Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DeathChicken posted:

I believe that opening "Marvel go see" weekend aside, this movie is going to keep going just because it's a really good movie. I don't think they can make an equal movie out of...that.

Looking at the weekend total it looks like it was pretty front loaded with a ton of fans seeing it on opening day so who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

It is a really good film i think even if you don't really give a poo poo about comics you can enjoy it as the actors interact so well with each other among other things. Basically go see it!

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Looking at the weekend total it looks like it was pretty front loaded with a ton of fans seeing it on opening day so who knows.

I know, and I know you believe in Dave, I believe in him.

If this film is the lowest grossing MCU film 3 weeks after it's release I will sing Batista's theme song :toxx:

Let's make it more interesting, if it doesn't get into atleast 5th place on this ranking http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=avengers.htm I will sing his theme :toxx:

Valeyard fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Aug 3, 2014

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
I like comics well enough but I don't really care to see another superhero movie at this point so i'll check back with everyone when it's 2017 and I end up watching it because I'm bored and have netflix open.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
The source material is so obscure it might as well not be a superhero comic at all and instead be a homage to Flash Gordon or suchlike.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Valeyard posted:

I know, and I know you believe in Dave, I believe in him.

If this film is the lowest grossing MCU film 3 weeks after it's release I will sing Batista's theme song :toxx:

Let's make it more interesting, if it doesn't get into atleast 5th place on this ranking http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=avengers.htm I will sing his theme :toxx:

Will you do the machine gun thing too?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Will you do the machine gun thing too?

Yes, and I will film it

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
WWE Discussion is probably going to be talking Guardians of the Galaxy for August 4

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I liked it!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

I at least had zero interest in the movie until I started hearing rave reviews and now plan on seeing it next week.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Valeyard's master plan is to place so many Toxxes upon himself that when one of them actually happens it gets lost in the shuffle and we forget about it.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Yaya posted:

Valeyard's master plan is to place so many Toxxes upon himself that when one of them actually happens it gets lost in the shuffle and we forget about it.

I actually thought about this the other day, about how it would be cool if the site had some way to keep track of Toxes and stuff like that. So you could see a list of people who are about to get banned for not paying up, or see all the whacky poo poo people need to do

I think the only ones I have got going just now are if Bray or Roman gets the WWE Title, or Seth cashes in on Brock, then im gone from here till Mania. Plus the Batista one

D Lambent
Jul 28, 2014
At what point did WWE stop developing true heel Main Eventers? Does everyone have to have a silly gimmick or be a face? I feel like they've seriously painted themselves into a corner.

Rollins is the only fresh heel that they have right now. I like Orton but he's been around in the main event scene forever and I've become completely indifferent to Kane. Bray Wyatt probably isn't going to be competing for the belt any time soon and they're burying Cesaro. I guess you could call Lesnar a heel but he almost feels like a Tweener at this point.

Anybody else feel this way or am I just forgetting how the Main Event scene is supposed to work these days?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

curtis axel was technically a heel main eventer when he debuted

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.
Bray could easily be a big time heel main eventer but they seem really committed to having the Wyatts lose constantly.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Just watched Angle/Benoit Royal Rumble '03 for the first time, and it hella cool to see a one-on-one match between top tier wrestlers where the whiny heel won clean. Even though he's a giant baby who surrounds himself with bodyguards, he's still an excellent wrestler and he simply out-wrestled the other guy. No interference, no ref bump, no foreign objects, no cheating or even an attempt at cheating. Good poo poo. Also Benoit always seemed like a big idiot for doing the flying headbutt and hurting himself. (anybody have that "IT HURTS" gif handy?)

D Lambent
Jul 28, 2014

Peter Bazooka posted:

Bray could easily be a big time heel main eventer but they seem really committed to having the Wyatts lose constantly.

Yeah, kind of disappointing the way they've been handled. I really want to see them become the new Ministry of Darkness. Not a carbon copy, just the way they are, but a dominant supernatural-ish force that holds the WWE Belt and the Tag Titles.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Peter Bazooka posted:

WWE Heels

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Shine posted:

Just watched Angle/Benoit Royal Rumble '03 for the first time, and it hella cool to see a one-on-one match between top tier wrestlers where the whiny heel won clean. Even though he's a giant baby who surrounds himself with bodyguards, he's still an excellent wrestler and he simply out-wrestled the other guy. No interference, no ref bump, no foreign objects, no cheating or even an attempt at cheating. Good poo poo. Also Benoit always seemed like a big idiot for doing the flying headbutt and hurting himself. (anybody have that "IT HURTS" gif handy?)

