Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

That defense is a loving disgrace, Iker's friends are sabotaging Keylor imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I know Ramos wasn't in earlier, but it's Marcelo, Contrao, and who else?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

What a loving save. Goddamn Navas, you are too loving good

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

That kind of save is why I love Navas.

https://vine.co/v/M3AgphBzJan

Also loving lmao that pitch invader

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Drogadon posted:

That kind of save is why I love Navas.

Also loving lmao that pitch invader

He's loving top for sure. Consistent as hell too.

Thank god Pepe shaved his head again...

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Oh man. I can't believe we walked away with a win over Madrid. What a game!

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Bit of history. He is Marcos Alonso, our left wingback. This guy's grandad, in 1957, played for Madrid in the first ever Champions League final played by an italian team, Fiorentina. Madrid won.

57 years later, his grandson gave us the goal to beat them (in a friendly but a win is a win).

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 16, 2014

Chillao
Jan 12, 2004
discerning gentleman
did anyone at Napoli watch the Utd game? you cannot be serious about Fellaini Rafa plz

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I can't find a video of this, but during today's Coppa Italia match between Modena and Monza, two players were sent off during the penalty shootout.

First, a Monza player was sent off for making a vulgar gesture toward the crowd after scoring his penalty. Later on when it was 3-2 Modena, Monza's keeper got sent off for kicking the ball away after having a penalty go past him. Monza's next player in the shootout missed from the spot, and then had to go in goal for the next one, which he managed to save. Unfortunately, his error cost him as their next player missed his shot as well and Modena went on to win. Hopefully tomorrow I can find a clip, because that sounds insane.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idmjwSDQKac
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXKfXW0DAcA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3XLdN0DtuI

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Why should I watch 3 videos of Coppa Italia penalties????

cliffs plz

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hahaha thanks Grimble! That is bizarre, especially the keeper getting sent off for doing what the opposing keeper did in the penalty two seconds before that, just in the other direction.

Charlotte Hornets posted:

Why should I watch 3 videos of Coppa Italia penalties????

cliffs plz

Post above his

Vexin
Jan 13, 2014

Thanks for finding those.

Here's the rest of the results: http://int.soccerway.com/national/italy/coppa-italia/20142015/2nd-round/r26863/

Livorno and Bologna both lost (to Bassano Virtus and L'Aquila, respectively).

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I feel better about Vicenza losing to Bassano now.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Any penalty for territorial discrimination chants has been removed.

Back to calling you all terroni.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner

canepazzo posted:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

:rudebox:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Annnnnd Pepito's knee is overworked :( 1 week of rest, then new exams. He'll miss the first match vs. Roma for sure.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Annnnnd Pepito's knee is overworked :( 1 week of rest, then new exams. He'll miss the first match vs. Roma for sure.

Come oooooooonnnn ffs

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?

canepazzo posted:

gently caress this dumb thread.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Funkysauce posted:

gently caress this dumb thread.

Before I get my stadium closed off to Ultras, I must inform you I am among the terronest in this thread, my family being from Taranto.

So there.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

canepazzo posted:

Before I get my stadium closed off to Ultras, I must inform you I am among the terronest in this thread, my family being from Taranto.

So there.

My mother's maiden name is Taranto..

e: though we are Aeoli

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

canepazzo posted:

gently caress this goddamn world

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
I asked my Italian music friends if we could do Tu vuo fa l'americano because I love a bit of jazz and they said as veneziani they didnt speak terroni.

That's my discrimination story can we have Armero back.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I swear to god if Rossi is hosed again we are gonna need to bring that piazza back

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

can't kill yourselves unless ultras say ok

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

What's happening in serie B is grotesque, or rather, Italian at its finest.

Due to Siena disappearing, next year's league should be played between 21 teams (a different one rests every match day); Novara sued the FIGC claiming that they should just advance one of the lower league teams to serie B to play a full league (and Novara being one of the top choices for that due to performance etc.); they won, and serie B is back to 22 teams, except the FIGC decided to follow the same rules as last year which means some teams are excluded to be chosen, among them is... Novara!

So now we're 4 days from the first match day of Serie B with the calendars all done and we still don't know which will be the 22nd team, it will be decided Monday. 3 days after the first match day.

If you're asking how does that even work, don't worry, FIGC doesn't know either.

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 18, 2014

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

What's happening in serie B is grotesque, or rather, Italian at its finest.

Due to Siena disappearing, so next year's league should be played between 21 teams (a different one rests every match day); Novara sued the FIGC claiming that they should just advance one of the lower league teams to serie B to play a full league (and Novara being one of the top choices for that due to performance etc.); they won, and serie B is back to 22 teams, except the FIGC decided to follow the same rules as last year which means some teams are excluded to be chosen, among them is... Novara!

