Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Transaction got stuck because one of it contains small output, please help! (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 2 minutes ago by smalloutput

Hi!

It's been over 6 hours now and there's not a single confirmation yet. I didn't know the problem at first but after I read that it's a medium priority even though there's fee, I googled the pop up that says "small output and non standard" problem and discovered that transactions will be stuck if one of the output under 0.01 BTC.

I put 0.00028 fee for a 628 bytes transaction so I believe it's more than sufficient. The priority now changed to high since 2 hours ago but it's been many blocks and there are no confirmation.

What hurt the most is that there's no warning whatsoever in the blockchain wallet. If only they warned me that small remaining change could make a transaction stuck, I would have send my entire fund without leaving change.

I also thought that they would actually send the entire amount in one output and not 2 outputs with one of them that's very small goes back to wallet and causing problem. And lastly, why would the small change output causing the entire transaction to be stuck, it's just so impractical.

Transaction : https://blockchain.info/tx/0861d04deb1dbf843be7100d83617c721b9b38e5197ba4b01805dc320b913607

If anyone have a solution, I would really appreciate it. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Robawesome posted:

Transaction got stuck because one of it contains small output, please help! (self.Bitcoin)

Hi!

It's been over 6 hours now and there's not a single confirmation yet. I didn't know the problem at first but after I read that it's a medium priority even though there's fee, I googled the pop up that says "small output and non standard" problem and discovered that transactions will be stuck if one of the output under 0.01 BTC.

I put 0.00028 fee for a 628 bytes transaction so I believe it's more than sufficient. The priority now changed to high since 2 hours ago but it's been many blocks and there are no confirmation.

What hurt the most is that there's no warning whatsoever in the blockchain wallet. If only they warned me that small remaining change could make a transaction stuck, I would have send my entire fund without leaving change.

I also thought that they would actually send the entire amount in one output and not 2 outputs with one of them that's very small goes back to wallet and causing problem. And lastly, why would the small change output causing the entire transaction to be stuck, it's just so impractical.

Transaction : https://blockchain.info/tx/0861d04deb1dbf843be7100d83617c721b9b38e5197ba4b01805dc320b913607

bitcoin is great for micro transactions

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

FrozenVent posted:

bitcoin is great for micro transactions
*tips you .003 satoshis*

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
Bitcoin Forum > Bitcoin > Bitcoin Discussion (Moderators: hazek, tysat, malevolent) > Why don't people under ISIS rule buy bitcoin?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Robawesome posted:

"someone sold a house".

Robawesome posted:

If only they warned me

Robawesome posted:

it's just so impractical.

mods pls

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

not a large movement by bitcoin standards, but still a respectable two-months low

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Guess who's back, back again
Logan's back, tell a friend
Guess who's back,
guess who's back,
guess who's back,
guess who's back
guess who's back
Guess who's back...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1674712282/guitar-pick-startup/?ref=kicktraq

the sheer number of ways that logansryche is pathetic makes me both cackle with laughter and feel deeply ashamed at the same time for doing so

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

Robawesome posted:

for reference

Xapo blog

actual product

[–]Sparrow-Sean[S] 1 point 3 minutes ago

I would of liked something that had Xapo on it, I originally thought the image they showed on their website was going to be the card they had sent out with the branding name, it would be a lot cooler if it actually came out that way, but sadly - it seems that idea didn't come to play. For me a card is a card, but I am all about brand awareness, if someone asked me about the card I would be like it is from Xapo, but they'd probably look at me funny!

i hope they're doing something really stupid like just issuing company cards without any special agreement

and also manually loading funds when people transfer to their account

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

bit.... coin?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

suffix posted:

i hope they're doing something really stupid like just issuing company cards without any special agreement

I'm all about brand awareness so, when people ask me about my card, I am all "its a Scotiabank cineplex, in red" :smug:

You should see the envy in their eyes.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

suffix posted:

i hope they are credit cards and not debit cards because that means the guy who tried it out by getting £10 from an ATM paid £3-5 cash advance fee as well as ~30% interest, so that £10 probably cost him ~£15

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Erenthal posted:

the sheer number of ways that logansryche is pathetic makes me both cackle with laughter and feel deeply ashamed at the same time for doing so

i wonder if he took the time off between this and his last kickstarter attempt to learn how copyrights work?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sweevo posted:

i wonder if he took the time off between this and his last kickstarter attempt to learn how copyrights work?
you dont actually wonder that

you know the answer to that question

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
as always in the bitcoin thread the answer is "lol no"

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

Tiny Bug Child posted:

Bitcoin Forum > Bitcoin > Bitcoin Discussion (Moderators: hazek, tysat, malevolent) > Why don't people under ISIS rule buy bitcoin?

bitcoiners deserve nothing less than beheading.

Isis and yospos, a winning combination.

