Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Sash! posted:

But you KNOW it's going to be Florida State vs Alabama and Oklahoma vs Some SEC team and everyone else just goes ugh really

Nah, I just know Baylor's gonna be in there bruh. That's gonna be good enough for me. Especially if Oregon makes it too.

pillsburysoldier posted:

Wait why's OU a favorite now? I keep forgetting to ask

Because everyone who beats Bama's a favorite. That's how this works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

pillsburysoldier posted:

Because the events that led to this happening:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPojG4XpLAY

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Sash! posted:

But you KNOW it's going to be Florida State vs Alabama and Oklahoma vs Some SEC team and everyone else just goes ugh really

Yeah, but it's nice to pretend.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

That owns.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Frinkahedron posted:

Not passing up an opportunity for a classic:

Its Sparty Time, Y'all

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Thoguh posted:

That owns.

That thing is cooler than the coolest trophy most schools have in their case. Fact.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

DriveC posted:

Where is Urban's pizza from? I've always wondered

the collective unconscious

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

R.D. Mangles posted:

The Northwestern Wildcats, Chicago's Big Ten Team(tm) are going to win the Big Ten

gently caress y'all

Go U Northwestern! :toot:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Thoguh posted:

That owns.

That looks remarkably silly, actually.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Thermos H Christ posted:

That thing is cooler than the coolest trophy most schools have in their case. Fact.

What kind of metal is that? Looks like an NCAA violation.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

Nah, I just know Baylor's gonna be in there bruh. That's gonna be good enough for me. Especially if Oregon makes it too.

Because everyone who beats Bama's a favorite. That's how this works.

WVU's gonna be a favorite?

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Eh. Braxton is basically the best running back in the big 10. Literally guiton blew him out of the water passing last year. Seriously. We aren't going to miss his passing. As long as the running backs hold up, we're at worst a 10 win team on that schedule. I'm more worried about what this does to our option game than anything.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

So I'm in state college today, and was looking forward to trying one of those places that was featured on a Todd Blackledge segment.

Only to find out half of the road is shut down and couldn't go :smith:.

Still wow...Beautiful Area. Really need to go to a game here sometime.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TheGreyGhost posted:

Eh. Braxton is basically the best running back in the big 10. Literally guiton blew him out of the water passing last year. Seriously. We aren't going to miss his passing. As long as the running backs hold up, we're at worst a 10 win team on that schedule. I'm more worried about what this does to our option game than anything.

Jeremy Fowler is the reasonable guy to follow right now.

He tweeted that Braxton felt something throwing a basic out route, they took him out, iced him, put a sling on him and he was in good spirits. Nobody really knows until they do an MRI, which Fowler said was scheduled for tomorrow morning but may have been moved up.

It's obviously not a good thing, but it may not be the complete disaster the OSU beat people are making it out to be.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Thermos H Christ posted:

It beats anything VT has!

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

pillsburysoldier posted:

They're ranked 3rd/4th? Are you that thick?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

anne frank fanfic posted:

WVU's gonna be a favorite?

Hell yeah.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Ohio State's gonna finish behind two Michigan teams in the Big Ten East.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

They're ranked 3rd/4th? Are you that thick?

Nah I think it's inflated and they're good for at least 2 really bad losses.

Edit: Go Baylor

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Aug 19, 2014

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
TCU is rotating QB's for the 1st game...

I am ready for you to look completely lost in an Air Raid offense Trevone.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

AfterFather posted:

Hey, it (kind of) worked for OU last year.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

AfterFather posted:

How loving bad does Joeckel have to be for Patterson to start Boykin over him? Even Joeckel's even with Boykin or even a little worse, Boykin can do them way too much good at receiver not to put him there if you can help it.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

AfterFather posted:

This gif looks pretty intense.

Then you realize it is TCU.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

How loving bad does Joeckel have to be for Patterson to start Boykin over him? Even Joeckel's even with Boykin or even a little worse, Boykin can do them way too much good at receiver not to put him there if you can help it.

From what Patterson is telling the media it looks like he has a turnover problem. He would have the starting job locked down if he could stop throwing interceptions. TCU defense is going to be good as usual.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

FuzzySkinner posted:

So I'm in state college today, and was looking forward to trying one of those places that was featured on a Todd Blackledge segment.

Only to find out half of the road is shut down and couldn't go :smith:.

Still wow...Beautiful Area. Really need to go to a game here sometime.

Which road were they working on? You probably could have got pretty close then used your walking legs

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Speaking of injuries, Nebraska lost another guy for the season. Also on defense.

So to recap, so far this season:

Charles Jackson - Starting CB
Leroy Alexander - starting safety
Avery Moss - Suspended for year. Starting DE.
Kevin Williams - #2/3 DT
Michael Rose - backup linebacker
Aaron Green - Backup running back.

All done for the season. 3 starters and 3 guys who would have saw tons of playing time. Great start to crushing my dreams.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
SDSU is gonna win the Mountain West and beat Boise again.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Maybe RIP Rainbow Warriors, the most awesome team that doesn't really matter to anyone and that has the coolest name.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

SDSU is gonna win the Mountain West and beat Boise again.

The UTC Mocs are gonna win the Southern Conference and go to the FCS playoffs. :slick:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

I was always under the impression that Hawaii football was eventually going to be doomed, for the huge travel prices if nothing else.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

AfterFather posted:

From what Patterson is telling the media it looks like he has a turnover problem. He would have the starting job locked down if he could stop throwing interceptions. TCU defense is going to be good as usual.

My god, it's literally the same situation as last yeear. Right down to the group of TCU fans insisting that Patterson's just being SUPER SNEAKY and HIDING HIS TRUE GENIUS from OU and Baylor as though we've never seen either of his quarterbacks before. I'm going to laugh if they lose to Minnesota for lack of offensive coherence.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Aug 19, 2014

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Sash! posted:

Which road were they working on? You probably could have got pretty close then used your walking legs

One right in front of the Austrian Bistro. (which I really, really wanted to try).

I was really tired so I gave up.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

This is unfortunate. I enjoyed their 2983204823042 yard passing games.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

The best part about Hawaii games on the east coast was that you'd have live college football on tv until like 2AM.

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
You could probably make all Hawaii home games like 99 cents on PPV and enough drunks and degenerate gamblers would pony up for the rush of hot hot live rainbow in the dark action.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Frinkahedron posted:

The best part about Hawaii games on the east coast was that you'd have live college football on tv until like 2AM.

their homer announce crew is hilarious too

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

KKKLIP ART posted:

This gif looks pretty intense.

Then you realize it is TCU.

I remember catching that when it happened just flipping through games, it was actually pretty awesome. One of those quick storms came through and it was raining sideways for around five or ten minutes, like bad enough that you wondered if they'd stop the game. Then it was back to sunny.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Aug 19, 2014

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
i can't freaking wait for the frist full day of football where i will start getting tanked at 8:30 am on my couch. thanks, ireland

Nereid
Sep 17, 2009

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar
Go cocks, go stadium implosion in Athens. Go Spurrier sayin hatin rear end things. gently caress an aggy and always gently caress all tiger teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

FuzzySkinner posted:

One right in front of the Austrian Bistro. (which I really, really wanted to try).

I was really tired so I gave up.

A shame you didn't post that earlier. There's a parking garage right behind it that you can access from a road that isn't being worked on.

I had to fight the guy in there to get a to-go box. That was an odd night. Good was pretty good, although I'm not a fan of sauerkraut in general.

• Locked thread