Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

New Limp Bizkit song is out

https://soundcloud.com/limpbizkit/endless-slaughter

Stick through it to the end where he raps about busting a hole in a rubber and a pussy hole never making a tootsy roll

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Aug 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

OAR is probably the worst band I've ever pretended to like to get laid.

They really haven't recovered from that stadium collapse killing their fans.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

i forgot about oar

also has jack johnson been mentioned yet

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Actually I went to see Paramore but that was actually a fun show so whatever.

I also accidentally saw Ben Kweller open for the Walkmen once at Bowery Ballroom. It was a 16+ show and there were lots of teens there for him.

He wore this awful christmas sweater and every song he sang was poo poo. In what was I think his last song he was ending on some super drawn out falsetto "Ne..... ver.... let.... me...... go........!"

right after me some drunk hero in the back screamed out "YOU SUCK BEN KWELLER" and he left the stage.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Actually I went to see Paramore but that was actually a fun show so whatever.

I also accidentally saw Ben Kweller open for the Walkmen once at Bowery Ballroom. It was a 16+ show and there were lots of teens there for him.

He wore this awful christmas sweater and every song he sang was poo poo. In what was I think his last song he was ending on some super drawn out falsetto "Ne..... ver.... let.... me...... go........!"

right after me some drunk hero in the back screamed out "YOU SUCK BEN KWELLER" and he left the stage.

i went to a ben kweller show about 10 years ago and it was one of the best shows i've been to. i don't remember it well now but i remember a few really awesome extended jams and he definitely rocked out

worst show was the mars volta, which was about 1.5 hours of boring noodling and they played half of a recognizable song

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Sufjan Stevens was completely poo poo live

There was about 25 people on stage and they were all wearing butterfly wings. There was less energy than a loving godspeed! show

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

LifeSizePotato posted:

also has jack johnson been mentioned yet

i think he has, yet jason mraz goes free

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pseudonym posted:

i think he has, yet jason mraz goes free

And Pete Yorn is left alone because of the whole jewish thing i guess

pfs Write
Jun 29, 2014

get/save/remove

Augmented Dickey posted:

There was a really good article about them in the Houston Press a few years ago; appearantly their lead is a huge drama queen who routinely cancels concerts on the day of due to ambiguous 'mental breakdowns'

he realizes what he is subjecting people to. those moments are the rare examples of clarity in his mind; outweighing paycheck with ethics

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

311 has a "311 Day" every year on March 11th, a concert where they play like...over 50 of their songs. It's gotta be several hours long. That just sounds like the worst concert imaginable. It's been here in New Orleans a couple times (including this year) and I've seen some of the attendees out and about in the city. It attracts exactly the type of people you would expect it to.

Why has it not been fuel-air bombed yet

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
hey everyone i've discovered the worst possible musical experience here ya go http://tinyurl.com/p29zxpr

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

kings of leon

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
whatever happened to stuck mojo

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hzrDeceEKc

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

New Limp Bizkit song is out

https://soundcloud.com/limpbizkit/endless-slaughter

Stick through it to the end where he raps about busting a hole in a rubber and a pussy hole never making a tootsy roll
Worst song of 2014? Fans think so.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11304353

Beer Jerky
Nov 3, 2011

neato burrito posted:

hed pe and skindred

i like skindred u dicklord

Edit: For Content:

Offspring. 0/1000 reason to like this band.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
This band is interesting since the song is from 2012, but it's like it got sucked into a time spiral from 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFOvZojUJto

Then there are country songs that were obviously written since the musician wanted to buy a new house

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXAgv665J14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdUq-7oLx2M

LETS SIGN SOME CHECKS!

