Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Gigi Galli posted:

Tavecchio has given Conte a call about the Italy job.

Hmmm.
:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
I hope he doesn't go to Italy, I'd like to see him at another big club to see if he could form a machine like Juventus again before doing that

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'm not sure how I feel about Conte as Italy manager, he never did very well in Europe with us.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

I'm not sure how I feel about Conte as Italy manager, he never did very well in Europe with us.
consider the other options (outside of Spalletti)

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Sandwolf posted:

He's a bad cup manager in general from what I've seen. Really we need Carletto who wont be available for a while or Spalletti.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I think Conte was more focused on the Scudetto to be assed with Europe. If that was his only goal, I think he would do well.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

I think Conte was more focused on the Scudetto to be assed with Europe. If that was his only goal, I think he would do well.

Nah, they built a side to challenge in Europe and he hosed it up.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Let's be honest, I don't think that Italy will have a team able to win a Champions' League in the immediate future. When your A-list players break or are tired and the second line is made up of primavera players or loans from the Società Polisportiva Minchiarotta you can't win the Champions and have at the same time a good result in the championship.

Let's not forget that this year's Milan and Inter sucked dog balls. Milan's performance was so bad that in fact I stopped following football after February, and never really considered Juventus' title in doubt; I only followed some of Atalanta due to the fact that a few friends of mine work for Percassi and Atalanta is a pretty big deal here.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I'll be surprised if Roma don't do well in Europe tbh.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Soulex posted:

They're in the worst pot draw-wise because they were out of Europe so long their coefficient cratered, so they could easily get put in a killer group and be like Napoli last year--good but not quite good enough.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Soulex posted:

their squad is still paper thin compared to the good teams in Europe (this is a problem with all the Italian clubs except maybe Napoli).

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I think they'll do good. Napoli has some depth, but they always play like they don't give a gently caress.

Who is Roma seeded against?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Soulex posted:

I think they'll do good. Napoli has some depth, but they always play like they don't give a gently caress.

They're guaranteed to be in Pot 4 with all the diddy teams that had to make it through the qualifiers (and Monaco).

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Soulex posted:

? Roma finished second, they automatically qualify.

Napoli have to beat Athletic

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I'm jumping the gun.

Is it the end of August already :ohdear:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Roma is going to get a couple of players let go, one of which almost assuredly is Benatia. My money is on Destro for the other.

De Sanctis even said today, and was retweeted by Roma's official twitter "Mehdi is a professional and it'd be nice to have him still with us, but sometimes a team needs to sacrifice something"

In my personal, totally unbiased opinion, Roma is not going to do as well as last year, except they'll probably trounce us on game day one.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

canepazzo posted:

Roma is going to get a couple of players let go, one of which almost assuredly is Benatia. My money is on Destro for the other.

De Sanctis even said today, and was retweeted by Roma's official twitter "Mehdi is a professional and it'd be nice to have him still with us, but sometimes a team needs to sacrifice something"

In my personal, totally unbiased opinion, Roma is not going to do as well as last year, except they'll probably trounce us on game day one.
Roma doesn't need to let anyone go and if they do they'll almost certainly reinvest that money in the team. They've bought all these players with the Marquinhos and Lamela money

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

straight up brolic posted:

Roma doesn't need to let anyone go and if they do they'll almost certainly reinvest that money in the team. They've bought all these players with the Marquinhos and Lamela money

I thought the same, but in fact, the Marquinhos and Lamela and Osvaldo money was used to pay for pre-existing debts. They're way in the red at the moment.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Cippalippus posted:

Società Polisportiva Minchiarotta

lmao

agreed on all counts, though

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

canepazzo posted:

I thought the same, but in fact, the Marquinhos and Lamela and Osvaldo money was used to pay for pre-existing debts. They're way in the red at the moment.
I thought that was a myth that Pallotta shot down even before they sold those players? there was a 78m hole but they used internal investment to cover it iirc

e: Gazzetta said they were over their wage budget, but only had to "consider" selling players.

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Aug 12, 2014

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

straight up brolic posted:

I thought that was a myth that Pallotta shot down even before they sold those players? there was a 78m hole but they used internal investment to cover it iirc

e: Gazzetta said they were over their wage budget, but only had to "consider" selling players.

Knowing what happened with the stadium now I wouldnt' be surprised if they're still in big debt and are using clever accounting to cover expenses like everyone else

Vexin
Jan 13, 2014

I spent too much time trying to figure out where the gently caress some of the teams in Siena's girone are and somehow missed the news that Wanda and Mauro are expecting. While searching for more news about this blessed event I happened upon an Inter forum--an Inter forum where 10% of the forum denizens genuinely believe that Icardi will end up as an absolute legend of the game (there was a poll and everything). These believers were engaged in discussion with mild dissenters who believe he will now suffer from being pussy-whipped, but in the midst of all that was the following exchange:

i due sapienti interisti posted:

--This motherfucker better not leave.. I already bought an Icardi shirt.
--When did you buy the shirt? You could return it and buy Osvaldo's shirt instead.
--I dont think my country knows who Osvaldo is.

