Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Werthog 95 posted:

everybody gets one free fishmeching, after that it should be an autoban
no because

uncurable mlady posted:

the only thing better than fishmeching is watching someone get fishmeched, hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
free fishmech to good home

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I heard we might be releasing weaponized fishmech on Iraq

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

YOU'RE CONFIRMING THERE'S SOMEONE ELSE

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Luigi Thirty posted:

we fishmeched some folks

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Luigi Thirty posted:

actually,

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
if yospos is so accepting, why is it that i, a fish in a mechsuit

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

stoutfish posted:

we fishmeched some folks

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

did you enlist :ohdear:

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

stoutfish posted:

we fishmeched some folks

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

turns out the us govt has weapons grade fishmechium

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

greetings broadcaster we're going to mute your video game stream for having video game music

also close justin.tv and erase all the videos and delete all the vods on twitch too for good measure

no we're totally being bought by google next week that's why we're deleting everything and cutting costs in the most obvious and panicked way possible where else you gonna stream

owned lol

Lol http://fi.somethingawful.com/customtitles/title-luigi_thirty.jpeg

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

He looks like he knows about computers.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

:allears:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
I was pretty close to taking a job at twitch but I'm glad I didnt

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

rotor posted:

rotor is the sage that yospos needs but doesnt deserve

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

rotor posted:

same but if i had and you had things wouldve been p loving weird stairs right?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i watch twitch dota, street fig, star craft, or counter strike sometimes when im doing chores

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
these people are seriously no poo poo loving watching a goddamn fish play motherfucking pokemon

gently caress

this

world

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

FrozenVent posted:

these people are seriously no poo poo loving watching a goddamn fish play motherfucking pokemon

gently caress

this

world

they should be like our ancestors who watched the grass grow and play with sticks

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

stoutfish posted:

they should be like our ancestors who watched the grass grow and play with sticks

similar levels of intellectual stimulation

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
literally everyone stopped watching because the fish can't get out of pallet town.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

FrozenVent posted:

gently caress

this

world

that's actch a p. cool idea. wish i'd thought of it! i prob couldve coded the thing, but i suck at the ideas part. :shrug:

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
I love this weird new reality where we get to see the face behind the gamertag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eQi3We_whE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEo9AFHJfOI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfCp2tDPlHQ

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Giantwaffle ftw.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
emperor giantwaffle beard

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

the king-emperor

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
amazon lol?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-08-25-amazon-in-talks-to-buy-twitch-report

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/25/6066355/amazon-twitch-buyout-deal-report

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
honestly I'd rather have google buy them out. amazon has somehow managed to be worse than google, and at least google could integrate it with youtube.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
amazon bought twitch

http://online.wsj.com/articles/amazon-to-buy-video-site-twitch-for-more-than-1-billion-1408988885

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

in before amazon fire phone pewdiepie edition

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

rip twitch

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

"... according to a person briefed on the matter."

That's not an official announcement.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Doc Block posted:

"... according to a person briefed on the matter."

That's not an official announcement.

it may be a terrible randian rag but i would take a decent bet that the wsj wouldn't report this unless they were pretty sure it was true

they broke apple switching to intel, lol

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

It’s almost unbelievable that slightly more than 3 years ago, Twitch didn’t exist. The moment we launched, we knew we had stumbled across something special. But what followed surprised us as much as anyone else, and the impact it’s had on both the community and us has been truly profound. Your talent, your passion, your dedication to gaming, your memes, your brilliance - these have made Twitch what it is today. Every day, we strive to live up to the standard set by you, the community. We want to create the very best place to share your gaming and life online, and that mission continues to guide us. Together with you, we’ve found new ways of connecting developers and publishers with their fans. We’ve created a whole new kind of career that lets people make a living sharing their love of games. We’ve brought billions of hours of entertainment, laughter, joy and the occasional ragequit. I think we can all call that a pretty good start. Today, I’m pleased to announce we’ve been acquired by Amazon. We chose Amazon because they believe in our community, they share our values and long-term vision, and they want to help us get there faster. We’re keeping most everything the same: our office, our employees, our brand, and most importantly our independence. But with Amazon’s support we’ll have the resources to bring you an even better Twitch. I personally want to thank you, each and every member of the Twitch community, for what you’ve created. Thank you for putting your faith in us. Thank you for sticking with us through growing pains and stumbles. Thank you for bringing your very best to us and sharing it with the world. Thank you, from a group of gamers who never dreamed they’d get to help shape the face of the industry that we love so much. It’s dangerous to go alone. On behalf of myself and everyone else at Twitch, thank you for coming with us. Emmett Shear, CEO

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

it may be a terrible randian rag but i would take a decent bet that the wsj wouldn't report this unless they were pretty sure it was true

they broke apple switching to intel, lol

they also super promised that there was an apple-branded television coming out for like a year

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

true gamers will spot the gaming reference in there ;)

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

qirex posted:

they also super promised that there was an apple-branded television coming out for like a year

oh yeah, hmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

I wanna get murdered on stream. I Want a thousand, no, TEN THOsuand gamers jammin' out to my sweet tunes, 'mirin my sick headshots. Clutch or kick!! well the clutch would be in my very home. 2 men armed with bullets just race in thru my window. i would be like "Clarissa Explains It All," except i would get brutally fuckin murdred right there on webcam haha. the video feed tinted a crimson read from my fatty blood. robber would see that im playin some sweet css, say hi to the stream, and 1v4 clutch w/ defuse before leaving the scene.

• Locked thread