Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'd be down for fantasy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I'm willing to lose at some fantasy.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Sky Italia are reporting that ManUtd have offered €40 million for Cuadrado.

That sound your heard was the wailing and gnashing of teeth from an army base in Germany/a sizable part of Tuscany.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Wasn't Barca or whoever offering more? They could get more even if I think that's a fair price.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Troy Queef posted:

Sky Italia are reporting that ManUtd have offered €40 million for Cuadrado.

That sound your heard was the wailing and gnashing of teeth from an army base in Germany/a sizable part of Tuscany.

:(

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
So what happens to Siena going forward? Will they eventually re-form and start at the bottom of the pyramid or are they gone for good?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

ColdBlooded posted:

So what happens to Siena going forward? Will they eventually re-form and start at the bottom of the pyramid or are they gone for good?

They've been reformed in Serie D already, I think. vexin knows for sure.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Inter want 30m for Icardi :lol:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Soulex posted:

Hey, I needed a good laugh today!

Sport Mediaset appears to think Milan struck a deal with Genoa for Perin at 10m. They'll be getting themselves a hell of a keeper on the cheap if that's accurate.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Ohhh, the elusive "Good Milan news"

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Duro posted:

Ohhh, the elusive "Good Milan news"

Robinho is at Santos about to sign a contract and we got rid of Kevin Constant yesterday....Im spurtin here!

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gigi Galli posted:

Robinho is at Santos about to sign a contract and we got rid of Kevin Constant yesterday....Im spurtin here!

I'd be happy about that if we didn't look absolutely abysmal in our friendlies this summer....But hey, rookie coaches are the way to turn a struggling team around!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Duro posted:

I'd be happy about that if we didn't look absolutely abysmal in our friendlies this summer....But hey, rookie coaches are the way to turn a struggling team around!

Well more importantly getting rid of these turds frees up cash to actually buy good plaahahahahaha who am I kidding.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

10m for a keeper is a lot btw, not "on the cheap"

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Milan got that old spanish GK, Diego Lopez. Perin costs too much.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Perin owns and it would be a fantastic buy for them, even if he's expensive.

lso any excuse to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0PYslLWN5Y

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Milan got that old spanish GK, Diego Lopez. Perin costs too much.

Lol

Perin for 10 million is a steal. He's young, talented and Italian so it's going to cost more than other an average keeper.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Gigi Galli posted:

Lol

Perin for 10 million is a steal. He's young, talented and Italian so it's going to cost more than other an average keeper.

This, basically. You're look at the guy who, barring something, will be the national team's keeper for the next 2-3 world cups. 10m is a lot for a keeper but if this kid is anything like what he seems, he's absolutely a steal at a quarter the price that Juve paid for Buffon.

Edit: Buffon got sold for 45m, so yeah, getting Perin for 10m is pretty drat cheap. I read somewhere that Inzaghi was pissed that they couldn't keep the ball out of the back of the net and this is a drat fine way to fix that.

Robviously fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 6, 2014

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Robviously posted:

I read somewhere that Inzaghi was pissed that they couldn't keep the ball out of the back of the net and this is a drat fine way to fix that.

because milan are not allowed to have good defenders anymore

Vexin
Jan 13, 2014

ColdBlooded posted:

Like our good moderator said, they're going to be in Serie D next year and instead of referring to them as AC Siena, Sienese websites are now calling them Robur Siena. The club just presented its new manager, Massimo Morgia, who managed Pistoiese to the top spot in their girone in Serie D last year, and its new general director, former official Luigi Agnolin, most recently of Perugia, but also formerly associated with clubs like Venezia and Verona.

Apparently I'll need to do more reading about the situation in Pistoia at the end of last year, as apparently the club, in the letter explaining why the manager who led them to decisive promotion wasn't going to be staying with the club, included choice phrases like, "La Società e’ più importante di qualsiasi persona, allenatore compreso... [The club is more important than any person, the manager included]"

e: Just chiming in to agree that Perin for 10m is a good deal.

Vexin fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Aug 6, 2014

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Robviously posted:

This, basically. You're look at the guy who, barring something, will be the national team's keeper for the next 2-3 world cups.

So £10m is good value if you bank on Italian clubs failing to produce anything of worth for the next 12 years?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Pistoia :argh:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

sassassin posted:

So £10m is good value if you bank on Italian clubs failing to produce anything of worth for the next 12 years?

