Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

zen death robot posted:

Check out the twitter feeds of the three people that have writer credits on that and tell me who sees like the shittiest writer desperate for some hits:

https://twitter.com/HollyYanCNN

https://twitter.com/SKastenbaum

https://twitter.com/mwpearson

From the looks of that it seems like Pearson's dream job is Buzzfeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

A Winner is Jew posted:

Also, isn't leaking someone's juvenile records like one of those things that like as bad as being caught destroying evidence? Something that will basically piss a judge off and make them never give you the benefit of doubt during trial?

Ah, but there's no way to tell who did it, that's the beauty of it! No one in the department will talk, they'll all claim the fifth, and the case will get thrown out (as if one would actually be brought).

Also, the people arguing about "why would you bring your children to this", the proper response is "this is a loving neighbourhood, where these people live, where else do you want them to go? Should people just not bring their children outside while the police are "protecting" them? Even when the police launch a surprise "protection" hours before they said they were going to?"

It's like seriously wtf.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

NG in Ferguson. Surprisingly not in full battle rattle.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
The president looks a little haggard, no tie and his cheekbones are standing out like whoa.

Talking about al-abadi and al-Maliki now.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
If they kept the children at home people would just call them neglectful parents for leaving their kids unattended while they go out to disturb the peace.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

can't wait for obama to wrap up the Iraq news so we can get 4 milquetoast, empty sentences on Ferguson and how we need to 'begin the process of healing'

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Holder to travel to Ferguson to oversee the thing.

So still acting by proxy, looks like.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

whitey delenda est posted:

The president looks a little haggard, no tie and his cheekbones are standing out like whoa.

Apparently he wasn't wearing a tie at the previous one of these either.

Man, you're not kidding about the haggard part.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Carrying guns when protesting isn't acceptable?

"Quit hollarin' at each other."

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

"The Truth Is Always In The Middle"

~President Obama

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
He should have just played a tape recording of his statement from the other day. Save your voice, Mr. President.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

this_is_hard posted:

can't wait for obama to wrap up the Iraq news so we can get 4 milquetoast, empty sentences on Ferguson and how we need to 'begin the process of healing'

Are you psychic? :ohdear:

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Big nothingburger.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

this_is_hard posted:

Just because you can't find a good twitch stream of the events in Iraq currently doesn't mean it is not News too

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
All the pundits keep saying "shot in the back", but hasn't this been confirmed x2 by both autopsies not to be the case? Think at a certain point they would restate.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

loving call out the cops for what they've done.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Berke Negri posted:

Just because you can't find a good twitch stream of the events in Iraq currently doesn't mean it is not News too

no poo poo, but I was referring back to his last press conference where he went on in length about Iraq and ISIS/ISIL and then gave a short, substanceless quip on Ferguson

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah I don't think anyone objects to radios or gas masks or hazmat suits.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I voted both times for Obama and I can confidently say hes loving awful now.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Pollyanna posted:

Well, he at least vaguely did... but only after first reinforcing the bullshit victim-blaming police story about violent negro rioters. Has there been any evidence whatsoever of any of that happening, at all? Not counting the McDonald's that was "looted" for medicinal supplies after citizens were tear gassed.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
GET THIS MAN OFF STAGE hahaha dude is seriously short of sleep or something.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
They are not purchasing anything, it's free from the feds/DoD. Let's make a national statement on something your not entirely sure how it works.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Pollyanna posted:

Let me luther that for ya:

gently caress that motherfucker Nixon and all the hicks in this loving shithole of a deader Detroit. Ya'll get'n Holder on your rear end and he gonna bring the :fuckoff:

County PD, gently caress you motherfuckers. Blurred lines my rear end, I gave the loving word that if Federal troops go in they shooting your white asses first.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Friend on Facebook posted this:

quote:

the store the the police are trying to claim Brown stole from are saying it was not him

Uh, is this true? I can't find a source for this, and the video makes it pretty clear that it is definitively Brown.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Untagged posted:

They are not purchasing anything, it's free from the feds/DoD. Let's make a national statement on something your not entirely sure how it works.

IIRC they technically they do buy them, but through some reimbursement process they basically end up being free.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

whitey delenda est posted:

GET THIS MAN OFF STAGE hahaha dude is seriously short of sleep or something.

He looks and sounds tired, for sure.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Chinatown posted:

I voted both times for Obama and I can confidently say hes loving awful now.

What a loving flaccid presidency this has been.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

XboxPants posted:

Well, he at least vaguely did... but only after first reinforcing the bullshit victim-blaming police story about violent negro rioters. Has there been any evidence whatsoever of any of that happening, at all? Not counting the McDonald's that was "looted" for medicinal supplies after citizens were tear gassed.

No. In fact, the only evidence of molotov cocktails and guns have been due to white people getting arrested.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Pollyanna posted:

One of the pundits on MSNBC made the point that Obama has been hesitant to call out entire police forces since he did it to the Cambridge MA cops during the Henry Louis Gates scandal early on in his first term. He faced scrutiny after he did it then.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

my bony fealty posted:

Friend on Facebook posted this:

Uh, is this true? I can't find a source for this, and the video makes it pretty clear that it is definitively Brown.

How does it make it pretty clear that it's Brown?

hcreight posted:

One of the pundits on MSNBC made the point that Obama has been hesitant to call out entire police forces since he did it to the Cambridge MA cops during the Henry Louis Gates scandal early on in his first term. He faced scrutiny after he did it then.

I don't remember that incident well but if they're anything like Boston cops they prolly deserved it.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Mo_Steel posted:

He looks and sounds tired, for sure.

Aint got a video feed, is his hair grey or freshly dyed? That was his surefire tell in the state senate.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Obama was better then the two alternatives but he loving sucks.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

How does it make it pretty clear that it's Brown?

Comparing the videos to the pictures of the body on the streets, looks like the same dude.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Someone remix this press release with IRAQ Responses to Ferguson questions.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
He seems noticeably more comfortable and enthused talking about Iraq than about Missouri.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

My Imaginary GF posted:

Aint got a video feed, is his hair grey or freshly dyed? That was his surefire tell in the state senate.

Super patchy.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Pollyanna posted:

Super patchy.

He pissed as poo poo.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

My Imaginary GF posted:

He's stopped dying it recently so it's always grey.

He's lost his train of thought for a second or two multiple times already though.

slogula
Oct 2, 2013

Gregor Samsa posted:

He seems noticeably more comfortable and enthused talking about Iraq than about Missouri.

It's like he's eating up time with iraq to avoid ferguson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

My Imaginary GF posted:

Showing a lot of grey there.

computer parts posted:

He's lost his train of thought for a second or two multiple times already though.

Yeah the pauses before he completes a sentence are what stands out to me.

e: Oh hey a retirement shoutout. :unsmith:

• Locked thread