Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Really wish WWE would dump Hell in a Cell in favor of Halloween Havoc.

Bring Back War Games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

fart blood posted:

I like Superbrawl myself

Can he afford to pay me to wrestle Ron?

I DON'T KNOW!

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

From a few pages ago, but why do some of you want Brock to hold the title until Wrestlemania? That's horrifying, it would only get defended like 2-3 times for the next half of a year gently caress that

Put the title on someone injured like Bryan and you'd have the same loving result. Lesnar's run needs to be short or he needs to start doing real work.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Because there's no other heel contender who's ready and would put on good matches (and would draw). The Shield dudes still haven't quite built the momentum as singles performers to be at that level yet, though at least one of them will be by WM31. Brocklesnar is credible and if he sticks the belt in a freezer the month of HIAC I won't much care. As long as I'm not getting Orton-Cena I'm happy.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Tir McDohl posted:

From a few pages ago, but why do some of you want Brock to hold the title until Wrestlemania? That's horrifying, it would only get defended like 2-3 times for the next half of a year gently caress that

Put the title on someone injured like Bryan and you'd have the same loving result. Lesnar's run needs to be short or he needs to start doing real work.

I hope that Brock wins and just keeps it off. HHH gets mad at that and after every attempt to stop Brock's reign fails, he personally goes into the Rumble and wins (Of course, the last person to be eliminated has to be Daniel Bryan, otherwise there's no point to any of the last year of WWE), and then HHH wins it at 'Mania.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Brock defending the belt once every few months or so might be the only thing that starts making the belt worth anything again. If he was around more often...well, he still wouldn't be defending it, but you'd have "Brock Lesnar vs Randy Orton, non-title meaningless poo poo!" on every drat Raw.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I think the right thing to do is pay Lesnar to do enough dates to win the title and murder challengers once every 4-5 weeks until Wrestlemania. Heyman is more than enough to sell the matches. It gives you the opportunity to build some guys to challenge for the title that normally wouldn't as well.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Having Brock hold it for a long time would be beautiful. Just make him as hated as possible and blow the roof off when Bryan comes back to challenge for it. There would be so much money to be made off that.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Oddly enough Cesaro's titantron fits the ER theme pretty well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEaLL5RTdtg

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Neodoomium posted:

I think the right thing to do is pay Lesnar to do enough dates to win the title and murder challengers once every 4-5 weeks until Wrestlemania. Heyman is more than enough to sell the matches. It gives you the opportunity to build some guys to challenge for the title that normally wouldn't as well.

Plus if they do it right, they could use that period to build the other Belts into not being worthle-hahhahahahahahaha

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Dexo posted:

Plus if they do it right, they could use that period to build the other Belts into not being worthle-hahhahahahahahaha

I almost did that bit with "building other guys into main eventers" because it's exactly the same amount of ridiculous with this stupid company

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Really wish WWE would dump Hell in a Cell in favor of Halloween Havoc.

SPIN THE WHEEL, MAKE THE DEAL! except they'd screw it up and the wheel would be a shoot and the main event would be Cena/Brock in a Wonder Crush Deathmatch.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

but like seriously you guys know its supposed to be european-style police sirens in Cesaro's new entrance right

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Luigi Thirty posted:

SPIN THE WHEEL, MAKE THE DEAL! except they'd screw it up and the wheel would be a shoot and the main event would be Cena/Brock in a Wonder Crush Deathmatch.

I prefer AGE IN THE CAGE with HHH/HBK

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Alouicious posted:

but like seriously you guys know its supposed to be european-style police sirens in Cesaro's new entrance right

oh well poo poo that makes them not dumb

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Alouicious posted:

Yeah but I'm actually p sure they used a police siren and not an ambulance siren

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

WadeBartender posted:

oh well poo poo that makes them not dumb

still dumb as poo poo, but the doctor/ambulance jokes make no sense!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Shine posted:

I was looking up tombstone piledriver clips and found whatever the gently caress this is supposed to be. :psyduck:

Trigger warning: secondhand embarrassment, five-counts.

I'm sad I missed this conversation because I had a recent discussion with a friend of mine who is a psychologist and we agreed there has to be a huge amount of people around my age (28) who were going through puberty during the most watched time in wrestling. Some of them HAD to sexually imprint on some of the weird poo poo that was going on at that time. There's probably more people with Stinkface fetishes than posts in this thread. Fuckin' wrestling, man.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shima Honnou posted:

I hope that Brock wins and just keeps it off. HHH gets mad at that and after every attempt to stop Brock's reign fails, he personally goes into the Rumble and wins (Of course, the last person to be eliminated has to be Daniel Bryan, otherwise there's no point to any of the last year of WWE), and then HHH wins it at 'Mania.

I loathe you.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Is it terrible that the match I most want to see is Swagger/Rusev round II?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

weekly font posted:

I'm sad I missed this conversation because I had a recent discussion with a friend of mine who is a psychologist and we agreed there has to be a huge amount of people around my age (28) who were going through puberty during the most watched time in wrestling. Some of them HAD to sexually imprint on some of the weird poo poo that was going on at that time. There's probably more people with Stinkface fetishes than posts in this thread. Fuckin' wrestling, man.
I once googled myself and found a YouTube fetish playlist with one of my small-time indy wrestling clips on it. Quite the :stare: moment as I slowly backed away from my laptop.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Undertaker/Brock II is something that could still be in the cards and would draw, so they could have Brock drop at the Rumble or something. Or more likely, Brock loses at Summerslam, since Brock beating Cena would make perfect sense so it's the thing they won't do.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I think I'd pay money not to see Undertaker/Brock II. I'm not sure I want to see Undertaker in another match period.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Undertaker/Brock II is something that could still be in the cards and would draw, so they could have Brock drop at the Rumble or something. Or more likely, Brock loses at Summerslam, since Brock beating Cena would make perfect sense so it's the thing they won't do.

