Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

harperdc posted:

that Michigan game was the one that put Autzen Stadium on the map as a madhouse, the one in Ann Arbor was just the greatest thing of all time because Chip Kelly called a Statue of Liberty play TO SET UP A FAKE Statue of Liberty.

Please tell me this series is on youtube somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KKKLIP ART posted:

I would imagine if you search for Dennis Dixon statue of liberty you'll find it.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

KKKLIP ART posted:

They didn't happen in the same series, but:

The real one
The fake one

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

harperdc posted:

that Michigan game was the one that put Autzen Stadium on the map as a madhouse, the one in Ann Arbor was just the greatest thing of all time because Chip Kelly called a Statue of Liberty play TO SET UP A FAKE Statue of Liberty.

This remains one of my favorite football moments of all time.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Slate Action posted:

The real one
The fake one

Trick plays own, fakes own, so fake trick plays super own :allears:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Slate Action posted:

The real one
The fake one

It's like a behind-the-back zone read. Awesome.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
That game, and especially that series of plays was really Chip Kelly's coming out party. It felt like you were watching something big.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
RonEnglishVsSpreadOffenses.vlc

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Slate Action posted:

The real one
The fake one

Saw the ticker, got a little wet.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Winning games that matter is really hard. They matter because you are playing against a good team and one of you is going to lose.

Which is why I don't believe that the top tier will ever get more exclusive than the current Big 5 conferences (and could easily expand to include more schools either via more conference expansion or the AAC/MWC becoming big boy conferences). If the top schools only played the top schools there aren't enough wins to go around and the fanbases of those schools aren't going to accept losing seasons.

Is there a better term than "Big 5"? I feel like I'm just typing the name of the sporting goods store.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Thoguh posted:

Is there a better term than "Big 5"? I feel like I'm just typing the name of the sporting goods store.

There's "Power 5" but that sounds like a 90s superhero team.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Probably Magic posted:

I am prepared for Kansas's one win this year against SE Missouri State, which I refuse to believe is an actual college. I am also ready for the upset of the decade when West Virginia beats the poo poo out of the Crimson Tide opening week. Go Mountaineers.

Oh you poor, poor deranged fools.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

have a little faith, Andi

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Seeing Alabama drop their first game would warm my cold, dead heart.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Gator fans without SEC Network (basically me), looks like we get to buy another week - the game vs Idaho will be on ESPN U. Next two though will be on SEC Network :smith:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

OSU is losing to Navy

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

have a little faith, Andi

there is virtually Zero, Zero with a Z chance of us beating Alabama

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Congress activates Selective Service, Navy obliterates everyone.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Where's your irrational hope?

You call yourself a football fan.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

- me, before the Sugar Bowl

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Sash! posted:

Where's your irrational hope?

You call yourself a football fan.

My dreams died in a cold winter's night in December 2007.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Just got an ESPN alert that Braxton Miller is out for the season after injuring his shoulder.

Which means Northwestern Big Ten champs :smuggo:

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
This WVU-Bama game seems like classic opening weekend in the Saban era. The offense will be lackluster and inconsistent, the defense will play decently in stretches and then lights out in other stretches, they will have decent enough special teams play, and they'll grind out a win. Then the fanbase will :qq: that they didn't win by 50 or something.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I stand by my dream season for WVU being for you guys to beat the poo poo out of Alabama and then lose 11 straight.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Acquilae posted:

Just got an ESPN alert that Braxton Miller is out for the season after injuring his shoulder.

As an OSU fan, I completely expect that they will run the table and then JT Barrett will throw like 6 interceptions in the national semifinal.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Morby posted:

This WVU-Bama game seems like classic opening weekend in the Saban era. The offense will be lackluster and inconsistent, the defense will play decently in stretches and then lights out in other stretches, they will have decent enough special teams play, and they'll grind out a win. Then the fanbase will :qq: that they didn't win by 50 or something.

TBH, a win for us would be coming out looking remotely competent and forcing Saban to play starters deep into the 4th.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Ohio State will lose 2-3 games over the course of the season.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

AsInHowe posted:

Ohio State will lose 2-3 games over the course of the season.

They were probably gonna do that with Braxton starting.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Morby posted:

This is exactly what I'm expecting, but with an extra thread of people wondering why Blake Sims starts instead of Coker and my dad telling me it's because everything is too politically correct

roll tide

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Raku posted:

This is exactly what I'm expecting, but with an extra thread of people wondering why Blake Sims starts instead of Coker and my dad telling me it's because everything is too politically correct

roll tide

P'aww why did he start Blake Simms instead of Coker? Do you think it was because of Ferguson. I'll hang up and listen.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The person with the most to gain from this Braxton thing is Chris Ash because if that defense is competent enough after the abortion we saw last year, that dude is in for a major, major payday.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Sparty's the new favorite to win the B1G according to vegas

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

pillsburysoldier posted:

Sparty's the new favorite to win the B1G according to vegas

If you're just playing the odds I'd think it'd almost have to be someone from the West (probably Wisconsin, but maybe Iowa). Not that they're necessarily way better than OSU or MSU but the road is so much easier coming from that division.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Acquilae posted:

This is me in real life.

http://likeablanket.ytmnd.com/

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Glad someone turned Party USA's French Quarter napkin set into a football shirt.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Braxton still a hurtin' buckaroo?

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

I just flinched, like somehow that monstrosity contains the essence of Von Dozier.

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
UK football got some good news today with 4* safety Mike Edwards announcing he will be enrolling tomorrow. Edwards originally planned to grayshirt when he thought his shoulder injury from high school needed surgery, but that doesn't seem to be the case now. I don't know how much he'll play this season (if at all) due to missing most of camp/conditioning, but UK really could use the depth since fellow 4* safety Darius West is redshirting to let a preexisting leg injury heal completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

God dammit I like this. I can't explain why.

• Locked thread