Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Rascyc posted:

you're aware ... you know what, nevermind

oooh this is scummy

##vote Rascyc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

oh no, now it's 17 pages :(

##unvote

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

##unvote

##vote juanito

Liking this case, ##vote Juanito

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Ya'll post too damned much. I am reading whenever I can at work here but I mean goddamn

but...they're not posting. I'm here talking to myself!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
"I'm Talking to Myself - The European Mafiaman's Story"

QuoProQuid has been replaced by tearshed

Finally.

Hooray!

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Aug 19, 2014

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

"I'm Talking to Myself - The European Mafiaman's Story"

:norway:

EccoRaven posted:

QuoProQuid has been replaced by tearshed

Finally.

Hooray!

Would vote tearshed.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

dorkanoid posted:

Would vote tearshed.

merk and Crazy Eyes are the vote leaders, it's twelve hours until deadline and the thread is pretty quiet. I'm fine trying to push for a different lynch candidate because I'm not nuts about either of those two, but it's probably not going to happen. Which of those two would you vote?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just so it doesn't look like I'm trying to slip through I am totally ok with my vote on CE. Especially over merk as I do not think he's scum here.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

dorkanoid, it seems like you've read some of the thread, but I'm not sure how much. If you have time today, obviously read the whole thing, but if you're going to be limited I'd suggest sticking to one of them two and catching up during night. We're about 12 hours from deadline.

Having re-read them, I'm fine with my vote on CE. If momentum starts to shift elsewhere I'll go read what I need to to make an opinion but I have a hard time believe the lynch is not going to be one of those two at this point.

preview edit: FFS somber :argh:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Didn't mean to imply "I don't think you've read the whole thread" because it's possible you have. In rewording some things got messed up though. Sorry!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Full disclosure: I have no intention of claiming if I'm going to get lynched today.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
same

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Why even say that though?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Opopanax posted:

Just so it doesn't look like I'm trying to slip through I am totally ok with my vote on CE. Especially over merk as I do not think he's scum here.

I didn't think about it until you checked in here but it does look like you're floating. :justpost:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

JakeP posted:

Why even say that though?

I always advocate that if people are going to claim, then they need to claim with as much distance away from deadline as possible. After a few recent games, I'm no longer claiming on day 1 unless my role PM, by itself, has some important information for the Town.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
It almost read like a threat. Like you have information, but if you get lynched the town can go gently caress itself.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

JakeP posted:

if you get lynched the town can go gently caress itself.
This is my mafia motto, pretty much.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
yeah I have no problem with it, please carry on

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

JakeP posted:

It almost read like a threat. Like you have information, but if you get lynched the town can go gently caress itself.

I'm actually stating the opposite: My role PM, by itself, has no information that will help the Town.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
this is weird

##unvote
##vote merk

what does not claiming actually accomplish?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

this is weird

##unvote
##vote merk

what does not claiming actually accomplish?

A role claim by itself should not sway anyone's vote in any direction, so I'm no longer claiming on day 1. It's the 'soru strategy'.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hey we're the uninformed majority here so any information at all helps town

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

A role claim by itself should not sway anyone's vote in any direction, so I'm no longer claiming on day 1. It's the 'soru strategy'.

Okay but that's bullshit.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
This reads like you're trying to get through the day on force of personality, why aren't you actively fighting for CE?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm struggling to see what kind of info you could get in a role PM that's beneficial to town besides a role claim. It's not like it's going to give you a numbered list of the scum team. Perhaps this is just cause I haven't played enough games to ever see it. Can you give me an example, merk?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Rarity posted:

I'm struggling to see what kind of info you could get in a role PM that's beneficial to town besides a role claim. It's not like it's going to give you a numbered list of the scum team. Perhaps this is just cause I haven't played enough games to ever see it. Can you give me an example, merk?
You answered your own question. He specifically said role claim.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
That feels purposely dense, Rarity.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
There are some roles that give you information about the setup in your role PM. They are usually reserved for big games, like in my Harry Potter game with Token Female we had items that wouldn't be flipped with you but may provide information about the setup that helps Town (i.e. the fact that the setup has items).

I'm trying to change the culture where we get claims on day 1 that influence the lynch - I'd much rather a day 1 lynch be based on a mix of content and gut, rather than have people get sheepish when they see some claim (this is not a soft claim that I'm a power role). It's a general mafia thing that isn't really worth talking about more than me saying that I'm not going to claim.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Juanito posted:

That feels purposely dense, Rarity.

Hey I dunno if you noticed but Rarity is scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

This reads like you're trying to get through the day on force of personality, why aren't you actively fighting for CE?

I truly think CE is scum here. Why aren't you voting CE? What do you think of CE? You're voting winvirus which seems like a throwaway vote.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Oh, you're voting me now as a reaction to me not wanting to claim. Do you actually think I'm scum outside of that statement? That's a general mafia position.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

I truly think CE is scum here. Why aren't you voting CE? What do you think of CE? You're voting winvirus which seems like a throwaway vote.

No I'm voting you now because you're being a huge goddamn weirdo and you're not playing mafia, which is scummy.

Winvirus is scum too and you should vote him. You should be fighting to lynch anyone besides yourself rather than trying to change the culture of mafia. I'm voting him using this radical new approach that is based on a mix of content and gut. What do you think?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Somberbrero posted:

Hey I dunno if you noticed but Rarity is scum.

Oh, gently caress off. merk specifically said he wouldn't role claim on D1 unless it had information that was useful for town. My question made total sense, stop being dumb.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Rarity posted:

Oh, gently caress off. merk specifically said he wouldn't role claim on D1 unless it had information that was useful for town. My question made total sense, stop being dumb.
merk said I'm not going to role claim

Rarity said what would you tell us other than role claim? :downs:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

Oh, you're voting me now as a reaction to me not wanting to claim. Do you actually think I'm scum outside of that statement? That's a general mafia position.

No it isn't! You're just trying to change the state of play by making this a discussion about Mafia Theory rather than making a persuasive argument about who would be a better lynch. That is scummy!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

No I'm voting you now because you're being a huge goddamn weirdo and you're not playing mafia, which is scummy.

Winvirus is scum too and you should vote him. You should be fighting to lynch anyone besides yourself rather than trying to change the culture of mafia. I'm voting him using this radical new approach that is based on a mix of content and gut. What do you think?

I have played more mafia this game day than the entire thread combined. Your vote... sucks.

What do you think of CE?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

No it isn't! You're just trying to change the state of play by making this a discussion about Mafia Theory rather than making a persuasive argument about who would be a better lynch. That is scummy!

Have you read anything I've said about CE today?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Here is the most compelling nugget.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Juanito posted:

merk said I'm not going to role claim

Rarity said what would you tell us other than role claim? :downs:

Read this, dumbass:

merk posted:

I'm no longer claiming on day 1 unless my role PM, by itself, has some important information for the Town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Rarity posted:

Read this, dumbass:
And then later he said role claim, before you asked him about the role claim