So now we're 4 days from the first match day of Serie B with the calendars all done and we still don't know which will be the 22nd team, it will be decided Monday. 3 days after the first match day.

If you're asking how does that even work, don't worry, FIGC doesn't know either.

It should be Vicenza.

imo.

But yeah the whole thinks absurd, the reasoning is that you can't go back up if you were relegated or punished for financial irregularities, which rules out Novara, Lecce and Siena. It'll probably be a playout loser or possibly even someone who lost a playoff game in Serie C1. I don't disagree with the rule, but the way it's been applied (or not applied!) has been absurd.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Drogadon posted:

can't kill yourselves unless ultras say ok

MODS!?!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Genny says no, sorry

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Montella said it's nothing serious, so Rossi should just miss Roma and the Italy friendly (yes btw, serie A has a break right after the first match, god damnit), but he should be back to training next week.

I think he's gonna be used very parsimoniously, doubt he'll play any cup match (EL or Coppa Italia) till at least final sixteen if not final eight.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

You know, I almost always look forward to reading posts from you in some vain hope that Viola is doing something awesome, but it's been bad news bears for the past couple of posts. :(

Why the gently caress is there an international break one week into the season right after WC?

edit: So Marin is a done deal for loan and apparently we're moving towards Fernando from Shaktar for 8m. Is he any good? Never seen him play.

Also, having never seen Babacar or any of the loanees before, how are they? Babacar seemed like he had some potential behind him, though I'm unsure how he is consistently or anything like that.

I was dabbling in the UEFA rankings, and somehow...Milan is 14th. How? After tanking last season in Europe and in the league? Also Juventus is just one point ahead of Inter.

This system is all types of what in the hell?

Soulex fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Aug 19, 2014

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Milan was the team that got the farthest in UCL last year, they will tank this year with no euro.

Fiorentina will get Fernando, who is similar to Felipe Melo from some years back, or Stambouli, my personal preference, who two years ago won la Ligue with Montpellier.

Also Rossi being injured might convince the board to keep Cuadrado.

Babacar and Bernardeschi were both among the best players in Serie B, and they come from our youth squad. Together they scored close to 40 goals last year. Very good stuff.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

canepazzo posted:

Milan was the team that got the farthest in UCL last year, they will tank this year with no euro.

Fiorentina will get Fernando, who is similar to Felipe Melo from some years back, or Stambouli, my personal preference, who two years ago won la Ligue with Montpellier.

Also Rossi being injured might convince the board to keep Cuadrado.

Babacar and Bernardeschi were both among the best players in Serie B, and they come from our youth squad. Together they scored close to 40 goals last year. Very good stuff.

Jesus! That's awesome! Hopefully they do well this season as well.

I definitely want Cuadrado to stay one more year so that we can actually get into the CL this year, and convince bigger players to come and join us. I understand he wants to move on and I don't blame him. He's great and his worth should go up this year if he stays in form.

Gonna end up changing my avatar at some point. Still trying to figure out what.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Babacar:

http://www.transfermarkt.it/khouma-babacar/leistungsdaten/spieler/124902/saison/2013

20 goals, 9 assists at 21

Bernardeschi:

http://www.transfermarkt.it/federico-bernardeschi/leistungsdaten/spieler/197300/saison/2013

12 goal, 7 assists, 20 years old

They should do very well this year.

For the av, you could go with the symbol for the old main Ultras group, now disbanded, the Collettivo Autonomo Viola, now disbanded:

or

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Aug 19, 2014

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Who is the old man? He looks like Geronimo

That's pretty cool though. I don't think Ultras would welcome me with open arms as I'm not a Fiorentine but it's a forum so :shrug:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

He's just a random indian afaik, could be Geronimo for all I know :P

Serie B shenanigans. One of the possible teams to be boosted to serie B to be the 22nd is Salernitana. Which is owned by Lotito. We'll see how that goes... ;)

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

He's just a random indian afaik, could be Geronimo for all I know :P

Serie B shenanigans. One of the possible teams to be boosted to serie B to be the 22nd is Salernitana. Which is owned by Lotito. We'll see how that goes... ;)

Im reading that by whatever hosed up insane metrics they (might?) use that Pisa is the frontrunner. Of course I read this on a Vicenza fansite that listed Vicenza as second choice only by virtue of the 4 point penalty they got a while ago, so take that as you will.

Also, since Monaco is apparently in shambles (Im glad), there are a lot of rumors that Falcao will be leaving. Lots of papers seem convinced that Juve are in the chase.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I just saw Liverpool are front runners.

If Juve get Falcao, I quit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If we get Falcao I'll poo poo gold.

• Locked thread