Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Seems strange to me that they're using Season 1 hank and Season 2 Dr. Girlfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

feedmyleg posted:

Seems strange to me that they're using Season 1 hank and Season 2 Dr. Girlfriend.

It's almost like a third party merch company used iconic looks of characters instead of current ones.

Also seconding, I wish Doc looked bored as hell or annoyed - it would have been perfect.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I don't care, I want those glasses.

And poo poo, an 80s GI Joe inspired packaged VB action figure? bring 'em on!

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

I don't care, I want those glasses.

And poo poo, an 80s GI Joe inspired packaged VB action figure? bring 'em on!

That figure looks remarkably like 2012's figure that I picked up.

thexerox123 posted:

They were apparently available at Comic-Con as a limited run, but are expected to be more widely available in the future.

2012 figure:

Seems Bloody Brock is a regular staple of SDCC.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Seems Bloody Brock is a regular staple of SDCC.

Which is kind of weird, since Brock has been far more nuanced and way less murder happy for like 3 seasons (approx. 17 years real time)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Doctor Candiru posted:

That's what I'm back here for, too. Nothing on YouTube, no news coverage, nothing.

Adult Swim puts them online, generally, so maybe it'll be put up this week sometime. Weird that there's no blog coverage or anything, though.
Here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bZlPhNvqmo

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

JethroMcB posted:

Which is kind of weird, since Brock has been far more nuanced and way less murder happy for like 3 seasons (approx. 17 years real time)

I am still waiting for naked murder happy Sgt. Hatred to be released.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

This is the Patton Oswalt bit Jackson talked about :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDCjIjsZp_Y

I marked out a little that he referenced it.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Pretty funny Q and A. Bummer there wasn't any footage but it's understandable.

This isn't the first time they couldn't show anything.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I love listening to them talk. You can hear the characters that Doc Hammer voices in about half of the things that come out of his mouth. :allears:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

prefect posted:

I love listening to them talk. You can hear the characters that Doc Hammer voices in about half of the things that come out of his mouth. :allears:

When Doc gets agitated his voice just becomes Billy Quizboy's, minus all the excessive spit noises. Meanwhile Jackson's normal speaking voice is simply Hank without the dumb.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
I knew they wouldn't be able to keep it due to licensing, but I'm still sad they cut them coming onto the stage dancing like idiots to a dance remix of "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls.

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS
Season 6 teaser, I don't think was posted.

http://adultswim.com/video/the-venture-bros/the-venture-bros-season-6-teaser.html

"If you see something... slay something." So good

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Dodecalypse posted:

http://adultswim.com/video/the-venture-bros/the-venture-bros-season-6-teaser.html

Brick Frog isn't in it
:(

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I don't care what Doc Hammer says, I would play a Venture Bros game in the style of Riven.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, I haven't checked this topic since there were new episodes. Anything interesting happened since then (other than the teaser that was just posted and the announcement of a special)?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I am Archbishop of Arm wrestling.

Captain Yesterday
Oct 8, 2007

Now it's time to do my people's native dance "DO THE HUSTLE"

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Brick Frog isn't in it
:(

I think that list was only talking about the Gargantua-2 special, so hopefully there's a chance he'll be in the season proper.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Maduo posted:

I don't care what Doc Hammer says, I would play a Venture Bros game in the style of Riven.
No joke, if they got Telltale to actually do a Venture Bros game, I'd play the gently caress out of it. Same if they did one for Archer.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Maduo posted:

Yeah, I'm the sort of guy who loves their dumb mego dolls. I'm sure I'd love whatever dumb game they come up with. Though my vote goes to an awful one-screen Atari 2600 game, or a mostly text adventure game like Mystery House.

e: Programmed and released for an actual 2600 or Apple II, of course.

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013

Dodecalypse posted:

This has got me terribly excited.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dodecalypse posted:

Oh man, I wonder if Rusty Venture, Villain Hunter will be an actual plot point or if they're just loving around. I'd love to see it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Dodecalypse posted:

Wow, Billy AND Hank raise their voices?! This I gots to see!

PostNouveau posted:

Oh man, I wonder if Rusty Venture, Villain Hunter will be an actual plot point or if they're just loving around. I'd love to see it.

I'm guessing the entire thing is a ruse - The Monarch could easily put on a domino mask, murder other villains and pin it on Rusty. He's amoral enough and they've got the same chin.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

JethroMcB posted:

I'm guessing the entire thing is a ruse - The Monarch could easily put on a domino mask, murder other villains and pin it on Rusty. He's amoral enough and they've got the same chin.

Oh yeah, that does seem a lot more plausible.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Reading the Wanted Poster cracked me up.

Reward?

You and your family will live. What more do you want?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
You know, looking at this thread again, I just realized something.

If I could ask any question of Rusty Venture, it would be:

"...Do you trim your eyebrows?"

Followed by:

"Does it look like the Monarch *ever* does?"

revolther
May 27, 2008
Eh kid Monarch had crazy eyebrows, kid Rusty didn't. He'd have been plucking since the 60s.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

SRM posted:

No joke, if they got Telltale to actually do a Venture Bros game, I'd play the gently caress out of it. Same if they did one for Archer.

Telltale would be absolutely perfect for it.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Pope Guilty posted:

Telltale would be absolutely perfect for it.

Only if they don't write any of the dialog.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
The problem is if someone would make a game and for it to be any good Doc and Jackson would have to be heavily involved. Personally I'd rather them just make more actual episodes instead.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

JethroMcB posted:

A ruse? Brrring, brrring. Hello. Hi, it's the 1930's. Can we have our words and clothes and lovely airplane back?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

notZaar posted:

Only if they don't write any of the dialog.

gently caress you mean by that? Telltale's writing is pretty drat good.

You just mean only if the game doesn't crash and burn. :v:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

revolther posted:

Eh kid Monarch had crazy eyebrows, kid Rusty didn't. He'd have been plucking since the 60s.

How do you know that WAS Kid Monarch? DAH DAH DAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

New Season 6 trailer was pretty cool, lots of interesting flavor text if you're paying attention. Featuring my two favorite characters was a bonus

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Djarum posted:

The problem is if someone would make a game and for it to be any good Doc and Jackson would have to be heavily involved. Personally I'd rather them just make more actual episodes instead.

I'm pretty sure one of them specifically mentioned that when they were asked about it. Sometime after Poker Night they specifically said there's no way a game is happening because they do not have the time at all.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Shindragon posted:

gently caress you mean by that? Telltale's writing is pretty drat good.

You just mean only if the game doesn't crash and burn. :v:

I mean they're not funny and their games aren't funny.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

notZaar posted:

I mean they're not funny and their games aren't funny.

Have you played Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People? I loved it and thought it was hilarious.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

Have you played Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People? I loved it and thought it was hilarious.

Also the Sam and Max games were great :colbert:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I feel like it would be a regression to the mean as far as getting venture brothers humor right, I would prefer it didn't exist without doc and jackson writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

prefect posted:

A ruse? Brrring, brrring. Hello. Hi, it's the 1930's. Can we have our words and clothes and lovely airplane back?

And watch out for that Hitler, He's a bad egg!

Rusty could be a patsy, but to Vatred. That's my half assed theory.