titles on him if he came back doing a Drax gimmick.

"Okay, Drax. Tonight you're going over Damien Sandow."

"I will not go over him. When I jump off the top rope, I will collide into him. My aim is masterful."

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gavok posted:

"Okay, Drax. Tonight you're going over Damien Sandow."

"I will not go over him. When I jump off the top rope, I will collide into him. My aim is masterful."

Haha, Batista going to the top rope. What a jokey joke.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

We now need Batista and The Rock in the same movie, I don't care how.

Also, regarding the network, have they said anything about how it'll be don in the UK? I want what the US has, but I'm worried we'll get hosed over via Sky in a similar manner to the Canadian deal.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Semprini posted:

Fox's Fantastic Four reboot bombs, Marvel gets the rights back, they make a Namor film, and then they start a series of Marvel Team Up movies where Namor teams up with Drax. BOOK IT.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Semprini posted:

Also, regarding the network, have they said anything about how it'll be don in the UK? I want what the US has, but I'm worried we'll get hosed over via Sky in a similar manner to the Canadian deal.

As far as anyone knows it's the same as the US version.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I Before E posted:

Haha, Batista going to the top rope. What a jokey joke.

He's done it occasionally. He'd do a shoulder tackle off the top and Michael Cole always yells "Batista off the top rope! I have NEVER seen that before!"

It's his version of "Can John Cena lift the Big Show?!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gavok posted:

Well gently caress, I gotta see this now.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Gavok posted:

:stare: That's a bold statement.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I was so hyped for Guardians after seeing the first trailer, I didn't realise it came out YESTERDAY. I feel bad for not realising this, I must go see it tonight

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Calling it now, if they're giving Lesnar the belt Survivor Series or Royal Rumble is going to have Batista vs. Lesnar and that'll be really loving cool. Also gonna check out Guardians tomorrow, everything I've heard about it has been WAY loving better than I expected.

Shima Honnou posted:

It wasn't good enough to keep CM Punk from crying home to his Pepsi.

There's things I could say but they've already been said a thousand times so instead :rolleyes:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

TheJoker138 posted:

I came here to post this. I was SHOCKED by how great he is in it. He keeps up with everyone else and has amazing comic timing. I still don't ever want him to come back to the WWE, but now it's less because I think he is a bad wrestler and more because I think he is a good actor and want him to keep doing that.

You're in luck because he says he loves acting and wants to not just be a big beefy action hero but also to be taken seriously as a dramatic actor when he retires from wrestling after this last run.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Ill be happy if big Dave just keeps appearing alongside Vin Diesel like they are homies

Like this generations Gary Sinise and Tom Hanks!!!

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Don't forget guys!

<a href="#" onClick="alert("lol");">lol</a>

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Valeyard posted:

Don't forget guys!

Yours is just a pale imitation.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Re: Bryan in the Royal Rumble

If he's not gonna be wrestling for the title at Wrestlemania, they can just put him in the Rumble match, have a heel eliminate him, and then the heat gets directed toward that heel rather than the product itself. Theoretically this avoids fan revolt and gets people invested in a feud instead.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Minidust posted:

Re: Bryan in the Royal Rumble

If he's not gonna be wrestling for the title at Wrestlemania, they can just put him in the Rumble match, have a heel eliminate him, and then the heat gets directed toward that heel rather than the product itself. Theoretically this avoids fan revolt and gets people invested in a feud instead.

I think a Bryan/Rollins Feud could be pretty great.

Plus in the Rumble the only spot I want to see(besides the Kofi one) is the one where the 3 former shield members all semi work together clear out the ring, be the only ones standing and all stare at each other for 30 seconds, before launching at each other.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Oh man I don't know what finisher I'd want

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Garrett Dylan (Kris Kristofferson's kid) got the axe in NXT for the second time.

Sounds like news is starting to trickle in to talent.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

ZenVulgarity posted:

Oh man I don't know what finisher I'd want

You got a pretty mouth. How about the mandible claw?

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

Garrett Dylan (Kris Kristofferson's kid) got the axe in NXT for the second time.

Sounds like news is starting to trickle in to talent.

How the hell do you fail to turn Kristofferson's kid into a star? His talent should be irrelevant to that, he can coast on his dad's legacy. There insistence on giving everyone a name so they can own the name is so silly. Call him Joe Hennig, this Curtis Axel poo poo is stupid.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

How do you have Kris Kristofferson's kid and *not* use Kristofferson in his loving name? I swear this company would hire Patrick Stewart and name him Frankie Britafilter.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DeathChicken posted:

How do you have Kris Kristofferson's kid and *not* use Kristofferson in his loving name? I swear this company would hire Patrick Stewart and name him Frankie Britafilter.

Frankie Britafilter and Joey Splashwater MUST BE A TAG TEAM NOW. This is paramount.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

quote:

Released were Garett Dylan, Travis Tyler, Slate Randall, Mac Miles and Dani Jax.

All NXT.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Slate Randall is Shaun Ricker, right?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Dani Jaxx was just signed in May too. Crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
-- The next wave of NXT cuts is expected to include Fergal Devitt, Kenta and Kevin Steen.

• Locked thread