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

has Lenny Kravitz been mentioned yet? he's technically not a band, but he's total poo poo regardless

it's a guy I can imagine no one getting stoked or passionate about unless they were literally raised on totally inferior music all their lives

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Arian_Samurai posted:

This band is interesting since the song is from 2012, but it's like it got sucked into a time spiral from 2002

you mean like every other mainstream rock band?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I kinda like shinedown but only their older stuff. Everything else in this thread can smd

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

Stone Temple Pilots now that they booted Scott Weiland (again) and have the turd from Linkin Park making GBS threads all over their music.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

LazyDivey posted:

Stone Temple Pilots now that they booted Scott Weiland (again) and have the turd from Linkin Park making GBS threads all over their music.

STP has been irrelevant since 'tiny music...' so who gives a gently caress

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

LazyDivey posted:

Somebody mentioned Nightwish and I used to kind of like them... when I was like 14. Then I heard Therion once and that was it, I was cured.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You know, we've had a lot of fun here today, but there's something that's not so fun. Orchestral metal. If someone offers you a Nightwish CD, or says that Epica is "totally great," quickly find an adult you can trust.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

You know, we've had a lot of fun here today, but there's something that's not so fun. Orchestral metal. If someone offers you a Nightwish CD, or says that Epica is "totally great," quickly find an adult you can trust.

Seriously. For folks that enjoy it; It needs to remain a hidden 'guilty pleasure'. Don't defend it.

Holy poo poo. This is beyond awful. Is this real??

Professor of Cats fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Aug 6, 2014

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Professor of Cats posted:

Seriously. For folks that enjoy it; It needs to remain a hidden 'guilty pleasure'. Don't defend it.

Holy poo poo. This is beyond awful. Is this real??

it sounds like a youtube parody where theyve replaced the real vocals, god drat.

also :lol: at the comments

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

LazyDivey posted:

agree

Pseudonym posted:

STP has been irrelevant since 'tiny music...' so who gives a gently caress

agree

the jizz taxi posted:

has Lenny Kravitz been mentioned yet? he's technically not a band, but he's total poo poo regardless

agree

Beer Jerky posted:

Offspring. 0/1000 reason to like this band.

gently caress you

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

the only worthwhile musical thing lenny kravitz ever did was the guitar riff in "are you gonna go my way." only the riff, too, because the rest of the song blows

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 6 days!)

Arian_Samurai posted:

Then there are country songs that were obviously written since the musician wanted to buy a new house

You mean all of them?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

AC/DC, probably the most overrated band ever

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

LifeSizePotato posted:

the only worthwhile musical thing lenny kravitz ever did was the guitar riff in "are you gonna go my way." only the riff, too, because the rest of the song blows

he did the guitar solo in bombs over Baghdad right? cause that was pretty legit

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Any of the excruciatingly dull "laid-back surfer guy with an acoustic guitar" guys.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

beetles

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

Y-Hat posted:

loving amen.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Not a band, but does anyone even remember any of the winners of American Idol?

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
ruben studdard

Bacicot
Apr 3, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Synonamess Botch posted:

he did the guitar solo in bombs over Baghdad right? cause that was pretty legit

Yeah but when you write lyrics like

I wish that I could fly
Up in the sky
So very high

...it overshadows face melting solos imo
(edit: just like a butterfly)

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Y-Hat posted:

you'd have to know like five bands in all of music to unironically called AC/DC the most overrated ever

like loving seriously?

"this band that's basically only listened to by people over 40 who ride motorcycles, most overrated ever in the history of music"

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot
I thought AC/DC was an inside joke or parody band like Spinal Tap. No one seriously can music like that where each album, each song, its a more bland, samey, drunk-gruff reincarnation of the previous instance without being insane and also taking the piss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amniotic
Jan 23, 2008

Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.

Berk Berkly posted:

I thought AC/DC was an inside joke or parody band like Spinal Tap. No one seriously can music like that where each album, each song, its a more bland, samey, drunk-gruff reincarnation of the previous instance without being insane and also taking the piss.

The singer mentioned drinking a case of beer so as not to laugh at his own lyrics on stage in some TV show I saw years ago.

• Locked thread