Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

fatherdog posted:

Despite some superficial similarities, to the best of our knowledge willie is not Jake Shields.

Jesus christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

fatherdog posted:

Despite some superficial similarities, to the best of our knowledge willie is not Jake Shields.

I take it you are referring to our comparative national wrestling credentials and hanging out with the coolest fighters?

(:golfclap:)

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Muttonchips posted:

http://www.cagepotato.com/breaking-war-machine-captured-alive-by-u-s-marshals-in-simi-valley-ca/

Looks like they caught War Machine. I'm a bit disappointed the Dog angle didn't play out. I wonder how long he'll go to jail for.
Despite being bad, koppenhaver would have literally murdered that dessicated piece of mulletted garbage, which would have given the story a singular brightside.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

fatherdog posted:

ChampRamp posted:

Anthony Rumble Johnson is somehow going to end up as UFC HW Champion in 2015.
Relevant:

"I just figured when I first heard Jon was hurt that it was an accident with one of his usual training partners, not someone who's just come in and has hurt him. Greg Jackson says it wasn't on purpose, but I know the man and when Overeem was here he was always hurting somebody. Accidentally on purpose. And it ain't because he's clumsy, he ain't clumsy, he would just hurt you."

Johnson, who used to compete in the UFC at 170, beat Andrei Arlovski at heavyweight last year, and said although his does not have heavyweight in his long-term plans, he would be happy to take a fight with Overeem if offered to him by Joe Silva.

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/21575-rumble-queries-jones-accident-would-love-to-ko-bullyq-overeem

For all of you people who want Rumble vs Gus, you're not seeing the forest for the 265 lb trees here.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Holy poo poo now I want reem vs bones for real.

Edit: I need it.

Google Butt fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Aug 16, 2014

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I'd really enjoy watching overeem fight Jon Jones for the 205 pound title haha.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb, Destroyer of Seeb.
Woah what woah how did Chael help catch War Machine?

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

Captain Log posted:

By doing nothing and tweeting 'I caught War Machine'

If you missed the whole thing, he got caught by loving Dog the Bounty Hunter

vainman fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Aug 16, 2014

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

vainman posted:

What now? I knew Dog was looking for him. More information please.

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009

vainman posted:

What? No he didn't, the U.S. Marshal's did.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/15/jonathan-koppenhaver-arrest_n_5683370.html

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

Shhhh, Dog was there with Chael and everything is beautiful and nothing hurts.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

Goddammit, I spent the last hour thinking Dog got him. Thanks, Twitter

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

ceaselessfuture posted:

In other tangential news, all of Bas Rutten's fights, uploaded for free by the man himself.

Edit - Apparently released one a day.

I thought this would just be fights but the fact that this is Bas Ruten narrating his own fights is really magical. Thanks again for linking this!

Wow that first fight of his in Pancrase was loving brutal knock out. Guy spent 2 days in the hospital after Bas Ruten beat him in 43 seconds. Can't wait to see all of these uploaded

Meowbot fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Aug 16, 2014

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Captain Log posted:

Do you still think Chael just wanted to be a father?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

-Atom- posted:

Do you still think Chael just wanted to be a father?

(I never bought that but I still love him with all my heart parts)

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

As much of a oval office as Jon Jones is, he's an incredible fighter.

I just watched the Jones/Gus fight again and the way he fights back in that is amazing. He probably couldn't have afforded to lose 1 more minute of that fight by the time they got into the late 4th round and he flipped a switch.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I have to watch jones fights at least twice, because live I am to busy rooting against him and being disappointed. Then I watch it again appreciate just how good he is.

Dangersim fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 16, 2014

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Meowbot posted:

I thought this would just be fights but the fact that this is Bas Ruten narrating his own fights is really magical. Thanks again for linking this!

Wow that first fight of his in Pancrase was loving brutal knock out. Guy spent 2 days in the hospital after Bas Ruten beat him in 43 seconds. Can't wait to see all of these uploaded

The most recent one (Takahashi) is the best so far, I think. Bas says he saw a video of a guy doing a heel hook on one of those giant TV advertising screens in Tokyo, and then the next day he finds himself caught in a kneebar attempt so he just does a heel hook like on the TV screen and winds up just snapping the guy's shinbone instantly. Then the guy doesn't realize it until they're stood up and ten seconds later he tries to throw a kick and instead collapses in agony.

Bell the Cat
Apr 5, 2004

Dirty pool old man. I like it.

Dangersim posted:

I have to watch jones fights at least twice, because live I am to busy rooting against him and being disappointed. Then I watch it again appreciate just how good he is.

Same here. Focusing on every punch and kick that lands on Jones is the only joy I take from his fights. It's only because I'm a masochist that I watch the fight again.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Don't miss the fight Bas had with Gracie Challenge loser Jason DeLucia. He calmly explains why he decided to literally explode Jason's liver.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
HOW IS THERE NOT A GAMEDAY THREAD FOR TODAY'S CARD?! DON'T YOU PEOPLE KNOW THAT IF YOU BEAT RYAN BADER YOU GET A TITLE SHOT

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Please don't Tito hear you say that

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

-Atom- posted:

HOW IS THERE NOT A GAMEDAY THREAD FOR TODAY'S CARD?! DON'T YOU PEOPLE KNOW THAT IF YOU BEAT RYAN BADER YOU GET A TITLE SHOT

Workin on one

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i had no idea there was even a card today

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i had no idea there was even a card today

According to ticket sales neither did anyone else in Bangor, except for one Maine-iac of course.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
We are all monsters:
http://mmajunkie.com/2014/08/ufc-vet-krzysztof-soszynski-citing-memory-loss-announces-mma-retirement

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I always liked him. I hope he can keep doing pro wrestling and being a bad guy in terrible movies, which is a way better fit for him than fighting was.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

With his memory issues and inability to count, he should probably consider becoming an MMA judge.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I always liked him.

