Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

Kehveli posted:

Got a pretty cool awp ace in goon mm today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQtvXisy1kk

Too bad about the usp kill, if that was straight up run there and headshot him that would have made it so much better.

Why didn't you even try to awp through smoke before dropping? You can't do amazing things unless you try.

D+ for lack of effort.

Ephedra fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Aug 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Ephedra posted:

You can't do amazing things unless you try.

Speaking of: I got my first smoke defuse last night in MM. A-site on cache and I knew the last T was chilling in squeeky. There wasn't much time to run at him plus it was risky. So I just dropped a smoke at my feet and went for it. Can't believe it took this long for me to finally try that strat. :ninja:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I wish there was some queue countermeasure against unrankeds. Getting stuck in a flat out unwinnable game cause of one or two guys is miserable.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Xenaero posted:

I wish there was some queue countermeasure against unrankeds. Getting stuck in a flat out unwinnable game cause of one or two guys is miserable.
Unless you're smurfing, at your rank there should be almost no way to get matched against actual unrankeds. Not everyone with an invisible rank is actually unranked, other than your first (maybe 1-3) games, you always have a rank, it just doesn't show until your 10th win.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Coleman posted:

Unless you're smurfing, at your rank there should be almost no way to get matched against actual unrankeds. Not everyone with an invisible rank is actually unranked, other than your first (maybe 1-3) games, you always have a rank, it just doesn't show until your 10th win.
I don't know, in eagle games unrankeds are always either really bad or cheating blatantly.

At badge it's usually a healthier mix of badge or really bad.

edit: I'm on a sweet 12 game loss streak right now.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Aug 7, 2014

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
I'm terrible

Going back a few pages, I think I might have to try -processheap again. I'm getting terrible "every game and at halftime" framerate issues for no apparent reason. But before I do, I'm curious if anyone more into the hardware-performance level stuff has any input:

I upgraded to a GTX770 last year and was running my three monitors(2 for desktop-only stuff, 1 for gaming) off it solely. I figured what-the-hell a week or two back and installed my older GTX560Ti in my second PCIE slot and put my two desktops (and PhysX) on that card, leaving the 770 to solely handle the gaming monitor. Not SLI, mind you, just letting the 770 focus on ~gaming graphics~ and the 560 handling everything else.

This *definitely* improved performance in CSGO(I was probably getting some GPU memory issues) previously, but I do notice that this weird performance-drop thing has become more common. One other thing I accidentally noticed the other day is that despite my motherboard(P67A-GD65) technically having dual PCIEx16 slots, both the cards appear to be running in x8 mode. While some googling says there's no way any card maxes out an x8 slot, I am curious if maybe this has something to do with the weird random performance hitches the require client restarts?

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Cuntpunch posted:

While some googling says there's no way any card maxes out an x8 slot, I am curious if maybe this has something to do with the weird random performance hitches the require client restarts?

Nope.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Khorne posted:

edit: I'm on a sweet 12 game loss streak right now.

I've dropped from MG2 to Silver Elite this week. I'm still getting owned and bottom fragging.

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!
I've been playing with two brand new players for the past 2 weeks.

I've dropped from DMG to 2x AK and I've lost like 8 straight matches. It's only a matter of time until I'm at 1x AK.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

I've dropped from MG2 to Silver Elite this week. I'm still getting owned and bottom fragging.

Are you playing Operation Breakout maps? Because I find that playing Operation maps is a cointoss as to whether or not poo poo will turn out ok, but as soon as I let a little Mirage or Cache back into the mix, I start winning again.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Fair next

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

So in another week or so you'll be silver 1 where you belong?

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

bigis posted:

I might do that, thanks. I also found this in case others are interested:

http://csgo.gamebanana.com/tools/5684

Thanks for this,works perfect. I can choose to play eu-west or us-easy exclusively.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Here we see a firefighter on duty, thanks to great advancements in technology we can see what the firefighter sees using breakthrough cameras that don't impede him whatsoever!

Looks like all that smoke is blinding his vision! How will our hero get out of this one?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Today we had a fun match on cs_italy. Thank you goons.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Xenaero posted:

Here we see a firefighter on duty, thanks to great advancements in technology we can see what the firefighter sees using breakthrough cameras that don't impede him whatsoever!

Needs to be a HE exploding behind him.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

mcvey posted:

Needs to be a HE exploding behind him.

Why are HE grenades so worthless, by the way, CS thread? just balance reasons I guess?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Grapplejack posted:

Why are HE grenades so worthless, by the way, CS thread? just balance reasons I guess?

They're good if you know where/when/what/how/why to throw them. They're not 1.6-strong but they're alright if you can use them properly.

