Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Who the hell carries $1500 in their wallet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Oh god, his media team actually handed out that Mother Theresa poem.

E: Aaaaand the NSW Libs have lost another member to the crossbench.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

First ep was last night after QI, it's on iView. It's pretty good.

After it was Reality Check, a show aobut reality TV from the guys that made Gruen. Which had a decently strong start, at least. I don't see it being as well-regarded as Gruen, or as long-lived, but it's solid enough.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I shouldn't jump to conclusions but my advertising assignment is to build a campaign for Lindt Chocolate and my lecturer previously worked for them decades ago. Probably a coincidence.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Mate you're magical.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Anidav posted:

I shouldn't jump to conclusions but my advertising assignment is to build a campaign for Lindt Chocolate and my lecturer previously worked for them decades ago. Probably a coincidence.

Make sure you document yours in case it gets used.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Anidav posted:

Okay, look, I'm just going to say I'm really sorry about the gypsy curse I put on you.

chyaroh
Aug 8, 2007

Murodese posted:

The irony that Hockey is trying to quote facts and getting hated on is just unbelievably amazing.

e; also, they're really pushing the "overall tax burden $" hard over the more appropriate "tax burden as a percentage of income"

Someone needs to point out that the ABS also state that:

a) the top 20% have a net worth of $2.2million per household; and
b) the bottom 20% have a net worth of a touch over $31k.

I think the top 20% can probably afford a bit more fuel excise.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Anidav posted:

never stop posting about the dodgy uni

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Can anyone tell me if Lindt 90% is a struggling product?

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Anidav posted:

Never heard of it. Draw your conclusions from this.

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

God, get some new actors Australia.

Ol Sweepy
Nov 28, 2005

Safety First

Anidav posted:

Revenue: 2,882 billion CHF (2013).
Profit: Increase 303 million CHF (2013).

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Doctor Spaceman posted:

ICAC has had some hilariously incompetent lying, amongst other things. McClymont's twitter feed is great.
Seconding this. The Mayor McCloy stuff is pure gold. I'd love to have David Simon (co-creator of The Wire) cover this scandal in a TV show

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
It's really bitter though I guess you might be able to deal with it if you like your coffee black.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

You Am I posted:

Seconding this. The Mayor McCloy stuff is pure gold. I'd love to have David Simon (co-creator of The Wire) cover this scandal in a TV show

Bits of McCloy's stuff remind me of Clay Davis' testimony to the Grand Jury.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Anidav posted:

If it was decades ago I wouldn't get too worked up about it to be honest. They probably picked them because they're familiar with the business and the challenges that it faces.

If the lecturer is still in active contact with folks that work there, then yeah that's a problem.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Probably but after Bill Glasson every assignment I've done just feels like secretly working for Satan.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

The Deadly Hume posted:

It's really bitter though I guess you might be able to deal with it if you like your coffee black.

i got some 100% chocolate when i was back in syd, was super super good but you could only eat a 3mm square at a time

it lasted me like two weeks per block

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Anidav posted:

Probably but after Bill Glasson every assignment I've done just feels like secretly working for Satan.

Sounds like you're being nicely set up for life in the corporate world! Today I learned we're about to do a research project for a tobacco company :suicide:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Anidav posted:

At this point, next year you will be doing an unpaid internship for Satan.

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008

Looks like boring poo poo, watch John Pilger's documentary of the same name instead. thank

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Sell those souls faster, Anidav!

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Future Anidav posted:

Guys! I'm a little suss about my new boss. He seems really into jabbing people with pitchforks and there's heaps of young liberals and boomers hanging around. Also I'm not being paid. Again.

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010
Can we sell Anidav to ICAC? They can just leave him in a cafe and arrest anybody who shows up to try and employ him.

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin
Hey, I'd like some advice from anyone who's got some experience with Indigenous issues.

There's a group of three guys who are forming a tribal council in my town in protest over a development application that will destroy some sacred Aborginal sites.

Would it be presumptious or really whitefulla's burden to go over there and make a public statement of support? I really do legitimately want to help support them in any way I can, but I don't want to poke my nose in where it would be grody or weird for whitey to start interfering.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

You could always just ask "mate I want to help is there anything I can do?" and see what they say.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Quantum Mechanic posted:

Peter Phelps just took a sledge at people whose jobs are dependent on the taxpayer and government fiat.

'Not real jobs' is the best liberal talking point. All these people not doing work, not getting paid, and would be really upset if they lost their not jobs.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/alan-jones-convinced-government-on-voting-policy-shooters-mp-20140814-10412z.html

quote:

Alan Jones convinced government on voting policy: Shooters MP

Date
August 14, 2014 - 3:05PM

813 reading now
Be the first to comment

Nicole Hasham
State Politics reporter

View more articles from Nicole Hasham

Email Nicole

Broadcaster Alan Jones convinced the Baird government to back moves to overhaul business voting rights in the City of Sydney, the Shooters and Fishers Party says, prompting Lord Mayor Clover Moore to ask, “Who is running NSW?”

The government is supporting a Shooters and Fishers Party bill that would force thousands of businesses to vote in City of Sydney elections, potentially boosting the conservative vote and undermining Cr Moore and her progressive agenda.

Introducing the bill to the NSW upper house on Thursday, Shooters MP Robert Borsak thanked 2GB talk back host Alan Jones “who has been a driving force for this change”, adding that “without his assistance, I doubt that the government would have been persuaded to support” the bill.

He also thanked The Daily Telegraph for its support.

Cr Moore said the remarks confirmed the legislation was “driven by vested interests, right-wing media and shock jocks”.

“[Mr Borsak] said the NSW Government wouldn’t have supported his bill without Alan Jones at 2GB driving for change and without the support of The Daily Telegraph,” Cr Moore said.