Vexin fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Aug 13, 2014

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
A forum for Inter followers must be the saddest thing after the anime subforum we have here.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Tavecchio has given Conte a call about the Italy job.

Hmmm.

itshappening.gif

As the second choice, we have Zaccheroni.

Conte asked, and obtained, according to SKY:

2-3 stages every year, on top of normal friendlies and trainings
Total support from all the Serie A and B teams and managers
An adequate pay

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Dear Juve fans,

Please use your crooked influence with authorities and unsavory figures to prevent this from being a sign of things to come.

-A fan of the game

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

There's a picture of Cuadrado signing a Barca shirt floating around as well.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

If he's sold and we get shitbags chicharito and nani in return I'm going to melt down so loving hard

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I actually think Hernandez would be pretty good, but probably not enough for Juve.

Also, Panagiotis "Napoli Slayer" Kone has signed for Udinese: https://twitter.com/Udinese_1896/status/499626112268664832/photo/1

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Vexin posted:

I spent too much time trying to figure out where the gently caress some of the teams in Siena's girone are and somehow missed the news that Wanda and Mauro are expecting.

So is the tattoo artist gonna be in the delivery room or is that more of a christening thing?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Maybe he's the next in the collection and will join such noted Juve forwards as Iaquinta, Amauri and Matri in the hall of poo poo.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Conte's pay will be 3.5m euros, 2ish of which is paid by the sponsor, Puma.

Tavecchio, our new FIGC (the italian FA) president during the electoral period:

"You cannot demand 3m euros in a moment where the country is in the poo poo, if you are given a football association like ours a manager could even work for free. The italian press is worried cause on the 6th of September we have a friendly with Holland, on the bench I will send Rivera (if I have to). At 70, I don't compromise"

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Aug 14, 2014

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I would prefer Cuadrado to go to barcelona than Man U. A Cuadrado VS Ronaldo match would be awesome.

Silly season is in full swing as there are now rumors that Rossi is going to Liverpool (laugh!) and that Khediras "girlfriend" prefers a move to Viola.

Khedira would be a great addition, especially with Gomez and the new dude from Chelsea on loan who can help him fit in.

Speakin of. I hope our loan dude does good. 5m buyout at the end of the season.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Conte's pay will be 3.5m euros, 2ish of which is paid by the sponsor, Puma.

Tavecchio, our new FIGC (the italian FA) president during the electoral period:

"You cannot demand 3m euros in a moment where the country is in the poo poo, if you are given a football association like ours a manager could even work for free. The italian press is worried cause on the 6th of September we have a friendly with Holland, on the bench I will send Rivera (if I have to). At 70, I don't compromise"

Supposedly his contract will last until 2016. Seems all but done though, nice of Puma to prop up our FA :v:

We've got a friendly against Holland in 3 weeks I think, I wonder if he'll be able to pull anything out of this side by then. If Rossi doesn't play Im gonna be mad as hell also.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Lucas Batistuta will be playing in Florence this year at Porta Romana!

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?

Gigi Galli posted:

Supposedly his contract will last until 2016. Seems all but done though, nice of Puma to prop up our FA :v:

We've got a friendly against Holland in 3 weeks I think, I wonder if he'll be able to pull anything out of this side by then. If Rossi doesn't play Im gonna be mad as hell also.

Is it really that bad? There's no money?

I can't believe that they can't pay.

Also: What does the average football fan think of Serie A in general. I know the prestige level has fallen a bit but is it really as bad as people make it sound? Like, "OMG I CAN'T GO TO ITALY IT'S SUCH A STEP BACK I BETTER PLAY FLURGENBERGENPLATZ" or some poo poo? If I remember correctly Visic needed to release a statement as to why going to Italy was not a step back in his career.

I'm too biased to think Serie A is that poo poo.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Funkysauce posted:

Also: What does the average football fan think of Serie A in general. I know the prestige level has fallen a bit but is it really as bad as people make it sound? Like, "OMG I CAN'T GO TO ITALY IT'S SUCH A STEP BACK I BETTER PLAY FLURGENBERGENPLATZ" or some poo poo? If I remember correctly Visic needed to release a statement as to why going to Italy was not a step back in his career.

The biggest signing so far has been Morata; Iturbe just changed clubs within Serie A. Our top goalscorer left for Germany for not even 20m. Majority of the players signed so far are on a free, on a loan, or exchanges.

Serie A is that poo poo.

E: Cuadrado not called up for Saturday's friendly. Buena suerte Juan :(

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Aug 14, 2014

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Funkysauce posted:

In all honesty, Serie A is on such a trajectory that MLS is going to be a better/more respected league in +/- 4 years.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Robviously posted:

In all honesty, Serie A is on such a trajectory that MLS is going to be a better/more respected league in +/- 4 years.

Lets not get stupid

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Robviously posted:

Is there any way to stop the rot? I mean, the Bundesliga was considered crap no more than a decade ago and now it's being heralded as the real best league in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Robviously posted:

lmao good luck with that

• Locked thread