Though most of the time as T I'd rather have a molly.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Grapplejack posted:

Because despite it being more ~*realistic*~ having more powerful grenades just results in counter-strike becoming a game centered around throwing grenades which isn't fun or interesting. If you think they're worthless it's because you aren't using them properly.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ive learnt in the past few days that it doesnt matter where you are on the planet; if a mirror map of dust2 loads, people will get really loving mad

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I am only a silver scrub but I carry a frag for the times that I see blood from my hit and the enemy retreats around the corner. I then throw it at the corner, often getting several kills this way.

Difference being to most nades is that those are thrown pre-emptively and I throw my frag grenade as a reaction to something, not from a pre-determined spot.

Am I learning bad habits?

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Necc0 posted:

Because despite it being more ~*realistic*~ having more powerful grenades just results in counter-strike becoming a game centered around throwing grenades which isn't fun or interesting. If you think they're worthless it's because you aren't using them properly.

Word, like Day of Defeat grenades, poo poo is dumb as hell.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

The Flying Fish posted:

ive learnt in the past few days that it doesnt matter where you are on the planet; if a mirror map of dust2 loads, people will get really loving mad

Ahahah did some rear end in a top hat leave during the loading and cause the server to die again?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Spudd posted:

Ahahah did some rear end in a top hat leave during the loading and cause the server to die again?

no last night I just appeared on the voting menu and made people yell. it never had a chance

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mirror maps are the most powerful troll known to man

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

[sees season and mirage_ce on voting list] :sicknasty: :69snypa: ownage this is completely my poo poo, :henget: im down and love the supreme balance and fun gameplay of these maps, :holymoley: some of whihc i had never played until this moment :burger:

[dust2 mirror, a map which is exactly like dust2, but instead you go right to go to b site is voted in]

:argh: :sbahj: :catstare: this is bad and unbalanced :argh: what monster would play this freaky bullsiht :cmon: lets play a real map like dust2, not this twisted hellspawn, a map that is the same but opposite :barf:

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

The Flying Fish posted:

[sees season and mirage_ce on voting list] :sicknasty: :69snypa: ownage this is completely my poo poo, :henget: im down and love the supreme balance and fun gameplay of these maps, :holymoley: some of whihc i had never played until this moment :burger:

[dust2 mirror, a map which is exactly like dust2, but instead you go right to go to b site is voted in]

:argh: :sbahj: :catstare: this is bad and unbalanced :argh: what monster would play this freaky bullsiht :cmon: lets play a real map like dust2, not this twisted hellspawn, a map that is the same but opposite :barf:

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Vahakyla posted:

I am only a silver scrub but I carry a frag for the times that I see blood from my hit and the enemy retreats around the corner. I then throw it at the corner, often getting several kills this way.

Difference being to most nades is that those are thrown pre-emptively and I throw my frag grenade as a reaction to something, not from a pre-determined spot.

Am I learning bad habits?

First post says to use them as a parting shot so you seem to be on the money. They are also good for prenading, toss that fucker down mid on inferno and you have good odds on tagging up the awper before anything even happens or into double doors dust 2 for gently caress you I basically start at half health. As far as I can tell advanced use is just being used to the source engine for bouncing them off walls when moving. Like into the b bomb site for the guy who is invariably planting closeish to the window.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Mirror maps make me queasy.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Necc0 posted:

I just find it hard to pick one up over another type of grenade but that might just be my inexperience with them / their explosion radius.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Pizza nade and reverse pizza nade are all you need for skill nades on dust 2

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Are you going to pizza??

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

Shots Fired

Also I don't even necessarily mind smoke being weird full vision stoppage. My problem with smoke is that it's NON-DETERMINISTIC. The smoke one player's machine renders is not guaranteed to match that on other screens, which means there's no way to actually know if you're holding a good angle or not. gently caress valve smoke.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

mirror maps should literally be made of mirrors so you can shoot through all the walls to get to wherever you want

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I don't know why I bet on csgo lounge, I don't even gamble in real life.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Photex posted:

That feel when you're +40$ positive and lose a couple in a row and make a big bet and end up being only 5$ positive.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Photex posted:

Personally I do it because I am an idiot with no redeeming qualities.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Do goons have a preference for M4A4 or M4A1? I do alright with the AK but I cannot figure out how to do well with the M4. I have a much harder time scoring long range kills, and short range goes kind of haywire even with their fast fire rates.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

MadBimber posted:

Do goons have a preference for M4A4 or M4A1? I do alright with the AK but I cannot figure out how to do well with the M4. I have a much harder time scoring long range kills, and short range goes kind of haywire even with their fast fire rates.

I suggest the Famas.:csgo:

I am only half joking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom ZombieForm
Oct 29, 2010

I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
I do not understand the unsilenced m4 (got the asiimov skin so I felt obligated to try it out). Unsilenced costs more, is not as accurate, and is not silenced… keep in mind I am a golden ak and suck at this game

In the gutter I can never afford an unsilenced m4 too, which is the more frustrating thing

• Locked thread