It's good value because he's a proven keeper with international experience and more than a full season of top flight football already at age 21. Now if they were plunking down 10 mil for Scuffet, who looks good but only has half a season or so then it'd be kinda ridiculous.

He'd absolutely be starting as well, this isn't for a backup or anything.

Also, Soulex and Vexin, while the city is Pistoia, the club is Pistoiese. Regardless, they are both pissacan :troll: :veneto:

Vexin
Jan 13, 2014

I presume this would follow the :911: template, with a lion crying over the flag of Venice?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Vexin posted:

I presume this would follow the :911: template, with a lion crying over the flag of Venice?

Yeah, you'd barely have to change the actual Veneto flag, just add a tear to the lion!

For reference:

e: I don't like the newer one it looks stupid

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Aug 6, 2014

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Does AC Milan have any sort of youth academy these days or is all energy geared towards making existing players play until they're 40 with the super milan lab?

Vexin
Jan 13, 2014

Did they take away the lion's sword in the new flag because it ~triggered~ the terrafirma?

Soulex posted:

The same article also claims that the plan is to take Destro from Roma if someone pays up for Icardi.

Also, I'm particularly charmed by Tuttosport's front page headline claiming that Ibra definitely wants to come back to Juventus. I mean, his father's sister's neighbor's cousin* heard him say it, it's totally true!

*the actual source cited was his former manager at Malmö.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Vexin posted:

Did they take away the lion's sword in the new flag because it ~triggered~ the terrafirma?

The same article also claims that the plan is to take Destro from Roma if someone pays up for Icardi.

Also, I'm particularly charmed by Tuttosport's front page headline claiming that Ibra definitely wants to come back to Juventus. I mean, his father's sister's neighbor's cousin* heard him say it, it's totally true!

*the actual source cited was his former manager at Malmö.

The " money is no object" part got me. Also, PSG pays for players, not really in the market to sell them.

And if anyone pays 30m for Icardi I'll loving tattoo my balls with "Wanda"

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

MrBling posted:

Does AC Milan have any sort of youth academy these days or is all energy geared towards making existing players play until they're 40 with the super milan lab?

Yeah, there is a pretty prolific one even. Petagna, De Sciglio, Mastour and El Sha all played on the primavera in recent years. Mastour is the hot property right now.

Vexin posted:

Haha, they might have. In general, as you probably know better than me, the sword means that the republic is at war, so I guess the opposite is that it's not?

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Aug 6, 2014

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Gigi Galli posted:

It's good value because he's a proven keeper with international experience and more than a full season of top flight football already at age 21.

It is.

It's got nothing to do with some guestimated future number 1 for x years nonsense. He's a good keeper at a decent price right now.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Soulex posted:

It's happening.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Gigi Galli posted:

Yeah, there is a pretty prolific one even. Petagna, De Sciglio, Mastour and El Sha all played on the primavera in recent years. Mastour is the hot property right now.

Thinking of young players and milan reminds me is that Berardi kid going to play at all

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Gigi Galli posted:

Yeah, you'd barely have to change the actual Veneto flag, just add a tear to the lion!

For reference:

e: I don't like the newer one it looks stupid

I don't think you need to add a tear to the newer one, it's sad enough on its own.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

tbp posted:

Thinking of young players and milan reminds me is that Berardi kid going to play at all

He plays for Sassuolo and Juve renewed the agreement so he'll be with the and probably start every game.

and score four more against Milan.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Gigi Galli posted:

He plays for Sassuolo and Juve renewed the agreement so he'll be with the and probably start every game.

I thought it was just one year i hope he does well!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

tbp posted:

Good enough to score 16 in 29 for Sassuolo. Imagine what he could do for a real team.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Gigi Galli posted:

Haha, they might have. In general, as you probably know better than me, the sword means that the republic is at war, so I guess the opposite is that it's not?

Umm, El Sha is not a milan product ffs

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Charlotte Hornets posted:

Umm, El Sha is not a milan product ffs

Genoa, Milan, same thing. He did play in the primavera squad at some point though :v:

Vexin
Jan 13, 2014

Gigi Galli posted:

You're right, the lion with the sword was usually [heraldry wasn't regulated as strictly in Venice as elsewhere] displayed on a navy ship instead of a merchant ship. I was just making a bad joke. ;)

Soulex posted:

Oh the men of TRP and their balls...

Re: Sassuolo, I saw that their GK just had surgery to repair a broken leg. Berardi's going to have to up the pace, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
milan needs to play more youngsters and less 30 year old mercenaries with broken legs in the middle of the park.

• Locked thread