Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Drax sucks, he gets squashed by everyone but nameless jobbers and the guy from Xavier Woods's new stable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Ronan Reigns?

edit: also you fuckers, the movie doesn't come out here until end of August and I hate you all for being so happy about it :smith:

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Valeyard posted:

If Seth Rollins cashes in on Brock Lesnar and leaves with the title I'll piss off until WM31 etc :toxx: lol

Do you keep posting these because you know how badly we want you to leave?

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Grendels Dad posted:

It probably would, on the other hand what other options are there? Keep cockteasing Ambrose/rollins for another five months? That will certainly not leave anybody unsatisfied!

Rollins and Ambrose will probably have a few singles matches on PPV. If they book this right both should have a bunch of satisfied fans. Its been good so far I think

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sir Jebus posted:

Do you keep posting these because you know how badly we want you to leave?

I need to give people something to root for when the WWE doesn't provide it

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

I Before E posted:

So Rollins actually stands a chance on his cash-in?

So someone who isn't Brock Lesnar is holding the title for the next half a year.

I've never found Brock interesting at all. He's basically a higher profile Rusev, where the manager is way more interesting and entertaining to me than the wrestler.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

schweens posted:

Rollins and Ambrose will probably have a few singles matches on PPV. If they book this right both should have a bunch of satisfied fans. Its been good so far I think

It's been fine except for leaving it off of Battleground and this last week's Raw for *reasons*

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
That counts for most monster heels ever, though. Brock is basically King Monster Heel, why wouldn't you want him as a champion? Especially when he is on limited dates?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

NickRoweFillea posted:

Everyone please support Batista and go see GotG because it's movie of the summer.

Funny you should say that.

What are you gonna do?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Valeyard posted:

I need to give people something to root for when the WWE doesn't provide it

It's like watching a lab rat with a broken brain that keeps getting zapped because it doesn't learn from biting the electrified cheese

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Carlisle posted:

It's like watching a lab rat with a broken brain that keeps getting zapped because it doesn't learn from biting the electrified cheese

As a rat who (mostly anyway) learns, it's this

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I will be legitimately shocked if Cena wins

I too was shocked when the sun came up this morning.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SlothBear posted:

I too was shocked when the sun came up this morning.

You realize he's facing Brock loving Lesnar in Lesnar's first match since arguably the biggest possible rub left in WWE and Cena beat Brock the first time right?

I mean yes, CENA WINZ is always a possibility, but I'd be stunned if they did it here.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

You realize he's facing Brock loving Lesnar in Lesnar's first match since arguably the biggest possible rub left in WWE and Cena beat Brock the first time right?

I mean yes, CENA WINZ is always a possibility, but I'd be stunned if they did it here.

Prepare to be

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I don't want to see either Cena or Lesnar as WWE champion so the rest of 2014 is just gonna suck for me.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Carlisle posted:

a broken brain

Well I am not arguing with that

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He also fought Brock loving lesnar last time and we all remember what happened there.

I like how this match isn't who will win, but who isn't going to lose.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Brock loving Lesnar.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

He also fought Brock loving lesnar last time and we all remember what happened there.

I like how this match isn't who will win, but who isn't going to lose.

That was also Brock's first match back before they'd extended his contract and realized he'd be at least a quasi-frequent part time guy.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
As much as I believe in my man Cena, I am pretty sure he isn't winning this one

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Dimebags Brain posted:

Prepare to be

There have only been three good stunner sells ever and this is arguably the best.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

dialhforhero posted:

There have only been three good stunner sells ever and this is arguably the best.

The Rock and Brock and....? LINDA!

Also...BROCK loving LESNAR!!!!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Gatts posted:

The Rock and Brock and....? DONALD!

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Watch Cena retain because of a DQ.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Memento posted:

Funny you should say that.

What are you gonna do?

Is that adjusted for inflation

Also once Dave comes back he could brag about outdrawing Hercules

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gatts posted:

<a href="#" onClick="alert("lol");">lol</a>

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Gatts posted:

Shane McMahon at Unforgiven 2000 is the holy grail of Stunner sells.

Angle was also great at selling that move--a nice balance of looking like he got KTFO and not being overdramatic.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Gatts posted:

Shane.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

On the other hand I always thought Benoit selling the Stunner looked really bad.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Valeyard posted:

Man y'all are making me agree with Valeyard come on here

(Side note Valeyard I don't really hate you or anything I just give you poo poo 'cause it's kinda fun and yeah your posts kinda annoy me but mine annoy tons of people so glass houses, etc. :3:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
There is almost no way they don't put the titles on Brock here, unless they completely chicken out. The lead up to Summerslam from essentially when Daniel Bryan got hurt was, "HEY *INSERT CHAMPION HERE IS A FIGHTING CHAMPION* ISN'T THAT GREAT"

Because Triple H allowed Brock the chance to fight and Beat Cena due to his frustration, he is going to get the exact opposite of what they want. A champion which doesn't give a gently caress about wrestling unless the match interests him.

Put the Belts on Heyman and let him run with it.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Aug 3, 2014

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Dexo posted:

There is almost no way they don't put the titles on Brock here, unless they completely chicken out. The lead up to Summerslam from essentially when Daniel Bryan got hurt was, "HEY *INSERT CHAMPION HERE IS A FIGHTING CHAMPION* ISN'T THAT GREAT"

Because Triple H allowed Brock the chance to fight and Beat Cena due to his frustration, he is going to get the exact opposite of what they want. A champion which doesn't give a gently caress about wrestling unless the match interests him.

Which would immediately bring up the question of why doesn't The Authority just strip Brock for refusing to defend the title.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Dexo posted:

Put the Belts on Heyman and let him run with it.

You know when Brock won't show up because of dates Paul is gonna walk out with the belts around him maybe like crossed like a gunslinger or something and talk poo poo. It will be like he is champ.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

bradzilla posted:

Which would immediately bring up the question of why doesn't The Authority just strip Brock for refusing to defend the title.

In this situation, I would be assuming that they would drive a dumptruck of money to Brock's compound, and have him defend at every PPV, for the rest of the year. That's only what? adding 3-4 more dates? Heyman can talk to cover up the fact he would be missing during the builds to the PPV.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

bradzilla posted:

Is Hunter going to say something to Brock? Who is gonna make him? Bad for business and bad for health and a father.

Then again I wanna see Hunter take the belts at Mania from Brock. Just over the top booking. Then carry till Mania following. We are due for an awesome Hunter reign.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Man, I really really want Paul Heyman to carry the Belt(s), and do nothing but talk mad poo poo to me every Monday.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gatts posted:

You know when Brock won't show up because of dates Paul is gonna walk out with the belts around him maybe like crossed like a gunslinger or something and talk poo poo. It will be like he is champ.

"MY NAME IS PAUL... HEYMAN... AND I AM THE WWE WORLD... HEAVYWEIGHT... CHAMPION... 's advocate!"

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Valeyard posted:

I'm confident Brock's winning but I'm wondering if they'll let him do it without any fuckery considering how very rarely Cena loses cleanly to heels.

Ragnarok the Red fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Aug 3, 2014

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I'm confident Brock's winning but I'm wondering if they'll let him do it without heel any fuckery considering how very rarely Cena loses cleanly to heels.

Takes FOUR F5s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

keevo posted:

Watch Cena retain because of a DQ.

If by some hook or crook, Brock doesn't win the title this month, I could easily see Cena being beaten up so badly at the end of the match, that Seth Plissken shows up and cashes in to be champion for a few months until Brock's appearance schedule starts making more sense.

• Locked thread