Oh yeah that's a match where Angle does a moonsault off the cage and Benoit does a flying headbutt off the cage.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Peter Bazooka posted:

I thought everyone had finally starting turning and seeing Bray for what he really is, less of a big deal and more of a big goof

<a href="#" onClick="alert("lol");">lol</a>

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Hey Mr. I'm here every monday won't be at raw tomorrow

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Less "what he really is" and more "what the Cena feud turned him into." He really should have been off TV for a while before showing up again to start this Jericho feud, especially since it's a carbon copy of the Cena feud with the only difference being that he might actually be allowed to look good at the end of it.

I came back into this poo poo with Wrestlemania and I loved Bray the moment I saw him. Now I'm just bored of him due to this repetitive poo poo.

omgomgomg
Oct 26, 2012

Should Lawler be wrestling at all at his age/condition and having a heart attack?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

omgomgomg posted:

Should Lawler be wrestling at all at his age/condition and having a heart attack?

gently caress no he shouldn't.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

Darren Young snubbed again

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

DeathChicken posted:

From what I gather from talking to friends, this is one of those movies that people would be iffy on seeing, but it's gotten absolutely great word of mouth and managed to draw interest.

Yeah, I was going to wait and catch it on DVD or something, but the good buzz/reviews I read and my theater only costing $5 for the Matinee sold me on it. I saw it on a small, mall-theater screen and still loved it.

If you like marvel films at all, I strongly recommend it. Right now I'd put it just below Avengers and Iron Man 1 and 3 (I liked 3 a lot more than most people, I think), but above the rest of the MCU films which I've generally enjoyed quite a bit.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

omgomgomg posted:

His doctors cleared him and he does virtually nothing in his matches, it's not a big deal. He really likes doing it. As long as he doesn't have Dolph Ziggler dropping repeated hard elbows to his chest he'll be fine.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

EugeneJ posted:

The ending of Lawler-Steen from NEW last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCP337X04rI

Lawler's punches look so loving great.

Also I love that there's a fan shouting,"STEEN! STEEN BEHIND YOU! :ohdear:"

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Daniel Bryan took a week off the week after winning the biggest match of his career like he's not dedicated to the company

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

omgomgomg posted:

Is it really wrestling when you shuffle around the ring for a few minutes, throw some punches, and fall onto your butt at the end?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Bray really needs to just wreck Jericho at Summerslam, with Rowan and Harper banned from ringside. I know Jericho's recent history has made beating him less of a star-making feat, but I think it would still be effective in re-establishing Bray as a force.

That being said, I expect them to have the Family interfere somehow to set up the third match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Is it really wrestling when you shuffle around the ring for a few minutes, throw some punches, and fall onto your butt at the end?

That's more than the Honky Tonk Man does!

Lawler vs Mil Mascaras needs to happen in 2014.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Bard Maddox posted:

Daniel Bryan took a week off the week after winning the biggest match of his career like he's not dedicated to the company

He also didn't cut a promo a week prior about being there every night jack

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Daniel Bryan posted:

He also didn't cut a promo a week prior about being there every night jack

Maybe Raw will be on the West Coast and thus it will be early evening.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Lawler saying Dolph killed him is him being old-school. It's a work. He's putting the kid over.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

Lawler saying Dolph killed him is him being old-school. It's a work. He's putting the kid over.

Yeah I'm sure all the times he's talked about his doctor telling him what the elbows did are a work. Gotta keep up the work in every podcast and interview. Plus when word was circulating before he even talked about it in public. If there's one thing Lawler is known for these days it is putting a lot of effort into his job.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Oh Snapple! posted:

Less "what he really is" and more "what the Cena feud turned him into." He really should have been off TV for a while before showing up again to start this Jericho feud, especially since it's a carbon copy of the Cena feud with the only difference being that he might actually be allowed to look good at the end of it.

I came back into this poo poo with Wrestlemania and I loved Bray the moment I saw him. Now I'm just bored of him due to this repetitive poo poo.

No but you see everyone said feuding with Cena wouldn't damage him.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah I'm sure all the times he's talked about his doctor telling him what the elbows did are a work. Gotta keep up the work in every podcast and interview. Plus when word was circulating before he even talked about it in public. If there's one thing Lawler is known for these days it is putting a lot of effort into his job.
Dude pretended to hate Andy Kaufman for decades.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dolph should have finished him off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I can see the Jerry Lawler post-heartattack goodwill has worn off

• Locked thread