Not only would Brock beating Cena make perfect sense, but having the guy who broke The Streak lose his first match afterwards and having Cena be the one to get that rub would be really loving stupid on every level and would ultimately hurt the future.

Of course John Cena is winning.

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Aug 3, 2014

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Not only would Brock beating Cena make perfect sense, but having the guy who broke The Streak lose his first match afterwards and having Cena be the one to get that rub would be really loving stupid on every level and would ultimately hurt the future.

Of course John Cena is winning.

Then Seth Rollins cashes in, Cena gets up and delivers an AA and retrains.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Being serious, no matter any possible outcome, Rollins cashing in after that match is probably the worst thing that could happen.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Lesnar needs to win the title so that Reigns or Bryan can have a heel champion to win the belt from.

Although this could just mean that Cena wins at Summerslam and Lesnar beats him at Night of Champions instead.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
As much as I hated Batista when he came back rusty as hell, I have to admit he was good in Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm looking forward to seeing him again in GotG 2!

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Lesnar will win but john Cena will get mad and call him Jack and win the title for the 27th time cementing his place as the greatest wwe superstar of all time RAPPPAADDOOOOOOO

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012
From almost every logical and business perspective, Lesnar winning is the right answer, and what we really should want. Kids whose parents are paying for the Network will keep watching regardless, but I can definitely see subscriptions nosediving if CENA WINZ LOL.

But from a mark perspective, Brock Lesnar conquered The Undertaker's undefeated Streak at Wrestlemania, and I want John Cena to avenge that by killing Brock Lesnar, AAing Paul Heyman, and then sweeping us all into his powerful arms to tell us it's all gonna be okay.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

NowonSA posted:

As much as I hated Batista when he came back rusty as hell, I have to admit he was good in Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm looking forward to seeing him again in GotG 2!

I've said this and I'll say it again, Batista came back as Not-Daniel Bryan at the worst loving possible time it was to be Not-Daniel Bryan. He was rusty but I don't think people outside of places like PSP would've given as much of a poo poo if he was doing anything but scheduled to be a big returning world champ when the fans wanted to see Bryan finally put Triple H in his place and get a real run the with title.

Guardians of the Galaxy was great, by the way.

Why the gently caress was the first thing Batista did upon returning was shake Triple H's hand?!

Striking Yak posted:

But from a mark perspective, Brock Lesnar conquered The Undertaker's undefeated Streak at Wrestlemania, and I want John Cena to avenge that by killing Brock Lesnar, AAing Paul Heyman, and then sweeping us all into his powerful arms to tell us it's all gonna be okay.

Undertaker's old and The Streak needed to die. Long live the new flesh :colbert:

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Aug 3, 2014

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012

Undertaker's old and The Streak needed to die. Long live the new flesh :colbert:

There's only three things certain in life: death, taxes, and The Streak.

But if The Streak died...I'm having an existential crisis. Are we doomed to live forever in this Lesnar-dominated world? :ohdear:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Striking Yak posted:

But if The Streak died...I'm having an existential crisis. Are we doomed to live forever in this Lesnar-dominated world? :ohdear:

Brock Lesnar will show up at your home and kick you right in your voicebox for denying his greatness.

Then he will pour every liquid in your fridge down the kitchen sink while you are writhing on the ground.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Striking Yak posted:

From the ashes... a new hero will rise.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

I want nothing more in this world than for Reigns to come down for a huge match, like a title match with Cena after Summerslam, and just end up pulling a Seth Rollins on the guard rail and looking embarrassed as gently caress about it.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Shima Honnou posted:

I want nothing more in this world than for Reigns to come down for a huge match, like a title match with Cena after Summerslam, and just end up pulling a Seth Rollins on the guard rail and looking embarrassed as gently caress about it.

I'd rather have him just lay there, completely defeated, for a comedicaly long time

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

If our new hero is going to be wearing those pants, I don't think I'll be joining the revolution.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

anakha posted:

If our new hero is going to be wearing those pants, I don't think I'll be joining the revolution.

Interesting point, how can Vince support Reigns if he can't ogle at his thighs?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

MotU posted:

I'd rather have him just lay there, completely defeated, for a comedicaly long time

I like you because you have good ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Grendels Dad posted:

Interesting point, how can Vince support Reigns if he can't ogle at his thighs?

This but unironically, any kind of self image problems Reigns may or may not have will hold him back

MotU posted:

can ye feel yer toes roman

Frankston posted:

Lesnar will win but john Cena will get mad and call him Jack and win the title for the 27th time cementing his place as the greatest wwe superstar of all time RAPPPAADDOOOOOOO

I really, really hope so. Actually if he ends up getting that many world titles I am pretty sure that would be a very telling bad thing for the company so maybe not

SamuraiFoochs posted:

(Side note Valeyard I don't really hate you or anything I just give you poo poo 'cause it's kinda fun and yeah your posts kinda annoy me but mine annoy tons of people so glass houses, etc. :3:

It's all good homie :hfive:

Shima Honnou posted:

As much as I like the idea of Trips getting the title again, I am 99% sure it isn't going to happen at this point. He has failed me enough recently. I am just holding out for another Evolution reunion down the line now

• Locked thread