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

Sweevo posted:

i hope they are credit cards and not debit cards because that means the guy who tried it out by getting £10 from an ATM paid £3-5 cash advance fee as well as ~30% interest, so that £10 probably cost him ~£15

they're not, they're prepaid visa debit cards
https://mychoicecorporate.com/
but they're for businesses and it would be against the TOS to sublease them without a special agreement

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Mido posted:

i would kill for an in depth history podcast that used the voice of guy from radiolab or 99% invisible

radiolab is unlistenable.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

anthonypants posted:

more like thud august

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Robawesome posted:

Hi!

looks like his transaction went through, only took 7 and half hours

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Perplx posted:

looks like his transaction went through, only took 7 and half hours

well compared to the 6 months it takes the horse and rider to give my amazon payment to the seller that's nothing

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

robawesome how often do you check buttprices

asking for a archrival

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

The Leck posted:

roman mars is perpetually on the edge of sneezing and I can't stand it.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

The Leck posted:

Malloreon posted:

roman mars is perpetually on the edge of sneezing and I can't stand it.

so then it's decided

all podcasts are bad

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mido posted:

so then it's decided

all podcasts are bad

Correct, except for the ones that arent

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Mido posted:

so then it's decided

all podcasts are bad

no seriously you dummies listen to andy daly:

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/the-wit-and-wisdom-of-the-west-with-dalton-wilcox/

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
http://organofcorti.blogspot.com/2014/08/167-satoshis-hashrate.html

16.7 Satoshi's hashrate

quote:

Note: I refer to Satoshi as "he" throughout this post. This is for stylistic reasons, and perhaps next time I'll refer to Satoshi as "she", or "it" or "them". Use of the masculine pronoun does not imply I have any special inside information.

quote:

5. Summary
Satoshi initially followed a plan of reducing the hashrate by 1.7 Mhps every five months, but a month after the second such drop abandoned this method in favour of a continuously decreasing hashrate.

This implies two things: Satoshi had a hashrate plan, and that initially Satoshi had very coarse-grained control of his hashrate, but then was able to achieve a very fine grained control of the hashrate.

These insights may help investigators determine the sort of hardware Satoshi used, and how much control he would have had over the early client or his PC / cloud infrastructure.

I'm the Satoshi investigator

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
also

Find a typo or spelling error? Email me with the details at organofcorti@organofcorti.org and if you're the first to email me I'll pay you 0.01 btc per ten errors.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Damiya posted:

also

Find a typo or spelling error? Email me with the details at organofcorti@organofcorti.org and if you're the first to email me I'll pay you 0.01 btc per ten errors.

5 bucks for ten errors

this is like when your granddad gives you 3 dollars to mow the lawn

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
guys i think the postchain is forked

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I see a lot of complaints about taxes, so how would you tax people?
submitted by Jacyle

I've seen a lot of people talk about how they hate taxes, but taxes are essential to creating a structured society. The extent of the services that should be offered is often debated, but the fact remains, you must taxes in some way.

How would you tax people?

[-] evoorhees 1 point
"Slaves are essential to creating a structured society." -Jacyle in 1854

|   [-] boyber 1 point
|   > "Slaves are essential to creating a structured society." -Jacyle
|   
|   source?
|   
|   |   [-] PotatoBadger 1 point
|   |   Source
|   |   
|   |   |   [-] Jacyle 1 point
|   |   |   very cute people
|   |   |   

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
why do they deny the existence of things that have to be paid for collectively as a class of things

the idea is that you pay for enough of them that you probably use a lot of them, like i dont currently use public schools but i do like parks roads and having police

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

theflyingorc posted:

why do they deny the existence of things that have to be paid for collectively as a class of things

the idea is that you pay for enough of them that you probably use a lot of them, like i dont currently use public schools but i do like parks roads and having police

nice attitude kunta kinte

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
i know everyone in this thread knows this, but it's so maddening: you have to pay for some services collectively, otherwise they won't get paid for. most people will opt out if they think they can - ie if taxes for roads are not compulsory, many (i'd argue most) people will try to let everyone else pay for it and then just use it themselves because they can

source: being alive, noticing things

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

theflyingorc posted:

many (i'd argue most) people will try to let everyone else pay for it and then just use it themselves because they can

actual bitcoiner:

quote:

I understand that for moon landing we need to spend, but I'm not going to spend because there's already people like you that will hopefully take care of it. Not interested in knowing 4 years from now that gallon of gas had an opportunity cost of millions of dollars like the pizza did.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

theflyingorc posted:

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

theflyingorc posted:

being alive? think u mean 'having been alive'

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQqZ9b0S0BY

from the gbs thread, it is the best

edit: I think it's safe to say at this point that bitcoin is literally backed by madness

theflyingorc fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 13, 2014

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

theflyingorc posted:

bitcoin is literally backed by madness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

theflyingorc posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQqZ9b0S0BY

from the gbs thread, it is the best

edit: I think it's safe to say at this point that bitcoin is literally backed by madness

holy
loving
poo poo

aren't enough rofls in the world

• Locked thread