“The community needs to ask, just who is running NSW?”

She accused the government and the Shooters Party of “working together to manipulate democracy and to dilute the voting rights of NSW residents”.

The Daily Telegraph and 2GB have been highly critical of Cr Moore, particularly her support for bike paths in central Sydney, and have campaigned for greater business voting rights.

Jones, a fierce critic of the Lord Mayor, fronted a "No More Clover" rally in the week before the 2012 local government elections to urge voters to remove Cr Moore from office.

Jones told the crowd of about 40 people that the event’s low turnout was by no means a "measure of the anger that exists in this city".

Some observers have questioned why the Shooters Party, with its traditional support base in regional NSW, was now turning its attention to the City of Sydney.

As a state government MP, Cr Moore often pushed for stronger gun controls, and in 2012 she opposed the hunting in national parks proposal.

Mr Borsak rejected suggestions the bill was an attempt at “payback”.

“We are a party that supports free enterprise and capitalism and a few other things like that … we are not a single-issue party,” he said.

Mr Borsak said he approached Mr Jones “and asked him would he support me in trying to get … a bit of publicity for my bill, and he said 'most definitely' ”.

Asked to respond to Mr Borsak's comments, Mr Baird said: “The government supports these important reforms that give business people a voice in the city that they work and pay rates in."

Mr Jones has been contacted for comment.

Cr Moore rejected claims by Liberal councillor Edward Mandla that she was preventing businesses from voting, saying the NSW Electoral Commission runs the voting regime.

Bike chat.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

SMH posted:

Broadcaster Alan Jones convinced the Baird government to back moves to overhaul business voting rights in the City of Sydney, the Shooters and Fishers Party says, prompting Lord Mayor Clover Moore to ask, “Who is running NSW?”

The government is supporting a Shooters and Fishers Party bill that would force thousands of businesses to vote in City of Sydney elections, potentially boosting the conservative vote and undermining Cr Moore and her progressive agenda. Introducing the bill to the NSW upper house on Thursday, Shooters MP Robert Borsak thanked 2GB talk back host Alan Jones “who has been a driving force for this change”, adding that “without his assistance, I doubt that the government would have been persuaded to support” the bill.

Shooters MP Robert Borsak: He described Alan Jones as "a driving force".

He also thanked The Daily Telegraph for its support.

E: Goddamit, that's what I get for editing in a Simpsons joke.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Aug 14, 2014

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Anidav posted:

Sell those souls faster, Anidav!

Job oppourtunity for you Anidav

https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobtoo...=scoring%20desc

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Quantum Mechanic posted:

Hey, I'd like some advice from anyone who's got some experience with Indigenous issues.

There's a group of three guys who are forming a tribal council in my town in protest over a development application that will destroy some sacred Aborginal sites.

Would it be presumptious or really whitefulla's burden to go over there and make a public statement of support? I really do legitimately want to help support them in any way I can, but I don't want to poke my nose in where it would be grody or weird for whitey to start interfering.
Write them a letter saying you support them. Include an open offer of assistance. If they are directing the activity then all is good.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

:frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::psyduck:

wherein we all run afoul of the new anti-terrorism legislation

Come be a Vicious Lawless Associate... er, politically active goon.

Where: Sukachi Chicken and Beer 115-121 Albert St, City.
After dinner, find a bar.
When: Saturday 23rd August. 6pm onwards.
What: Drink and talk poo poo about how world is fukt.

"Do you have stairs? gently caress. This is stupid."
No codephrases, just look for the potplant with Evil Teatime Abbott on it. I'll be in a green shirt. I may have to carry a potplant all night, but hey.

But I'm a goony socially awkward ponytar neckbeard.
I dont recognise thats a thing, come out.

But I'm poor and the centrelink only gives me $415 a fortnight.
Sukachi is like Gami, big plates of fried chicken in sauce for not a lot of money.
If you are super prole I'm sure one of the nice wealthier goons can buy you a drink.

But I...
Come out.

I'm ALP Leader Bill Shorten.
Really?
No, not really.
Oh, thats a shame.
I'm really Wayne Swan.
Eyyyyyy! Swanny! Come out.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

"smartjobs", "queensland", "government" is possibly the funniest domain name I can think of

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Anidav posted:

We got some the other day to melt and put into a low carb cheesecake we made. It wasn't too bad, but Mithranderp somehow managed to be a pickier eater than myself and isn't too fond of it.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

It's amazing how furious people get over bikes.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

webmeister posted:

"smartjobs", "queensland", "government" is possibly the funniest domain name I can think of

this website was designed back when we were trying to be the "smart state".

CrazyTolradi posted:

We got some the other day to melt and put into a low carb cheesecake we made. It wasn't too bad, but Mithranderp somehow managed to a pickier eater than myself and isn't too fond of it.

"We made" :airquote:

But yeah, it's not the chocolate itself that I don't like (it's actually decent but is very much an acquired taste, though its texture is a bit...sandy? when you eat it as-is); it's more that I think it tastes weird in a cheesecake. I very much doubt it's in trouble because I think it's fairly popular with low-carb diet people like me and people who like dark chocolate but cbf getting a non-supermarket brand. It was surprisingly easy to actually incorporate into the cheesecake without curdling/seizing so thumbs up.

edit: though by far I wouldn't recommend it to people who actually want really nice chocolate; Noosa Chocolate Factory on Adelaide st is where it's at.

The Before Times fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Aug 14, 2014

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

Mad Katter posted:

It's amazing how furious people get over bikes.

It's more about their beliefs about who rides bikes than it is about the bikes themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Has Jeff McCloy resigned yet? (phone posring) still saying he won't?

Hopefully this means someone can look at some of the dodgy CBD poo poo gets looked at if he does get found corrupt.

• Locked thread