Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Vladimir Poutine posted:

Do this for people who walk slowly in front of me in the supermarket.
I'd personally vote for an extra special camp for people who take trolleys through self service checkouts. They always scan their poo poo really slowly as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foundry Dancer
Apr 21, 2005

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

Have it at Go Lounge. It's BYO and you can order in curry and you can play Twilight Struggle while you chat auspol.

This is a legit awesome idea. The GoLounge is great and the perfect place for goons to feel safe and loved.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

monolithburger posted:

I'd personally vote for an extra special camp for people who take trolleys through self service checkouts. They always scan their poo poo really slowly as well.

Or people who take trolleys through the basket only lane at Woolies. Or people who clearly have more than twelve items. In fact, how about an entire "supermarket faux pas" compound?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
And bring along Rouge Trader.

Chrodyn
Apr 10, 2007

Go Lounge sounds like a pretty awesome place for a goonmeet. It has been a long time since I played any tabletop games!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Reminder to Adelaide goons that Abbott will be at Adelaide Uni on the 21st, see to it that he's properly welcomed.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Anidav posted:

And bring along Rouge Trader.

I would be all for this.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

The best goon game is always Baron Munchausen.

Also the best twitter right now https://twitter.com/Kate_McClymont

Kate McClymont @Kate_McClymont

This is dynamite. Owen has given false evidence. He received $10k from McCloy and Owen DID NOT hand it back but used it on campaign #icac

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Malcolm Turnbull, copper Tech Priest.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Anidav posted:

Malcolm Turnbull, copper Tech Priest.

Scott Morrison, high lord of terror

DeathMuffin
May 25, 2004

Cake or Death

ewe2 posted:

You know how there was rumour that the federal Liberal Party want to make businesses party members and to give them a vote? Well, it would seem they're trying it out in Sydney. You see, they hate Clover so much they want to give businesses the vote. No, that's incorrect. Two votes

And not just give them the vote, but make it compulsory for them to vote.

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

sidviscous posted:

And not just give them the vote, but make it compulsory for them to vote.

They already HAVE the vote, but that's apparently not good enough, because business owners, unlike poor people, can't be expected to pull their identification and enrollment every year.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

What's to stop someone registering thousands of businesses?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Small Keating posted:

MELBOURNE GOONS MOBILIZE. We can't let these northerners show us up, with their sunshine and their palm trees and their militarized police state.

No, srsly, what are the thoughts on Melbgoonmeet?

I'd be down for that.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

http://applyforthedole.com.au/dolebludger-app

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

From the andrew bolt supporters page on facebook.

They really hate the greens in there.

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED
I don't want to alarm anyone, but NTATA AND THE LNP ARE FAILING TO PROTECT ARE BORDERS

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

duck monster posted:

They couldn't even bother resizing her face properly? They just squashed it in there. Poor form.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

But if she's a 'secret Muslim', wouldn't her true colours still be Green? If they just gave things even a moment more thought, they could construct better jokes.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Remember the Freedom scouts that used to camp in the bush and practice guerilla warfare for when Indonesia invades?

Who's laughing now huh?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

There's no loving way the LNP are winning the next NSW election after so many beheadings, right?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Endman posted:

They couldn't even bother resizing her face properly? They just squashed it in there. Poor form.

I'm surprised they squashed her vertically; people like that would normally be all over trying to make her look fatter.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Racists have never been so close to having this country on lockdown, so who knows?

I don't see much difference between the Liberals and Labor at this point, so if Rupert moves sides we'll still be screwed.

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

NORTH KOREA IS ONLY KOREA.

Anidav posted:

There's no loving way the LNP are winning the next NSW election after so many beheadings, right?

It's pretty much douche or turd sandwich at this stage.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Anidav posted:

ICAC has found that NSW Labor did a bunch of corrupt poo poo too, and there's still plenty of time for more to come out.

Labor is also starting from well behind (although not as far as they are in Queensland).

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Kommando posted:

:frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::psyduck:

When: Saturday 23rd August. 6pm onwards.

You've put this on the same day as a South Brisbane Greens event. Now I'm going to have to decide who I like more: Brisgoons or Qld Greens

both are terrible

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

duck monster posted:

She looks less like a Islamist sympathiser and more like a pro wrestler there.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Anidav posted:

The current NSW opposition leader (John Roberston) "forgot" to tell police he was offered a $3 million bribe from a property developer (Michael McGurk) who was later murdered by another property developer (Ron Medich).

The bribe was offered over the sale of a ~unions NSW~ property as well :laugh:

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

duck monster posted:

I get that this is just garden variety :tinfoil: but is there a particular reason they picked her?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Brown Paper Bag posted:

She looks less like a Islamist sympathiser and more like a pro wrestler there.

It's the Ultimate Warrior!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Vladimir Poutine posted:

I get that this is just garden variety :tinfoil: but is there a particular reason they picked her?

She's young, female and a Green. She's not a foreigner, but three outta four ain't bad!

Nuclear Spy
Jun 10, 2008

feeling under?

IronicBeetCriminal posted:

It's the Ultimate Warrior!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Urcher posted:

You've put this on the same day as a South Brisbane Greens event. Now I'm going to have to decide who I like more: Brisgoons or Qld Greens

Maybe we should crash the QLD Greens event to start taking them over.

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

NORTH KOREA IS ONLY KOREA.

Bifauxnen posted:

It's a proven method.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

That's not the first time this thread has suggested that the best way to fix the Qld Greens is to join them.

Count me in.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

What's wrong with them? Besides being in QLD I mean.

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

Anidav posted:

NSW Labor are rotten to the core as well. Remember, it was ICAC getting Eddie Obeid and Ian Macdonald that got the Liberals in in the first place.

The Libs will lose a fuckton of ground, but losing government isn't a guarantee. They're still ahead on polling.

Also as far as Queensland goes, a fun anecdote. My American brother-in-law decided to start reading up about Australian politics. He's fairly politically aware, but Yanks just don't get much information about us.

His first statement regarding Australian politics? His first conclusion after beginning his research?

"gently caress Queensland. Seriously."

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
They've all gone full Cartoon.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

IronicBeetCriminal posted:

What's wrong with them? Besides being in QLD I mean.

I joined despite their reputation, but I've only been a member for a month or two and haven't been to a meeting yet so can't say first hand.

What I've heard in this thread is that they tend towards the the gaia-earth-loving-pot-smoking-crystals-and-hugs-but-certainly-no-vaccines end of the greens spectrum, instead of the inner-city-cappucino-sipping-lets-build-more-solar-panels version that us technophiles would prefer to see with the balance of power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I'm not moving the date, two special irc goons can only make that day.

And there are several board game groups in BNE, I want chicken and Beer.

• Locked thread