Why?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

thought that was going to be the bonner headbutt, but that went somewhere else.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

the Bonnar fight owned. hard.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

ceaselessfuture posted:

In other tangential news, all of Bas Rutten's fights, uploaded for free by the man himself.

Edit - Apparently released one a day.

The best fights on that DVD are the ones with Jason DeLucia, in the third fight Rutten "breaks" Jason's liver. Bas and Jason pretty much hate each other now and there are some old posts on Sherdog where the two of them are flaming each other. Even Bas' sister joins in.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

outy posted:

With his memory issues and inability to count, he should probably consider becoming an MMA judge.

:laffo:

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

Bubba Smith posted:

According to ticket sales neither did anyone else in Bangor, except for one Maine-iac of course.

Speaking of which

Here's the GDT: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3658200

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

argondamn posted:

The best fights on that DVD are the ones with Jason DeLucia, in the third fight Rutten "breaks" Jason's liver. Bas and Jason pretty much hate each other now and there are some old posts on Sherdog where the two of them are flaming each other. Even Bas' sister joins in.

Really? I hate to get all 'Joe Silva writing into the Wrestling Observer':

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Captain Log posted:

(I never bought that but I still love him with all my heart parts)

where my bird picks at

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

John Mirra posted:

Really? I hate to get all 'Joe Silva writing into the Wrestling Observer':

DeLucia literally cast a voodoo spell on Bas so that he would lose to Ken Shamrock.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f40/q-jason-delucia-163309/?pp=20

Bas Rutten posted:

OK guys, remember that story in Grappling magazine when I was talking about a guy who made a present for me, and it was a drawing of me? And then later that guy, who I called "the artist", told me that I had to put a drop of blood of my own over his name (written underneath the drawing) because his name was written in Frank Shamrocks blood? This was after my fight against Frank and after the fight against Jason when I hosed up his liver.
He told me that I needed to do that because he did that to put a spell on me before my fight against Frank Shamrock. Well ladies and gentleman, that "man" was Jason de Lucia.
I beat him three times out of three, so, I won't say "I wish I could do it again" because he's a looser. Win some fights against real opponents first before you start talking poo poo and challenging real fighters.
He wants a re-match he told me, for what match? The first, the second or the third?

BTW, mattbae is right, Jason who?

And then to think that I said "the artist" in the magazine because I thought that Jason was a nice guy and I left his name out. Man, I thought I had a good intuition, MAN I was wrong.

Oh, remember this one Jason? When you where in mount on me and you put your hand over my mouth and I grabbed your hand of my mouth and told you not to do that, you did it again and then I hit you from the bottom in the head and said "I told you not to do that" and you said "OK OK" and your balls shrunk?
What? am I lying? please watch my career DVD and turn the volume up, I mean, seeing and hearing is believing.

Guys, understand this. A person comes to you, pretending he's your friend, and gives you a present, very nice and true, you think. It's a drawing of you, made by him in a very good way (I was very honored) And then later you find out that he gave you that to put a spell on you. What kind of person is that? And now he has a family? Very scary!

Jason DeLucia posted:

well well well,
first ,the picture was for frank who is my friend ,and the spell worked .as it was given to you before your fight with him ,and you lost .you lost to a guy whos only experience in martial arts of any kind started 9 months before you fought him.he had no stand up and no wrestling skills at all prior to that year.so i guess my voo doo works better than yours.and if you want to talk about the pancrase fights when nobody hit poor bas on the ground because we were trying to sell the sport as technical art, not some thing that any ape could do.had we been grounding and pounding you in those days when you couldn't escape the bottom you would have been the king of unconsciousness not the king of pancrase.and if you want to talk about beating real fighters lets talk about the time you beat 'Randleman' .lol.as if!
he thumped you and they gave it to you anyway.and tell it like it is?like the interview when you said you were undefeated?
and a guy pretending to be your friend is you.you never say or do the things you said and did to me to some one like ken.why ?cause you are afraid of him.your not afraid of me so when it's just us, i see the disrespect you have for me to my face.these people here don't know the real you .and if you want to get into it thats fine by me.but it's better that you do the right thing.pancrase is not nhb.it's mma.i may not know how to spell but i know that.what do you think happens in nhb if you start crying because you're tired like when you fought shibuya?instead of giving up the honorable way ,you lie and say it's this or that so you can rest!you are a great competitor but a lying ,moraless hypocrite of a man... man.
lastly the reason my career went down hill was that very early on i devoted my lifes work to develope a competitive form of aikido that would work in nhb.you wouldn't understand some thing like this because you devote your time to overpowering the competition ,nothing creative there.i assimilated an entire traditional art form 'aikido' into nhb competition.it took over ten years .all you've done is grow bigger muscles and a bigger ego.big deal .
you need to say i'm nothing as an excuse not to fight me.
you talk trash that you planned to wait 15 minutes before starting to fight with me instead of just admitting that i was better than you for the first part of the fight ,and the you pulled it out .stop making excuses then calling me the excuse maker .be a man not an egotist.it's too bad you couldn't have more class and give dignity to the sport .you don't need to grab your crotch and flip every one off to look cool.you can't salute with one hand and flip off with the other.when you grow up come and do battle

Rubellavator fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Aug 16, 2014

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Bas vs Jason

http://youtu.be/JBUJa7ndYL0

Commentary is a few seconds ahead of the action, but well worth a watch anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What's the point in announcing your retirement in late '14 when your last fight was in '11? gently caress ov Kristoff.

• Locked thread